Thread: Learning about the INTp/ESFj Dynamic

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    Just live life and see where this takes the both of us.
    @Aylen let's test this. @FeloniousFunk would you kindly grab the definition of Fi and Fe and do me the honor of watching my video on YouTube "Maritsa for Socionics" and asses which is my primary function of use? I would be honored if you took the time since you are a newbie and don't know me.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Just live life and see where this takes the both of us.
    I also asked my ESE friend and he said he'd rather wait than to pay the $5
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Besides general doubts in what people think about own types, your behavior contradicts to the type you think about yourself. Until there will be irrelevant info or behavior from your side, - there will stay reasons to correct you. You'd better listen and chill when you have nothing reasonable to argue against.
    Sol,

Tell it to someone who values your input. I'm not that guy. Thanks, man.

FF

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    @FeloniousFunk would you kindly grab the definition of Fi and Fe and do me the honor of watching my video on YouTube "Maritsa for Socionics" and asses which is my primary function of use? I would be honored if you took the time since you are a newbie and don't know me.
    Maritsa,

Absolutely. I'll check it out this evening.

FF
    Last edited by FeloniousFunk; 06-28-2016 at 10:41 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tell it to someone who values your input.
    Tell it to someone who values does you value their input.
    It's forum, but not your PM. And your bs misleads people here. And if you think incorrectly about your type, you'll don't understand the typology. While you have nothing resonable against "my input" to doubt in it.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's forum, but not your PM. And your bs misleads people here.

Sol,

You're going to have to communicate using intelligible English. Would you mind?

FF

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You're going to have to communicate using intelligible English.
    You are going to do uselees personal talking and to give redundant personal info about yourself. It's F types style.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It's forum, but not your PM. And your bs misleads people here. And if you think incorrectly about your type, you'll don't understand the typology. While you have nothing resonable against "my input" to doubt in it.
    Please be nice sol. There's no need to offend each other. You two don't know one another.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa,

Absolutely. I'll check it out this evening.

FF
    Excellent!

That will be interesting for you. My mom and I often do that kind of stuff together. But I moralize too much "she's being a terrible human being by not taking care of her sister She's not being kind...ect" but she likes me moralizing
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-28-2016 at 10:40 PM.
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are going to do uselees personal talking and to give redundant personal info about yourself. It's F types style.
    Sol,

I'm not on here to decipher someone's broken English. Sorry.

FF
    Last edited by FeloniousFunk; 06-29-2016 at 12:41 AM.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FeloniousFunk would you kindly grab the definition of Fi and Fe and do me the honor of watching my video on YouTube "Maritsa for Socionics" and asses which is my primary function of use? I would be honored if you took the time since you are a newbie and don't know me.
    Maritsa,

Fi is your primary function of use. Your comments about disliking a person's rude behavior toward the handicapped and elderly on the train exhibits an understanding of the social hierarchy; your dislike or disgust toward people who defy the social hierarchy exhibits your understanding of the quality, nature and proper maintenance of personal relations. When you acknowledge your love of the kindness, generosity and giving spirit of human beings, you show that you aspire to humanism and kindness as well as address your attitudes of like or dislike toward the same.

FF

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa,

Fi is your primary function of use. Your comments about disliking a person's rude behavior toward the handicapped and elderly on the train exhibits an understanding of the social hierarchy; your dislike or disgust toward people who defy the social hierarchy exhibits your understanding of the quality, nature and proper maintenance of personal relations. When you acknowledge your love of the kindness, generosity and giving spirit of human beings, you show that you aspire to humanism and kindness as well as address your attitudes of like or dislike toward the same.

FF
    you are good

@Sol see there's no need to insult people. If you type by video you can ask nicely "when you are up for it would you please make a video so that I may watch to see your on screen profile?" Bullying doesn't get anyone anywhere
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please be nice sol. There's no need to offend each other. You two don't know one another.
    Maritsa,

It's totally cool. From here out, I'm just letting the little guy scream into the void.

FF

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa,

It's totally cool. From here out, I'm just letting the little guy scream into the void.

FF
    It is that understanding of social hierarchy that LSE look for in their duals. Mainly someone who knows their place...right @Sol? Right!
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa,

FF
    I forgot to say "welcome"

I forgot what we give our gay members we give our nerds bunny slippers and boxers (joke). We may consider a garden lol
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @FeloniousFunk, I hope you totally love us now!

I just want you to know that I was not assuming you may have typed wrong; I was just saying: some newbies and some oldies take their time pinning it down, sometimes switching around a for quite awhile. Actually you sound like you have a good grasp on the things you have learned. The only "hmm" I had in what you wrote is your attributing asceticism to ESFj... I know some well and they all like some indulgence in sensory pleasures... but maybe we have a different idea on the meaning of the word.

Anyway, I wanted to say, if you haven't seen it yet (there is a lot to see here) you might be interested in Gulenko's "Quadra values": http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-Four-Quadra

In that article is an explanation of how people in the various Quadras view people in other Quadras, and I excerpted Alpha and Gamma below. The part in red below also goes along with my question about your calling him ascetic - because you seem to be saying he is "under-ly" vs. overly concerned... See:

Perception of other quadras:

Gammas tend to perceive Alpha types as creative, generally well-meaning, and friendly and pleasant people, especially as a group, as a first impression. Later, Gammas tend to see Alphas as lacking ambition in the longer term, overly concerned with sensorial pleasure and comfort, and overly demanding of, and sensitive to, external emotional expression without making much effort to focus on deeper feelings involved.

Alphas tend to regard Gamma types warily, as stand-offish and emotionally cold or even hostile, especially in work situations, as well as inclined to play favorites with those they know better or are attracted to. Alphas tend to see Gamma types as too harsh in their words and generally unimaginative, boring, and too worried about the future, as well as having a mean streak of unforgivingness and vindictiveness.

You might also find interesting a series of interesting articles on the "complexes" of each of the Quadras that @silke published here recently. Its kind of fun to read someone explain why you are so crazy. It confirms to me that we all are a bit crazy. Here is the Gamma Complex article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya and here it is for the Alpha Complex: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

Also, you may find this article interesting when you have the time: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    The only "hmm" I had in what you wrote is your attributing asceticism to ESFj... I know some well and they all like some indulgence in sensory pleasures... but maybe we have a different idea on the meaning of the word.
    Thanks for the welcome and all of the sources you posted. I'll check them out over the next day or two.

Asceticism was probably not the best word to have used in this instance. My partner certainly doesn't rob himself of certain pleasures (which I shall not go into) but he can be quite prudent; whereas I tend to be a bit more excessive and self-indulgent.

FF

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I forgot to say "welcome"

I forgot what we give our gay members we give our nerds bunny slippers and boxers (joke). We may consider a garden lol
    Hey, where's my bunny slippers, Maritsa? I totally didn't get them.

Gay members get rainbows. Or not. Depends on the local weather.

FeloniousFunk, I agree with your typing yourself ILI. You both look ILI to me, and you went from zero to "get this guy out of my face" on sol in minutes flat, and that's ILI in my book. FWIW, sol's English is better than my Russian, and despite his brusk character, he sometimes has insightful things to say.

If you are correct about your friend being ESE, then you should know that Conflictors can look a lot like Duals, both at first, and from a distance. My Conflictors are SEI, and like ESI's, they are attractive and typically dress with flair, but SEI have a really hard time dealing with me at close quarters. They are really nice people, but we have very different values. However, everyone's mileage varies.

Eliza posted some really good links. They are worth looking at, they have good info, particularly the Stratiyevskaya articles. Strat is also Gamma, and so her view of other Gammas is fairly unclouded. I'm looking for an article by her on ILI-SEE duality, or on ILI-ESE conflict. I'll link it if I can find it.

P.S.
    Here's one on Duality: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/64-Duality-Relations-INTp-and-ESFp-by-Stratiyevskaya

Here's one describing ILI's: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/293-INTp-profile-by-Stratiyevskaya

Here's one describing ESE's: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...iyevskaya-ESFj
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-29-2016 at 02:57 AM.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I agree with your typing yourself ILI. You both look ILI to me, and you went from zero to "get this guy out of my face" on sol in minutes flat, and that's ILI in my book.
    Adam:

Thanks for the welcome and the comical comments. I'll be checking out your links as well. Keep 'em coming; I have a lot to learn here.

I'd love that link on ILI-ESE conflict should you find it.

FF

P.S. No need for rainbows, unicorns or glitter bombs. I'll take one of these though: https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Profess...0?skuId=059707

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's an old thread worth reading

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-INTp-amp-ESFj

P.S. No need for rainbows, unicorns or glitter bombs. I'll take one of these though: https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Profess...0?skuId=059707
    lol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you are good

@Sol see there's no need to insult people. If you type by video you can ask nicely "when you are up for it would you please make a video so that I may watch to see your on screen profile?" Bullying doesn't get anyone anywhere
    you never thanked me @Sol for making ethical corrections

"The same thing happens with the "right to correction" (which is the cause of the most heated "battles" in aristocratic quadra). This right the LSE leaves to the EII, being highly suggestible by EII's remarks over aspect of ethics of relations (+Fi), while the right for "logical" correction the LSE reserves for himself (+Te)."
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not on here to decipher someone's broken English.
    You can understand what I say without problems.
    What is really you need to decipher is your broken understanding of the typology and of your own type, as INTP is very doubtful for you. Besides general significant possibility of mistyping. The best way for you is to make videointerview and to check your type. While your opinion about own type means nothing as you are incompetent in the Jung's typology, and not much means the opinion of MBT idiots which for decades can't notice their functional model for introverts is wrong and controverts to Jung, besides general low typing matches in Jung's typology.
    By using wrong own type you will not get use from the typology, but it's easy to harm yourself and people near you.

Fi is your primary function of use. Your comments about disliking
    The example, why to ask incompetent novices about type was stupid. Her type is not I*FJ and most probably is ENFJ.
    ENFJ like to play roles, besides having hard issues with objective reality and being honest with themselves.
    As novice you analyse types superficialy and is not hard to be misleaded. Try to think, why someone would value opinion of novices? Because of this.

I'm just letting the little guy scream into the void.
    You think too bad about people here. Some of them are able to find the sense and use in what I said, so to compare their mind with void is lesser appropriate than yours.
    To see your projections about "little guy" is also funny. Either you have low height, or feel yourself here as "little guy" being novice.
    Last edited by Sol; 06-29-2016 at 11:07 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@FeloniousFunk if thats you on your pic you look veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery ethical introvert
    Its ok i also mistyped as logical at first because im not very sympathetic/empathetic except to certain people and also uninformed people wanted to type me T online because i was mean to them online

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

There are no INTp. there are INTP, which are also called ILI. And there is common wrongly identified types, - the average accuracy is <50%. From point of Socionics relations of the mentioned types are rather doubtful, if they are long and you think them as good. I recommend you to check your type, at least.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    INTp is INTP what are you saying

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The only "hmm" I had in what you wrote is your attributing asceticism to ESFj...
    Not only. frugality and practicality is not common for F types, which live by emotions.
    Well, it's certainly possible that that dude has no "frugality, practicality and asceticism", as the perception of our "little guy" may to be wrong not only in the typology. Especialy when he is affected by "feelings", and maybe even has F type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

FeloniousFunk, I agree with your typing yourself ILI.
    You are superman if may to identify for sure a whole type without any information. Without videointerview and questionnaires, just by a couple of random messages on the forum.
    He gives too much info about personal life, by 1st messages to random people. Too soft in talking for forums. It's not common for T-I types. And that smiling babyface photo on avatar - common for ILI? That avatar gives +10 to F type.
    Until there is no normal typing info, with the heap of contradictions to the ILI, to be sure in this type is unreasonable.

you went from zero to "get this guy out of my face" on sol in minutes flat, and that's ILI in my book
    To ignore info you don't like is F types behavior. He does not argues, but after getting of disagreement he says like "I don't care about your opinion and don't write to me". It's childish reaction in logical region common for F types, especially P-F types. I*FP is more possible there.

Here's one on Duality: [URL="http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/64-Duality-Relations-INTp-and-ESFp-by-Stratiyevskaya"]http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/64-Duality-Relations-INTp-and-ESFp-by-Stratiyevskaya
    Stratiyevskaya is one of the worst sources about the typology.
    Last edited by Sol; 06-29-2016 at 09:44 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not only. frugality and practicality is not common for F types, which live by emotions.
    Well, it's certainly possible that that dude has no "frugality, practicality and asceticism", as the perception of our "little guy" may to be wrong not only in the typology. Especialy when he is affected by "feelings", and maybe even has F type.
    Stereotype. Feeler types are exceptionally good at saving money and buying homes.
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Adam:

Thanks for the welcome and the comical comments. I'll be checking out your links as well. Keep 'em coming; I have a lot to learn here.

I'd love that link on ILI-ESE conflict should you find it.

FF

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I found the article by Stratiyevskaya on ILI-ESE conflict. The bad news is that it is machine-translated from the original Russian, and reads like Sol (or Faulkner) on a very bad day. Like, you kind of have to use all the intuition you have, to understand that there is something valuable buried in there somewhere. I find that skimming it the first time through helps, just to get a feel for what is being said.

I'll PM it to you, along with a link to the original, and maybe you can find a local Russian translator who can turn it into something that makes sense more than 30% of the time.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stereotype. Feeler types are exceptionally good at saving money and buying homes.
    Agreed. He's one of the biggest Feelers I know, yet is exemplary when it comes to saving money and spending wisely. He simply values the freedom of an early retirement. Can't fault anyone for that.
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Her [Maritsa's] type is not I*FJ and most probably is ENFJ. ..
    No. She is INFj.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bad news is that it . . . reads like Sol (or Faulkner) on a very bad day.
    That sounds about as appealing as an Adam Sandler marathon.
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. She is INFj.
    He knows that I'm EII if he doesn't all he has to do is watch my video again and try to pay attention to my facial movements x then he will find the similarities in the mouth movement with a recent EII he's posted. Right @Sol
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also asked my ESE friend and he said he'd rather wait than to pay the $5
    It depends on the ESE for that particular instance. But all the ESE's I know practice the discipline of thrift in one way or another, to save for a rainy day - which they do well - and to have money available to indulge in the things they like, be it their hobby, their clothes, travel, a good meal out. One ESE friend has long been an almost Extreme Couponer. Minus the HUGE ridiculous mega-pantry of bins full of aspirin, soda, dish soap, snacks etc. Though she has a good full pantry. She pretty much never buys a thing for any more than 50% off. She prefers 75% or free! She has done this with dedication for years and when I first knew her (when we were both first married) I tried to learn from her (we met when we were both working to put our husbands through university) and I put a great deal of effort and time in trying to be as thrifty as her. I still try, but I gave up being as good as she is, particularly because I found couponing to be exhausting and not worth the effort.

This ESE friend practices extreme thrift with the family household income and indulges in things like plane tickets, family trips (which she is thrifty about) and has a thing for trying out expensive restaurants wherever she goes; its a passion, a real treat to her to do this. And she is quite a creative family cook, always experimenting with new recipes - using what was on sale that week, of course. (Other ESEs I know are more basic cooks). She always has discount or free tickets to the theater, concert, amusement - if there is a way to do any thing for less, she's already on it. So she has kept her family busy in many activities (the ESEs I know all like to be busy in many activities) on a shoestring budget. (Just like another ESE I know she always scours the community newspaper for free events).

Her longtime ILI husband, who seemed to show such promise for a good income in the beginning, with his intelligent mind and his diligent intellectual efforts, never did make a lot of money. He slowly and methodically and perfectly earned his Library Science degree then shortly after he decided he did not want to do that. So she continued her hard work as a travel agent to support him through another degree - architecture, and he completed that with honors. But then he never pursued that career either, and ended up moving them from her beloved California back to his hometown in Missouri (they'd met when in colleges there), so he could take over his father's business managing/repairing/maintaining a trailer park... she had to give up her beloved work at an airline in LA, as their new home was too far from an airport for that work. But he was comfortable with that work and she made up for any shortfalls with her energetic and extensive thrift, enabling her to stay home with the kids when they were young and as they grew, she grew her own estate sales business... which they sure needed when two of her sons needed some very expensive uncovered medical care.

ESEs seem to never tire...

And Maritsa - Funk's guy fits an ESE VI, don't you think?

Which reminds me, @FeloniousFunk, I told you all aobut Supervision relations but that's with ENFj. Oops. Its Conflictor, as you say. Conflict Relations are easier for you than Supervisee, because you are on equal footing. Perhaps you have already seen this article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lict-Relations Gulenko has some useful tips for getting along.

I know two longterm ILI/ESE couples including the one above. The wife is ESE in both instances. So if you have any questions about how ILI/ESE relations might be in various instances, I will be glad to tell you what I have seen and maybe it will be helpful.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes but ESE's take care of their resources. The "j" helps that "F". See my example I told Maritsa about...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't say "don't write to me."
    You lie, despite the evidence near. So stupid behavior is expected generally for F types.
    You have said: "Tell it to someone who values your input. I'm not that guy." So the sense I've said correctly.

All this your inadequate behavior was provoked by the statement that your type can to be other, and by your refusing that objectively there is nothing meaningful to think your type is INTP. Similarly is for the type of other man which you fantasy as ESFJ.

I enjoy watching you scream into the void
    It's good that you feel enjoy, hence there is something in your head besides the void, that even can to read and to reply.
    The "special abbility" of F types is to turn any reasonable talking, which they don't like, to a more usual for them territory of stupid hysterics. This is seen in your case clearly. Besides the tendency to ignore objective reality for the interest of momentary feellings.

ah. another your projection this fits to you also not bad
    using of emotional pictures and barking, instead of reasonable contrargumentation, - also a trait of F types

I suppose I've said enough, that even your hairy mongrel brains to do remembering and understood the main ideas about your type and what you need to do, in case you care about yourself and people near. There are clinical idiots, but probably you are not such.

When you'll make videointerview then you can be typed here. After a little provoking, I'm glad that you've shown how much "T type" you are, by senseless and inappropriate hysterics.
    For now moment, the most suspected types for you are I*F*.
    Later maybe we'll talk in other threads, as here I doubt you can behave adequately after a little of fair kicks.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sol would like to video type you please.

And yes Eliza. Very much so. Also FF seems to have good understand of the functions. I doubt he's mistyped himself
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I found the article by Stratiyevskaya on ILI-ESE conflict. The bad news is that it is machine-translated from the original Russian, and reads like Sol (or Faulkner) on a very bad day. Like, you kind of have to use all the intuition you have, to understand that there is something valuable buried in there somewhere. I find that skimming it the first time through helps, just to get a feel for what is being said.

I'll PM it to you, along with a link to the original, and maybe you can find a local Russian translator who can turn it into something that makes sense more than 30% of the time.
    Ah, you are resourceful. Why not print it here or in the Intertype Relations subforum. Maybe someone will help improve the translation. I would like to see it, even f its a bad translation, on account of knowing those two ILI-ESE couples.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sol,

Do you always have these kinds of tantrums when you don't get your way?

If I seriously valued your input, I'd work with you on this. I'd probably have already uploaded a video.

It's time though that you focus your attention on people who do value your input. Cool?

Cheers,

FF

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the ESE for that particular instance. But all the ESE's I know practice the discipline of thrift in one way or another, to save for a rainy day - which they do well - and to have money available to indulge in the things they like, be it their hobby, their clothes, travel, a good meal out. One ESE friend has long been an almost Extreme Couponer. Minus the HUGE ridiculous mega-pantry of bins full of aspirin, soda, dish soap, snacks etc. Though she has a good full pantry. She pretty much never buys a thing for any more than 50% off. She prefers 75% or free! She has done this with dedication for years and when I first knew her (when we were both first married) I tried to learn from her (we met when we were both working to put our husbands through university) and I put a great deal of effort and time in trying to be as thrifty as her. I still try, but I gave up being as good as she is, particularly because I found couponing to be exhausting and not worth the effort.

This ESE friend practices extreme thrift with the family household income and indulges in things like plane tickets, family trips (which she is thrifty about) and has a thing for trying out expensive restaurants wherever she goes; its a passion, a real treat to her to do this. And she is quite a creative family cook, always experimenting with new recipes - using what was on sale that week, of course. (Other ESEs I know are more basic cooks). She always has discount or free tickets to the theater, concert, amusement - if there is a way to do any thing for less, she's already on it. So she has kept her family busy in many activities (the ESEs I know all like to be busy in many activities) on a shoestring budget. (Just like another ESE I know she always scours the community newspaper for free events).
    This is great to hear. Although I first shuddered when I heard him utter "If it's free it's for me!" with a big smile on his face, I now better understand where he's coming from. We both have very much been into having lives of self-sufficiency (or at least self-reliance); he's just a little further down that path than I am. The man grows 75% of what he eats and barters his many skills like a pro. I think he and I do agree though that in being thrifty about some basic aspects of life, money can then be set aside for the indulgences that are truly worth it. We're both kind of obsessed with doing a lengthy kayaking trip through the Norwegian fjords:

Tomasz-Furmanek-fjords-kayak-15.jpg Tomasz-Furmanek-fjords-kayak-14.jpg Tomasz-Furmanek-fjords-kayak-7.jpg

I will likely be the one to curb him of his habit of driving to the next exit to save the 50-cent toll; he in turn will likely be the one to curb me of my habit of buying things in excess so I always have a ridiculous number of back-ups that I tell myself I need, yet rarely end up using.

ESEs seem to never tire...
    Can I get a Hallelujah?

Perhaps you have already seen this article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lict-Relations Gulenko has some useful tips for getting along.
    I hadn't, but I just read it. In particular, it was great to read these thoughts regarding Conflict Relations:

R.K. Sedih, "Informational psychoanalysis"

"Partners usually find each other quite interesting. Among Socionists the most wide-spread name for this type ofrelations is "conflict". This is justified only on low level of interaction when both partners are poorly developed and un-dualized. In this case, partners not realizing it will hit each other's weakest spots. This is a very difficult situation if both of them have to live together, sharing a room for example. Situation improves if even one partner is dualized. In this case partners can affect each other positively and even derive benefit from these relations. This aspect of interaction is satisfactory only if there is tolerance between partners. In socionics, there is a tradition to consider this interaction as the most harsh and uncomfortable for the individual. My own research has shown, however, that it is almost always not the case. Over many years of studying Socionics, I have not found any cases of such classic conflict as described by Aušra Augustinavičiūtė. Our observations and some recent theoretical developments suggest that in general this type of relation falls into the same level of comfort as semi-duality and activation relations."

FF

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If to assume that MBT ignoramuses have made the minimal mistake and F type is rather more possible for him, - we get INFP.

According to his inadequate hysterics cased by the description of objective situation (Te), Fe type is most possible. For E-J he reacts too slowly. So we get ISFP and INFP, where 1st has interest to alternative opinions (Ne valued), while 2nd tends to catch to its own Ni delusions.
    Also INFP give me childish effect and conflictor's IR is one of most problematic, - here is no controversion too.

So our little barking guy seems to be INFP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast