A quadra is a group of four socionic types which have the same valued elements. Types in same quadra share similar or compatible strivings, unspoken values, and expectations for interaction. The socion contains four quadras: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta.
Attempts at accurate descriptions of quadras are notoriously difficult, as each quadra description must find some commonality among four types that collectively represent all four temperaments and two different clubs. Because the shared quadra values are abstract, quadra descriptions typically rely on presumed shared interests.
Plus/Minus Functions and Quadra Values by V. Gulenko
Plus/Minus and Quadra Values
The Clock of the Socion by V. Gulenko
Quadra progression by Gilly
Quadra progression by dolphin
Alpha vs. Beta Social Groups
Beta Group Dynamics
Alpha impression of Delta groups
Gamma view on Delta
Stereotypical Delta Values
Alpha - Gamma relations and interaction
Beta - Delta relations and interaction
Subcultures and quadras/types
Growing up in out quadra environment
The people you hate the most are in your quadra
Art Movements by Quadra
What major strength does each type bring to the quadra table?
Quadra Progression and Evolution
Alpha: ILE (ENTp), LII (INTj), ESE (ESFj), SEI(ISFp)
Alpha is characterized as Judicious, Merry, and Democratic by Reinin dichotomies.
Ti and Ne
- Alpha types are inclined to discuss highly theoretical concepts as a source of intellectual stimulation and fun rather than for their practical merits.
- Alpha types tend to value logically consistent beliefs and ideas, and behavior that is consistent with personal values.
- Alpha types typically follow through on their ideas in the form of group activity.
- Alpha types tend to enjoy participating in groups where there is free exchange of positive emotional expression in an atmosphere pleasing to the senses.
- Alpha types are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly.
- Alpha types are inclined to show affection for others in the form of small practical services or gifts.
- Alpha types tend to feel energized in the positive atmosphere of special events, such as public holidays, parties and special celebrations.
Se and Fi
- Alpha types prefer to avoid the discussion of controversial and unpleasant subjects regarding personal relationships while in groups, especially if leading to confrontations.
- Alpha types are inclined to be tolerating of minor past misdeeds by others, giving priority to reconciliation and a convivial atmosphere.
- Alpha types are less likely to make investments that require long-term commitment and upkeep. They prefer short-term investments that offer a reliable outcome with minimal involvement.
- Alpha types avoid taking direct life advice, preferring to experience and learn for themselves. They perceive people who try to give such advice as pedantic.
Inclination for comfortable and pleasant group atmosphere, in the emotional, sensorial, and intellectual aspects. An ideal Alpha group situation is the exchange of light-hearted jokes while discussing imaginative ideas, movies, or sometimes sports, all while enjoying pleasant food and drink. Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny personal experiences are preferred over "serious" ones. The exchange of sober concrete details are avoided. If the group is playing a game together, the fun and jokes that go along with it are at least as important as the game itself. They avoid generating "heavy" moments; any dramatic expressions are limited in time, most often in service of a joke. Alphas are also perhaps the most likely types to participate in group use of mind-altering substances.
Alpha discussions tend to go off on tangents, in whatever direction seems most interesting or funny at the moment. Unusual personal observations are common, resulting from the analysis of the idiosyncrasies or inconsistencies of everyday life. If many in the group share the same observations, they are likely to express their agreement emphatically, so as to create a kind of "mental harmony" which enhances the group dynamic. If a new problem is encountered, it is expanded and developed in as many ways as possible, until some kind of satisfactory conclusion is reached.
Alphas make no distinction between "insiders" and "outsiders", easily drawing people into a conversation once it has begun — though they tend to just as easily withdraw if the person is not receptive. Likewise, they prefer to have the same behavior at work as at play; they find formal speech and dress to be pretentious, unnecessarily limiting, and even ridiculous. Alphas dislike the idea that there is something going on "behind the scenes", preferring to keep things (especially personal motivations) as open and straightforward as possible.
Romantic relationships usually evolve from sharing activities and interests for fun in a two-person version of the group behavior description above. Priority is given to keeping the partner happy in the sense of a good mood and amused on a daily basis, with avoidance of direct accusations or unnecessarily harsh criticism; relationships are seen as a source of day-to-day fun and happiness. Focus on remembering dates of particular significance and celebrating them. Playful interactions are based around light teasing and making the partner laugh; intimate atmospheres are based on generating a comfortable, welcoming, cozy atmosphere.
Perception of other quadras
- Beta: Alphas tend to regard Beta types as "cool" and fun, although "fun" with a bit of an edge, and too often inclined to be a bit bossy; in social situations Alphas usually resign the lead to Betas on the basis that Betas "care more." At work, Alphas are inclined to regard Beta types as too single-minded and rigid.
- Gamma: Alphas tend to regard Gamma types warily, as stand-offish and emotionally cold or even hostile, especially in work situations, as well as inclined to play favorites with those they know better or are attracted to. Alphas tend to see Gamma types as too harsh in their words and generally unimaginative, boring, and too worried about the future, as well as having a mean streak of unforgivingness and vindictiveness.
- Delta: Alphas tend to regard Delta types as kindly and creative, but a bit too serious in their ideals and principles and too demanding of the same from others.
Beta: SLE (ESTp), LSI (ISTj), EIE (ENFj), IEI (INFp)
Beta is characterized as Decisive, Merry, and Aristocratic by Reinin dichotomies.
Se and Ti
- Beta quadra types prefer situations where the power structure and hierarchy is clearly defined according to consistent rules where ambiguities are minimized.
- Beta quadra types are more confident analysing realistic characteristics of situations, people, and objects, rather than alternative and could-it-be scenarios.
- Beta quadra types are inclined to attribute to a new acquaintance traits that they have previously observed in other individuals belonging to the same group as they see the new acquaintance as belonging to (Aristocracy).
- Beta quadra types are inclined to look for general rules explaining people, politics, mechanisms and trends, rules that once defined can be applied generally, rather than go about things in a case-by-case way.
- Beta quadra types are energized by competitive situations where analytical tactics are emphasized.
- Beta types tend to enjoy group activities where the whole group participates in generating a common emotional atmosphere, as in laughing at jokes, etc.
- Beta types tend to feel energized in the presence of people who share their beliefs and express them with obvious enthusiasm and emotion.
- Beta types tend to give more value to feelings when they are demonstrated with clear emotional expression, and tend to increase the level of their own emotional expression in order to get a reaction from other people.
- Beta types tend to describe personal views of special meaning with "poetic" or "dramatic" expressions and language.
- Beta types are often deeply concerned about social issues and the direction the world is heading. They believe that apathy is a significant cause of societal problems, and work to fight against it.
Fi and Ne
- Beta types are not inclined to enjoy discussions of personal experiences when the focus is on a person's own inner feelings, especially when described in a subdued way.
- Beta types tend to be skeptical of another individual's potential for personal growth in terms of abilities and character, and dislike being the subject of such a discussion by others about themselves.
- Beta types tend to look down on nuts-and-bolts, detailed work as a source of success, preferring to focus on "vision" and leadership.
- Beta types don't so much enjoy relaxed personal activities as they do competitive group activities.
Preference for larger groups where participation is "collective" rather than focused on individuals for any length of time, but with likely "domination" by more assertive individuals. This means that beta groups discuss topics that everyone could contribute to. Frequent unexplained inside jokes are considered impolite because they exclude other people. Jokes are loud and general, often about stereotypes. Betas attempt to draw others into the group activity: for example, in a situation where there are "group rituals" going on (as in drinking, dancing, etc), there is good-natured pressure on "outsiders" to also participate in them, with a sort of puzzled dismay if they prefer not to. They also try to draw attention to people who might otherwise feel left out - usually this is done with general jokes directed at individuals. In more subdued moments, discussion of ideas involving present trends and political implications, with strong views voiced. Personal experiences tend to be discussed from the point of view of their external impact rather than the individual's own personal view of them.
When larger social events are organized by Betas (such as parties, receptions etc), they show an inclination to promote activities that will lead to the guests involved as a single group, such as games and shows; dislike for the "quieter" form of events where guests tend to quietly form smaller groups in more intimate atmospheres, which Betas tend to see as boring.
For Betas atmosphere is more important than specific activity or topic. Groups of betas spend time together to entertain each other. They exchange fun (and often loud) stories to feed the atmosphere, so that the group energy won't run out. People talk fast and they often add comments to other people's stories if they feel that the pace is slowing down. When someone starts to talk, he takes on the obligation to entertain for the duration of the monologue and, in a friendly group, other people only interrupt to try and help him keep control of the atmosphere.
Talking about personal matters in a group is not something that Betas generally do. It's viewed almost as treachery when something that was told in a one-on-one conversation is retold in front of a group, or when someone criticizes another person's traits in front of the group. Betas believe such things should be told in private and should not be used to embarrass or belittle a friend.
Betas also don't like it when people tell long, slow stories. Betas try to be polite and listen to the story, and they will forgive you if it was boring for them, but if someone does it too often they might not be invited back. Betas restrict long-winded stories to one-on-one conversations. However, IEIs are more likely to adjust to the slower stories because they are very flexible conversationalists.
Beta romantic relationships tend to start from intense exchanges of emotions, either of a playful, aggressive sort, or of a more "tormented" sort based on personal images of special meaning, "romantic" in a 19th-century sense. The two sorts merge together to make Beta the quadra most inclined towards "romantic courtship" in the everyday sense of the term. A relationship is felt to be "lacking" if not accompanied by intense demonstrations of emotions. Romantic relationships are also held together by a sense of common goals and purpose, and of the other person as the best partner towards achieving them. Betas are the most intense of all quadras in terms of exchanges of emotional and sensual interplay.
Perception of other quadras
- Alpha: Betas tend to regard Alpha types as pleasant company, fun and creative, but too goofy and present-oriented, lacking focus and ambition, needing to be led, and more concerned with refining the world of ideas and fun than the "real world".Usually a group which consists of members of both quadras gets along much better than Alpha-Beta interquadra pairs of people. In groups, Image:symbol_e.gif starts to dominate and there is a lot of active laughter as the Betas tell loud stories, and the Alphas make goofy suggestions for entertainment. On individual level, the differences are more difficult to overcome because values are different.
- Gamma: Betas tend to regard Gamma types as stand-offish and occasionally emotionally hostile, judgmental, and inclined to not seeing the "big picture" in political or work situations, a combination of political nativity and moral stiffness which may end up jeopardizing the Betas' goals. Socially boring, "can't take a joke", vindictive. A group consisting of Betas and Gammas does not mix well. Betas try to make general jokes, but Gammas make extremely personal sharp jokes. Gammas like everyone to take care of their own needs and people are constantly moving and forming small groups but Betas want people to stay together. Gammas feel that Betas are trying to restrict their fun and Betas feel that Gammas are just trying to break the fun group. However, on a personal level Betas and Gammas often get along very well - they discuss politics, religion, nature, etc. They both see the general trends and they compare predictions of what will happen next. Betas view the general emotions motivating the events and Gammas view the objective facts so they might not agree but the conversations are intriguing nonetheless.
- Delta: Betas tend to regard Delta types as noncommittal in their unwillingness to support goals decided in a group, lack of drive, and ethical self-righteousness. Rather than back group efforts that require vision and concentration of effort, Delta types prefer to just work on personal projects. Equally mixed groups of Betas and Deltas get along just fine. Nothing great, nothing horrible. Deltas tell their personal views, but they don't feel comfortable enough to get too personal and Betas make general jokes to entertain others but don't feel playful enough to make loud jokes that might offend Deltas. But when there's a quadra dominance, things go bad very fast. The Beta group is too loud and impersonal for Deltas and the Delta group is too muted and personal for Betas. Betas want to express their views and opinions very openly, while Deltas want everyone to keep any possibly offensive views to themselves.
Gamma: LIE (ENTj), ILI (INTp), SEE (ESFp), ESI (ISFj)
Gamma is characterized as Decisive, Serious, and Democratic by Reinin dichotomies.
Te and Ni
- Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.
- Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.
- Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.
- Gamma types take a hard-line approach regarding ethical principles and the punishment, even revenge, on those who break them.
- Gamma types place high value on personal loyalty, once they feel a close relationship has been established.
- Gamma types like to discuss personal relationships in a realistic manner and are skeptical that "jerks" can ever become "nice people", for instance.
Fe and Si
- Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.
- Gamma types reject the idea that it's best to avoid confrontations so as not to spoil the mood of those present, they prefer directness in settling or at least discussing disagreements.
- Gamma types have difficulty relating to emotional atmospheres connected to "special dates" such as public holidays.
- Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.
- Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities.
Groups made up of primarily Gamma types tend to be small in size; perhaps 6 at most. Laughter and very obvious displays of emotion are subdued, instead, there is a lot of smiling, amusement with ironic and witty remarks or, when serious subjects or not very happy personal experiences are discussed, a serious demeanour. Even such small groups tend to split into smaller ones; perhaps 3 is the ideal "group" size for Gammas.
Group discussions are focused on exchange of information and ideas on subjects of mutual interest, discussing and planning activities together, or on personal experiences. The latter are usually discussed not with the purpose of making people laugh or to boast one's position but to get an insight into the lessons to be drawn from such experiences.
Gammas usually dislike being "drawn" into larger groups where loud exchanges of jokes and quick shifting of one subject to the other are the norm, as in a large dinner table in an informal environment, especially if the group is also somewhat "artificial" as in work colleagues or business partners where personal relationships weren't really spontaneously formed. In such situations, Gammas will tend to focus on the persons sitting immediately near them in order to engage them in more individual conversations or will tend to remain mostly silent, not really participating in the group atmosphere, making the impression of being "introverts" in the everyday meaning of the term.
Once a group is formed, it tends to be wary for some time of "newcomers", being neither exclusive nor inclusive on purpose. Conversations often focus on trends regarding material and yet personal issues, such as career prospects and developments, success or failure of financial investments and enterprises, and the future prospects of romantic relationships, as well as the reasons for the failure of past ones. In more light-hearted moments, such talks get a "bawdy" flavor with some slight teasing.
Other subjects tend to focus on internal work politics from the point of view of how it jeopardizes general efficiency, the nonsense of bureaucracy, and how to be better than competitors.
Gammas usually have little time for "romance" in the "wooing" meaning of the term; relationships tend to develop rather as the meeting of two individuals interested in a relationship and each other. Elements of "courtship" or "romance" are seen as rituals with less meaning than the feelings involved. Relationships, also friendships, usually develop from exchanges of information, ideas, personal experiences of special significance, and mutual help, proceeding to activities together.
Gamma romantic interactions tend to focus on the longer-term prospects of the relationship in terms of definition, that is, for instance, even if it is to be a temporary relationship, this should be more or less clear, or at least in one's mind, from the beginning. General impatience with flirting for flirting's sake, or for fun; approaches and moves are made with a purpose, which may be altered down the road, nonetheless. Assumption that sexual innuendo and approaches are backed by some sort of emotional attachment. Once a relationship is established as being romantic, interactions tend to focus on physical and somewhat tough interplay and innuendo. Playful power-games, focusing on intensity of interactions and feelings.
Perception of other quadras
- Gammas tend to perceive Alpha types as creative, generally well-meaning, and friendly and pleasant people, especially as a group, as a first impression. Later, Gammas tend to see Alphas as lacking ambition in the longer term, overly concerned with sensorial pleasure and comfort, and overly demanding of, and sensitive to, external emotional expression without making much effort to focus on deeper feelings involved.
- Gammas tend to regard Beta types as driven, ambitious people with a sense of purpose and who can get things done, usually with very strong views, as in political issues or ways of approaching work, which Gammas tend to see as not backed by sufficient factual confirmation and therefore too ideological. Gammas also may regard Betas as two-faced when bent on achieving a goal, and too concerned with their social status, and that of others, within any given social group.
- Gammas tend to perceive Delta types as kindly, well-meaning and creative people, but perhaps too present-focused and lacking ambition with a longer-term perspective, as well as being overly welcoming and forgiving of people whom Gammas may regard as undeserving.
Delta: LSE (ESTj), SLI (ISTp), IEE (ENFp), EII (INFj)
Delta is characterized as Judicious, Serious, and Aristocratic by Reinin dichotomies.
Te and Si
- Delta types make a point of talking about the rationale behind their actions and emphasizing the productiveness or unproductiveness of different ways of doing things - even in such emotional areas as personal relationships.
- Delta types value peaceful, refreshing activities where they are doing something useful and balancing out their inner world at the same time.
- Delta types have the philosophy that they will have to rely on their own industriousness to achieve their goals rather than on luck, speculation, group effort, or strong leadership.
- Delta types love to share personal experience mixed with their own sentiments regarding their experiences, but all in an insightful and non-dramatic manner.
- Delta types like to talk about new beginnings, opportunities for personal growth, and their plans and prospects for the future.
Fe and Ni
- Delta types rarely display their deep passions and vision, preferring instead to talk in more neutral terms about what they want to do and why.
- Delta types reject dramatism and emotional affect in favor of wry humor and understatement.
- Delta types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive or restful activity.
- Delta types generally dislike using poetic wording when describing their inner state, but talk simply about what they feel or their bodily sensations.
- Delta types do not fare well in high-pressure situations where they are being forced to do things, are facing threatening opponents, or are submitted to rigorous discipline, but wear out quickly and look for a more peaceful and welcoming environment.
Groups made up of primarily Delta types tend to be focused on working on projects, enjoying physical recreation, or finding out interesting things about each other. Laughter is usually subdued and brief; instead, people smile a lot and try to be witty and welcoming. Groups need to be focused on some specific productive activity or topic of discussion, or else they fall apart. In Delta groups, there is a lot of splintering and decentralization. This allows for more focused and productive interaction with only those who share your particular interests or sentiments. People jump from small group to small group easily to keep up their interest level. No one demands that the entire group listen to one person or that everyone do the same thing. Delta Quadra types believe that if everyone just pursues their own interests and makes some accommodations for others, the group will be better off anyway. Delta Quadra types do not focusing on building group identity or unity of purpose, but prefer for the group to remain splintered and decentralized.
Delta romantic relationships usually begin simply as the encounter of two individuals interested in a relationship and each other in a particular moment, with very little in terms of outward demonstrations of "romance" in the "wooing" sense of the term or in strong external demonstrations of emotions. Deltas are more focused on the present moment than Gammas, and therefore even relationships of very strong attachment do not lead to constant concerns as to their longer-term practical feasibility. Deltas see as optimal romantic relationships those where partners spend time together on fun activities and sharing ideas of potential practical application. Romantic atmospheres are low-key, based on comfort but practicality.
Perception of other quadras
- Alpha: Deltas tend to see Alpha types as fun company and interesting people to discuss ideas and prospects with, but naive and inconsistent in their personal and business relationships. Alpha types seem to lack the common sense to turn their fun and creative energy into something productive and often seem overly idealistic.
- Beta: Deltas tend to see Beta types as people who "dream big" and always want to turn things into grandiose endeavors, yet can't manage day-to-day affairs effectively. Also, Beta types seem unwilling to consider things from the point of view of others, which gives them a streak of meanness and cruelty.
- Gamma: Deltas tend to see Gamma types as driven and reliable in personal and business relationships, but not sufficiently understanding of people who want to pursue their own individual path in life. Gamma types sometimes become too demanding and can have a streak of vindictiveness or spitefulness which prevents them from being accepting and forgiving.
Original article: КВАДРЫ
Upon creation of groups of like-minded people united by a common idea, common goal directed towards solution of any major problems the knowledge of socionics quadras might be beneficial. Quadra consists of two similar in spirit dual pairs. Overall there are four quadras and each has its own worldview, own values, outlook on life, behavior - all of what is called the "quadra spirit". Even the humor in the quadra is different.
Members of quadra are united by certain common interests and most importantly the lack of possibility for conflict. They always understand each other, words and actions are not considered as offensive. Working together is extremely fruitful and productive.
Communication in the quadra removes physical and mental tension, it stimulates, raises the tone, provides mental immunity to life's adversities. This is the ideal form of psychotherapy groups. Quadra can be formed from sufficiently large number of people and it is totally not necessary to have the same number of people of each type.
It is worth to note that if a person from a different quadra is put into such a group he either feels himself extremely uncomfortable or makes the whole quadra feel like that. Who will win is determined by the intertype relations. Quadra almost doesn't notice certain "strangers" while others are "splitting" and "tearing" it.
If you want to form a unified team for business then the most favorable relations will be on a team consisting of people from only one quadra.
First quadra or Alpha Quadra consists of four sociotypes: ILE, SEI, LII, ESE. Their perception of the outside world is characterized by particular lightness, openness and mobility. They are always driven towards all different directions, living in wait of some new and interesting information wherever it may come from. They are very entertaining people who prefer an environment with informal communication. They are democratic by nature, denying any stiffness or over-regulation. These sociotypes are almost completely torn off from the ground and easily move to any branch of human activity. Narrow specialization is not for them. While in continuous search, they can become the center of the nascent vortex - a source of future storms. But they do not carry the storm themselves. The most "stormy" on sight seems to be Robespierre but in real life he is a soft and compliant person who only in his dreams creates projects of a fair state.
Sociotypes of the first quadra when discussing emerging issues rely on their common values. Firstly it is -Fe () i.e. minimization of negative emotions. Avoidance of quarrels and scandals, emotional instability seems more important overall for this quadra than getting positive emotional outbursts. Secondly it is +Si() i.e. positive sensations, comfort. In an atmosphere of tension and strictness they are unable to fully realize themselves. Their style of work is characterized by relaxation, freedom, comfort. Relationship with external environment in which their activity takes place must be friendly and pleasant. Their company is always comfortable, relaxed, homelike. It is never rude or eccentric.
Third value is +Ne() - perspective ideas. Therefore in the "air" quadra there are always talks about the future, the unknown, the possible. These sociotypes might seem as hopeless dreamers. And that is totally true: They tend to look further than anyone else - over the horizon, with pleasure they push for and discuss "crazy" theories. Some of those theories however are destined to live long. So long that they always outlive their creators.
The fourth value of this quadra - global structural logic -Ti(). The tool that they always use in getting to know the world is a systematic analysis. They are primarily interested in the universal laws that govern the world. And all the traditions, conventions and limitations are dropped when doing this. Literally everything is subject for comparison, analysis and analogies. The main objective that they pursue is a comprehensive, breathtaking in its vastness and harmony unified view of the world. The idea of integrity, rationality and justice of all things permeates through their worldview.
First quadra also has a social mission with coincides with its values. Its purpose is creation and spread of new concepts of social development. In short it could be called enlightenment. In places where such sociotypes gather new social, scientific and political trends are always born and spread that may in the future change the course of history.
Psychological "age" in which representatives of the first quadra live is childhood. All of them feel and often act like real kids - sincere, direct and greatly curious. They are able to be surprised by everything. Their skepticism is minimal. These "child-like" traditions will stay with them for all their life. Their undying thirst for new perspectives and open-minded, uncomplicated view of the world allows us to compared this phase of development to the first season of the year cycle - spring. It is in spring that new life energy wakes and makes everyone know of itself. Spring is a time of hopes and ambitious plans that will come true totally not as planned.
We will look at each Quadra in more detail alongside with Gulenko (Based on material from an article "Quadras and their socio-psihological characteristics", Journal of Socionics, Mentology and Personality Psychology, "# 1, 1995).
The baton in the relay-race is passed from the first quadra to the second quadra, known as Beta Quadra. It includes such sociotypes: SLE, IEI, LSI, EIE. These sociotypes have the following qualities: active nature, passion, determination and strength. They literally burn with passion, seek and find a field of activity for themselves where they can apply their energy and feel the spirit of struggle so needed by them.
Core values of the second quadra are as follows. Firstly they are united by the desire to maximize positive emotions +Fe(). They are able to enjoy themselves even with little. In the background of turbulent dramatic emotions which always accompany this quadra even a little detail that deserves a positive response is regarded as an occasion for joy and uplift of the mood.
Secondly "fire" sociotypes holds as one of the greatest values the minimizing of weakness -Se(), i.e.endurance in struggle against deprivation and resisting the enemies. This quadra is where willpower is a prerequisite for effective action. Persistence, determination, endurance and relentlessness will always have the greatest authority amongst them.
Thirdly the second quadra is united by passionate desire to avoid danger -Ni(). They are set to prevent errors that have already happened before. In their midst experience, skill, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations. The fourth of their values is organizational logic +Ti() which is based on their sense of duty, citizenship, loyalty to the selected cause. Therefore it is the most disciplined and organized quadra which is able to quickly gather all of the forces in a fist in the event of imminent danger or in case of extreme situation.
From the quadra values follows its social role - the introduction of new orders and organizational structures in conditions of resistance of the environment. In history sociotypes of this quadra stand out as creators of states and empires, political activists who relentlessly fight for power. It is enough to remember Alexander of Macedonia or Peter I. Their purposeful energy is hard to resist. Overcoming obstacles with willpower - that is their mission. And they prefer not to defend but to attack. They enthusiastically sing of sacrifices and losses that are inevitable in the struggle.
Psychological age of "fire" sociotypes is youth. The greatest strength a man has is in his youth when he is brave, active and impatient. He craves for action and self-affirmation. He needs a big task where he could realize his energy. He holds in his heart ambitious dreams of a brilliant career, major conquest, glory and honor. This fully corresponds with the worldview of second quadra. Its representative look young and strong, cheerful and beautiful, able to use their bodies well. In the yearly cycle they are corresponded with the most sunny, energy-rich phase - the summer. Summer time - time of accomplishments. Dreams and illusory plans of spring are left behind. The time has come for concrete action.
No matter how attractive summer is the passing of time is unstoppable. In place of energetic second quadra comes the third or "Gamma" quadra. It consists of: SEE, ILI, LIE, ESI. This quadra's perception is like water - a cleansed beginning. With its flow it washes away all of the dirt that has accumulated in the second stage. Simultaneously it starts to erode the foundation upon which the solid structure of second quadra was built. Water spreads over the surface filling cavities and cracks. Likewise the nature of the third quadra is characterized by variability, hidden reefs, inner wildness, hidden excitement, currents that are invisible from above.
The third quadra professes its values. Firstly they refer to +Fi (). This aspect implies criticism of evil, desire to get away from bad people and negative relationships, protect themselves from enemies and adversaries. They want to minimize the negative experiences because all of the repressed issues as we know from psychoanalysis have to have an emotional response, physical payment for the purification of the subconscious.
Secondly their intuitive value is +Ni() (intuition of the future). Suppressing their inner turmoil and short temper these sociotypes prefer a gradual move into the future though sharply rejecting outdated ideas and criticizing past mistakes and errors. Step by step closing by to the close, real future they generally believe in a linearity of development i.e. in their mind you just need to remove hindering obstacles, vestiges of the past and immediately in front of us opens up unlimited opportunities for growth. This quadra is not afraid of chaos and upheaval, they are able to act in situations of debacle, risk and confusion.
Their next fundamental value -Te() i.e. business logic of risk and entrepreneurship. They are characterized by prioritizing rejection of useless, petty, familiar. This aspect stands higher than accumulation and rational consumption. Sociotypes of third quadra can successfully operate in conditions of economic scarcity when you need have to find a way out by using what might seem as useless at first but is available in abundance.
Finally the sensory value of the quadra +Se() - resistance and opposition. This quality suggests that sociotypes of the quadra are able well to defend themselves and their positions. It is difficult for them to come to power as you have to resist the willful "beta" quadra but when they seize power they successfully keep it in spite of all attempts at restoring it. Security, ability to resist, not letting go of what is achieved is a principle that they respect. From these values naturally emerges social mission of the third quadra - cleansing which is to be understood both literally and figuratively. They restore outrageous or subject to distortion principles, doing everything in their power to remove obstacles and limitation preventing rapid improvement. Third quadra can be called a quadra of criticism and reform. In contrast to the "fire" quadra which is firstly oriented politically the "water" quadra is oriented socially.
Third quadra is older than the second also by its psychological age. Its period - mid-life, maturity. It is no secret that exactly when reaching the middle of ones life a person thinks deeply about how he lived before and by abandoning old stereotypes is able to drastically change the course of their destiny. Reflection on the journey from the heights of past years, evaluation of gained experience, collection of "harvest" corresponds essentially to fall - the time of the year when everyone can see how he worked during the spring and summer and what he objectively is worth. Fall - time of summing up and making evaluations.
After the critical work of the third quadra the way is cleared to enter the arena for the last in the cycle fourth quadra or "delta". Its perception of the world is harsh and realistic. It best relates to the element of earth. This quadra consists of the following sociotypes: LSE, EII, SLI, IEE. Earth is the most conservative but at the same time the most fertile element. In general such is the atmosphere of the quadra which unites realists who value stability and proven traditions above all else. Among them differs Huxley who is able to get involved in the unusual but even he in general is oriented towards the other side of the common in search of sensations.
Sociotypes of this quadra have the following values. Firstly +Fi () good, warm relationships. Psychological factor plays the vital role. Without ethical values of positive character (such as recognition of religion, individuality and everyone's uniqueness, non-interference into the inner world of a man, concrete humanism and etc.) the stability that they strongly support is hardly possible. The second value -Si() - the existence of good working conditions, lack of discomfort, unwillingness to change the existing order of things, exclusion of harmful influence of the environment - in short to minimize negative sensations. In this quadra one can't work in a rush, comfort of the working place and coherence of the collective is highly valued. Most important place given to ecology and clean products.
Thirdly the fouth quada is oriented towards the aspect of +Te() which implies the logic of the use and management of the resources. This is the most cost-conscious quadra which is able to efficiently consume and prefers high quality and sturdy products. For sociotypes of this quadra risk, rush, economic chaos and fraud are unusual. Society of qualitative consumption can only be stable.
And the fourth value of the quadra is -Ne() aspect meaning the alternative, unusual and sensational. Despite their grounded nature sociotypes of this quadra respect unusual and talented people who offer alternatives. In any case obstacles for the spread of new information no matter how avant-garde is not valued. Therefore in the community located on the fourth quadra stage periodically break out some sensations, outbreaks of interest towards original people and what they preach, alternative ideas for development are pushed forward.
Social mission of "delta" quadra therefore is to ensure the stable development and judicious use of accumulated resources while preparing the ground for the weak seeds of new. Main quality of such societies (this includes most of the Western countries) is stable use of material and spiritual products. Only in conditions of stability can exist the development and spread of new and still very fragile and unprotected initiatives, beginnings, movements. In history of Russia such stable periods include for example the reign of Catherine II during which the "golden age" of Russian nobility happened. Or the industrial boom in Russia at the beginning of the XX century before the First World War. Psychological age of the quadra is old age. It has to bear the fading, torpor and relief. Wisdom and experience accompanies the last period of life that lies on the basis of respect for tradition and a significant proportion of conservatism which is so characteristic for sociotypes included in this quadra. Their time of year is Winter, which they meet not with empty hands.
Stability for all its positive qualities also means a gradual stop of life. Absolutely stable systems can not endure for long as by law of entropy they decompose and degrade. But life is prolonged as during this period the search for alternative ways ends - finally forms and spreads the new trends that offer new paths of social development that reject traditional ones. One of these trends starts to rapidly grow namely that in which decrepit society needs most for the new revival. A new triumphal march begins - after winter comes the new spring. In the depths of the fourth quadra inevitably unfolds and proceeds to action the first one. The entire development cycle is repeated. That is how the complex mechanism of humanity works which we call the law of social progress. While quadras are socio-psychological units that determine the chronology of this process.