Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I asked my brother who is SEE and he said he would pay the $5
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll undoubtedly end up paying the $5, which is irrelevant to me. I'm more concerned about when it comes to a dozen of those situations every day.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    I'll undoubtedly end up paying the $5, which is irrelevant to me. I'm more concerned about when it comes to a dozen of those situations every day.
    Here's my SEE brother and his SEE wife

-

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @FeloniousFunk, I hope you totally love us now!

I just want you to know that I was not assuming you may have typed wrong; I was just saying: some newbies and some oldies take their time pinning it down, sometimes switching around a for quite awhile. Actually you sound like you have a good grasp on the things you have learned. The only "hmm" I had in what you wrote is your attributing asceticism to ESFj... I know some well and they all like some indulgence in sensory pleasures... but maybe we have a different idea on the meaning of the word.

Anyway, I wanted to say, if you haven't seen it yet (there is a lot to see here) you might be interested in Gulenko's "Quadra values": http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-Four-Quadra

In that article is an explanation of how people in the various Quadras view people in other Quadras, and I excerpted Alpha and Gamma below. The part in red below also goes along with my question about your calling him ascetic - because you seem to be saying he is "under-ly" vs. overly concerned... See:

Perception of other quadras:

Gammas tend to perceive Alpha types as creative, generally well-meaning, and friendly and pleasant people, especially as a group, as a first impression. Later, Gammas tend to see Alphas as lacking ambition in the longer term, overly concerned with sensorial pleasure and comfort, and overly demanding of, and sensitive to, external emotional expression without making much effort to focus on deeper feelings involved.

Alphas tend to regard Gamma types warily, as stand-offish and emotionally cold or even hostile, especially in work situations, as well as inclined to play favorites with those they know better or are attracted to. Alphas tend to see Gamma types as too harsh in their words and generally unimaginative, boring, and too worried about the future, as well as having a mean streak of unforgivingness and vindictiveness.

You might also find interesting a series of interesting articles on the "complexes" of each of the Quadras that @silke published here recently. Its kind of fun to read someone explain why you are so crazy. It confirms to me that we all are a bit crazy. Here is the Gamma Complex article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya and here it is for the Alpha Complex: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

Also, you may find this article interesting when you have the time: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    The only "hmm" I had in what you wrote is your attributing asceticism to ESFj... I know some well and they all like some indulgence in sensory pleasures... but maybe we have a different idea on the meaning of the word.
    Thanks for the welcome and all of the sources you posted. I'll check them out over the next day or two.

Asceticism was probably not the best word to have used in this instance. My partner certainly doesn't rob himself of certain pleasures (which I shall not go into) but he can be quite prudent; whereas I tend to be a bit more excessive and self-indulgent.

FF

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The only "hmm" I had in what you wrote is your attributing asceticism to ESFj...
    Not only. frugality and practicality is not common for F types, which live by emotions.
    Well, it's certainly possible that that dude has no "frugality, practicality and asceticism", as the perception of our "little guy" may to be wrong not only in the typology. Especialy when he is affected by "feelings", and maybe even has F type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Not only. frugality and practicality is not common for F types, which live by emotions.
    Well, it's certainly possible that that dude has no "frugality, practicality and asceticism", as the perception of our "little guy" may to be wrong not only in the typology. Especialy when he is affected by "feelings", and maybe even has F type.
    Stereotype. Feeler types are exceptionally good at saving money and buying homes.
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Stereotype. Feeler types are exceptionally good at saving money and buying homes.
    Agreed. He's one of the biggest Feelers I know, yet is exemplary when it comes to saving money and spending wisely. He simply values the freedom of an early retirement. Can't fault anyone for that.
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Sometimes but ESE's take care of their resources. The "j" helps that "F". See my example I told Maritsa about...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's an old thread worth reading

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-INTp-amp-ESFj

P.S. No need for rainbows, unicorns or glitter bombs. I'll take one of these though: https://www.vitamix.com/Shop/Profess...0?skuId=059707
    lol
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@FeloniousFunk if thats you on your pic you look veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery ethical introvert
    Its ok i also mistyped as logical at first because im not very sympathetic/empathetic except to certain people and also uninformed people wanted to type me T online because i was mean to them online

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The bad news is that it . . . reads like Sol (or Faulkner) on a very bad day.
    That sounds about as appealing as an Adam Sandler marathon.
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sol would like to video type you please.

And yes Eliza. Very much so. Also FF seems to have good understand of the functions. I doubt he's mistyped himself
    -

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*awkward cough* Thelonious Monk?
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    *awkward cough* Thelonious Monk?
    Um, Duh.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ILI mom and my bosses wife also ILI are very much into horticulture also my mom is very organized like you are
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI mom and my bosses wife also ILI are very much into horticulture also my mom is very organized like you are
    Maritsa:

I did a lot of reading today about the other MBTI type where I could possibly fall (ENTP) and am slowing coming to the realization that at least on the MBTI I'm probably better typed as an ENTP. In the past when taking the MBTI, I've usually ended up more as xNTP. I'm by no means a classic extrovert--I'm a bit of a lone wolf--but the overall characteristics of the ENTP are an even better fit than of the INTP. I may not be as active when it comes to people, but I am when it comes to pursuing ideas and studies. I pay more attention to the objective side of things, not the subjective. The Ne piece just really hits home. Who knows how this will play out in Socionics, but if I had to make a call with what I now understand, I'd say I'm closest to an ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8 / SCUEI.

For what it's worth, this brief video was very helpful for flushing the whole INTP/ENTP distinction out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiKT7I7GGx0

Thoughts?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa:

I did a lot of reading today about the other MBTI type where I could possibly fall (ENTP) and am slowing coming to the realization that at least on the MBTI I'm probably better typed as an ENTP. In the past when taking the MBTI, I've usually ended up more as xNTP. I'm by no means a classic extrovert--I'm a bit of a lone wolf--but the overall characteristics of the ENTP are an even better fit than of the INTP. I may not be as active when it comes to people, but I am when it comes to pursuing ideas and studies. I pay more attention to the objective side of things, not the subjective. The Ne piece just really hits home. Who knows how this will play out in Socionics, but if I had to make a call with what I now understand, I'd say I'm closest to an ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8 / SCUEI.

For what it's worth, this brief video was very helpful for flushing the whole INTP/ENTP distinction out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiKT7I7GGx0

Thoughts?
    I think that you write and speak more like iNTp, INTp and ENTp are so different because of extraversion and Fi polr. I don't see any Ne info. But who knows.

Wow that's a great video. I watched it and you could be ENTp
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you write and speak more like iNTp, INTp and ENTp are so different because of extraversion and Fi polr. I don't see any Ne info. But who knows
    I appreciate your feedback. When you get a minute, would you mind watching that 3 minute YouTube clip I posted and letting me know whether you're in agreement with what the guy has to say about ENTPs often mistyping themselves as INTPs?

Thanks,

FF

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I appreciate your feedback. When you get a minute, would you mind watching that 3 minute YouTube clip I posted and letting me know whether you're in agreement with what the guy has to say about ENTPs often mistyping themselves as INTPs?

Thanks,

FF
    I'm watching all his videos now
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks,

FF
    So do you talk as fluidly and as fast as him? Also, you should join us in our chat room http://tinychat.com/fagland (sorry for the name BnD made it up )
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do you talk as fluidly and as fast as him? Also, you should join us in our chat room http://tinychat.com/fagland (sorry for the name BnD made it up )
    Yes. I talk as fluidly, clearly, succinctly and as quickly as he. I'm also usually riding a pretty significant caffeine buzz.

FF

P.S. I appreciate the chat invite, but I'm usually hanging out in http://tinychat.com/cuntville instead.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes. I talk as fluidly, clearly, succinctly and as quickly as he. I'm also usually riding a pretty significant caffeine buzz.

FF

P.S. I appreciate the chat invite, but I'm usually hanging out in http://tinychat.com/cuntville instead.
    This is better for you, now you are activity relationship. How does this make you feel?
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is better for you, now you are activity relationship. How does this make you feel?
    Feel? Please, not the F word.

It certainly backs up the non-stop enjoyment he and I get from doing things together. We're also fortunate to have a ton of common interests, including kayaking, hiking, camping, cooking and gardening. We're both big adventure travelers too. I think I just need to be cognizant of the fact that he and I run the risk of burning out by spending too much time together and not allowing the other a bit of space periodically. It's good that we live a 2 hour drive from each other right now, so the distance keeps us in check.

FF

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Why do you think youre a logical type?

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sol,

I was either going to type as an INTp or an ENTp. The question was which. I just enjoy watching your hysterics as you scream at yet another person that they're an F and don't deserve to play in your T sandbox.

Keep it up, man. It's quite entertaining.

FF

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FeloniousFunk, those succulents in the picture are amazing! So very uniquely beautiful; I have never seen anything like them. So fascinating to look at! So much so that I keep going back to the picture to gaze at them.

Your being ENTp would be much better for you and your friend, who looks and sounds ESFj to me, and it fits with what you pointed out - how you enjoy activities together. I am "Activity" with one of my brothers and I have to say, my best times with him were always doing things with him.

From the pic of yourself here, my first thought was that I do not see a visual connection at all between you and the other INTp's I know, who have more of a slightness, or refined-ness to features, or a kind of boyishness to their look even as they age. Also same for one INTp I met briefly. I thought maybe the INTp's I know were perhaps of a different subtype than you, so maybe that would explain it. Plus I do not consider myself an expert on VI. But now that you say ENTp, I realize you do seem to fit in the same "group" as the longtime ENTp I know. And in fact he is INTp-Ne!

So if you want to see a pic of a fellow ENTp-Ne, I will private message it to you (because I don't want to post his pic on forum without asking him, and its a weird thing to ask, so I would rather just PM it if you are interested.)
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 07-14-2016 at 02:17 AM.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FeloniousFunk, those succulents in the picture are amazing! So very uniquely beautiful; I have never seen anything like them. So fascinating to look at! So much so that I keep going back to the picture to gaze at them.
    Thanks for your post. A few of the images I attempted to attach somehow got corrupted so I went ahead and reloaded them. They really are some amazing little plants.

No need to send the ENTPs pic, but I do appreciate the offer.

Cheers,

FF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12