Thread: SLI or something else?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    I do not think IEEs are clumsy clods or anything, but I do think EIIs have more natural grace. How about the your brother's IEE? Clumsy or not? Yes, IEEs are a bit random so sounds right.

So, I see you are leaning towards other types at the moment, but if you decide you are SLI (its still open with you, right?) then you can observe your Dual in her...

Remember your Dual is quite different from you, and at first, you often don't value each other's differences... Its easier to pass your Dual by than other types, they say. Odd, but true. Here is a good brief description http://www.socionics.com/rel/dlt.htm

"Easiest and quickest to start" relations are Activity.

And if you decide you are SLI, then it woudl be "Comparative" with your brother, basically good relationship except:

"In a family environment these relations are very heavy, as they can create a mistrust between partners and do not allow them to feel their own significance. "

and

"Once one partner becomes superior to the other, they may have serious disagreements and conflicts."

You're right it's still not settled.

Comparative is also a possibility and would make sense too. I have to think about it

In a old thread http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...j-and-SLI-ISTp I found a post from @Galen with VI pics.

http://gallery.socionix.com/composit...-ISTp.jpg.html
    http://gallery.socionix.com/composit...-ESTj.jpg.html

I look more LSE not?

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    No, Maritsa has not seen pictures of me. She probably mistook my typing of you for a typing of Eliza.

Yeah, not your dual.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    You're right it's still not settled.

Comparative is also a possibility and would make sense too. I have to think about it

In a old thread http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...j-and-SLI-ISTp I found a post from @Galen with VI pics.

I look more LSE not?
    In those pics you look most like the LSE-Te. But that could well be feature placement of the composite people used for the pics.

My SLI is SLI-Si and he does not resemble the SLI-Si pic, to me, at all.
    (BTW I am IEE-Ne so its a perfect line-up for us. God is good.)

I also feel like the SLI-Te picture using a half-closed eye is a sort of false way to show the more relaxed steady gaze of SLI...

But I do not consider myself an expert at VI. I get strong impressions from VI sometimes, there is something to it but I am not that schooled in it.

One question I have for anyone knowledgeable on this is which LSE woudl have MORE of the characteristic jerky-gait and tenser posture of LSE?
    Te or Si??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, not your dual.
    hehe i agree
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In those pics you look most like the LSE-Te. But that could well be feature placement of the composite people used for the pics.

My SLI is SLI-Si and he does not resemble the SLI-Si pic, to me, at all.
    (BTW I am IEE-Ne so its a perfect line-up for us. God is good.)

I also feel like the SLI-Te picture using a half-closed eye is a sort of false way to show the more relaxed steady gaze of SLI...

But I do not consider myself an expert at VI. I get strong impressions from VI sometimes, there is something to it but I am not that schooled in it.

One question I have for anyone knowledgeable on this is which LSE woudl have MORE of the characteristic jerky-gait and tenser posture of LSE?
    Te or Si??
    I don't think LSE have a exeptional jerky gait or do they?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think LSE have a exeptional jerky gait or do they?
    Well they don't look handicapped or anything. Those words I pulled from this description: http://www.socionics.com/prof/estj.htm The description just struck me as a difference between my two brothers (and I have a third brother very much like the LSE and not like the SLI, but I have not totally settled he is LSE, but I think so).

And I just like the juxtaposition of those two words because they briefly describe the difference I see, so I have sort of adopted them (from that linked page), especially after explaining to my broken hearted EII friend that she needed to have her eyes out for a guy in a tidy suit with a jerk gait because thats her Dual! (And she found one! But not because of what I said. And they are happy!).

The physical descriptions on that site are not my favorite as they seem cartoonish to me. But there is some truth.

Of SLI they say, "ISTps also have a characteristic springy gait with the knees slightly bent giving them a characteristic surreptitious walk. In many cases ISTps have athletic physical structures. " and my SLI brother always had an athletic look without having to work too hard at it. Of us four, he always was the first to plunge in fearlessly to any new thing we tried, ice skating, downhill skiing, water skiing, what have you and he always was the best, the fastest of us.

I would not say my SLI that I love or my SLI brother or SLI Dad have a "springy" gait - thats where that sites VI descriptions are a bit cartoonish. But in the same way a political cartoon does represent the IRL person, so this too does say something. So they are not really springy when they walk, but it is softer, less tense than my LSE brother's. Its more a smooth, and self-possessed walk.

Best i can describe it. That's what I see. But it really would be interesting to hear from others their observations about the posture and gait of LSEs. (and also vs. SLIs...)

My EII friend is dating very happily for both a LSE, and he has my brothers look about him, though her guy is a redhead and my brother not.

This written of ESTjs on the same site was very true of my LSE brother: "ESTjs usually stand out among other children as too grown-up for their age. They talk, think, act and make decisions already like adults. This makes ESTjs look older and more mature than other people from their age group."

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general people tend to think I am an inch or two inches taller than I actually am because of good posture.
    My grandmother who's an extreme example of the EJ temperament always liked my gait a lot. I didn't had the occasion to investigate her about that.

What you wrote about your brother LSE is very true of me. When we had guests at home I always participated in the discussions of the adults. My father even had to turn me down a bit that I didn't determine the subjects to much. I also had at the age of 10 my own budget(payed by my parents) and bought my clothes etc for myself.

I also think that especially Te and also other Xe's are bold IE's of me.

When I read type descriptions sometimes I relate more to the SLI description and sometimes more to the LSE description. In general therms I am neither clearly introverted nor clearly extroverted. But what I hear from others is that I have the tendency to be opinionated and that for some people it's hard to discuss with me.
    When there are different opinions about a fact I often suggest a bet for 20 bucks or so. A friend told me that I am risk affiniate that I do that. I responded him that I do it to end the discussion and that I make at least some money when people emberass me by not believing me

My clothing is adapted to my environment but I prefer to be overdressed instead of underdressed. People who wanted to criticize my clothing style would say it's boring.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 11-23-2013 at 04:28 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, epsecially for breaking it down how you came to your conclusion

What would be the second most likely type in your opinion, SLI?

I alwyas thought I am to lazy to be LSE but it's mostly study related. During leasure time I am always doing something and seldom sit on the couch watching tv often I also don't have the nerves to watch a movie.

When it comes to extroversion vs introversion in a general understanding I am pretty much in the middle (like most) so I only can decide by functions if I am a socionics introvert or extrovers.

'
    My 2 cents are that lazy people usually dont think they are lazy.
    It's the hardest working people that usually berate themselves for being lazy, ime.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then IEE is probably not your dual and you are probably LSE.
    Oh really??? LSEs dont like the IEE clumsiness???

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DaftPunk, if you are struggling between LSE and Te-SLI, those types can be so similar, there's no point to really teasing them apart. For intertypes, you'd get along best with any other deltas, and complement your weaknesses with either of the delta NFs.

I agree with those two types for you, fwiw. You do seems similar in your photos to one of my current bosses -- I am also having a hard time determining whether that boss is Te-SLI or LSE (leaning towards LSE), but it really doesn't matter that much i guess.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even a Fi-IEE ?
    The activity partner intertype is also a great relationship. and perhaps easier to find than dual relationships (because activity partners are much more noticeable than duals). I've had the opportunity to work with a bunch of LSE bosses over the years (men as well as women), and I invariably admire them to no end. They seem to like me too even though i am nowhere near as genius and poised as they usually are. It also takes some work for me to prove myself to them, but after that they seem to remember me well...

One weakness about delta STs i've come to realize though is that their judgement of character is not great. It takes a lot of exposure to someone and perhaps getting burned by a person of bad character or hearing bad things about what that person has done, before they will come to a realization that someone has a bad character. LSEs are worse at this than SLIs. Part of it could be that they use Te and Si to assess a person, and that leads to just a superficial, technical assessment that may or may not represent someone's heart and soul, which tends to be more obvious with fewer clues to someone more proficient in Fi.
    Last edited by Suz; 11-23-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

why did you ask after instinct stacking? I am still curious on your response.
    My initial guess was sp/so and I wanted to see how much that was in line with your own self-perception.

Don't you think that LIE, LII and even ILI could also be pretty direct and to the point?
    Perhaps the word "literal" would have been better than "direct". There is something about ST understanding that lends them to read and respond to exact content of the posts, without reading too much into it, vs the perception of NTs that comes up with things that aren't directly there (example).

I am just wondering if I am really Si-Base because when I look at my brother (Si-SEI 9w8) and see him with which ease and joy he dresses or how he cooks or how he's confident in his workouts I start to doubt.
    Valuing some IE only means that you receive this type of information. What you do with it, and how skillfully and confidently you apply it in your daily life depends on other personality factors.

Other things that would speak against Si-Base is that I am completely unable to establish a sleeping rythm and my clothing style is also more a one dimensional or two dimensional based mainly on experience. As child I always wore the clothes my mother prepared for me (also to not insult her) and my younger brother always choose his own clothes.
    I've remember Park mentioning having irregular sleeping schedule back in this post but almost everyone types him as SLI so I'm guessing it has little to do with Si. As to letting your mom pick your clothes, isn't that a guy thing in general?

Hope 7 pics are enough
    On pics I noticed that you look similar to Jean-Claude Van Damme, whom I recently typed as SLI-Te. It does look like you have strong Te, but this is true of both SLI-Te and LSE types, so you'll need to figure out how creative Te is different from leading Te (and same for Si).

I'll delete the pics later:

*poof* insightful_quotes_from_jean_claude_van_damme_640_16.jpg
    Last edited by silke; 07-11-2017 at 10:22 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with WA, those LSE and SLI are not impossible to tell apart. They are incredibly different.
    Last edited by wacey; 11-23-2013 at 07:28 PM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    I disagree with WA, those LSE and SLI are not impossible to tell apart. They are incredibly different.
    Well, enlighten me, i'd love to know the nuances.

I guess a point I was trying to make was also that it may be kind of pointless to tease out the differences, just because the intertypes wont be all that different....though now that i think of it, it may matter in situations of supervision, for example... LSE and SLI have different supervisors/ees

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk
    am just wondering if I am really Si-Base because when I look at my brother (Si-SEI 9w8) and see him with which ease and joy he dresses or how he cooks or how he's confident in his workouts I start to doubt.
    LOL the joy with which he dresses is just his Fe emoting...

What's difficult for you as far as dressing is concerned?

I envision all ST club members as being confident in physical workouts... of course I could be wrong in that conceptualization, but if you aren't confident in physical endeavors, could it be that you might be delta NF instead?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    My 2 cents are that lazy people usually dont think they are lazy.
    It's the hardest working people that usually berate themselves for being lazy, ime.
    Staying objective I can say that I am lazy compared to my fellow students. I am kind of two faced though at work I am not lazy

Oh really??? LSEs dont like the IEE clumsiness???

I didn't want to say that IEE are in general clumsy. Randomness and clumsiness is something I find interesting when I get to know someone but it starts to become annoying when I live for a longer period with someone.

@DaftPunk, if you are struggling between LSE and Te-SLI, those types can be so similar, there's no point to really teasing them apart. For intertypes, you'd get along best with any other deltas, and complement your weaknesses with either of the delta NFs.

I agree with those two types for you, fwiw. You do seems similar in your photos to one of my current bosses -- I am also having a hard time determining whether that boss is Te-SLI or LSE (leaning towards LSE), but it really doesn't matter that much i guess.
    I copy/pasted that from socionics.us

Criticism

In practice the diagnosis of subtypes draws attention away from the more central task of diagnosing type - even if it's not true for an experienced socionist, it can be true for beginners, who don't yet know how to correctly determine what kinds of information are important to the typing process. Subtypes can be used as a "cop-out" to avoid taking a stance on a person's type, or for explaining traits and behavior that contradict the basic type the socionist has diagnosed. In many cases it is possible that the basic type has been incorrectly diagnosed, and that the addition of a "subtype" simply masks the contradiction.
    Like Reinin dichotomies, subtypes are best used to retroactively explain/describe behavior of a person whose type is already known.

I see exactly that as problem when you rely on subtype. I could imagine being both LSE subtypes(leaning more towards Te though. But I'm sure that I am not Si-SLI. Would that speak for LSE?

The activity partner intertype is also a great relationship. and perhaps easier to find than dual relationships (because activity partners are much more noticeable than duals). I've had the opportunity to work with a bunch of LSE bosses over the years (men as well as women), and I invariably admire them to no end. They seem to like me too even though i am nowhere near as genius and poised as they usually are. It also takes some work for me to prove myself to them, but after that they seem to remember me well...

One weakness about delta STs i've come to realize though is that their judgement of character is not great. It takes a lot of exposure to someone and perhaps getting burned by a person of bad character or hearing bad things about what that person has done, before they will come to a realization that someone has a bad character. LSEs are worse at this than SLIs. Part of it could be that they use Te and Si to assess a person, and that leads to just a superficial, technical assessment that may or may not represent someone's heart and soul, which tends to be more obvious with fewer clues to someone more proficient in Fi.
    Well I think Delta ST have problems to read intentions of people or are bad at judging if someone is doing well or not. But I don't think they're exploitable

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL the joy with which he dresses is just his Fe emoting...

What's difficult for you as far as dressing is concerned?

I envision all ST club members as being confident in physical workouts... of course I could be wrong in that conceptualization, but if you aren't confident in physical endeavors, could it be that you might be delta NF instead?
    I don't have a problem with dressing I just wear standard clothes and some expensive leather shoes. It's just not something I like to think about. I prefer solid classy clothes most of the time they are of dark color or white/light blue for shirts.

I am very confident in physical workouts. From 13-23 sports were my main part in life.

Edit: At the moment I am doing three to four times sports a week for at least an hour

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks @silke, I was just going to ask if anyone had some good examples of LSE-Te!

It seems to me that subtype does not change a type so much that you cannot tell which they are.

One weakness about delta STs I've come to realize though is that their judgement of character is not great. It takes a lot of exposure to someone and perhaps getting burned by a person of bad character or hearing bad things about what that person has done, before they will come to a realization that someone has a bad character. LSEs are worse at this than SLIs. Part of it could be that they use Te and Si to assess a person, and that leads to just a superficial, technical assessment that may or may not represent someone's heart and soul, which tends to be more obvious with fewer clues to someone more proficient in Fi.
    I have also had good LSE bosses, BTW. As to judging character, I cannot say that I have seen this in my brother. However I have sure seen it in my SLI love! But he has me, now, and I help him.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... LSE and SLI have different supervisors/ees
    And different Conflictors... I always loved this of ISTP/ENFJ:

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    My initial guess was sp/so and I wanted to see how much that was in line with your own self-perception.
    To be honest I am undecided. I am sure of the sp but doubt between sx and so. A year ago I opened a Enneagram type me thread on PerC and came to the conclusion sp/so. But after you asked me I read about it again and thought sp/sx might also work so you could be right that I am sp/so

Perhaps the word "literal" would have been better than "direct". There is something about ST understanding that lends them to read and respond to exact content of the posts, without reading too much into it, vs the perception of NTs that comes up with things that aren't directly there (example).
    Good observation what you wrote fits me pretty well

Valuing some IE only means that you receive this type of information. What you do with it, and how skillfully and confidently you apply it in your daily life depends on other personality factors.
    Sounds reasonable. Could also explain why a Te-Base doesn't have to be a very hard worker

I've remember Park mentioning having irregular sleeping schedule back in this post but almost everyone types him as SLI so I'm guessing it has little to do with Si. As to letting your mom pick your clothes, isn't that a guy thing in general?
    Makes sense too. I'll put it from the list.

On pics I noticed that you look similar to Jean-Claude Van Damme, whom I recently typed as SLI-Te. It does look like you have strong Te, but this is true of both SLI-Te and LSE types, so you'll need to figure out how creative Te is different from leading Te (and same for Si).
    I already read a lot about the difference between creative and base but that will be the key to figure it out. But I don't find any sources I haven't read yet.
    ATM I have the feeling that I cant tune down Te and that it's always on while Si is more situational. I also think that Te is my boldest IE.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    What do you think are their biggest differences?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And different Conflictors... I always loved this of ISTP/ENFJ:
    LOL i really dislike the ENFJ. But thats MBTI content right?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL i really dislike the ENFJ. But thats MBTI content right?
    Yea, I just love it especially because I can imagine my SLI saying some of these same things. He keeps bringing the conversation back to basic reality, which he has a good grip on, and she keeps returning it to dream world, and manifesting that dream.

Yes its MBTI and yes they don't mix so well much of the time. I look at both types more holistically.

That ENFJ is also much like the two I know well. Very curious - what is most unlikable to you about the ENFJ?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

INTp

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    INTp

cute of you that you think we're semi duals

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't say much except I do think that you are very strongly aristocratic (i.e. Si blocked with Te). ISTP does actually fit your VI very much--I have seen a a few ISTPs who look like you.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very curious - what is most unlikable to you about the ENFJ?
    -the way she speaks

-that she's so sure about the future and combines it with being opinionated

-the words like love nest lol

-while it's her right to decide how she wants to live she is very opinionated in her comparisons how others should live. She terrorizes people by implications

But I think the video is also made with ENFJ bias

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Can't say much except I do think that you are very strongly aristocratic (i.e. Si blocked with Te). ISTP does actually fit your VI very much--I have seen a a few ISTPs who look like you.
    very strongly aristocratic by VI or general impression?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-the way she speaks

-that she's so sure about the future and combines it with being opinionated

-the words like love nest lol

-while it's her right to decide how she wants to live she is very opinionated in her comparisons how others should live. She terrorizes people by implications
    LOL. Thanks.

It particularly amuses me because I assume my SLI has same opinion. He has always assured me he is "not romantic". quite emphatically, as if he is terrified of that word. I guess I always considered myself romantic, yet, I never feel he lacks in any way as far a loving me but, yeah, he is not "romantic". It just doesn't matter to me with him. Any gesture he makes towards me is enough and good in itself, I have never wanted any "other" kind of gesture than what he offers.

"Love nest". LOL. I have actually never used those words, but I am going to see my SLI next week (finally!) and I am going to use the words "love nest" with him and see his reaction. We are prepping his house to sell, I think i will say, "But Honey! This doesn't look like our love nest! We have to make it look like our love nest so people will buy it. Tell me how we should do it!"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In general people tend to think I am an inch or two inches taller than I actually am because of good posture.
    My grandmother who's an extreme example of the EJ temperament always liked my gait a lot. I didn't had the occasion to investigate her about that.

What you wrote about your brother LSE is very true of me. When we had guests at home I always participated in the discussions of the adults. My father even had to turn me down a bit that I didn't determine the subjects to much. I also had at the age of 10 my own budget(payed by my parents) and bought my clothes etc for myself.

I also think that especially Te and also other Xe's are bold IE's of me.

When I read type descriptions sometimes I relate more to the SLI description and sometimes more to the LSE description. In general therms I am neither clearly introverted nor clearly extroverted. But what I hear from others is that I have the tendency to be opinionated and that for some people it's hard to discuss with me.
    When there are different opinions about a fact I often suggest a bet for 20 bucks or so. A friend told me that I am risk affiniate that I do that. I responded him that I do it to end the discussion and that I make at least some money when people emberass me by not believing me

My clothing is adapted to my environment but I prefer to be overdressed instead of underdressed. People who wanted to criticize my clothing style would say it's boring.
    also a very clear way of telling between an LSE and SLI is this:

1. What do you think of unions?

2. When speaking about topics, what an introvert SLI tends to do is to draw themselves to the center of the event (any) and base the events from the point of view of themselves rather than what the extravert LSE tends to do is which is to describe what's happening.

When I ask and LSE to answer #1, they will say "well, unions can be a good thing for these reasons." Notice there's no "I think" or "I feel" or "I love" when it comes to things of objective nature. This doesn't mean LSE don't say "I love this..." which they do quite frequently. When the same questions are asked of an SLI what tends to happen is that so much subjectivity is emphasized that the objective reasons are lost. What may happen with a response from an SLI is "it doesn't matter to me so why should I worry about it." Well that wasn't the question that was asked was it...on and on.

Let's take what you wrote and analyze it:

You said "In general people tend to think I am an inch or two inches taller than I actually am because of good posture."

I would take this as an objective analysis because it's not saying "I'm good looking, tall, and momma fed me right." (that is SLI ). You said "people tend to think"...this tells me that you probably either assume what they think (an activity) or that is what they are telling you and from that you've reached a conclusion about what's going on with you.

To determine which one you do...because you can seem like either LSE or SLI, you must try to figure out what your typical tendency is...watching someone who has been typed in SLI you may begin to compare your tendencies to that of their own. Do you know any family members who are that type?

Also, SLI are "craftsmen" and LSE are "directors." Being directors they can see how things should be arranged (people and such) to give assignments and get them moving towards a goal and objective while the craftsman takes up a task and does it by himself.

I find that LSE being extraverts love to take up group assignments like "art groups" they like meeting with other people to paint or draw.

LSE are very sensitive to people listening to them. SLI can talk and not even care if you're listening.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-24-2013 at 04:31 AM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    also a very clear way of telling between an LSE and SLI is this:

1. What do you think of unions?

2. When speaking about topics, what an introvert SLI tends to do is to draw themselves to the center of the event (any) and base the events from the point of view of themselves rather than what the extravert LSE tends to do is which is to describe what's happening.

When I ask and LSE to answer #1, they will say "well, unions can be a good thing for these reasons." Notice there's no "I think" or "I feel" or "I love" when it comes to things of objective nature. This doesn't mean LSE don't say "I love this..." which they do quite frequently. When the same questions are asked of an SLI what tends to happen is that so much subjectivity is emphasized that the objective reasons are lost. What may happen with a response from an SLI is "it doesn't matter to me so why should I worry about it." Well that wasn't the question that was asked was it...on and on.

Let's take what you wrote and analyze it:

You said "In general people tend to think I am an inch or two inches taller than I actually am because of good posture."

I would take this as an objective analysis because it's not saying "I'm good looking, tall, and momma fed me right." (that is SLI ). You said "people tend to think"...this tells me that you probably either assume what they think (an activity) or that is what they are telling you and from that you've reached a conclusion about what's going on with you.

To determine which one you do...because you can seem like either LSE or SLI, you must try to figure out what your typical tendency is...watching someone who has been typed in SLI you may begin to compare your tendencies to that of their own. Do you know any family members who are that type?
    I'll answer the union question firs assuming that you ment labour unionst:

I think that unions are very important they are the counterpart to almighty companies and give the individual worker a voice. Further the union as powerful counterpart are the only ones who have the money to hire top tier lawyers to make general contract and support an individual in lawsuits (last part might not be true for the US but in continental Europe it's forbidden for lawyers to have a profitsharing on the compensations further there is a enrichment forbade in liability law so the sum of the satisfaction who's paid is way lower than in the US).

That would be a typical statement of me. I also skimmed through some posts of me and moste often I start a phrase with I think and continue it with my analysis

Do you think that fits SLI more than LSE?

It could be that my mother is SLI or one or two of my five flatmates. But I am very bad in typing people IRL so I don't want to make a comparison

Also, SLI are "craftsmen" and LSE are "directors." Being directors they can see how things should be arranged (people and such) to give assignments and get them moving towards a goal and objective while the craftsman takes up a task and does it by himself.

I find that LSE being extraverts love to take up group assignments like "art groups" they like meeting with other people to paint or draw.
    I have nothing aganst group work because it makes sure that nothing is left. I have the tendency to arrange things for example make a cleaning plan but more because I see it as necessery and noone did it before.

LSE are very sensitive to people listening to them. SLI can talk and not even care if you're listening.
    I dislike it a lot when people aren't listening to me but have myself the tendency to not listen so well depending on the subject. But isn't that true of most people that they dislike it when people aren't listening to them?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way would an SLI talk as much as the SLI Construction Worker in the cartoon. Or push himself into an argument for no reason. I think he'd say, "Whatever, just give me the dimensions" and that's it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    No way would an SLI talk as much as the SLI Construction Worker in the cartoon. Or push himself into an argument for no reason. I think he'd say, "Whatever, just give me the dimensions" and that's it.
    I am rather talkative when the discussion is about a certain subject. And I could be SLI

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my husband is when it's about something he's really into with people he's comfortable with. But not with EIEs about their love lives.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Yeah my husband is when it's about something he's really into with people he's comfortable with. But not with EIEs about their love lives.
    true

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll answer the union question firs assuming that you ment labour unionst:

I think that unions are very important they are the counterpart to almighty companies and give the individual worker a voice. Further the union as powerful counterpart are the only ones who have the money to hire top tier lawyers to make general contract and support an individual in lawsuits (last part might not be true for the US but in continental Europe it's forbidden for lawyers to have a profitsharing on the compensations further there is a enrichment forbade in liability law so the sum of the satisfaction who's paid is way lower than in the US).

That would be a typical statement of me. I also skimmed through some posts of me and moste often I start a phrase with I think and continue it with my analysis

Do you think that fits SLI more than LSE?

It could be that my mother is SLI or one or two of my five flatmates. But I am very bad in typing people IRL so I don't want to make a comparison

I have nothing aganst group work because it makes sure that nothing is left. I have the tendency to arrange things for example make a cleaning plan but more because I see it as necessery and noone did it before.

I dislike it a lot when people aren't listening to me but have myself the tendency to not listen so well depending on the subject. But isn't that true of most people that they dislike it when people aren't listening to them?
    yes, but it does seem like you're an introvert.
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Holy shit, just make a proper decision. All of you.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I made one -> SLI

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decisive types GTFO.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Narc you typed me quiet confidentally LSE and I have some questions.

Is your typing mainly based on VI or also other fators?

After reading several times cognitive styles from Gulenko http://forum.socionix.com/topic/3855...nitive-styles/
    I lean to process over result, negativist over positivist and dynamic over static what would speak for LSE because I think I am neither SEI nor EIE nor ILI.
    According to you we are both Te-Base and I'd like to ask you how it manifests in you that you're a result type?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Narc you typed me quiet confidentally LSE and I have some questions.

Is your typing mainly based on VI or also other fators?

After reading several times cognitive styles from Gulenko http://forum.socionix.com/topic/3855...nitive-styles/
    I lean to process over result, negativist over positivist and dynamic over static what would speak for LSE because I think I am neither SEI nor EIE nor ILI.
    According to you we are both Te-Base and I'd like to ask you how it manifests in you that you're a result type?
    Te base was in part from VI and part from the way that I think you're spot on with the whole delta ST thing.

Result manifests in me in the sense that I look at a problem/obstacle/goal, etc. and come up with some sort of solution quickly on the spot. The aim is always primarily to come to a solution. I talked about it in a thread a while ago. You could argue that it's down to IEs or different Reinin dichotomies, but what you're going to see in each example is me being presented with a problem and solving it using some way that's probably considered bizarre. Considering that SLIs have a similar set of dichotomies to LIE (at least the ones that resonate with me most strongly, namely dynamic, positivist, result, carefree, strategic, etc. The ones they have in common with LIE, basically), they probably have a similar approach to problem solving that might involve gadget tinkering and so on. If this sounds foreign to you, it might be an indication that you are LSE > SLI.

For what it's worth, I think you could also cross LIE off, as I'm not really catching any Se from you, our interactions basically just involve Te stacking up against Te. As far as that goes, I think you can also cross off the remaining types in the Dynamic+Process+Negativist tree of SEI, EIE, ILI and LSE, as two of them don't value Te, and you don't come across as Ni/Se to me at all.

Also, on the whole positivist/negativist split, I generally say yes to helping someone out, and only later if I can't help, do I regretfully back out. An example of that is when a friend's band asked me to play bass for them live, but I didn't have a bass that would accommodate their tuning (it was too low, which meant that the tension in the strings was tiny, which would mean they would flop around and sound terrible if I attempted to tune my bass down for them), they didn't have a bass on hand that would accommodate the tuning, and my bass amp had blown at the time and was still getting fixed, so I would have no real way to practice properly, meaning I would probably play like shit and make their band sound bad. As a result of that, I ended up backing out. The guy that asked me is still a bit funny about it now, and in hindsight, I should have just said no, but what can you do? My intentions were good.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te base was in part from VI and part from the way that I think you're spot on with the whole delta ST thing.

Result manifests in me in the sense that I look at a problem/obstacle/goal, etc. and come up with some sort of solution quickly on the spot. The aim is always primarily to come to a solution. I talked about it in a thread a while ago. You could argue that it's down to IEs or different Reinin dichotomies, but what you're going to see in each example is me being presented with a problem and solving it using some way that's probably considered bizarre. Considering that SLIs have a similar set of dichotomies to LIE (at least the ones that resonate with me most strongly, namely dynamic, positivist, result, carefree, strategic, etc. The ones they have in common with LIE, basically), they probably have a similar approach to problem solving that might involve gadget tinkering and so on. If this sounds foreign to you, it might be an indication that you are LSE > SLI.
    I am really focused on process and using very standard things to get results like resuming a book. Every sheet is built up on the same system lol . Also my type searching and how I handle socionics resembles more a process type

For what it's worth, I think you could also cross LIE off, as I'm not really catching any Se from you, our interactions basically just involve Te stacking up against Te. As far as that goes, I think you can also cross off the remaining types in the Dynamic+Process+Negativist tree of SEI, EIE, ILI and LSE, as two of them don't value Te, and you don't come across as Ni/Se to me at all.
    I never thought that I am a Ne-Ego I very seldom imagine stuff in a 3d kind of way and everything that's related with Ni I am not good at.

Also, on the whole positivist/negativist split, I generally say yes to helping someone out, and only later if I can't help, do I regretfully back out. An example of that is when a friend's band asked me to play bass for them live, but I didn't have a bass that would accommodate their tuning (it was too low, which meant that the tension in the strings was tiny, which would mean they would flop around and sound terrible if I attempted to tune my bass down for them), they didn't have a bass on hand that would accommodate the tuning, and my bass amp had blown at the time and was still getting fixed, so I would have no real way to practice properly, meaning I would probably play like shit and make their band sound bad. As a result of that, I ended up backing out. The guy that asked me is still a bit funny about it now, and in hindsight, I should have just said no, but what can you do? My intentions were good.
    I also say mostly yes to help requests even though at first I often say no. The negativist/positivist part of the link I posted in my previous post is really good I think.
    EJ temparement fits in the end too. I am dynamic and see how stuff changes but It also sceares me somehow so I a more proactiv and just don't go with the flow.
    A story like yours can happen to everyone me for example said yes to helping at my oncles birthday but in the end I had a problem dog with me and his birthday was directly after my exams so I ended up doing nothing

Its settled then -> LSE-Te

In general Si-ESTj are more sociable than Te-ESTj because they have a stronger focus on their main contact IE, right?

I never trusted VI to much but you look similar to the Te-ENTj http://gallery.socionix.com/composites/gamma/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast