0 Thread(s)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    So your mission for today, deltans:

Go outside
    Find or do something interesting
    report back

go!
    I stayed in yesterday and played Ninja Gaiden.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday night I went out with a friend, we went to a club. We managed to meet two very nice girls. I got the phone number of one of them but she lives somewhat far.

Saturday night I went to drink alone and called two friends, the one who had gone out with me on friday was already leaving for a party at another club and gave me the directions. I went there but did not encounter him so I started to start talking to strangers. Then I talked to a girl who was sitting besides me and she was really nice and we started a conversation then her friends came, another girl and a gay guy. We went to the dancefloor and had some fun but I was a bit disturbed by the sound which was being played. I ended up drinking a cup of beer that they gay guy didn´t want to drink and was worriedd afterwards that I could get HIV from drinking a drink he had sipped, but that should be very hard. But sometimes my gengives bleed so I got upset about that. I´m becoming hypocondriac.

yesterday *monday* stayed home studying for my exam tomorrow. it´s going to be hard. it´s raining like hell here.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he even have HIV? Not all gay men have HIV.

Also, HIV is a weak virus. I can't imagine it would survive the alcohol content of the beer for even a second.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Does he even have HIV? Not all gay men have HIV.

Also, HIV is a weak virus. I can't imagine it would survive the alcohol content of the beer for even a second.
    I didn´t know whether he had HIV or not but here where I live usually gays have much more incidence of HIV infections for lots of factors.

But this was my exact thought. The beer glass he had taken a sip was standing for more than a minute when I got it and drank it. I doubt the HIV virus would be strong enough to survive in beer for more than a few seconds if that much.

thank you for your kindness

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband has a friend who is gay and who has HIV. My husband had no problem handling his friend being gay. But he had a harder time when the friend came down with HIV. "We have kids. I can't take the chance of bringing that home to you and the kids." But I had him read up on HIV. It really takes pretty intimate contact to get it, or else you'd have to be dealing with blood or vomit or something. But really you should assume any blood or vomit is infected with HIV, because I promise you if HIV is common among gay men where you live, it's out there with other people too. And you don't know who all is gay or bisexual, or what women have had bisexual partners, etc., anyway.

Which leads me to a tangent. My husband didn't know his friend was gay, and he'd invite his friend to out with us, and he'd tell him he could bring a date. And he would never bring a date. And my husband said, "Why doesn't he ever bring a date. He's good looking and makes a ton of money. He must have women crawling all over him." And I said, "Maybe he doesn't date women." And so the next time my husband said he could bring a date "and if the date isn't a girl, that's OK too." And so he told my husband he was gay and brought a guy. Which is the story of my husband's gay friend.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    I didn´t know whether he had HIV or not but here where I live usually gays have much more incidence of HIV infections for lots of factors.

But this was my exact thought. The beer glass he had taken a sip was standing for more than a minute when I got it and drank it. I doubt the HIV virus would be strong enough to survive in beer for more than a few seconds if that much.

thank you for your kindness
    The HIV virus does not survive when exposed to air and only passes in secretion to secretion setting (most commonly in anal sex).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband has a friend who is gay and who has HIV. My husband had no problem handling his friend being gay. But he had a harder time when the friend came down with HIV. "We have kids. I can't take the chance of bringing that home to you and the kids." But I had him read up on HIV. It really takes pretty intimate contact to get it, or else you'd have to be dealing with blood or vomit or something. But really you should assume any blood or vomit is infected with HIV, because I promise you if HIV is common among gay men where you live, it's out there with other people too. And you don't know who all is gay or bisexual, or what women have had bisexual partners, etc., anyway.

Which leads me to a tangent. My husband didn't know his friend was gay, and he'd invite his friend to out with us, and he'd tell him he could bring a date. And he would never bring a date. And my husband said, "Why doesn't he ever bring a date. He's good looking and makes a ton of money. He must have women crawling all over him." And I said, "Maybe he doesn't date women." And so the next time my husband said he could bring a date "and if the date isn't a girl, that's OK too." And so he told my husband he was gay and brought a guy. Which is the story of my husband's gay friend.
    wow, I imagine you were both somewhat shocked or at least surprised that the guy did bring his gay date along. anyway many gay people have hiv and this is because of anal sex and also a bit of exaggeration on anal sex. this is why they get more this virus than heterosexual men.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    The HIV virus does not survive when exposed to air and only passes in secretion to secretion setting (most commonly in anal sex).
    yes, but my question is: would it survive in beer?

there is hiv in saliva (already proven) of people infected.

if they sip a glass of something, they may leave a little saliva in the drink.

would the hiv in the saliva be able to survive in beer then?

if I ever get this stuff, I´d just live very intensely for some time and when I start to get sick I´d shoot myself in the head or something equivalent. craving to life to suffer is useless and stupid. long live the buddha´s teachings. (although he´d never advise suicide).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes, but my question is: would it survive in beer?
    LOL...NO!! HAHAHA

there is hiv in saliva (already proven) of people infected.
    That's a rediculous claim

if they sip a glass of something, they may leave a little saliva in the drink.

would the hiv in the saliva be able to survive in beer then?
    LOL the logic here is hillarious.

if I ever get this stuff, I´d just live very intensely for some time and when I start to get sick I´d shoot myself in the head or something equivalent. craving to life to suffer is useless and stupid. long live the buddha´s teachings. (although he´d never advise suicide).
    LOL just find someone else who is in the same boat and try to enjoy life together. That's just a suggestion
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-SLI duality in action. It's as if your husband said: "NeFi?" and then you said "NeFi," and then he said "Oh! NeFi! I get it now." And everything was better. I mean, also common sense to a degree, but seems very NeFi to me.

@airborne, to the best of my knowledge, there is a very slight concentration of the HIV virus in saliva to begin with, and between that and the alcohol in the beer, I *highly* doubt you'd get HIV from drinking after someone with HIV.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you making fun of me Maritsa?

the following:

Occasionally I'm asked about whether HIV is present in an HIV-positive person's saliva, and whether it carries a risk of transmission.

The short answer is that saliva virtually never carries any infectious HIV at all.

It does carry detectable "components" of HIV (such as viral RNA and proviral DNA), but these are not infectious on their own. The environment that saliva provides is far too harsh for infectious particles to remain intact and viable.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

are you making fun of me Maritsa?

the following:

Occasionally I'm asked about whether HIV is present in an HIV-positive person's saliva, and whether it carries a risk of transmission.

The short answer is that saliva virtually never carries any infectious HIV at all.

It does carry detectable "components" of HIV (such as viral RNA and proviral DNA), but these are not infectious on their own. The environment that saliva provides is far too harsh for infectious particles to remain intact and viable.

No, I am laughing because I thought you would know that saliva is too harsh of an environment for HIV to survive in.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the reply Silverchris9 .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I am laughing because I thought you would know that saliva is too harsh of an environment for HIV to survive in.
    Maritsa, I´m a hypocondriac. I think it has to do with being an ESTj.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here it is Maritsa:

Normalizing subtype:
    (Valentine Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov) The logical subtype is efficient, correct, dry in dialogue, has a strict appearance and is unapproachable. They’re serious and restrained, not inclined to jokes. Usually laconic, but when angry, are difficult to calm down. Are direct in their behaviour and conversation, their sharpness in judgment often leads to ethical dilemmas. Prone also to other extreme measures of emotional expression: i.e. they will keep silent in order to avoid dialogue and compile insults for use at a later time. Uncompromising and stubborn. Sometimes try to gain the interlocutor’s intimacy through heart-felt intonations in voice, Often a mistrustful hypochondriac; they do not enjoy speaking of feelings. Prefer to remain engaged in something useful until it is completed. Are constantly strained(intense) and it is difficult for them to relax; are subject to unexpected fits of anger.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something about page 25 in this thread that makes me uncomfortable... I don't know if it's Airborne's crude take on HIV or Maritsa giving medical advice.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your comforting words Maritsa.

but today my throat is little hurt, I wonder if I got already infected.

I´m going to do that fastest PCR exam on friday.

I don´t believe that it is impossible to get hiv from saliva although it is very rare, there are reports.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You did not get HIV from the beer.

And you can get HIV in ways other than by being the receiving partner in anal sex. You can get it through other sexual contact as well. But it does take a high level of intimacy.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    There's something about page 25 in this thread that makes me uncomfortable... I don't know if it's Airborne's crude take on HIV or Maritsa giving medical advice.
    what´s the matter Lobo? HIV and death are part of life. In fact death is the only totally sure thing for everyone in life. Everyone´s life will end with death. People try to forget this very often because they get scared. But it is not necessary to get scared about death if you prepare yourself psychologically for this - after all it´s a fact which you will have to deal with like it or not, so better prepare psychologically asap.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

thank you for your comforting words Maritsa.

but today my throat is little hurt, I wonder if I got already infected.

I´m going to do that fastest PCR exam on friday.

I don´t believe that it is impossible to get hiv from saliva although it is very rare, there are reports.

You would get a very serious fever if you did get infected; a soar throat doesn't count.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband's friend started getting lesions and was sick all the time, like really sick, not just a sore throat.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what´s the matter Lobo? HIV and death are part of life. In fact death is the only totally sure thing for everyone in life. Everyone´s life will end with death. People try to forget this very often because they get scared. But it is not necessary to get scared about death if you prepare yourself psychologically for this - after all it´s a fact which you will have to deal with like it or not, so better prepare psychologically asap.
    What I said has nothing to do with fear of death... It's on how you relate gays to HIV and something else that I don't know how to explain atm. There's something crude about it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would get a very serious fever if you did get infected; a soar throat doesn't count.
    Yes, but these clinical manifestations may take up to 3 weeks to show when someone is infected, then they last for 1-2 weeks and subside.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you can get HIV in ways other than by being the receiving partner in anal sex. You can get it through other sexual contact as well. But it does take a high level of intimacy.
    And by contact with blood, and blood transfusions, and mothers infected with HIV can pass it on to their children (that's definitely the saddest one), and I suppose vomit too, now that you mention it.

I mean, you technically could get HIV from something other than these things listed (I think), but it would be super super super rare.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband's friend started getting lesions and was sick all the time, like really sick, not just a sore throat.
    this most probably happened 2-4 weeks after the infection.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

this most probably happened 2-4 weeks after the infection.
    Calm down. Your concern does not have much ground now, because the likelihood of you being infected by that kind of contact just doesn't exist, so that is a very big plus to consider right now. So you should keep an open and optimistic frame of mind that there is nothing to worry about and everything will be ok.
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a lot , Maritsa

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah...

Creepy-male

Between the pseudo-gaybashing in this thread, the repeated expression of wanting to sex the girl in my avatar, and the psychoanalysis...

...I think a certain picture is starting to form...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Between the pseudo-gaybashing in this thread, the repeated expression of wanting to sex the girl in my avatar, and the psychoanalysis...

Wow, 10,000 points. Very insightful.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read pg25 and wish I didn't, now it can't be un-read
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post

yes Brian, i want to nail you, in the middle of this little forest you´re posing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

without a condom, and I want to check your oral and anal fixations too based on freud´s theory.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe because you look like Osho on your avatar, Brian:

Creepy-male

in the middle of this little forest you´re posing.
    Restate in direct English? Metaphors confuse me.

and I want to check your oral and anal fixations too based on freud´s theory.
    Oh? I really enjoy having my unconscious plumbed, I find it really fascinating.

Unless you were just using innuendo

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you haven't wanted to slap him accross his face for treating you that way and talking to you like that is what I find fascinating.
    I do believe he is already in the process of doing that.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not quite about that, but, oh well.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that you haven't wanted to slap him accross his face for treating you that way and talking to you like that is what I find fascinating.
    Are you, his dual, supposed to be giving him some moral advice here?