Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Here, again, is a way you get into trouble. There is no such thing as "no" when it comes to people. People are complicated, and there are always exceptions. And, again, in typing you focus on tiny little details like this instead of focusing on who someone is overall.
    INFj's make up less then 1 percent of the total human population, I am proof of one and so are my three latest friends, and we can tell you that we don't use profanity except in one place...really.

This is part of a moral system, an idealistic structure of value of relationships and people above words that hurt or harm...why can't people understand this?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    INFj's make up less then 1 percent of the total human population,.
    Why do you assume that?

I am proof of one.
    LOL, no you aren't.

and so are my three latest friends,.
    Based on the typings I've seen from you, I feel no confidence in this.

and we can tell you that we don't use profanity except in one place...really.
    Even if you were right about these typings, you cant' extrapolate from a few people an assumption about minor details of every other person of that type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj's make up less then 1 percent of the total human population, I am proof of one and so are my three latest friends, and we can tell you that we don't use profanity except in one place...really
    The bedroom or the divorce court?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Maritsa33;626012]
    Why do you assume that?

Simple mathematics and genetics...N is a rare genetic tendency...everyone knows that...here's another proof here:

"(Approximately 1% of American population)"

If there were more of us, I am sure the world would be a kinder place.
    Huh? Why do you assume "N is a rare genetic tendency" and no, everyone does not "know" that (the word you're looking for is "believe" btw), and where does this other thing come from?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about the location that you would use profanity..

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everywhere. Do the math in biology and genetics, if a rare gene is recessive then it can not exceed more then 25% of occurance; for two S types, who get married, to have an N type baby, someone in either side of their ancestry must be N.

Mendelian inheritance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Biology Project
    There are a whole slew of assumptions behind this. That type is genetic, that it's genetic in that way (S vs N, one gene each, S being dominant, etc.), that it's entirely genetic with no other influences.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everywhere. Do the math in biology and genetics, if a rare gene is recessive then it can not exceed more then 25% of occurance; for two S types, who get married, to have an N type baby, someone in either side of their ancestry must be N.

Mendelian inheritance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Biology Project

S is the dominent gene.
    That's operating under a number of unprovable assumptions. Namely, that N and S are largely or completely determined by genetics, that they are controlled at a single gene location, and there is an equal distribution of each gene in the world's population. (although, as you correctly concluded would be true IF your assumptions were valid, the two would not have equal expression)

Furthermore, even if all of your assumptions were true, it would be fallacious to state "for two S types, who get married, to have an N type baby, someone in either side of their ancestry must be N." Put simply, such a statement would imply that the first N-type person had an N-type ancestor, but that contradicts the given that such a person was the first N, and therefore cannot be true.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really havn't been dualize have you?
    BR
    My eyes are going to roll out of my head.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new page: don't forget to tell us what your MBTI Type is.

I'm trying to figure out if MBTI would actually say I'm ENTJ as opposed to ESTJ.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Provided that humans started off with a set handfull of people this would all be very likely.
    The two do not have equal expression.
    I have to admit, honestly, I have never seen two S types have and N baby.
    My ESE/SEI grandparents have 8 kids, about half of whom seem to be Ns.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ESE/SEI grandparents have 8 kids, about half of whom seem to be Ns.
    VI only, remember N's have a vision deal.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    new page: don't forget to tell us what your MBTI Type is.

I'm trying to figure out if MBTI would actually say I'm ENTJ as opposed to ESTJ.
    You're ESTj
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, yeah.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need to get over this VI thing and look at people's personalities a bit when trying to figure out their personality type.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're ESTj
    That's correct.
    I'm curious as to how MBTI works and what it would call me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she meant deal as in bargain at the N Store.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Provided that humans started off with a set handfull of people this would all be very likely.
    The two do not have equal expression.
    I have to admit, honestly, I have never seen two S types have and N baby.

But then, given my parents pairing, for me to have been an INFj is almost unlikely so how does it all work; by quadra?

My mom is INTp
    My mom's mom is ISFp
    My dad's dad is INFp
    My dad is ISTp
    My D Grandma is ESTj
    My D Grandpa is ISTp

The likely hood of me turning out INFj is highly unlikely in their case, unless I was adopted, but my mom says no to that, so who knows.
    Did you actually ask your mom if you were adopted because it didn't seem like the types worked out? Like you would assume you were adopted and lied to about that before you'd consider your typings were wrong and/or that your system is flawed?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You need to get over this VI thing and look at people's personalities a bit when trying to figure out their personality type.
    The problem with your method of determining types is you can't determine type that way, because there are specific things with each type that people miss if they don't know what to ask or to look for; that's been the very same case here with typing people based on a paragraph of question and answer. Right?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Did you actually ask your mom if you were adopted because it didn't seem like the types worked out? Like you would assume you were adopted and lied to about that before you'd consider your typings were wrong and/or that your system is flawed?
    Of course I asked; but it seems that quadra type effects personality type outcome too, there's just so much to study, I think it would be best to wait and see if the human genome can target the specific gene sequence that ties morphology with personality type/traits.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with your method of determining types is you can't determine type that way, because there are specific things with each type that people miss if they don't know what to ask or to look for; that's been the very same case here with typing people based on a paragraph of question and answer. Right?
    IMO the biggest fault in Socionics is how difficult it is to determine someone's type. But the fact that it is difficult to do it one way, and easy another, doens't make the easy way more accurate, or accurate at all. Those two issues are not related to each other.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course I asked; but it seems that quadra type effects personality type outcome too, there's just so much to study, I think it would be best to wait and see if the human genome can target the specific gene sequence that ties morphology with personality type/traits.
    So the possibility you having people typed wrong and/or your system being flawed are not even on your radar?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So the possibility you having people typed wrong and/or your system being flawed are not even on your radar?
    Nope, VI is very accurate.
    Join me in this thread as an example...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...d-stepmom.html
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You have no interest in such a thing anyway, but trust those who say they are your dual, when they are not.
    -

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, for the love of God (assuming you believe in a deity), have a bit of an open mind for what people are telling you... The problem is not so much your conviction, it's that you don't offer any reasoning behind your beliefs that can guide other people into what you believe in. You show a John the Baptist complex, coming here and just preaching as if it's your God-given right, and you don't care about guiding people whatsoever to try and understand you.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, you guys can stop this now...Mindy, come over, I'll make you brownies (tripple chocolate brownies).
    No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Well, from my pov you did nothing wrong Minde... and it wasn't theatrical. I hope Maritsa doesn't take what you said and assume that she's in the right, which she is probably assuming at the moment. It might only feed her delusions of grandeur and her unfounded accusations, like saying that we are liars because to her we are not INFj. She is the one acting crazy, not you.
    Thank you for the moral support.

You are right that my apology doesn't mean I think she's right. In fact, I stand by the substance of what I said, and consider her not only wrong on multiple counts and in multiple ways, I also consider her an unkind, manipulative, and (at least intellectually) dishonest person. However, none of that changes that how I behaved was beneath my standards, and I wanted to keep my apology clean and without qualifiers. Because regardless of how she (or other people) behave, I still need to be good myself. I guess it's a personal integrity thing.

As for what she thinks - she's shown a remarkable ability to filter incoming information to fit her own predetermined opinions. Basically, she only hears what she wants to hear. So *shrug*, based on my own interactions with her as well as observing her interactions with others, I don't think anything that I do or don't say will actually change much with regard to how or what she thinks.

Question for deltas

What is your MBTI type?
    INFJ - high in I and N, low in F and J, as per a test I took a week or so ago at a friend's behest.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    No, thanks.

Thank you for the moral support.

You are right that my apology doesn't mean I think she's right. In fact, I stand by the substance of what I said, and consider her not only wrong on multiple counts and in multiple ways, I also consider her an unkind, manipulative, and (at least intellectually) dishonest person. However, none of that changes that how I behaved was beneath my standards, and I wanted to keep my apology clean and without qualifiers. Because regardless of how she (or other people) behave, I still need to be good myself. I guess it's a personal integrity thing.

As for what she thinks - she's shown a remarkable ability to filter incoming information to fit her own predetermined opinions. Basically, she only hears what she wants to hear. So *shrug*, based on my own interactions with her as well as observing her interactions with others, I don't think anything that I do or don't say will actually change much with regard to how or what she thinks.

INFJ - high in I and N, low in F and J, as per a test I took a week or so ago at a friend's behest.
    OH, I think you're going to see my ugly side come out now. YOU ARE NOT INFJ AND CAN'T BE SO GET OVER YOUR SELF.

We, INFj's never, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, claim each other to be dishonest; you word twisting, lying, scound.

You can use emotional manipulation however so you would like it sister, but you will only hurt yourself in the process. You can type yourself as a manipulative person.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is ENFP. Husband's is ISTP, although the P and J were pretty close.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OH, I think you're going to see my ugly side come out now. YOU ARE NOT INFJ AND CAN'T BE SO GET OVER YOUR SELF.
    lmao!!! Please...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We, INFj's never, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, claim each other to be dishonest; you word twisting, lying, scound.
    ROFL! This is classic! First, we should all put your first sentence in our signatures so you can read it every day, only directed at yourself. And the second sentence, where you say INFjs never call anyone dishonest, and then immediately call her dishonest, is just comedic gold. Thanks.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL! This is classic! First, we should all put your first sentence in our signatures so you can read it every day, only directed at yourself. And the second sentence, where you say INFjs never call anyone dishonest, and then immediately call her dishonest, is just comedic gold. Thanks.
    Nah, I think her logic is that since I'm not (I can't possibly be) INFj, it's ok to call me names like liar and to try to hurt me, etc. It's only if I were INFj that it wouldn't be ok.

Anyway, I've been meaning to ask - how are your girls?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She is lying about her type and she called me dishonest, with no proof of it...that is one ugly button of mine.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nah, I think her logic is that since I'm not (I can't possibly be) INFj, it's ok to call me names like liar and to try to hurt me, etc. It's only if I were INFj that it wouldn't be ok.

Read this it will do you a world of good "He feels much more confident and therefore has a clear conscience, only in the field of manipulating people." ESFP

You called me dishonest, you don't know the first thing about INFj's.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, thanks! They're great. The baby has started walking! She's 13 months.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is lying about her type and she called me dishonest, with no proof of it...that is one ugly button of mine.
    Hmm maybe you are ESI. That sounds to me like something an ESI would say. "How dare you doubt my integrity!" Sounds like my ESI brother.

Anyway, even if she weren't EII, which I truly believe she is, why would you assume she's lying about it? "Lying" indicates intentional deception rather than just being mistaken. Why do you assume that intent?
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hmm maybe you are ESI. That sounds to me like something an ESI would say. "How dare you doubt my integrity!" Sounds like my ESI brother.

Anyway, even if she weren't EII, which I truly believe she is, why would you assume she's lying about it? "Lying" indicates intentional deception rather than just being mistaken. Why do you assume that intent?
    EII value integrity very highly.
    I don't lie. PERIOD.
    -

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, thanks! They're great. The baby has started walking! She's 13 months.
    I have quite a few friends with first children around that age. It's fun because even though a lot of them now live far away I can still watch the babies grow via Facebook, haha. Though it's not the same as being able to hold and interact with them. Is baby talking much yet?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as MBTI goes

I seem to be increasingly E (I was borderline in the past, and now towards 70%E)
    Always heavily lopsided on T
    I have and still remain to be somewhat in the middle about N/S. That is confusing me somewhat, as far as MBTI goes.
    J P is more J.

I wanted to give MBTI a go through one more time, but I guess I just keep finding why I don't really like it and socionics is 'better'.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have quite a few friends with first children around that age. It's fun because even though a lot of them now live far away I can still watch the babies grow via Facebook, haha. Though it's not the same as being able to hold and interact with them. Is baby talking much yet?
    She says a few words. The older one was talking more at this age. But she knows "mama" and "dada" and "kitty" and "egg" and "cracker" and "sissy" and "yum" hmm I think she knows a few more but I can't think of them. Oh, "hi" and "up". Maybe that's it? She understands a lot more than she can say.
    -Mark Twain