Thread: Notes on my experience with duality

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    I think losing track of time while talking might be more a duality thing. I also lose track of time as a Ni type, blinking and the sun has set, blinking again and it's re-risen..
    Ftr just as comparison, i never lose track of time. I didn't know other people do, sometimes it's also unnerving, like i may wake up while sleeping due to some noise and i will guess what time is it and how much i can still sleep etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ftr just as comparison, i never lose track of time. I didn't know other people do, sometimes it's also unnerving, like i may wake up while sleeping due to some noise and i will guess what time is it and how much i can still sleep etc
    i am oddly pretty similar. Unless I am significantly sleep deprived, I almost always wake up before the alarm goes off. For me, I think wearing a wearing a watch almost 24/7 for nearly 20 years made me even more acutely aware of time.

I say brilliant things sporadically BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality can seem other worldly. I'm just not used to receiving infinite attention and appreciation without having to do anything besides my natural mental capabilities. Our relationship is progressing even more, and the more time passes, the more it seems we are the same soul split in different bodies. It seems like a contradiction, cause we are completely different and completely similar at the same time. It's like the difference between hot and cold, they are the same thing (levels of heat or levels of vibration), even though they manifest differently. Funny thing is, even though we match perfectly, she has always lived near me, that is, at the neighboring city. I don't have much to say by now except that we're at the level of complete integration. I almost can't tell where the me ends and the her starts.

I just hope everyone experiences this at least once in their lifetime
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 11-28-2023 at 02:46 PM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is, I found the perfect duality when I wasn't looking for it. As a series of life events, we always ended up meeting each other, I took pictures with her then we didn't see each other for a long time until an instagram propaganda showed me her picture and I saved it. Then some months later she got my number by mutual contacts. I always knew she was somehow special. I didn't move a finger to have her in my life, and I don't believe in fate, but this just seems like a gift from heaven.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She hates when I leave her, but she also hates If I wait for her to leave me. Today I forgot to reply her text message and she said I'm too scattered, and I said "why didn't you tell me this before?" I hate being called scattered, but for my surprise she said she thinks this is very good and makes her smile.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our conversations are very interesting and I love to talk to her, and I can't get enough of it, but doing things together is tenfold better. Even though we have discussed pretty much anything imaginable, I feel that we're still discovering new things about each other every day. But when we're doing something together, we can't help but let our truest selves shine and it feels like a fantasy or a Disney classic. I'd say our conversations tend to be rather constructive and sometimes they almost feel like a struggle of opposites. Of course, I like to make things playful, but the best of it all is that doing the most trivial things with her puts our compatibility on a pedestal.
    At this point, we're becoming inseparable. I'm a little afraid I may become dependent and addicted. This experience feels like a free fall, and it's been accelerating to dangerous levels.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We talked for 2h30 in the morning over phone then I missed her again at night and we talked for another 2 hours. She said she feels like she doesn't want to stop talking to me. I'm glad this feeling is mutual. I think this is unlikely to cool off over time. I think for the first time in my life, I feel like I don't get enough of something over time. The more we talk, the more we feel closer and the more we want to talk.
    I think we'll have to move in together very soon lol

It's been 7 months now since we started seeing each other, and things have started getting insanely good in the last 2 months. And getting better over time.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 11-30-2023 at 01:18 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week, for some unexplainable reason, we've had a few intense fights. I confess it got me feeling a little disappointed with her. I expected her to be a little bit more understanding. But at least, we have always managed to arrive at an agreement and mutual understanding after some clarification. It kinda of was needed because everything was progressing so smoothly that I was starting to take her for granted and starting to maybe feel a little bored. But the answer to my request, it couldn't be faster.
    One of the reasons for one of our arguments was because I said it was time she would go to sleep (basing on the fact she said she doesn't like to sleep late after midnight) (and she interpreted that I didn't want to talk to her anymore, and was bored with the conversation, even though I wasn't). Then we ended up fighting until 2h30 in the morning and we eventually reached peace and it ended in a little bit of fun, and we ended up discussing some random topics, including travel and taking pictures. Kinda challenging though
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 12-09-2023 at 05:47 AM.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I am going to post much in here since I have not much to add to these stories but I have seen your picture with the girl and from the few stories I have read I find the probability that both of you are IEI very high. Victor Gulenko made an interesting comment about victim dynamics

“Victim” men this woman enters into complex, full of subtext relations, competing with them in sacrificial attitudes and demanding for it special privileges. Frequently such games literally wear out and exhaust both of them."

Do what you want with that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, our interactions haven't faded in intensity yet, but even gotten more intense. Last time we ended up talking about everything like always until 3 in the morning, and we agreed it wasn't being a healthy thing to do, but we could easily keep it going forever. It's getting easier, and better still, I'm impressed. At this point, we're reaching a state that sometimes it feels that we're talking about nothing at all, it feels so easy and distracting that we could say we're just discussing no particular topic, just one responding the other in a loop. I thought this relationship couldn't get better, but it is. We're developing unique communication styles, sometimes it's playful fights/arguments, other times it's meta conversation, that is, an endless conversation about our conversation or about our differences which are infinite. She's starting to call us diametrically opposites, which is something I always told her indirectly. The duality is getting pretty obvious at this point. There's literally no resistance in our interactions, and it never gets boring. Today we took a day off so we talked the entire day, and we're still going to see each other in person tomorrow and I still can't wait to see her, and I'm not even feeling needy. It's strange. It's been so healthy, therapeutic, funny, joyful, fulfilling, and constructive. I feel that I'm so blessed at this point. I'm living a miracle, a gift of fate, and a moment of grace. Gratitude is all my heart can express right now. My admiration for her has gotten to extremely high levels, like never before.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

These last 10 days were full of intense fights again, because she freaked out for me not being totally open about certain things, and she gets scared by the fact that I need constant change, and fears that I will get bored with her lol. But I managed to handle all discussions and we always ended up on good terms. The fact that she has almost no intuition makes her extremely neurotic about me not being 100% clear about my thoughts on certain things. I told her I would always be 100% transparent, so she won't feel confused.

And as we interact time stops and it seems relativity is at work, cause 4 hours can easily feel like 10 min or so.

We're starting to distribute a few responsabilities in our cooperative activities, for example, I'm the one to make final decisions and make contacts with the external world, while she keeps track of dates, events, records, schedules, and moments of rest and enjoyment. She's also giving feedback on some sensory aspects in our newborn musician project, where I play and she sings.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistus View Post
    Update

These last 10 days were full of intense fights again, because she freaked out for me not being totally open about certain things, and she gets scared by the fact that I need constant change, and fears that I will get bored with her lol. But I managed to handle all discussions and we always ended up on good terms. The fact that she has almost no intuition makes her extremely neurotic about me not being 100% clear about my thoughts on certain things. I told her I would always be 100% transparent, so she won't feel confused.

And as we interact time stops and it seems relativity is at work, cause 4 hours can easily feel like 10 min or so.

We're starting to distribute a few responsabilities in our cooperative activities, for example, I'm the one to make final decisions and make contacts with the external world, while she keeps track of dates, events, records, schedules, and moments of rest and enjoyment. She's also giving feedback on some sensory aspects in our newborn musician project, where I play and she sings.
    Plz tell me, how much of a relief does this feel?

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Plz tell me, how much of a relief does this feel?
    It just feels stress free. Doing anything together, even if it's work, always feels like doing nothing I'd say, it's the best approximation.
    Maybe it's not something I would immediately appreciate If I didn't know about Socionics.
    I have to say that even our intense fights are not stressful, paradoxically. I felt disappointed in the near past, but nowadays I just feel challenged and excited, because I know that we will eventually end up on good terms again, like always, and I just need to disentangle her thought process and it feels like solving a puzzle.
    As a whole, the experience doesn't seem immediately comfortable, even though it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To add about what more possible kind of IR @Hermes Trismegistus has and hence describes here, what is a mix of factual situation and of his fantasies based on the theory.
    The woman on the photo seemed closer to N. Among N types not bad by IR for his IEI are: ILE, EIE, IEI, ILI.

The closest to what he thinks as SLI is ILI. In this case he deals with a human of almost identity IR.
    It's not bad IR and so are easy for relations to start. He has them not long and not in situations where complex and intensive cooperations were needed. So problems of lacking support in weak functions both would not notice on this stage.
    While, having IEI he may dream and tell about anything by good and interesting style.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like being a bitch (I'm lying), but you talk in such a flippant matter of fact textbook way that I can't take anything you say seriously. It feels like I'm reading O magazine or something.

Then you say you don't expect anybody to agree or comply or sympathizie with you which feels like some manipulation like you obviously really do want that- otherwise why even bring it up in the first place? It's like that funny video of the sex offender saying 'I won't touch your children, you don't have to worry' but why is he bringing that up to begin with lol. Not that you're a sex offender. Sorry that example was crude and dark and you probably value Fi and like text book niceties that I don't or something.

I would agree or sympathize (but never comply I have my limits) if I knew what I was agreeing or sympathizing with.... exactly. Because I find myself kinda disagreeing with most of things you say. "If you really like a person you'll find the time" - I think that's just too naive and ideal. Oftentimes irl you will really like a person but you just can't make it work logically and other things are ultimately more important in life than feeling connected.

I personally hate if the person holds a grudge against me if I don't show up for something because I was obviously priotizing something else. Ideally I'd want them to understand, forgive and move on instead of being like 'you didn't show up you don't really care' like some nazi weirdo or soap opera overly dramatic lunatic. It doesn't mean I don't care about them. Maybe it means I want things more equal and I can see through their narcissitic bullshit, or I want to be a narcissist and don't want to subject the other person completely because that's not fair to them, as I do really care.

So what I know so far: You want people to sympathize with you and you also want others to comply to your demands. That's like government Fi imo. Very ESI/EII way to be. Oh you self type as ENFp Delta. Nevermind. That would explain where the two-faced-ness comes in. Sorry that was harsh. But we are conflicting quadras after all. <3

TIM
    ENFp
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Scalding Gayser View Post
    I don't like being a bitch (I'm lying), but you talk in such a flippant matter of fact textbook way that I can't take anything you say seriously. It feels like I'm reading O magazine or something.

Then you say you don't expect anybody to agree or comply or sympathizie with you which feels like some manipulation like you obviously really do want that- otherwise why even bring it up in the first place? It's like that funny video of the sex offender saying 'I won't touch your children, you don't have to worry' but why is he bringing that up to begin with lol. Not that you're a sex offender. Sorry that example was crude and dark and you probably value Fi and like text book niceties that I don't or something.

I would agree or sympathize (but never comply I have my limits) if I knew what I was agreeing or sympathizing with.... exactly. Because I find myself kinda disagreeing with most of things you say. "If you really like a person you'll find the time" - I think that's just too naive and ideal. Oftentimes irl you will really like a person but you just can't make it work logically and other things are ultimately more important in life than feeling connected.

I personally hate if the person holds a grudge against me if I don't show up for something because I was obviously priotizing something else. Ideally I'd want them to understand, forgive and move on instead of being like 'you didn't show up you don't really care' like some nazi weirdo or soap opera overly dramatic lunatic. It doesn't mean I don't care about them. Maybe it means I want things more equal and I can see through their narcissitic bullshit, or I want to be a narcissist and don't want to subject the other person completely because that's not fair to them, as I do really care.

So what I know so far: You want people to sympathize with you and you also want others to comply to your demands. That's like government Fi imo. Very ESI/EII way to be. Oh you self type as ENFp Delta. Nevermind. That would explain where the two-faced-ness comes in. Sorry that was harsh. But we are conflicting quadras after all. <3
    Don't forget age and experience, and Ti PoLR here mostly... It isn't going to be solid or logical.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed we are having symptoms of addiction to each other.
    We start feeling depressed if we spend more than, say, 6 hours (? Needs further investigation) awake without contact. And I've purposefully tried staying away a little longer than usual, and the results are just as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. That is scary, because it implies dependence on each other. Now I think I understand when people say Duality is not an usual type relation: it's an introverted relation and it implies exclusivity/mutual lockedness
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 01-03-2024 at 01:49 AM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little by little our conversations have shifted from Te/Fi focus to an Ne/Si axis, and I have to admit that is tenfold more satisfying for me. I can tell she's 100% free to tell me the most intimate things possible, everyday she's telling me all the dreams she's had the night before, and she is the only person I can listen to with interest in this regard. She has a strong focus on subjective sensory perceptions, like food talk, video games, the ardor in her body after playing volleyball, her free fire like dreams, her explanation about female routine. Everything sensation related suddenly looks interesting from her perspective. I believe our integration is complete now, and I can see her cognitive functions at play very easily. I'm starting to be able to predict her vulnerable points which could potentially lead to arguments, which tended to be due to my Ne-. We haven't fought since my last post, even though I had moments of prediction that things could potentially get tough. It's so rewarding the fact that I can make her lose track of time or burst into laughter by just speaking what's on my mind.
    At this point it's pretty evident we're opposite poles in the Ne/Si dichotomy. The yin yang vibe is pretty intense, but it took me a while to realize that with certainty.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The effect of your dual's dominant on your suggestive is very subtle sometimes. It's as though you don't feel any good or bad sensations when you discuss some aspect related to it in the moment. Later when you depart, your mind starts wandering back to that conversation and suddenly a nostalgic feelings overwhelms you. That means the only way to attract your dual is to give them space so they can notice the absence of their effect on you and vice versa. This is very cool.

For example, she is the only person I have religiously had long conversations every single day since october I guess, and even today after having talked to her in the morning and in the afternoon, I'm missing her right now, and I just can't talk to her because she's busy. She feels the same way towards me. So always end up chasing/pursuing each other alternatively, and I think it's healthier and more beautiful this way, it shows both care and it's reciprocal.

Note: as an extrovert, I get turned off by being chased, but since she's introverted, she feels insecure doing that extensively, which is a relief for me, and anyway I always know where we stand in relation to each other.

Love is beautiful
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 01-08-2024 at 10:49 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving her advice doesn't seem very useful. Most of my solutions revolve around ego functions, which she is basically lacking. But whenever she comes up with a question, I usually have the answer. The best I can do is do the thing itself myself though. Giving advice on my ignoring function, and to a very lesser extent, giving directions with regards to her tertiary function are received well, but still I have to make things extremely simple.
    I have been trying to help her develop her super-Id in opposition to what is expected from duals, because that's what I'd like to receive the most help.
    We play a lot of games together, so I can help her stimulate her intuition of possibilities, and she absolute loves it.
    She also has a hard time remembering a lot of difficult and complex information from my strongest functions
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 01-16-2024 at 01:22 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving her advice doesn't seem very useful. Most of my solutions revolve around ego functions, which she is basically lacking. But whenever she comes up with a question, I usually have the answer. The best I can do is do the thing itself myself though. Giving advice on my ignoring function, and to a very lesser extent, giving directions with regards to her tertiary function are received well, but still I have to make things extremely simple.
    I have been trying to help her develop her super-Id in opposition to what is expected from duals, because that's what I'd like to receive the most help.
    We play a lot of games together, so I can help her stimulate her intuition of possibilities, and she absolute loves it.
    She also has a hard time remembering a lot of difficult and complex information from my strongest functions
    Thanks for documenting your thoughts thus far.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have evolved so much since I met her, I don't relate to a lot of things I had taken for granted.
    If you meet me in person now you'll probably think I'm a Te base type.
    I'm a hundred times more productive. And I feel I can accomplish a lot with so much more enthusiasm.
    I'm eager to escalate the social and financial ladder of success

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 months later, and I guess we have finally achieved complete comfort. She has for the first time given me a compliment (she doesn't know how to). And I still feel the same euphoric internal sensation that I felt the first time we had a 101 conversation. And it happens to both of us simultaneously. She said after today's convo, that she felt like running a marathon right now. It's incredible how things keep getting better over time, it's like my perspective on what is good keeps updating. I don't know how I would ever exchange this experience for any other type of relation. I'd state it as "ever growing happiness". Spontaneity, freedom, joy, euphoria, peace, comfort, mystery, entanglement, integration, fulfillment, miracle of fate.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, since I feel my basic needs/aspects of life are satisfied, I've got enough courage to start my business/entrepreneurship venture. I just had this insight about training my sales skills, and I applied to work as sales executive for a billionaire company, and I was accepted. Now I've been working non stop (at least 10-14 hours everyday) and I don't ever feel tired. I feel that I have finally arrived at a work occupation that let's me take advantage of my two ego functions.

Now, it's an upward spiral to my life goals accomplishments.

I won't be writing as much here since I guess I have delivered enough about my feelings (this is a Fi based thread) in relation to duality.

Maybe I will come back, but don't expect me to.

Good luck guys!! Hope everyone find peace of mind and fulfillment in your dharma, Ikigai, life purpose and talent.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Duality is just a part of a hyopthetic guide that (ITR) that an Fi PoLR came up with in order to 'understand people' and 'how the functions work together'. I think that it's something that should be taken with a heavy pinch of salt from that point of view, and that to lean too heavily into it is naive idealism. It's not really rooted fully in reality, or tested thoroughly, and a lot of people use ITR has an excuse, rather than a rough guide (with minor possible truths) to interact with/not interact with people. And Duality has become that 'one true love' myth in the Socionics community. You need more than just 'duality' based on types for a relation 'to work' or 'make sense' in reality, if you want to go down that route.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back
    A few notes..

1. My first duality experience (before knowing about Socionics) was with a not-so-good-looking-older-than-me LSI-Se (I'm an EIE-Fe). It was an intense experience which turned my world upside down. The pull was intense after getting close, but there were constant misunderstandings in communication due to her being a very "irrational" LSI. Still, the good moments were unforgettable and the growing was insane and intense. It felt like love addiction and it took me dating a young and beautiful (model) to overcome my codependent inclinations.

2. My current duality relation is with a 6 years younger LSI with an accentuated rational subtype (thus LSI-Ti). The cognition is pretty similar but we 'get' each other much more easily. Still, from time to time we have small misunderstandings relating to base-suggestive clashes. I noticed that 99% of the misunderstandings (which are solved simply by having an open discussion) are related to Ne-Si opposing natures. That made me realize that the comfort comes from 2nd and 3rd functions, which the theory of Socionics has already stated. Thus it makes sense that Mirage is supposedly more relaxing, due to more understanding on the N vs S lack of struggle of opposites. On the other hand, semi-duality, as I've noticed still makes the relation passionate and intriging, but there's absolutely no comfort in them.

3. I have a semi-dual mother, and I can compare and tell you that although the conversations still have the same spark, I don't feel comfortable to let down my guard (and it's my MOTHER). So Base-Suggestive is what gives the spark and promotes occasional misunderstandings which promote excitement and growth. The comfort in duality happens by chance, when you least expect, you're both completely relaxed discussing at a very low level of mental processing.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 03-17-2024 at 02:50 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Duality is just a part of a hyopthetic guide that (ITR) that an Fi PoLR came up with in order to 'understand people' and 'how the functions work together'. I think that it's something that should be taken with a heavy pinch of salt from that point of view, and that to lean too heavily into it is naive idealism. It's not really rooted fully in reality, or tested thoroughly, and a lot of people use ITR has an excuse, rather than a rough guide (with minor possible truths) to interact with/not interact with people. And Duality has become that 'one true love' myth in the Socionics community. You need more than just 'duality' based on types for a relation 'to work' or 'make sense' in reality, if you want to go down that route.
    What makes you think that a Fi polr can't understand people? Fi is more about expressing your personal feelings about stuff than understanding other people. A Fi polr feels intense discomfort in revealing weaknesses, especially regarding personal issues and personal feelings, that's it. Maybe they would feel annoyed to be in an environment where most people are actually doing that, like therapy in group or some shit, time would certainly pass slowly and the Fi polr would feel out of place and stressed. I would trust a Fi polr point of view on human relations anyday compared to any other polr function, though. XLEs are usually intelligent people, not attached to feelings but rather attached to logical facts.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropex6 View Post
    What makes you think that a Fi polr can't understand people? Fi is more about expressing your personal feelings about stuff than understanding other people. A Fi polr feels intense discomfort in revealing weaknesses, especially regarding personal issues and personal feelings, that's it. Maybe they would feel annoyed to be in an environment where most people are actually doing that, like therapy in group or some shit, time would certainly pass slowly and the Fi polr would feel out of place and stressed. I would trust a Fi polr point of view on human relations anyday compared to any other polr function, though. XLEs are usually intelligent people, not attached to feelings but rather attached to logical facts.
    I said that when I got pissed off about how much people salivate over the idealistic side of it all. That part of it isn't realistic. They idealise too much and never stop to think if it makes sense in all instances. Or how it's meant to work. They just lean heavily on it as in 'opposites attract' without thinking further. That's what I was getting at. It's not some magic bullet and every single dual you'll instantly fall for, or love. They have to understand that it's a guide. Not a magical bullet or an end all and be all of their relationship issues, or anything like that.

I mean, anyone can understand or try to understand people if they really wanted to. And yeah, of course XLEs are intelligent. I never said they weren't, and that Fi PoLR means people can't understand one another. I'm just saying that people shouldn't put all of their trust on duality. It's just a relational guide, not the written rules. And yeah, feelings are too subjective to be stuck to, but I dunno, I'm still trying to find proof that all ITR are accurate as they say they are.

But yeah, therapy is kinda bs if it's all about personal feelings. I hate that too. I hate therapy, and talking about feelings. I want to solve problems, not wallow around all day and have people feel sorry for me and do nothing to move on. But a part of Fi is relational, is it not? Relational distance, forming relations etc. Wouldn't that affect the PoLR as well? I think it would from what I understand.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE, SLUEN, VFLE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    I said that when I got pissed off about how much people salivate over the idealistic side of it all. That part of it isn't realistic. They idealise too much and never stop to think if it makes sense in all instances. Or how it's meant to work. They just lean heavily on it as in 'opposites attract' without thinking further. That's what I was getting at. It's not some magic bullet and every single dual you'll instantly fall for, or love. They have to understand that it's a guide. Not a magical bullet or an end all and be all of their relationship issues, or anything like that.

I mean, anyone can understand or try to understand people if they really wanted to. And yeah, of course XLEs are intelligent. I never said they weren't, and that Fi PoLR means people can't understand one another. I'm just saying that people shouldn't put all of their trust on duality. It's just a relational guide, not the written rules. And yeah, feelings are too subjective to be stuck to, but I dunno, I'm still trying to find proof that all ITR are accurate as they say they are.

But yeah, therapy is kinda bs if it's all about personal feelings. I hate that too. I hate therapy, and talking about feelings. I want to solve problems, not wallow around all day and have people feel sorry for me and do nothing to move on. But a part of Fi is relational, is it not? Relational distance, forming relations etc. Wouldn't that affect the PoLR as well? I think it would from what I understand.
    Yes but it has nothing to do with observation of such relational experience. A Fi polr indeed having created the system is proof of that.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Semi-duality --> excitement
    Mirage --> comfort
    Duality --> alternating moments of excitement and comfort

Duality is a very dynamic relation, it keeps evolving, revealing unexpected nuances, it hardly ever gets boring. It's so much hypnotic that you gotta be careful not to get completely involved in it and forget about your other real life contacts and obligations. The end is in itself. Duality is not an easy relationship, and it shouldn't be. It has moments of comfort, and they are pretty common, but you also go through several challenges, but that's what keeps the relationship exciting. But of course, you need to be with your dual everyday to notice these oscillations. The thing is even though some clashes are inevitable, you practically never accumulate negative baggage, as in most other relations, which leads to frustration and detrition. It feels fresh and new even after several days, months and years. It is a hundred times more exciting than fantasy. Sometimes you can't tell them apart. And the growth and mental adjustment is just inevitable.
    Duality is not the answer to happiness itself, it can bring suffering and negative experiences, it's more like a challenge that if you accept it, it will take you to another dimension, another plane of existence on this planet. One thing to consider is that duals are supposed to be inseparable, never get into into if you wanna escape it eventually. I don't want to generalize, but after some time it becomes clear that duals need to see each other almost every day for it to he healthy. This inseparability aspect is very strong. Even after being together for extensive hours, you will miss them deeply if you stay away for some time, because over time it becomes mostly a base-suggestive dance of opposites, and it's one of the most addictive things you can experience, and abstaining from it can kill you once you've entered the game.

Just my thoughts

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazilian Mirage in action
    EIE (him - Nando Reis) - ESI (her - Cassia Eller)

https://youtu.be/_6CKe7609wc?feature=shared

edit: I've edited that fact that she's actually an ESI
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 03-17-2024 at 02:53 PM.

TIM
    (PiTi)TeNe5w4(14)p/x
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brazilian Duality in action
    IEE-Fi (him - Nando Reis) - SLI-Te (her - Cassia Eller)

https://youtu.be/_6CKe7609wc?feature=shared
    Nando Reis - C-EIE-Ni>D-ILE-Ti (annoying Fe clown type)
    Cassia Eller - H-ESI-Se

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qaz00 View Post
    Nando Reis - C-EIE-Ni>D-ILE-Ti (annoying Fe clown type)
    Cassia Eller - H-ESI-Se
    ESI indeed makes a lot of sense for her.
    But I'm pretty sure Nando Reis is my identical (and I self type as IEE). It's pretty obvious for me in fact.
    I got to SLI based mostly on his description of her, not on VI (because she looks slightly F>T). Anyway, thanks for your feedback

Btw, what do you think about Amelia Earhart's type?

TIM
    (PiTi)TeNe5w4(14)p/x
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI indeed makes a lot of sense for her.
    But I'm pretty sure Nando Reis is my identical (and I self type as IEE). It's pretty obvious for me in fact.
    I got to SLI based mostly on his description of her, not on VI (because she looks slightly F>T). Anyway, thanks for your feedback
    It's at least consistent because I don't type you IEE and thought of ILE or EIE for you before, so we're both seeing him as your possible identical.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Communication between duals is not as efficient as between identicals. As a low dimentionality function, the inferior needs the duals care when explaining topics related to the dominant-inferior dynamics. The chemistry happens when both don't try to impress and just speak calmly and without filtering too much.
    On the other hand, sometimes you can use your creative function to get them to smile, or just activate them. It's not in a manipulative sense though, you just feel like pushing their buttons a little
    My experience is a bit different: I see where my identicals and my mirrors are coming from so their true motives I understand and fully defend before other people, but communication is not always as smooth as with a dual. I have group-based experience with my dual (which is good for real-time comparison to others) and it got so good to the point at times they were smiling with complicity before I finished the sentence.
    The thread is interesting, I'll keep on reading

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karu View Post
    My experience is a bit different: I see where my identicals and my mirrors are coming from so their true motives I understand and fully defend before other people, but communication is not always as smooth as with a dual. I have group-based experience with my dual (which is good for real-time comparison to others) and it got so good to the point at times they were smiling with complicity before I finished the sentence.
    The thread is interesting, I'll keep on reading
    You're right. When I wrote that post, I was acquainted with very similar identicals only. Nowadays I've been able to spot dissimilar identicals, so we end up having the same perspective, interests, and coming to similar conclusions, but there's still some dissonance in cognition which is not directly type related.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some random objective and simple facts about my SLI:
    1. She doesn't like to shake hands or hugs strangers.
    2. She doesn't speak in public or among crowds, but becomes talkative 101 after she feels comfortable
    3. She is a positivist
    4. She never assumes anything. Everything has to be told and discussed.
    5. She loves routine, but needs periodic new experiences.
    6. She doesn't like to stay home for a long time. She needs to go outside and do physical things.
    7. She doesn't like cats
    8. She rarely if ever give compliments.
    9. If you give her a "powerful" compliment, she won't know how to respond, but will appreciate it anyway.
    10. She becomes very critical when her mood is low or something doesn't make sense to her.
    11. She loves to laugh, but only laughs with a trustworthy circle of people.
    12. She loves animation, cartoons and animes.
    13. She loves stupid jokes and her sense of humor is very primitive.
    14. She is melancholic-sanguine
    15. She was an international swimmer but gave up on the career because she wanted to be a doctor. Her second option is becoming a firefighter.
    16. She values her friendships a lot and she has a neurosis and extreme fear of being left alone.
    17. She doesn't know how to give recommendations.
    18. She is able to tell her dreams with extreme detail and she lobes to tell them. Sometimes she tries to interpret them and asks for my help
    19. She is able to remember specific tastes and smells just by thinking about things.
    20. She values comfort and equilibrium above everything.
    21. She is average at almost everything she does except sports and writing.
    22. She doesn't think she's intelligent.
    23. She loves massages and caressing to an above average degree.
    24. She likes to collect objects that she thinks will have utility in the future, and she has an insane number of unutilized things.
    25. She absolutely loves memes, but their humor is not the best.
    26. She considers herself a non creative person
    27. She's extremely objective
    28. Her number way hobby is going out to eat.
    29. Her number two hobby is sleeping.
    30. Her number three hobby is going to private pools and the beach.
    31. We both have the dream of flying (like batman, not in an airplane way), and we promised each other we will accomplish that soon.
    32. She loves to play sports and is very talented at them.
    33. Her favorite food is shrimp.
    34. She keeps sending me food pictures so I can envy her.
    35. She loves when I tell her about alternate realities and explain the implications and ramifications of decisions.
    36. She has been associated with masculinity since a young age even though for me she seems like the most feminine girl I've ever met.
    37. She can't sleep until we solve any arguments/misunderstandings that we have.
    38. She hates to sleep after 00h, even though after we met that happens a lot.
    39. She never lets me think I have completely conquered her heart and that is how she always keeps me interested.
    40. She is very sensitive even though she never shows this.
    41. She never rushes to make decisions. She can spend a long time or even months to make them.
    42. She never takes great risks, so she never regrets any decisions.

TIM
    ENFp
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a good checklist for ISTJ or SLI here at 16T. Lol.

Currently i have a SLI acquaintance and i find we have similar interests in things, like hobbies and making things more efficient around the house. He built a cool pool heater by using the roof of his house as a nesting place for black hoses that absorb solar heat, and he designed the software to run each section to maximize the output in a pump algorithm. They have an above ground pool, his wife is SEI, btw. He is Si type. His wife is Fe type.

They were over on the weekend picking up giveaway stuff, and we built my daybed together, i'm making a man cave in a room here at home.

Wife said i thought you two would have similar interests.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrainlessSquid View Post
    This is a very nice post. She sounds definitely as SLI. I agree with some of them, though as every Si I've my own peculiarities. As a teenager I dreamt of someone who will be able to get to know me like this. I'm married with IEE Ne but I dont think he'll get the patience to even write a so detailed list like the above (about anything). Over time I got to understand that I preferred to actually be the most caring one as I got displeased of ppl obsessing with me, so I feel safe with him.At this point I'm only comfortable in allowing God to get to know me at so detailed way. Lol
    Last edited by Hope; 03-08-2024 at 03:03 AM.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Insane ENTj. That's freaky! I'm getting chills, you human clock you. (jk)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast