Thread: Does intelligence and type have any link?

Threaded View

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandemic candy View Post
    I think the last chart is accurate though

Look at the poor INFPs vs ENTJs lmao
    Yeah, I definitely think it's measuring something. It's data, so of course it's accurate in the sense that however they happened to measure type it seems to predict that those who score ENTJ will make way more money than those who score as INFP. The bit that's questionable is whether the way they measured type was really measuring type in a useful way. Like if one of their questions meant to evaluate presence of Te was "Do you feel you have achieved a lot in the workplace?" then of course that's going to correlate with financial success. Is that a good question for measuring Te though? It might be. I'm not saying that it isn't, but just that there may be any number of questions which are unintentionally biased in such a way as to inevitably correlate X type with Y financial outcome.

Sorry that was kind of long-winded, but I do agree with you ultimately that the graph is probably at least sort of right about a few of these. I can say anecdotally that, as predicted, I am certainly not making that much money
    Last edited by AWellArmedCat; 07-20-2021 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Fixed a spelling mistake "correlated" -> "correlate"
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐