Progress is Future's Daily Digestion Hermes Trismegistus's Avatar
    TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Gabin View Post
    The fun will start when you'd try to do something together with your producing functions - you'll have endless conversations by Fi and Te.
    In fact, our longest conversations tend to revolve around feelings, values and logic. Ne and Si are conversation starters, and how we exchange our most valued information through books, movies, songs, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Gabin View Post
    And by the way, watch your negativism, there is no such thing in classical socionics, but it seems to me that the signs of the functions of duals change. That is, you may begin to see more positive opportunities, but also notice more flaws in people.
    This is already happening. I'm seeing flaws in others like never before. I'm also losing a little sense of what it is like to adapt to others. I noticed I'm starting to act way too spontaneous around others, and sometimes it is causing awkwardness, then I remember not everyone (practically no one) is a dual.

Thanks for your input!
    Use your intuition of progress to guess the likelihood that any bit of information is going to contribute positively to a huge advancement of what is intended to be created. The end result is a massive outburst, or explosion of quantum evolution of mental creation.

If the spirit of cosmopolitan venture of psychotic metamorphosis has endorsed the neuroplasticity adaptation of human brain cells, then an increase stimulation of gray matter is able to lapidate access to genetic intelligence of contemporary mammals as a cognitive symbiosis of interstellar conglomerates of trojan-horse-analogous operating systems mitigating their self-coded script for destruction of earthly species has arrived.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    I think losing track of time while talking might be more a duality thing. I also lose track of time as a Ni type, blinking and the sun has set, blinking again and it's re-risen..
    Ftr just as comparison, i never lose track of time. I didn't know other people do, sometimes it's also unnerving, like i may wake up while sleeping due to some noise and i will guess what time is it and how much i can still sleep etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ftr just as comparison, i never lose track of time. I didn't know other people do, sometimes it's also unnerving, like i may wake up while sleeping due to some noise and i will guess what time is it and how much i can still sleep etc
    i am oddly pretty similar. Unless I am significantly sleep deprived, I almost always wake up before the alarm goes off. For me, I think wearing a wearing a watch almost 24/7 for nearly 20 years made me even more acutely aware of time.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality can seem other worldly. I'm just not used to receiving infinite attention and appreciation without having to do anything besides my natural mental capabilities. Our relationship is progressing even more, and the more time passes, the more it seems we are the same soul split in different bodies. It seems like a contradiction, cause we are completely different and completely similar at the same time. It's like the difference between hot and cold, they are the same thing (levels of heat or levels of vibration), even though they manifest differently. Funny thing is, even though we match perfectly, she has always lived near me, that is, at the neighboring city. I don't have much to say by now except that we're at the level of complete integration. I almost can't tell where the me ends and the her starts.

I just hope everyone experiences this at least once in their lifetime
    Last edited by Hermes Trismegistus; 11-28-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    Use your intuition of progress to guess the likelihood that any bit of information is going to contribute positively to a huge advancement of what is intended to be created. The end result is a massive outburst, or explosion of quantum evolution of mental creation.

If the spirit of cosmopolitan venture of psychotic metamorphosis has endorsed the neuroplasticity adaptation of human brain cells, then an increase stimulation of gray matter is able to lapidate access to genetic intelligence of contemporary mammals as a cognitive symbiosis of interstellar conglomerates of trojan-horse-analogous operating systems mitigating their self-coded script for destruction of earthly species has arrived.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is, I found the perfect duality when I wasn't looking for it. As a series of life events, we always ended up meeting each other, I took pictures with her then we didn't see each other for a long time until an instagram propaganda showed me her picture and I saved it. Then some months later she got my number by mutual contacts. I always knew she was somehow special. I didn't move a finger to have her in my life, and I don't believe in fate, but this just seems like a gift from heaven.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She hates when I leave her, but she also hates If I wait for her to leave me. Today I forgot to reply her text message and she said I'm too scattered, and I said "why didn't you tell me this before?" I hate being called scattered, but for my surprise she said she thinks this is very good and makes her smile.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our conversations are very interesting and I love to talk to her, and I can't get enough of it, but doing things together is tenfold better. Even though we have discussed pretty much anything imaginable, I feel that we're still discovering new things about each other every day. But when we're doing something together, we can't help but let our truest selves shine and it feels like a fantasy or a Disney classic. I'd say our conversations tend to be rather constructive and sometimes they almost feel like a struggle of opposites. Of course, I like to make things playful, but the best of it all is that doing the most trivial things with her puts our compatibility on a pedestal.
    At this point, we're becoming inseparable. I'm a little afraid I may become dependent and addicted. This experience feels like a free fall, and it's been accelerating to dangerous levels.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We talked for 2h30 in the morning over phone then I missed her again at night and we talked for another 2 hours. She said she feels like she doesn't want to stop talking to me. I'm glad this feeling is mutual. I think this is unlikely to cool off over time. I think for the first time in my life, I feel like I don't get enough of something over time. The more we talk, the more we feel closer and the more we want to talk.
    I think we'll have to move in together very soon lol

It's been 7 months now since we started seeing each other, and things have started getting insanely good in the last 2 months. And getting better over time.
    Last edited by Hermes Trismegistus; 11-30-2023 at 02:18 AM.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week, for some unexplainable reason, we've had a few intense fights. I confess it got me feeling a little disappointed with her. I expected her to be a little bit more understanding. But at least, we have always managed to arrive at an agreement and mutual understanding after some clarification. It kinda of was needed because everything was progressing so smoothly that I was starting to take her for granted and starting to maybe feel a little bored. But the answer to my request, it couldn't be faster.
    One of the reasons for one of our arguments was because I said it was time she would go to sleep (basing on the fact she said she doesn't like to sleep late after midnight) (and she interpreted that I didn't want to talk to her anymore, and was bored with the conversation, even though I wasn't). Then we ended up fighting until 2h30 in the morning and we eventually reached peace and it ended in a little bit of fun, and we ended up discussing some random topics, including travel and taking pictures. Kinda challenging though
    Last edited by Hermes Trismegistus; 12-09-2023 at 06:47 AM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I am going to post much in here since I have not much to add to these stories but I have seen your picture with the girl and from the few stories I have read I find the probability that both of you are IEI very high. Victor Gulenko made an interesting comment about victim dynamics

“Victim” men this woman enters into complex, full of subtext relations, competing with them in sacrificial attitudes and demanding for it special privileges. Frequently such games literally wear out and exhaust both of them."

Do what you want with that info.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, our interactions haven't faded in intensity yet, but even gotten more intense. Last time we ended up talking about everything like always until 3 in the morning, and we agreed it wasn't being a healthy thing to do, but we could easily keep it going forever. It's getting easier, and better still, I'm impressed. At this point, we're reaching a state that sometimes it feels that we're talking about nothing at all, it feels so easy and distracting that we could say we're just discussing no particular topic, just one responding the other in a loop. I thought this relationship couldn't get better, but it is. We're developing unique communication styles, sometimes it's playful fights/arguments, other times it's meta conversation, that is, an endless conversation about our conversation or about our differences which are infinite. She's starting to call us diametrically opposites, which is something I always told her indirectly. The duality is getting pretty obvious at this point. There's literally no resistance in our interactions, and it never gets boring. Today we took a day off so we talked the entire day, and we're still going to see each other in person tomorrow and I still can't wait to see her, and I'm not even feeling needy. It's strange. It's been so healthy, therapeutic, funny, joyful, fulfilling, and constructive. I feel that I'm so blessed at this point. I'm living a miracle, a gift of fate, and a moment of grace. Gratitude is all my heart can express right now. My admiration for her has gotten to extremely high levels, like never before.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

These last 10 days were full of intense fights again, because she freaked out for me not being totally open about certain things, and she gets scared by the fact that I need constant change, and fears that I will get bored with her lol. But I managed to handle all discussions and we always ended up on good terms. The fact that she has almost no intuition makes her extremely neurotic about me not being 100% clear about my thoughts on certain things. I told her I would always be 100% transparent, so she won't feel confused.

And as we interact time stops and it seems relativity is at work, cause 4 hours can easily feel like 10 min or so.

We're starting to distribute a few responsabilities in our cooperative activities, for example, I'm the one to make final decisions and make contacts with the external world, while she keeps track of dates, events, records, schedules, and moments of rest and enjoyment. She's also giving feedback on some sensory aspects in our newborn musician project, where I play and she sings.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistus View Post
    Update

These last 10 days were full of intense fights again, because she freaked out for me not being totally open about certain things, and she gets scared by the fact that I need constant change, and fears that I will get bored with her lol. But I managed to handle all discussions and we always ended up on good terms. The fact that she has almost no intuition makes her extremely neurotic about me not being 100% clear about my thoughts on certain things. I told her I would always be 100% transparent, so she won't feel confused.

And as we interact time stops and it seems relativity is at work, cause 4 hours can easily feel like 10 min or so.

We're starting to distribute a few responsabilities in our cooperative activities, for example, I'm the one to make final decisions and make contacts with the external world, while she keeps track of dates, events, records, schedules, and moments of rest and enjoyment. She's also giving feedback on some sensory aspects in our newborn musician project, where I play and she sings.
    Plz tell me, how much of a relief does this feel?

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Plz tell me, how much of a relief does this feel?
    It just feels stress free. Doing anything together, even if it's work, always feels like doing nothing I'd say, it's the best approximation.
    Maybe it's not something I would immediately appreciate If I didn't know about Socionics.
    I have to say that even our intense fights are not stressful, paradoxically. I felt disappointed in the near past, but nowadays I just feel challenged and excited, because I know that we will eventually end up on good terms again, like always, and I just need to disentangle her thought process and it feels like solving a puzzle.
    As a whole, the experience doesn't seem immediately comfortable, even though it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To add about what more possible kind of IR @Hermes Trismegistus has and hence describes here, what is a mix of factual situation and of his fantasies based on the theory.
    The woman on the photo seemed closer to N. Among N types not bad by IR for his IEI are: ILE, EIE, IEI, ILI.

The closest to what he thinks as SLI is ILI. In this case he deals with a human of almost identity IR.
    It's not bad IR and so are easy for relations to start. He has them not long and not in situations where complex and intensive cooperations were needed. So problems of lacking support in weak functions both would not notice on this stage.
    While, having IEI he may dream and tell about anything by good and interesting style.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't like being a bitch (I'm lying), but you talk in such a flippant matter of fact textbook way that I can't take anything you say seriously. It feels like I'm reading O magazine or something.

Then you say you don't expect anybody to agree or comply or sympathizie with you which feels like some manipulation like you obviously really do want that- otherwise why even bring it up in the first place? It's like that funny video of the sex offender saying 'I won't touch your children, you don't have to worry' but why is he bringing that up to begin with lol. Not that you're a sex offender. Sorry that example was crude and dark and you probably value Fi and like text book niceties that I don't or something.

I would agree or sympathize (but never comply I have my limits) if I knew what I was agreeing or sympathizing with.... exactly. Because I find myself kinda disagreeing with most of things you say. "If you really like a person you'll find the time" - I think that's just too naive and ideal. Oftentimes irl you will really like a person but you just can't make it work logically and other things are ultimately more important in life than feeling connected.

I personally hate if the person holds a grudge against me if I don't show up for something because I was obviously priotizing something else. Ideally I'd want them to understand, forgive and move on instead of being like 'you didn't show up you don't really care' like some nazi weirdo or soap opera overly dramatic lunatic. It doesn't mean I don't care about them. Maybe it means I want things more equal and I can see through their narcissitic bullshit, or I want to be a narcissist and don't want to subject the other person completely because that's not fair to them, as I do really care.

So what I know so far: You want people to sympathize with you and you also want others to comply to your demands. That's like government Fi imo. Very ESI/EII way to be. Oh you self type as ENFp Delta. Nevermind. That would explain where the two-faced-ness comes in. Sorry that was harsh. But we are conflicting quadras after all. <3

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Scalding Gayser View Post
    I don't like being a bitch (I'm lying), but you talk in such a flippant matter of fact textbook way that I can't take anything you say seriously. It feels like I'm reading O magazine or something.

Then you say you don't expect anybody to agree or comply or sympathizie with you which feels like some manipulation like you obviously really do want that- otherwise why even bring it up in the first place? It's like that funny video of the sex offender saying 'I won't touch your children, you don't have to worry' but why is he bringing that up to begin with lol. Not that you're a sex offender. Sorry that example was crude and dark and you probably value Fi and like text book niceties that I don't or something.

I would agree or sympathize (but never comply I have my limits) if I knew what I was agreeing or sympathizing with.... exactly. Because I find myself kinda disagreeing with most of things you say. "If you really like a person you'll find the time" - I think that's just too naive and ideal. Oftentimes irl you will really like a person but you just can't make it work logically and other things are ultimately more important in life than feeling connected.

I personally hate if the person holds a grudge against me if I don't show up for something because I was obviously priotizing something else. Ideally I'd want them to understand, forgive and move on instead of being like 'you didn't show up you don't really care' like some nazi weirdo or soap opera overly dramatic lunatic. It doesn't mean I don't care about them. Maybe it means I want things more equal and I can see through their narcissitic bullshit, or I want to be a narcissist and don't want to subject the other person completely because that's not fair to them, as I do really care.

So what I know so far: You want people to sympathize with you and you also want others to comply to your demands. That's like government Fi imo. Very ESI/EII way to be. Oh you self type as ENFp Delta. Nevermind. That would explain where the two-faced-ness comes in. Sorry that was harsh. But we are conflicting quadras after all. <3
    Don't forget age and experience, and Ti PoLR here mostly... It isn't going to be solid or logical.

A little better makes better more

The good news in knowing you are wrong is you are right

When slicing the pie, 22 over 7 is your true bread from heaven

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed we are having symptoms of addiction to each other.
    We start feeling depressed if we spend more than, say, 6 hours (? Needs further investigation) awake without contact. And I've purposefully tried staying away a little longer than usual, and the results are just as predictable as the sun rising in the morning. That is scary, because it implies dependence on each other. Now I think I understand when people say Duality is not an usual type relation: it's an introverted relation and it implies exclusivity/mutual lockedness
    Last edited by Hermes Trismegistus; 01-03-2024 at 02:49 AM.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little by little our conversations have shifted from Te/Fi focus to an Ne/Si axis, and I have to admit that is tenfold more satisfying for me. I can tell she's 100% free to tell me the most intimate things possible, everyday she's telling me all the dreams she's had the night before, and she is the only person I can listen to with interest in this regard. She has a strong focus on subjective sensory perceptions, like food talk, video games, the ardor in her body after playing volleyball, her free fire like dreams, her explanation about female routine. Everything sensation related suddenly looks interesting from her perspective. I believe our integration is complete now, and I can see her cognitive functions at play very easily. I'm starting to be able to predict her vulnerable points which could potentially lead to arguments, which tended to be due to my Ne-. We haven't fought since my last post, even though I had moments of prediction that things could potentially get tough. It's so rewarding the fact that I can make her lose track of time or burst into laughter by just speaking what's on my mind.
    At this point it's pretty evident we're opposite poles in the Ne/Si dichotomy. The yin yang vibe is pretty intense, but it took me a while to realize that with certainty.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The effect of your dual's dominant on your suggestive is very subtle sometimes. It's as though you don't feel any good or bad sensations when you discuss some aspect related to it in the moment. Later when you depart, your mind starts wandering back to that conversation and suddenly a nostalgic feelings overwhelms you. That means the only way to attract your dual is to give them space so they can notice the absence of their effect on you and vice versa. This is very cool.

For example, she is the only person I have religiously had long conversations every single day since october I guess, and even today after having talked to her in the morning and in the afternoon, I'm missing her right now, and I just can't talk to her because she's busy. She feels the same way towards me. So always end up chasing/pursuing each other alternatively, and I think it's healthier and more beautiful this way, it shows both care and it's reciprocal.

Note: as an extrovert, I get turned off by being chased, but since she's introverted, she feels insecure doing that extensively, which is a relief for me, and anyway I always know where we stand in relation to each other.

Love is beautiful
    Last edited by Hermes Trismegistus; 01-08-2024 at 11:49 PM.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving her advice doesn't seem very useful. Most of my solutions revolve around ego functions, which she is basically lacking. But whenever she comes up with a question, I usually have the answer. The best I can do is do the thing itself myself though. Giving advice on my ignoring function, and to a very lesser extent, giving directions with regards to her tertiary function are received well, but still I have to make things extremely simple.
    I have been trying to help her develop her super-Id in opposition to what is expected from duals, because that's what I'd like to receive the most help.
    We play a lot of games together, so I can help her stimulate her intuition of possibilities, and she absolute loves it.
    She also has a hard time remembering a lot of difficult and complex information from my strongest functions
    Last edited by Hermes Trismegistus; 01-16-2024 at 02:22 PM.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistus View Post
    Giving her advice doesn't seem very useful. Most of my solutions revolve around ego functions, which she is basically lacking. But whenever she comes up with a question, I usually have the answer. The best I can do is do the thing itself myself though. Giving advice on my ignoring function, and to a very lesser extent, giving directions with regards to her tertiary function are received well, but still I have to make things extremely simple.
    I have been trying to help her develop her super-Id in opposition to what is expected from duals, because that's what I'd like to receive the most help.
    We play a lot of games together, so I can help her stimulate her intuition of possibilities, and she absolute loves it.
    She also has a hard time remembering a lot of difficult and complex information from my strongest functions
    Thanks for documenting your thoughts thus far.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have evolved so much since I met her, I don't relate to a lot of things I had taken for granted.
    If you meet me in person now you'll probably think I'm a Te base type.
    I'm a hundred times more productive. And I feel I can accomplish a lot with so much more enthusiasm.
    I'm eager to escalate the social and financial ladder of success

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 months later, and I guess we have finally achieved complete comfort. She has for the first time given me a compliment (she doesn't know how to). And I still feel the same euphoric internal sensation that I felt the first time we had a 101 conversation. And it happens to both of us simultaneously. She said after today's convo, that she felt like running a marathon right now. It's incredible how things keep getting better over time, it's like my perspective on what is good keeps updating. I don't know how I would ever exchange this experience for any other type of relation. I'd state it as "ever growing happiness". Spontaneity, freedom, joy, euphoria, peace, comfort, mystery, entanglement, integration, fulfillment, miracle of fate.

TIM
    Huxley
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, since I feel my basic needs/aspects of life are satisfied, I've got enough courage to start my business/entrepreneurship venture. I just had this insight about training my sales skills, and I applied to work as sales executive for a billionaire company, and I was accepted. Now I've been working non stop (at least 10-14 hours everyday) and I don't ever feel tired. I feel that I have finally arrived at a work occupation that let's me take advantage of my two ego functions.

Now, it's an upward spiral to my life goals accomplishments.

I won't be writing as much here since I guess I have delivered enough about my feelings (this is a Fi based thread) in relation to duality.

Maybe I will come back, but don't expect me to.

Good luck guys!! Hope everyone find peace of mind and fulfillment in your dharma, Ikigai, life purpose and talent.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Duality is just a part of a hyopthetic guide that (ITR) that an Fi PoLR came up with in order to 'understand people' and 'how the functions work together'. I think that it's something that should be taken with a heavy pinch of salt from that point of view, and that to lean too heavily into it is naive idealism. It's not really rooted fully in reality, or tested thoroughly, and a lot of people use ITR has an excuse, rather than a rough guide (with minor possible truths) to interact with/not interact with people. And Duality has become that 'one true love' myth in the Socionics community. You need more than just 'duality' based on types for a relation 'to work' or 'make sense' in reality, if you want to go down that route.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12