Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow The Syria Question

US sends message to Iran with counterattacks in Syria - The Neoliberals at ABC News (go.com)

What started as a local protest movement in Syria's southern city of Dara'a expanded into a full-fledged civil war by 2012. ISIS, which grew out of al-Qaeda in Iraq, took root in northern and eastern Syria in 2013 after seizing swaths of territory in neighboring Iraq. The jihadist group is fighting to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime and establish a caliphate.

The Syrian Civil War has pulled in the United States, Russia, Iran and almost all of Syria's neighbors. It has become the largest humanitarian crisis since World War II, according to the United Nations.
    Ah, the Order of Nine Angles wants to start the Apocalypse now then. Well, if all ISIS wanted was a caliphate they could just move to Australia, since last I heard the Strayan Caliphate is doing fine. No, they just want to antagonize others because it is the O9A and related groups again, same as all the other lousy little terrorists.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if all ISIS wanted was a caliphate they could just move to Australia
    Why ?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    Why ?
    I was mostly just being sarcastic since many Australians who are Islamophobic say they're being invaded by Muslims and I wanted to see how long it takes the many geographically- and historically-illiterate Westerners of the type who get interviewed by Jimmy Kimmel to realize there's no such thing as the "Strayan Caliphate" and it's just an ironic reference to Australia.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    I was mostly just being sarcastic since many Australians who are Islamophobic say they're being invaded by Muslims and I wanted to see how long it takes the many geographically- and historically-illiterate Westerners of the type who get interviewed by Jimmy Kimmel to realize there's no such thing as the "Strayan Caliphate" and it's just an ironic reference to Australia.
    Alright I understood

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway

As a Syrian the only thing I want is to get out of this country

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyway

As a Syrian the only thing I want is to get out of this country
    Smart girl. There's no future there, with the water running out.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am tired of dealing with people who know that they live in unacceptable economic conditions, but they pretend that everything is fine just because they live in safety away from the military war.

I don't care about the parties to the conflict in any way, and I'm not good at predicting the ends in any case, so I don't know how the war will end ( If I remove from consideration the religious texts that I'm not sure of their correctness )

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Smart girl. There's no future there, with the water running out.
    It is not a water problem in my city, it is a problem of electricity, a problem of material prices, a problem of education, a problem of public services for citizens, a problem of buildings subject to collapse, a problem of many things

My INTx dad says that there is a future in it if the war ends, he also recommended me a certain branch in the university because it has a great future in the country

I don't disagree with him, his economical predictions are correct and they usually happen after a few years , but I can't see a near end either way

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1563 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is not a water problem in my city, it is a problem of electricity, a problem of material prices, a problem of education, a problem of public services for citizens, a problem of buildings subject to collapse, a problem of many things

My INTx dad says that there is a future in it if the war ends, he also recommended me a certain branch in the university because it has a great future in the country

I don't disagree with him, his economical predictions are correct and they usually happen after a few years , but I can't see a near end either way
    All of those problems you mentioned are a result of the war that is being fought there.

The war started when crops failed in the countryside and farmers had nothing to eat. The ruler of Syria started shooting the farmers who were complaining.

The crops failed because the entire region is drying out because of climate change. In the last few years before the civil war started (countryside against city people), the farmers had been encouraged to grow the very water-intensive crop of wheat for export. The wheat fields were watered by extracting water from the ground reservoir, which ran dry fairly quickly and won’t be replenished.

So Syria has no rainfall and no reservoir water and therefore can’t feed itself any more. Much of the wheat grown in Ukraine was stolen and shipped to Syria by Putin, because Putin supports the Syrian government because Syria still needs to pay Russia for a lot of military hardware it bought.

So, a lack of rain caused Syria to be unable to feed everyone, and when a country can’t feed itself or buy food from elsewhere, it must reduce the number of people.
    Because the Syrian government is racist and stupid, it is solving the food problem by killing people who want to eat.

Syria will recover when the rains return. I’m thinking that might happen in 5000 years. Or maybe not. There used to be tropical animals in that part of the world, seven thousand years ago, but the trend has been away from rain since then.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    All of those problems you mentioned are a result of the war that is being fought there.

The war started when crops failed in the countryside and farmers had nothing to eat. The ruler of Syria started shooting the farmers who were complaining.

The crops failed because the entire region is drying out because of climate change. In the last few years before the civil war started (countryside against city people), the farmers had been encouraged to grow the very water-intensive crop of wheat for export. The wheat fields were watered by extracting water from the ground reservoir, which ran dry fairly quickly and won’t be replenished.

So Syria has no rainfall and no reservoir water and therefore can’t feed itself any more. Much of the wheat grown in Ukraine was stolen and shipped to Syria by Putin, because Putin supports the Syrian government because Syria still needs to pay Russia for a lot of military hardware it bought.

So, a lack of rain caused Syria to be unable to feed everyone, and when a country can’t feed itself or buy food from elsewhere, it must reduce the number of people.
    Because the Syrian government is racist and stupid, it is solving the food problem by killing people who want to eat.

Syria will recover when the rains return. I’m thinking that might happen in 5000 years. Or maybe not. There used to be tropical animals in that part of the world, seven thousand years ago, but the trend has been away from rain since then.
    This is the first time I hear about that

Regardless of which of the two sides of the conflict is the oppressed, Syria did not face food crisis or water crisis before the war , as I remember. It even provided water to the Jordanian government a long time ago, when Jordan suffered from a drought.

Throughout the war, there was no major bread crisis , all bread crises ended in a short period (bread is the basic and most important ingredient) because the government was stockpiling a large crop of wheat that would suffice for years.

But we faced a crisis in other matters: high prices, a shortage of medicines, a shortage of medical equipment and other things that Syria was importing its production resources from abroad ( due to economic sanctions )

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol at ISIS.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post

lol at ISIS.
    ISIS probably just think it makes them the true believers. I heard they pick villages no one cares about just because they're mentioned as places in the Quran a couple of times. As that map shows, even al-Qaeda and Hezbollah don't do that. ISIS/DAESH be crazy.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    ISIS probably just think it makes them the true believers. I heard they pick villages no one cares about just because they're mentioned as places in the Quran a couple of times. As that map shows, even al-Qaeda and Hezbollah don't do that. ISIS/DAESH be crazy.

Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine are called " Bilad al-Sham " in Arabic

At the same time, Syrian call Damascus " al-Sham "

Quran mentioned some important religious sites for Muslims but they are in Palestine not in Syria

If there were holy places in the Syrian villages, Muslims would have taken care of them more , not only ISIS

But yes, ISIS are really crazy

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, the fruits of globalization:

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Ah, the fruits of globalization:

You talk like the globe just came into existence, and like there weren't IRA members in Iran, or the meme about samurai faxxing Abraham Lincoln.