Threaded View

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire Manatroid92

Hey all. New here, but have been researching socionics for the last 2 months or so.

Unfortunately I've been confusing my own type several times now, and I've just decided to bite the bullet and ask for some advice.

It's probably worth noting that I am on the autism spectrum, and also sometimes suffer from anxiety. I don't know if the latter is actually related to the IEs in anyway,
    but I'm mindful that the former might impact my own understanding of how the IEs relate to myself, if that makes sense.

Any, here are my answers to the questionnaire below.

What is beauty?
    I think beauty is kind of a subjective thing, but when I hear the term I typically think of physical beauty, though not always in the sense of people (ie. this person is beautiful, etc.). Things like sunrays peeking through on a cloudy day, gazing in awe at an extravagant house that I will never be able to own, a warm smile that is meaningful and sincere.

What are your most important values?

Kindness, sensibility, patience, stability, integrity, humility. I don't necessarily have all of these values, but they are ones that I aspire to.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs?

Daoism, I guess. Not a strict adherent to it, but I have a lot of respect for what it promotes.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I wait for the day when they're no longer a reality. Power doesn't mean much to me, at least I don't treat it as something to value itself.

What have you had long conversations about?

Often if I have long conversations, they will be with friends or family. Most of the time it will be about something that interests me, or at least brings me a closer connection to the person
    in question. So I don't really have a huge amount to say on that.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic?

Mm, not particularly. I don't really discuss it much unless necessary, or as part of a larger conversation.

What do you think of daily chores?

Well I don't like them, but they gotta be done sometimes, right? I can at least be inside my own head and think about things while I do them, and I feel a kind of satisfaction when I do them well.

Books or films you liked?

Typically science-fiction or fantasy stuff, and super-hero movies. I kind of feel a bit hesitant to say any particular ones here, though, in case I get ridiculed for them or something, haha.

What has made me cry?

Situations that made me feel like I was useless or had little worth. Those are the ones that make it difficult to not be emotional. But
    I tend to avoid crying unless I feel like I'm in a safe place to do so, I don't want to be seen doing it in public.

What has made me smile?

Baby animals, our cats greeting me when I get home from work, appreciating a moment of peace, and just general happiness/joviality.

Where do I feel at one:

When I stop and notice that everything is peaceful and harmonious.

What have people seen as your weaknesses?

Too easy to pushover, too timid, not thoughtful/considerate enough, not being aware enough of my surroundings.

What have people seen as your strengths?

I'm forgiving, understanding of others' faults, gentle/not wanting to cause harm to others, internally brave/perseverant.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Trying to figure out my talents, if I have any, and how to best use them. Wanting to be more useful.

Ever feel stuck in a rut?

Yeah, sometimes, kind of like now, haha.
    I play a lot of games in my spare time, and I think about trying something new (crocheting is one), but I feel hesitant about 'taking the plunge'.

Qualities I like in other people:

Bravery, composure, generosity, compassion, discipline.

Qualities I don't like in other people:

Greed, aggression without good reason, flaunting of status/power, violent.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns?

I would worry that I wouldn't be good enough to raise them, and didn't give them enough attention and love. Most of the time I don't feel that I would be good parent-material.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

I'd be taken aback inside at first, and my first reaction would be to feel disappointed and maybe a tiny bit betrayed. But I wouldn't tell them this directly, I would probably try and
    discuss things with them, and try to at least give them something else to consider.
    Quite often I won't open up to people about my own beliefs for this reason in particular, as I would rather not risk coming under fire if they thought differently.

Describe your relationship to society.

I'm kind of an average guy, I guess, trying to get by. Don't have much money and just trying to make ends meet. I would like to be able to contribute to society in some meaningful
    way, but I feel that I don't have the resources or energy to do so.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

If their general beliefs are in-line with mine, and we get along well, then I consider them friends.
    Depending on how close I am, I'll just joke around with them. If they're closer friends, then I'm much more willing to have more meaningful conversations with them.

How do you behave around strangers?

I treat them politely and positively, unless I'm in a really bad state of mind. I do my best to be patient with them, and I take into account that even if some people are behavingawfully, there might be some particular reason for it. That being said, I give them space, and I avoid them to prevent conflict.

Thanks for taking the time to read, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Manatroid92; 10-19-2021 at 11:40 AM.