Thread: Anyone here signed up for Gulenko's beginner course before?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone here signed up for Gulenko's beginner course before?

https://socioniks.net/article/?id=261

A friend and I are planning on going for Gulenko's online course. If by sheer chance you're went for it before, we're curious on how your experience has been! Some questions for thought:

1. Informativeness of the online course vs learning on your own (e.g. through socioniks site, G's book, community translations and discussion)?
    2. How fruitful do you think the online course actually is, vs attending lessons irl in Kiev?
    3. How understandable/helpful are the materials after you've translated them yourself?
    4. Any negative experiences, your initial expectations vs reality?
    5. To what degree would you consider the experience worth it overall?

Thank you very much :)

(also posted on reddit)

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scam intensifies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To think that spending money on socoincs will give you greater value I think is a huge illusion. Jack Oliver Aaaron just says 'I see' in all his interviews and doesn't offer anything really constructive in response. Gulenko is better than JoA but that isn't saying much. It's better to be vomited on than shat on- but I still don't want to be puked on.

Yes usually, in a generic sense- 'you get what you pay for' but buying a course on socionics isn't exactly the same thing as buying a diamond ring that would look good on you or whatever. And anyways that sort of half-truth is what scammers use to fuel their scams.

There is a lot of naive housewife-y type people that "socionists" are exploiting for money. If not socionics they would just spend their money on an Esther Hicks self help book or something though or Teal Swan's book. Nature culls the weak.

"bandd you are just some loser with Te polr and a minimum wage job- what do you know of true value?" But see here- I think Te polr is a type of thing that enables one to see what true value really is, just like how a LIEs Si polr helps them push toward the goal-line where others fail and give up. A type's polr is many times a hidden strength that way.

This sorta illusion around money surrounds Disney too- they are changing a whole bunch of crap with Te and making it a shitty park to go too- not that it was all that cracked up to be in the first place. By overcharging you so much money it makes a goy think they are getting a good service and that it is worthwhile but they are really just getting scammed. 'Disney Delta' indeed lol.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the only place where one should bother with such thing, is if they live in Russia, where there are literal Socionics degrees
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds interesting. Please tell us afterwards how it was. I guess it depends if you like G or not.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Sounds interesting. Please tell us afterwards how it was. I guess it depends if you like G or not.
    I'm not sure how to listen to a course given in Russian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    I'm not sure how to listen to a course given in Russian.
    It's conducted over skype, and if I'm not wrong it has a live translation feature. Additionally they'll send transcripts of each lesson, they're in russian though

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does this mean people get to argue with Gulenko?

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wmcbbyld View Post
    It's conducted over skype, and if I'm not wrong it has a live translation feature. Additionally they'll send transcripts of each lesson, they're in russian though
    Okay I got it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Does this mean people get to argue with Gulenko?
    If it's in the form of civil question-asking, lol

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko is so universally hated on this forum I can only perceive this as trolling lol.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D E M O N View Post
    Gulenko is so universally hated on this forum I can only perceive this as trolling lol.
    Yeah, there's a really strong mob mentality thing going on here. I think if someone had the intention to troll, there are much better tones to use than the one I'm speaking in. But at least I tried asking, in the communities I know of.