Thread: 'Ethics' vs Ethics - for the Last Time

Threaded View

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'Ethics' vs Ethics - for the Last Time

For the last time: socionics 'ethics' does not mean ethics - as in morals, and ethical types are therefore more moral than everyone else. I'm sorry, but no one should confuse this - and I could indeed be an ethical type, but I don't agree. It is simply flat out wrong to think that people who are immoral have some kind of superior logical skill over everyone else. The theory simply doesn't imply that. If it does, I am done with the theory. It doesn't mean strong likes and dislikes either, as those could be people who are Si who are (e.g.) really attached to certain sensations. With respect to Fi, it has to do with the deeper side emotionally, and deep, almost 'spiritual' feelings of connectedness with people and things. Fe has to do with lightening the mood, and people's spirits, etc. (*OR* something akin to what I wrote for each Fe and Fi in turn.) If the theory is saying that logical people are inherently immoral, I am done with the theory. That is simply the end of it for me...

EDIT:

Follow this:

"All logical people are inherently immoral." Then:

- If you consider yourself a logical person, then you can't be a moral person, because all logical people are not moral.
    - If you consider yourself a moral person, then you can't be a logical person, because you would have to be immoral.

There is clearly something wrong with that view...
    Last edited by jason_m; 06-09-2021 at 02:01 AM.