Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
Opposite and different quadra experience - It is miserable and you die a little everyday. No one understands you, and they don't understand what is important to you. They won't even understand your friends. Most of what you do is wrong if not all. There are some moments where you'll blow them away because they'll never expect you to succeed in any way possible. They'll always say "Wow, didn't know that you are capable of that. I thought you were [insert some negative trait here]. But they still don't understand you and still judge you deep inside. Good perception of you is short-lived and they'll go back to criticizing you on a daily basis. You'll always be "great person, unique, but..." to them. There will always be buts. Even if you get more successful and fulfilled than them, they will always say something negative about your approach to life.

But life goes on and your faith in yourself gets stronger.

The best approach you can do is to shut up and learn your weakness from them, or outsource your weakness while tuning out when they tell you to learn it/follow their approach in things.
I feel that first paragraph in my soul.