Thread: Psychedelics

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psychedelics

What's your take on them... are they pure biological process? A form of inter-dimensional mind-upload? A portal to higher planes of transcendence or the afterlife? A cultural-Marxist ploy to destroy 1950's conservative America? Discuss.

There is no god but Morgoth Grendel's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woo.

If you want a mind altering experience, just get worked up in ninety degree weather til you get a heat stroke.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Scanning people's brains while they take psychedelics and then report their experience seems like an interesting way to study consciousness.

cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    What's your take on them... are they pure biological process? A form of inter-dimensional mind-upload? A portal to higher planes of transcendence or the afterlife? A cultural-Marxist ploy to destroy 1950's conservative America? Discuss.
    You're just experiencing your brain breaking - a shifting and reordering/realignment of conscious awareness and attention. I guess you can garner spiritual insight from it but humans can do that with almost anything.

It is pretty cool to experience though (when it goes well).
    ἀταραξία

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who took DMT: did you talk to any entities?

On Castaneda: https://youtu.be/bZZpZjGnlBo

For anyone who took DMT: did you talk to any entities?
    What would you like to get out of it? Would you ask for guidance ?

Update: came across Robert Saltzman https://youtu.be/k3ZMVy_qf6o
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 01-16-2021 at 07:50 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    That guy looks either like a pushy ILE or a brain-fried SLE. I can see why IEI's sometimes go for ILE's. There are some who are hard to tell apart from Duals.

I started taking drugs because I wanted to explore different dimensions in space and time. I was never able to open the portal to different lands, but I did find out a lot about how the human mind works. Basically by selectively turning off parts of it.

I remember the first time I took acid. I was 18 and in the dorm, and my IEI roommate thought acid would be a great idea, while the SLE drug dealer wouldn't touch the stuff. Acid takes about 40 minutes from the time you swallow it to the time you start the roller coaster ride, and during that time, I had a few moments where I wondered if I was going to fuck up my brain forever. I then told myself that no matter how this turned out, I would still be me. And then the space- and time-warping started, and I suddenly had other things to think about.

I took it on a Saturday morning on an empty stomach, and was back to Earth that afternoon, and could pass for a functioning human being by Monday morning when classes started. But I wasn't quite the same. Lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If we are discussing psychedelics, I took a lot of acid, a lot of mescaline, and some psilocybin, and basically smoked weed and hashish continuously for a few years. They are all very different from each other in their effects. I never tried DMT.

I'll leave this post as a placeholder to describe my impressions of each of those drugs sometime when I have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I then told myself that no matter how this turned out, I would still be me.
    Cool that it occured to you to anchor in this safety

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I broke through on salvia for the first time the other day. I had only ever smoked weed beforehand (semi-regularly), but salvia is the most potent psychedelic, so it was an experience. It's pretty sobering as well (I don't think you can even have a "good" trip on it) but quite meaningful as a result. I still don't feel like I'm completely back in my body though.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cool that it occured to you to anchor in this safety
    It was a gift, thanks.

If I were recommending psychedelics, which I'm not, I'd say to start with a low dose of mescaline, maybe from the peyote cactus with the tufts removed, because it enhances feelings and colors and is kind of relaxing and it doesn't fuck your head like acid does. I mean, if the highest you've ever been on weed is 100 mm, then acid is about one or two meters. Mescaline might be 300 mm.

I should add that the acid I took was very pure. It even had a brand name. The first hit was about 900 or 1000 micrograms and I easily reached ego dissolution. If you're an explorer, this can be fascinating. If you are not, this can be terrifying.
    I initially bought 100 hits of the stuff and besides giving it away to friends, I threw acid parties where a bunch of people would drive out to a friend's cabin in the central hills of Ohio and we'd all take acid for the weekend.
    I kept increasing the dose I took, trying to open that portal, until I got to 3500 micrograms and boredom set in. "Yep. The walls are melting again and I'm unable to look like a functioning human for the next six hours. Boring. That's it."

After coming down from acid, I'd be a bit jangly and would smoke a few joints just to settle my nerves. Smoking that much didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever on my being high.

I'd also recommend being in a safe place with people you completely trust, because the unconscious defenses that you've built up since infancy against the intrusions of other people simply tend to come down, and you can imagine that neutral people could be bad and you couldn't defend yourself. Or maybe that's just my reaction. But a safe place is important.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 12-16-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy looks either like a pushy ILE or a brain-fried SLE. I can see why IEI's sometimes go for ILE's. There are some who are hard to tell apart from Duals.
    ISTj with a hell of a suggestive function.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Castaneda: https://youtu.be/bZZpZjGnlBo

I'm just curious about people's experiences, really.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone here with depression tried psilocybin?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I have not but,

The default mode thinking is walked away from internally and you can see your depression for what it is, without being the depression itself.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.
    "The society that separates it's scholars from it's warriors will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting by fools." ―Thucydides

Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hey, this reminds me a benefit of this forum is that I can just tmi cuz w/e. I tried acid for the 1st* (*except a weak dose i exaggerated about when I was 15) time a week or so ago. It was planned out well w very close and experienced ppl and I was gonna take 1/4 tab just to dip my feet. Then I was all basic and was like I can handle more, time passes, i can handle more, lol. 1.5 tabs and I was chillin w my vomit in a dark room. I'm not upset at myself for trying, but I don't plan on repeating myself. Fyi, I was influenced by studies about good things it might do in the brainz. I won't hunt them down but it was a quick Google.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Hey, this reminds me a benefit of this forum is that I can just tmi cuz w/e. I tried acid for the 1st* (*except a weak dose i exaggerated about when I was 15) time a week or so ago. It was planned out well w very close and experienced ppl and I was gonna take 1/4 tab just to dip my feet. Then I was all basic and was like I can handle more, time passes, i can handle more, lol. 1.5 tabs and I was chillin w my vomit in a dark room. I'm not upset at myself for trying, but I don't plan on repeating myself. Fyi, I was influenced by studies about good things it might do in the brainz. I won't hunt them down but it was a quick Google.
    During one of the acid parties in central Ohio, a girl spent some time vomiting on a guy's car. We TOLD her not to do acid on a full stomach. After a while, she got cleaned up and was back for more spacey fun.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acid is imho awful drugged out feeling. Its one train track type of drug, you feel one narrow thing.

Mushrooms are where its at.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlier View Post
    Yes.
    Was it you?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it you?
    I dont understand the question.
    "The society that separates it's scholars from it's warriors will have it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting by fools." ―Thucydides

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont understand the question.
    Yeah, it was you.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it was you.
    How do you know, Adam?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1023 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do you know, Adam?
    Not understanding a three-word sentence is a dead giveaway for drug use. Been there, many, many times.

a two horned unicorn renegade Chin Diaper 007's Avatar
    TIM
    mb ILE-H🄯 LE
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My take on those is bit doubtful because number of people think I'm using those already.
    Uncertified public verbal executioner of ESI. Tickets will be available soon.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Your life is too short to actually do anything useful with it without being wasteful.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be careful with that mix right there. Could be good, could be really bad. & when it's bad it's teeeeerrible.

The last time I did it was a few years ago during the absolute lowest point of my life and I was an emotional wreck in ways that I'd rather not go into detail on. 0 interest in ever touching it again. On the bright side, it was revealing concerning the lack of empathy of the person I did it with.
    ~we're just out here havin a good time~

TIM
    946 te polr
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd try mushrooms with access...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I'd try mushrooms with access...
    I suggest you eat more than a recreational amount. Go for 5 grams, or even 6-8.

Mushrooms are very easy to find, you can even order them online.

Just make sure you have the entire day off any responsibilities, and you have a place you can retreat to safely.

Having a friend nearby might be good, although for my myself, its not necessary. But, I've always been brave like that.

TIM
    Ne-LII (INTj) 5w4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were about four or five times I took them with any notable effects. Last time was about three years ago. It was with shrooms for the most part. I remember one occasion where I'd actually gone out to get a pizza after having about 3.5 grams or so. I felt like a total joke, but I didn't care. I would just stare at the starry screensaver on a nearby computer screen and be mesmerized by the surrounding lights while sitting at the place, before waddling back down the street like a weirdo. I'd also been reading Carl Jung at the time, and wondered if any of the internal visuals I recorded had anything to do with his idea of archetypes. I even brought it up with my psychiatrist, although he didn't seem all that keen to go there.

My two shots at acid were a different story. Definitely more vivid on the visuals. Second trip on it is especially worth mentioning. Had the kind of feeling you'd get if you'd just been looking at the ground your whole life, and then all of a sudden seeing the sky for the first time. Very "Olympian" type of energy to it, being high in the true sense of the word. Like death wasn't even a thing for me. Still had what might seem like dark turns, but not a bad trip.
    In fact, none of them so far have had anything I'd call definitely negative about them, even though my life situation had really been getting me down during my dabbling in it.
    Last edited by Kazaan2397; 01-08-2021 at 08:22 PM.