Page 183 of 184 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184 LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,320 of 7335

Thread: Typology Random Thoughts

  1. #7281
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    16,509
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice to see you again, @Rusal.

  2. #7282
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    16,509
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    Re ITR relations. Yes, Does Adam Strange feel i'm a benefactor at all? Good questions. Or other. I've yet to have SLI say we are duals here, or similar in that vein.
    @Distance, I believe that inter-type-related feelings don't carry well over text, but there are some impressions which do come through in any text.

    I can't say that I strongly felt you were a Benefactor from your writing; rather, I'd say that I agree with your self-typing and that causes me to attribute (amplify) ENFp characteristics to you. Some of those characteristics are those of a Benefactor, but they are a minor part of the image I have of you. Mostly, I picture you as a person who acts like a blend of the IEEs whom I know.

    I don't feel Benefitted by them, but rather I admire how nice, and how much fun, they can be.

  3. #7283
    The riddle of will godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Tell me what you want, so I can help you get it".

    I've heard that phrase somewhere yesterday. I don't remember who said it and in which context but it stuck in my mind for some reason. It sounds like something LIE or SLE would say to their dual, and really mean it.
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

  4. #7284
    A turn of the praise Distance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Xchange
    TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Posts
    2,068
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Fictional ENFJ ENFP romance interaction with Beebe model of functions.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

    Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

    Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow







  5. #7285

  6. #7286
    Not sensitive! SacredKnowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    ILE-H
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    If you can't describe and measure it via a checklist of properties, you don't know it.
    You can't take a checklist of dichotomies of size 2^N, increase N, and then gain some knowledge. That's relying on the Narcissism of Small Differences. And it is impossible to use LSE or SLE methods to gain omniscience.

    This is the reason why Big 5 can never be comprehensive BTW.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

  7. #7287
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    You can't take a checklist of dichotomies of size 2^N, increase N, and then gain some knowledge. That's relying on the Narcissism of Small Differences. And it is impossible to use LSE or SLE methods to gain omniscience.

    This is the reason why Big 5 can never be comprehensive BTW.
    There's no evidence that combinations of Jungian dichotomies increase precision. Rather, the opposite.

  8. #7288
    Not sensitive! SacredKnowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    ILE-H
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    There's no evidence that combinations of Jungian dichotomies increase precision. Rather, the opposite.
    Yes. That was my point precisely.

    Combinations of Jungian dichotomies => 2^N as n -> infinity => piling on small differences => invoking narcissism of small differences.

    And it is metaphysically impossible for any method that belongs to LSE or SLE to increase knowledge. That is why it is impossible for academia's favorite toy to tell you anything useful about personality.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

  9. #7289
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    Yes. That was my point precisely.

    Combinations of Jungian dichotomies => 2^N as n -> infinity => piling on small differences => invoking narcissism of small differences.

    And it is metaphysically impossible for any method that belongs to LSE or SLE to increase knowledge. That is why it is impossible for academia's favorite toy to tell you anything useful about personality.
    You seemed to be arguing that Socionics has greater descriptive and explanatory power than the Big Five, yet at the same time, you say it's not capable of describing a "type". So I fail to understand your point, precisely or in any form.

  10. #7290
    Not sensitive! SacredKnowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    ILE-H
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    You seemed to be arguing that Socionics has greater descriptive and explanatory power than the Big Five, yet at the same time, you say it's not capable of describing a "type". So I fail to understand your point, precisely or in any form.
    Yes.

    1. Socionics has greater explanatory power than B5.
    2. B5 by design is not capable of describing a type.

    Where's the contradiction?
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

  11. #7291
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I interrupt my hibernation to bring the latest: it's happened. Either someone has been fiddling with Gulenko's domain or he has actually changed his typing for one of the personalities featured in "type of famous people". The way I envisioned it happened is that his study group brought this personality up to debate and Gulenko evaluated new evidence and conceded. Third possibility: this person was misplaced the whole time and no one bothered to reassign him until now.
    Last edited by Rusal; 06-09-2024 at 05:33 AM.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

  12. #7292
    The riddle of will godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    I interrupt my hibernation to bring the latest: it's happened. Either someone has been fiddling with Gulenko's domain or he has actually changed his typing for one of the personalities featured in "type of famous people". The way I envisioned it happened is that his study group brought this personality up to debate and Gulenko evaluated new evidence and conceded. Third possibility: this person was misplaced the whole time and no one bothered to reassign him until now.
    Who are you talking about ? In which version of Dr.G's site (Russian/Ukrainian / English ???) did "it" happened ??

  13. #7293
    The riddle of will godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Rick and I share at least this point of view :
    I see a tendency for people here and elsewhere to assume that these three systems are all about the same thing, and that with a little bit of effort, they can be rephrased to arrive at a "common system" that combines all of them. People are saying MBTT is "wrong" because it doesn't take into consideration some things that socionics does. Socionics descriptions are "wrong" because they stray from Jung. Etc. etc.

    This is incorrect. The systems appear similar, but they are not the same. It is incorrect to say that MBTT descriptions are "not quite accurate," and that by "helping them out" with some socionics concepts, we will somehow improve their system. Or that by sticking to Jung's functional descriptions, we will "help out" socionics.

    Each typology is autonomous and stands on its own. The correctness of any assertion within any of these systems can only be judged from within that system.

    I will add that the validation of a typing in a given system by comparing it to its alleged correlated type in another system is a nonsense. It's like saying Volleyball and soccer are equivalent because they are both team sports that use a ball. Therefore one can't be an outside Hitter in volleyball if one is a goalkeeper in soccer, therefore you are one of the two or neither...



    Correlationism is tempting,it's seducing but one must resist it for it leads to the dark side of typology



  14. #7294
    A turn of the praise Distance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Xchange
    TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Posts
    2,068
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    @Rick and I share at least this point of view :

    Source : Jung, Meyers-Briggs, and Socionics Rant

    I will add that the validation of a typing in a given system by comparing it to its alleged correlated type in another system is a nonsense. It's like saying Volleyball and soccer are equivalent because they are both team sports that use a ball. Therefore one can't be an outside Hitter in volleyball if one is a goalkeeper in soccer, therefore you are one of the two or neither...



    Correlationism is tempting,it's seducing but one must resist it for it leads to the dark side of typology


    You two look alike in thinking, for sure. (I rummaged thru his threads before.)

    You might share his sociotype gs, via that splay and display of processing things, and sentiments.

    You once mentioned an affinity for the IEE member here, anndelise, too.

    You look more IEE given this.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

    Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

    Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow







  15. #7295
    The riddle of will godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    You two look alike in thinking, for sure. (I rummaged thru his threads before.)

    You might share his sociotype gs, via that splay and display of processing things, and sentiments.

    You once mentioned an affinity for the IEE member here, anndelise, too.

    You look more IEE given this.
    Yes, I agree there are indeed similarities.

    You know what, I think IEE might be it (but that's just between you and me, sir ! )

    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

  16. #7296
    A turn of the praise Distance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    Xchange
    TIM
    Spiritual eyes
    Posts
    2,068
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Yes, I agree there are indeed similarities.

    You know what, I think IEE might be it (but that's just between you and me, sir ! )

    You'll have biases for it and against, as you say type images, embedded.

    Adam will always give an introvert for you by his impression. You'll get IEI too, by others, and SEI by lavos. The sky is the limit. Almost.

    We at ameutur express deliver it less than best: wrong 1/2 the time, at the best.



    Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

    Taking thing at face value is good only for a spell

    Watch out for the quicksand, an hour glass isn't worth watching when the cook is done

    Pick a straw man, and you'll find a scared crow







  17. #7297
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Posts
    4,733
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    @Rick and I share at least this point of view :

    Source : Jung, Meyers-Briggs, and Socionics Rant

    I will add that the validation of a typing in a given system by comparing it to its alleged correlated type in another system is a nonsense. It's like saying Volleyball and soccer are equivalent because they are both team sports that use a ball. Therefore one can't be an outside Hitter in volleyball if one is a goalkeeper in soccer, therefore you are one of the two or neither...



    Correlationism is tempting,it's seducing but one must resist it for it leads to the dark side of typology


    I agree with this to an extent, however, I would add to this, some systems have things within them that make absolutely minuscule sense or have a bias in how they see things. Judging the accuracy within the system is valid, but you also must judge the accuracy of whether the system is right or wrong. You also have a lot of biases in how others type; often someone has confirmative bias and goes by their own experience of people, and when you’ve a bug in the system, like me with my autism and traumatic history, people are quick to say, “oh you remind me of other extroverts I know” or whatnot.. This is generally seen in Si and Se types, Se trying to go on objective experience based on observation and Si their own subjective experience from observation, of how it evokes things in their own database of internalized impressions and memory, making Si arguably the least accurate way to approach a system unless they’d experience with every infinite possibility..

    Generally it’s Si more. In all honesty, I haven’t really been mistyped by that many Se bases.. XSI’s I have though, maybe because they’re 4D Si? SEI, LSI, ESI and SLI have been the least accurate in typing me, now that I recall…
    @Muira ^

    I feel like Se base can be more objective because they aren’t going by a subjective introversive process, but I have seen Se bases take VI too far. (My boyfriend, for instance. But he goes by data of VI schools and is objective in his typings from that, it isn’t his own subjective way, that you see in some Si bases on this forum, present and banned)…

    I have actually noticed a seeming pattern that Je bases are the most accurate typists (Fe and Te), and also ILI, maybe because ILI is not only acute with patterns, but they have the Te to be objective (Se and Te present are most objective).

    These systems develop overtime and no system is with 100% accuracy as of now, it is in its formation to one day place into all the accurate parts. It is of importance to discern of whether something aligns with natural psychological processes, or if they are incongruent.. And also of how much bias an author has within their formation of a system and why.

    Si just may be the least compatible function with typology, aside from Te in the current form of typology (but not one day when it gets to a stage of collective application).. Si will always be the least compatible function with type, because without every known possibility through contact of its subjective, internalized experience, it will make assumptions to this experience of where someone falls within it. People aren’t rigid configurations you can break down to experience, and someone’s experience can delude them from being able to see someone’s actual type if that person equates in their own memory, that person to someone or something else they “remind” them of…

    All introverted functions are subjective, but I would dare say that Si is the most. It is literally based upon the most individualistic premise; one’s own compilation of experiences and sensoric impressions. Feelings, laws and logic and imagery and patterns can have their own subjectivity, but experience would fill the waters most deep.. This is how you get Si doms who completely bias in their own view of things with how they were conditioned.. It’s about how they see, hear, smell, and register these things, to a stored database of past internalized data that have deeply affected their memory and evoke conscious re-enactions of these.

    You can generally recognize an Si predominant in how they will drag on, “You remind me of X”, “You aren’t X like these people”, etc.. But it is SEI’s who would base on their own feelings and vibe of the person more than SLI, because the SLI will try and also look at data. They won’t ignore factual info, such as paperwork or the history of a person.. That would be the SEI that would.. And they’d freeze up when confronted on. They would replace their own mood and emotions evoked from a a stimulus with data, and would mistake that as “fact”. They would use their own emotions and Ti mob systemization to categorize the person, with no source or data or facts of the person. The IEI would base on raw patterns, not a subjective experiences. Whilst patterns derive from experience, they are more big-picture focused, and because Ni concerns time, they wouldn’t ignore history.
    Last edited by Braingel; 06-10-2024 at 01:28 AM.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).


    My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…


    Dragons:

    Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum



    My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

  18. #7298
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Posts
    4,733
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I’ve actually never really had an Se base that didn’t type me as a western IEI.. My boyfriend initially did EII, but he admits now that was mostly for aushura and he was being too pan jungian. It’s actually Se bases that have fought for me as IEI the most and SLE have even caught I’m their “dual” from VI. Like Leo, a guy named Ashton Martin you wouldn’t know, Tachi, this other guy from here, etc.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).


    My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…


    Dragons:

    Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum



    My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

  19. #7299
    haikus necrosebud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,558
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with/can see where you’re coming from, for everything but I don’t think you understand Te

    it’s not this paperwork or this or that facts really it’s a gestalt, a whole amalgamation of things that add up to information, whether it “makes sense” and maybe to a degree logic in general

    one paperwork is not the same as what a Te lead migjt necessarily consider rational. It is a fact that it exists and it says what it says yeah, but it’s one data point

  20. #7300
    sp854 Muira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    in ur mom
    TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Posts
    1,832
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I agree with this to an extent, however, I would add to this, some systems have things within them that make absolutely minuscule sense or have a bias in how they see things. Judging the accuracy within the system is valid, but you also must judge the accuracy of whether the system is right or wrong. You also have a lot of biases in how others type; often someone has confirmative bias and goes by their own experience of people, and when you’ve a bug in the system, like me with my autism and traumatic history, people are quick to say, “oh you remind me of other extroverts I know” or whatnot.. This is generally seen in Si and Se types, Se trying to go on objective experience based on observation and Si their own subjective experience from observation, of how it evokes things in their own database of internalized impressions and memory, making Si arguably the least accurate way to approach a system unless they’d experience with every infinite possibility..


    Generally it’s Si more. In all honesty, I haven’t really been mistyped by that many Se bases.. XSI’s I have though, maybe because they’re 4D Si? SEI, LSI, ESI and SLI have been the least accurate in typing me, now that I recall…
    @Muira ^


    While I understand what you are going. I think a better analogy would be sects of religion. For example, how Islam and Judaism seem the most similar, yet Christianity still bares its similarities as well in holy text and the order of conduct in beliefs and holy law. And even sects differ in ambiguity, some systems close enough to be considered the same, while others may be considered cousins in similarities in function. But the similarities stand by a large margin to which they may be grouped in as the same thing.
    Even most census of Jews see Muslims as heretics but not idolaters (and believing in the same concept of god, and rejection of the trinity besides modern day Unitarian Christians and 1-3rd century Christians), and Christians as both.


    From what I've seen, LSIs and SLIs can be generally better at typing than other 4D Si types, but it comes in hand with being more inclined to study the original source material. And I've seen most "ISTx" on this and other sites as mistyped. I know a genuinely good SLI typer, and he did go from typing me ESE, LSI, SEE, ILE, and to SLE, but the first 4 were purely just speculations and "vibe" checks and overall similarities and not official typings. However, he knew the proper methods of typing and was mostly way less blinded by arrogant judgements than most people. Which may go along with your belief in 4D Si types being bad at typing with low Te/Ti.




    I feel like Se base can be more objective because they aren’t going by a subjective introversive process, but I have seen Se bases take VI too far. (My boyfriend, for instance. But he goes by data of VI schools and is objective in his typings from that, it isn’t his own subjective way, that you see in some Si bases on this forum, present and banned)…


    I have actually noticed a seeming pattern that Je bases are the most accurate typists (Fe and Te), and also ILI, maybe because ILI is not only acute with patterns, but they have the Te to be objective (Se and Te present are most objective).

    The mistake many people make is that genetic appearance doesn't really correlate to one's TIM, at most sensors and extroverts having a more tense face due to perhaps potentially different hormone levels. However that too isn't a strong indication either. Even still, Aushura has stated that a TIM type can look vastly different basing upon different cultures mentioned in her Personality v Personality type article. So I maybe friendlier than other SLE's, etc, coming from my region which is known to be the friendliest region in one of the most stereotypically arrogant yet friendly country. And still, I am much less open and tolerant than my peers in general, though.


    Ej types are generally speaking accurate in judgement perhaps to their willingness to conform to the objective world, data, and consensus of the group, more so with Te bases, but EJ, overall.


    But please, let's now forget that good experience and critical thinking can counter low dimensionality.

    Generally, those who have an easier time taking in things, as they are more inclined to have more grounded or pragmatic judgements. And the ability to see things for what they are can be developed, just like pragmatism.


    These systems develop overtime and no system is with 100% accuracy as of now, it is in its formation to one day place into all the accurate parts. It is of importance to discern of whether something aligns with natural psychological processes, or if they are incongruent.. And also of how much bias an author has within their formation of a system and why.


    Si just may be the least compatible function with typology, aside from Te in the current form of typology (but not one day when it gets to a stage of collective application).. Si will always be the least compatible function with type, because without every known possibility through contact of its subjective, internalized experience, it will make assumptions to this experience of where someone falls within it. People aren’t rigid configurations you can break down to experience, and someone’s experience can delude them from being able to see someone’s actual type if that person equates in their own memory, that person to someone or something else they “remind” them of…

    I think this ties to how socionics is still considered a proto-science, and it's only until now with the revival and reconstruction of classical socionics is socionics getting any more accurate and serious, with an actual effort to standardize socionics.


    All introverted functions are subjective, but I would dare say that Si is the most. It is literally based upon the most individualistic premise; one’s own compilation of experiences and sensoric impressions. Feelings, laws and logic and imagery and patterns can have their own subjectivity, but experience would fill the waters most deep.. This is how you get Si doms who completely bias in their own view of things with how they were conditioned.. It’s about how they see, hear, smell, and register these things, to a stored database of past internalized data that have deeply affected their memory and evoke conscious re-enactions of these.


    You can generally recognize an Si predominant in how they will drag on, “You remind me of X”, “You aren’t X like these people”, etc.. But it is SEI’s who would base on their own feelings and vibe of the person more than SLI, because the SLI will try and also look at data. They won’t ignore factual info, such as paperwork or the history of a person.. That would be the SEI that would.. And they’d freeze up when confronted on. They would replace their own mood and emotions evoked from a a stimulus with data, and would mistake that as “fact”. They would use their own emotions and Ti mob systemization to categorize the person, with no source or data or facts of the person. The IEI would base on raw patterns, not a subjective experiences. Whilst patterns derive from experience, they are more big-picture focused, and because Ni concerns time, they wouldn’t ignore history.

    Seems like it would suck to make judgements and be SEI, are SEIs to SCS as EIE is to model G?


    Jokes aside, it makes sense as general inclinations, but it only happens with SEIs that haven't self-actualized or gained experience with their lower functions, etc. We should refrain from grouping experienced SEIs that break the pattern from pure theoretical SEIs and reality examples that fallow, especially since self-actualization and the breakdown of the neurosis causes the breakdown of mental barriers. Which I think can be individually done without a dual, or with conversations with multiple TIM times.

  21. #7301
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Posts
    4,733
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muira View Post
    While I understand what you are going. I think a better analogy would be sects of religion. For example, how Islam and Judaism seem the most similar, yet Christianity still bares its similarities as well in holy text and the order of conduct in beliefs and holy law. And even sects differ in ambiguity, some systems close enough to be considered the same, while others may be considered cousins in similarities in function. But the similarities stand by a large margin to which they may be grouped in as the same thing.
    Even most census of Jews see Muslims as heretics but not idolaters (and believing in the same concept of god, and rejection of the trinity besides modern day Unitarian Christians and 1-3rd century Christians), and Christians as both.


    From what I've seen, LSIs and SLIs can be generally better at typing than other 4D Si types, but it comes in hand with being more inclined to study the original source material. And I've seen most "ISTx" on this and other sites as mistyped. I know a genuinely good SLI typer, and he did go from typing me ESE, LSI, SEE, ILE, and to SLE, but the first 4 were purely just speculations and "vibe" checks and overall similarities and not official typings. However, he knew the proper methods of typing and was mostly way less blinded by arrogant judgements than most people. Which may go along with your belief in 4D Si types being bad at typing with low Te/Ti.







    The mistake many people make is that genetic appearance doesn't really correlate to one's TIM, at most sensors and extroverts having a more tense face due to perhaps potentially different hormone levels. However that too isn't a strong indication either. Even still, Aushura has stated that a TIM type can look vastly different basing upon different cultures mentioned in her Personality v Personality type article. So I maybe friendlier than other SLE's, etc, coming from my region which is known to be the friendliest region in one of the most stereotypically arrogant yet friendly country. And still, I am much less open and tolerant than my peers in general, though.


    Ej types are generally speaking accurate in judgement perhaps to their willingness to conform to the objective world, data, and consensus of the group, more so with Te bases, but EJ, overall.


    But please, let's now forget that good experience and critical thinking can counter low dimensionality.

    Generally, those who have an easier time taking in things, as they are more inclined to have more grounded or pragmatic judgements. And the ability to see things for what they are can be developed, just like pragmatism.





    I think this ties to how socionics is still considered a proto-science, and it's only until now with the revival and reconstruction of classical socionics is socionics getting any more accurate and serious, with an actual effort to standardize socionics.





    Seems like it would suck to make judgements and be SEI, are SEIs to SCS as EIE is to model G?


    Jokes aside, it makes sense as general inclinations, but it only happens with SEIs that haven't self-actualized or gained experience with their lower functions, etc. We should refrain from grouping experienced SEIs that break the pattern from pure theoretical SEIs and reality examples that fallow, especially since self-actualization and the breakdown of the neurosis causes the breakdown of mental barriers. Which I think can be individually done without a dual, or with conversations with multiple TIM times.
    Well, SEI has Te in a super egoic placement and super Id Ti and ESI Ti super ego and Te super I’d, but SEI has Ti in the show off placement of super ID and Te perfection polr, so it would indeed be the most arrogant of the 4D Si types in classification. The SEI serves its self for the Ti, it is for independent and unconscious use.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).


    My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…


    Dragons:

    Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum



    My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

  22. #7302
    The riddle of will godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've often said in this forum that I see my personality as a sort of chimera. It's like an amalgamation of all the people I admired in my life. I see myself a bit like Kakashi Sensei in that regard, a copy Ninja. I mean there are character traits and skills that I borrowed from people I admired over the years by imitating them and integrating them to my personality. These people are my heroes, the best teachers I had in my life from my childhood up to my 30's.

    I think that it's true for everybody to some extent, our influences are expressed through our personality. Maybe that's where inspiration comes from. To take a Jungian view of that phenomenon, I would say that I have integrated some archetypes already and that's maybe the reason why I easily connect with people. There is always a part of me that can see the perspective of the other and connect in a weird unconscious way. Indeed, I've noticed that adapting to other point of views, that accommodating thing happens automatically, I'm really not conscious of it.



    "Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit"

    Back in the days when I was less of a hikikomori that I am now, people would assume that I was thinking like them, that I had the same opinions, the same worldview at the end of a conversation. In reality most of the time I was not of the same opinion but that's what happens when you don't oppose to people on the ideological level. When you go with the flow, they assume that you agree with them.

    However, I would consciously try to not directly oppose people's worldview because it's their comfort zone. It's how they cope with the reality of the world, the one they perceive that is. Questioning the fundamentals of their worldview (which more often than is derived from an adherence to a belief system) is imho a form of gaslighting and a great danger for their mental sanity.

    Anyway, when we learn through the process of imitation we integrate some influences we are not even conscious about . For instance if you imitate Roger Federer style of playing tennis, you are not aware that his style is also an amalgamation or a construct made of different influences, different techniques he borrowed from Tennis players he admired. That is a form unconscious transmission/integration. If you are let's say a guitar player and you like Joe Satriani and learn how to play his songs, you are also learning stuff from Jimi Hendrix because Jimi had a great influence on Joe's playing. That's a form unconscious transmission/integration.

    Allow me to share with you the way I used to be like in my youth :

     



    Last edited by godslave; 06-11-2024 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Grammar and minor tweaks..

  23. #7303
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    Who are you talking about ? In which version of Dr.G's site (Russian/Ukrainian / English ???) did "it" happened ??
    Pavel Durov was formerly typed as EIE and he's now in the LSI category. And I'm positive not only about him being typed EIE previously but because since I got sort of back to Socionics after a some time being away I actually opened a few related tabs a few days ago and he was still there with the EIEs… only to be changed to LSI literally over this past weekend.



    Like I wrote, it could just be that he was always meant to be there and was sitting in the wrong category until Gulenko or someone insisted it be corrected when they finally got a hold of their webmaster.

    The addition changed the layout of the images so that Brad Pitt's pic now closes the gallery parallel to the row above. Which I bring up as an unofficial addendum that somewhat supports Gulenko's typing for him because one of his children came out rather harshly against him for ‘making his kids tremble in fear’ and ‘making their life a constant hell’. It’s all pointing not to an outburst but rather a prolonged subjection to traumatizing experiences and coincidentally LSIs tend to excel at that over any other type. Because they go from cold to dangerous anger in a second you never know what's coming and, insidiously, the paralyzing trauma of ‘not knowing what to expect’ eats away at a person's sanity, creating self-flagellation like victim-blaming in more extreme cases etc. Imagine what it's like for children. That's how LSI maintain the reins over their territory: by unconsciously regulating the peace of mind of ‘those below him’. The rest works itself out: the weaker parts will censor themselves, ultimately not deviate from the LSI's line of command. The fact that his kid topped it off with an accusation that Pitt, a 60 year old man, will never understand the damage he caused in his children because he doesn't care meaning: he's incapable of putting himself in other people's shoes and that points to (worst case, more apparent in LSI-Se maybe) Beta ST self-serving preset that he's gained no knowledge, no insight into other people's needs or workings even with 60 years under the belt.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

  24. #7304
    Disillusionment and acceptance qaz00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    undercurrents
    TIM
    Dual eyes
    Posts
    855
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Pavel Durov was formerly typed as EIE and he's now in the LSI category.
    EIE is possible, but I think IEE. LSI for him is idiotic.

  25. #7305
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I've often said in this forum that I see my personality as a sort of chimera. It's like an amalgamation of all the people I admired in my life. I see myself a bit like Kakashi Sensei in that regard, a copy Ninja. I mean there are character traits and skills that I borrowed from people I admired over the years by imitating them and integrating them to my personality. These people are my heroes, the best teachers I had in my life from my childhood up to my 30's.

    I think that it's true for everybody to some extent, our influences are expressed through our personality. Maybe that's where inspiration comes from. To take a Jungian view of that phenomenon, I would say that I have integrated some archetypes already and that's maybe the reason why I easily connect with people. There is always a part of me that can see the perspective of the other and connect in a weird unconscious way. Indeed, I've noticed that adapting to other point of views, that accommodating thing happens automatically, I'm really not conscious of it.
    godslave, you probably know your type but since I don't remember you claiming one, I must say what you wrote here leans heavily EIE.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

  26. #7306
    Ikite iru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,655
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why would an extrovert isolate himself from society not even seeking out common social interactions? You might as well claim Perelman is an extrovert as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

    If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

    Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

  27. #7307
    haikus necrosebud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,558
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know an EII-N and I genuinely think she might have better Ti than me

    she almost never talks unless spoken to, extremely obedient/shy, obviously intelligent, very very meek. I mean I am but she is more she seemingly doesn’t assert but again I don’t really know her that well yet

    extreme levels of patience too haha or that’s what it can feel like

    even if our thoughts or cognition might be similar there’s some behavioral differences

  28. #7308
    haikus necrosebud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,558
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wish I could delete typology from my brain aside from to whatever extent it is useful

    I don’t think polr has to fully be what it is human beings have inherent potential

    I’m not denying personality inclinations exist and that compatibility is a thing either

    it’s just too much artificial prediction I don’t like living like that

    I also wish I didn’t know some things so I can stop torturing myself with it (like oh ofc I wasn’t good enough for xyz type due to xyz flaws that ofc their dual would be so much more attractive to them blah blah) you see why I don’t want to live like this

  29. #7309
    Rusal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    1,070
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikite iru View Post
    Why would an extrovert isolate himself from society not even seeking out common social interactions? You might as well claim Perelman is an extrovert as well.
    Because EIEs need validation in their appearance and their competence. The underlying premise of the type so to speak is ‘I am not as attractive as’, ‘I'm not a professional as’, ‘as naturally popular as’ and their instinct to perform/copycat gets triggered around other people with whom interaction is a source of energy and image to reflect back at the world from which they project outward; this is how their extroversion expresses itself. This sense of inferiority puts them at odds with the world and might leave them feeling vulnerable like not able to perform. Overcompensating, they might decide the world as it is isn't working as it should so it's easier to dislike it from afar as approaching it puts them under stress to ‘perform appropriately’ and what that entails for EIE was written by godslave s/he stated s/he felt like a ‘chimera’. That's a strong term because even if people accept they've learnt from other people along the way, it's more likely for that to weigh more significantly on EIEs, enough that they underline it as a recognizable characteristic in themselves as godslave just did. The type most likely to post a .gif of a formless shape whose core is ironically is the ability to incorporate someone else's personality.

    from EIE Domain:
    EIE can also probably take on different personas

    Voroschenko - pathologies:
    EIE (demonstrative): displacement from psyche, uninhibited behavior, seeming sincerity, living into a role, impulsive reactions, need for recognition, vain behavior, attracts attention to self, self-pity, the martyr pose, gesticulation and mimicry, thoughtless line of conduct, "Penelope's complex". Penetration into the psyche of a person, ability to adapt to others, work in services sector may be a success. Suppression of own "I", ability to balance relationships, artistic abilities, sociability, willingness to serve. Egoistic strivings, failures and breakdowns in relationships, self-confidence, "escape into illness". Pathos - a form of behavior, emotional excitability, imaginative, may find recognition by outstanding creative achievements. Thought without restraint or limit, plays many roles in life. Bragging, adventurism, quackery, false marriages, charlatanism. Affectivity, theatrality, pretense, self-glorification.

    Reinin: Hamlet is an actor, and can easily change his states and images: try on one, then another, after another - for the EIE this constitutes is a method of discovering the world and experimenting with it. This continuity and wholeness of a situation for the EIE means continuous image of him/herself. Since this is a flexible, creative function for Hamlet, he/she can adopt various kinds of states, live in each state for a while, leave it, and take on a new state. If a Don Quixote says, I have understood!, a Hamlet says, I have lived into it! The EIE has to enter into and sample the state, live into a role or a character, which for him/her is very easy to do. That which is inaccessible to other types, for a Hamlet is normal behavior, within the framework of this type, within the extent of his/her creative function, that psychological space which a Hamlet usually inhabits.
    etc. If the EIE eventually gives up their ‘playacting’ and come to the conclusion that their search for perfection never going to bring them a sense of completion as its based on a ‘false’ persona that engages too much in their weak functions (meaning: trying to get from other people skills they think they do not possess themselves) or raised in a distant environment with more cold people to look up to then they break away and wrong self-typings can appear, as they are devoid of simulation props to 'make it' in life: then they can think of themselves a logical type, an introvert, etc.

    Gulenko on EIE:
    May choose the life of a recluse.

    EIE domain:
    There are so many different kinds of EIE that even other EIEs find them difficult to type. Their behavior depends on their mood and their mood and view of life depends on their upbringing. This is why EIEs can range from serious, sad and contemplative to extremely energetic and goofy happy. Their type traits can be extremely difficult to spot, hidden beneath their own self image.

    Funnily enough, even if reclusive some of them still have overly enhanced Fe and (unless someone points it out or stop to think about it) they don't realize how automatically in a situation where the are alone they place themselves in a scenario in their head and start acting out a situation with dialogue to their insides, facial micro expressions at times even leaking to the exterior) so even in reclusiveness they're reaching out to understand feelings, interactions and mold them accordingly, derived many times from archetypes, imaginary situations and relational models they get from external sources.

    @godslave, I'm only hinting at EIE because what you wrote is similar to what I did here a couple of years ago. So I kind of feel where you might be coming from.
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

  30. #7310
    The riddle of will godslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    Southern France
    TIM
    694 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,688
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Because EIEs need validation in their appearance and their competence. The underlying premise of the type so to speak is ‘I am not as attractive as’, ‘I'm not a professional as’, ‘as naturally popular as’ and their instinct to perform/copycat gets triggered around other people with whom interaction is a source of energy and image to reflect back at the world from which they project outward; this is how their extroversion expresses itself. This sense of inferiority puts them at odds with the world and might leave them feeling vulnerable like not able to perform. Overcompensating, they might decide the world as it is isn't working as it should so it's easier to dislike it from afar as approaching it puts them under stress to ‘perform appropriately’ and what that entails for EIE was written by godslave s/he stated s/he felt like a ‘chimera’. That's a strong term because even if people accept they've learnt from other people along the way, it's more likely for that to weigh more significantly on EIEs, enough that they underline it as a recognizable characteristic in themselves as godslave just did. The type most likely to post a .gif of a formless shape whose core is ironically is the ability to incorporate someone else's personality.

    from EIE Domain:
    EIE can also probably take on different personas

    Voroschenko - pathologies:
    EIE (demonstrative): displacement from psyche, uninhibited behavior, seeming sincerity, living into a role, impulsive reactions, need for recognition, vain behavior, attracts attention to self, self-pity, the martyr pose, gesticulation and mimicry, thoughtless line of conduct, "Penelope's complex". Penetration into the psyche of a person, ability to adapt to others, work in services sector may be a success. Suppression of own "I", ability to balance relationships, artistic abilities, sociability, willingness to serve. Egoistic strivings, failures and breakdowns in relationships, self-confidence, "escape into illness". Pathos - a form of behavior, emotional excitability, imaginative, may find recognition by outstanding creative achievements. Thought without restraint or limit, plays many roles in life. Bragging, adventurism, quackery, false marriages, charlatanism. Affectivity, theatrality, pretense, self-glorification.

    Reinin: Hamlet is an actor, and can easily change his states and images: try on one, then another, after another - for the EIE this constitutes is a method of discovering the world and experimenting with it. This continuity and wholeness of a situation for the EIE means continuous image of him/herself. Since this is a flexible, creative function for Hamlet, he/she can adopt various kinds of states, live in each state for a while, leave it, and take on a new state. If a Don Quixote says, I have understood!, a Hamlet says, I have lived into it! The EIE has to enter into and sample the state, live into a role or a character, which for him/her is very easy to do. That which is inaccessible to other types, for a Hamlet is normal behavior, within the framework of this type, within the extent of his/her creative function, that psychological space which a Hamlet usually inhabits.
    etc. If the EIE eventually gives up their ‘playacting’ and come to the conclusion that their search for perfection never going to bring them a sense of completion as its based on a ‘false’ persona that engages too much in their weak functions (meaning: trying to get from other people skills they think they do not possess themselves) or raised in a distant environment with more cold people to look up to then they break away and wrong self-typings can appear, as they are devoid of simulation props to 'make it' in life: then they can think of themselves a logical type, an introvert, etc.

    Gulenko on EIE:
    May choose the life of a recluse.

    EIE domain:
    There are so many different kinds of EIE that even other EIEs find them difficult to type. Their behavior depends on their mood and their mood and view of life depends on their upbringing. This is why EIEs can range from serious, sad and contemplative to extremely energetic and goofy happy. Their type traits can be extremely difficult to spot, hidden beneath their own self image.


    Funnily enough, even if reclusive some of them still have overly enhanced Fe and (unless someone points it out or stop to think about it) they don't realize how automatically in a situation where the are alone they place themselves in a scenario in their head and start acting out a situation with dialogue to their insides, facial micro expressions at times even leaking to the exterior) so even in reclusiveness they're reaching out to understand feelings, interactions and mold them accordingly, derived many times from archetypes, imaginary situations and relational models they get from external sources.

    @godslave, I'm only hinting at EIE because what you wrote is similar to what I did here a couple of years ago. So I kind of feel where you might be coming from.
     



    Thank you very much for your time and quite remarkable analysis, I'm speechless.

    EIE in model G is not far from the truth as far as I'm concerned (although I don't relate to some negative stuff like "charlatanism"). As a matter of fact, I've said recently that if I were to be typed by Dr.G he would probably type me as EIE rather than LSI (jokingly implying that Dr.G types people either EIE or LSI !).

  31. #7311
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    Yes.

    1. Socionics has greater explanatory power than B5.
    2. B5 by design is not capable of describing a type.

    Where's the contradiction?
    It can't have explanatory power if it isn't based on observation.

  32. #7312
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default



    This video mentions the study I've mentioned before about how people prefer to be with people with a similar personality to themselves, amongst other things about Psychology.

  33. #7313
    Ikite iru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    TIM
    LII-C
    Posts
    4,655
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    people prefer to be with people with a similar personality to themselves, amongst other things about Psychology.
    I have come to the same conclusion. it's unrelated to socionics. People simply seek out others who have similar personality characteristics and these are relationships that are the most stable from my point of view. If you are a realist or pragmatist, you simply won't get along with someone who pays more attention to empathy and being kind. If you are conservative, you won't get along with someone who is progressive. it's clear as day to me that these dynamics don't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    I have been thinking about what Alive was saying about everyone on here being IEI, and I conclude that he is right, or at least he is on to something.

    If Jung based his theories on the people he met in his life, even if he met more people than the average person, that means that he based his theories on a certain type of person. The type of person who might go to him for therapy or talks, or who might believe the esoteric ideas he was spouting at the time. Thus it's possible that he did not categorize all humans into types, but just made subtypes for a specific type of person. This overarching type of person is the same type that is heavily interested in theories of this kind, and whom Alive says is an IEI.

    Therefore, Alive is right. We are all IEIs with subtypes. With that, I'm off this forum
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ung-s-subjects

  34. #7314
    Not sensitive! SacredKnowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    ILE-H
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    It can't have explanatory power if it isn't based on observation.
    Yes it can. Someone who understands socionics theory from first principles can use it to construct any arbitrary AI. The reason why nobody does so is because it hasn't grown up to that point yet.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

  35. #7315
    haikus necrosebud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,558
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An LIE I know commented about another EIE saying, "I mean he's smart but he's an airhead...what is even going on up there?" referring to his absent-mindedness, scatterbrainedness and lack of structure, motivation or follow through of any kind, primarily with projects (I suspect)

    I keep thinking about it and find it more amusing each time

  36. #7316
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    Yes it can. Someone who understands socionics theory from first principles can use it to construct any arbitrary AI. The reason why nobody does so is because it hasn't grown up to that point yet.
    I don't think it qualifies as a theory. It's just a hodge-podge of ancedotes that people have, that they often change their attribution of and cannot agree on.

  37. #7317
    Not sensitive! SacredKnowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    ILE-H
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    I don't think it qualifies as a theory. It's just a hodge-podge of ancedotes that people have, that they often change their attribution of and cannot agree on.
    Socionics is based on the atomic theory of mind. It comes from Lloyd DeMause childrearing modes. What you perceive is its fluidity.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

  38. #7318
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    Socionics is based on the atomic theory of mind. It comes from Lloyd DeMause childrearing modes. What you perceive is its fluidity.
    If it isn't based on observation, it can't be called a theory. Theories attempt to explain what is observed.

  39. #7319
    Not sensitive! SacredKnowing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    ILE-H
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enters Laughing View Post
    If it isn't based on observation, it can't be called a theory. Theories attempt to explain what is observed.
    From Steven Dutch, professor emeritus of geology at University of Wisconsin-Green Bay:

    Quote Originally Posted by https://stevedutch.net/pseudosc/whattheory.htm
    A theory is any systematic and coherent collection of ideas that relate to a specific subject. It's easy to see that this definition applies to every single example of theories above. There's no requirement that the collection be demonstrated, and it can even be false, especially if we're speaking about the history of science. String Theory in physics is highly speculative, but it's still a theory.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

  40. #7320
    Subthigh Enters Laughing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Beijing
    TIM
    TMI
    Posts
    19,189
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnowing View Post
    From Steven Dutch, professor emeritus of geology at University of Wisconsin-Green Bay:
    He's wrong. From what I understand, so-called string theory doesn't qualify as a theory as it isn't based on observation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •