TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaime Lannister is probably SLE.

He’s not much like an SLI.

It’s kind of unusual for so many people to be insisting that someone is a specific type—the same type. Often it’s a clusterfuck and no one agrees.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    If you're asking whether Se types can be lazy and fat, then yes, I don't see why not. For them, leisure is about consumption rather than relaxation, though this distinction may not be easy to see in someone's leisure activities alone.

But socionics is not just about behavior, it's about motivations and how you conceive of the world. If you're set on being Si ego then LSE is far, far, far more likely than SLI. If Se is something you use automatically, without having it as a true priority, then it could be your demonstrative function.
    I believe you are correct actually. I found the idea of being an introvert very strange for myself. I am constantly interacting with external objects whether it's a person, computer, phone, book, consumption of the plant I enjoy so much or food it seems to be some sort of interaction externally. I can VERY rarely just sit there and do nothing. In fact that sounds like a really miserable thought to me. Even when I'm relaxing I'm usually playing a video game or reading something. Even watching a show with my friends or gf, I get up every here and there and do some stretches or foam roll.. I don't just sit there and relax like many Si valuers I know do. Maybe for 5-10 minutes until I get up to just walk around my apartment lol. My dad can just sit in front of the tv for hours eating seeds and using toothpicks without getting up. Sounds like a nightmare to me. Actually I suspect him of being SLI. It's just when I read the oldham and sociotype descriptions of ISTp I relate very much to the functional breakdown. However when I told my friends I might be an introvert before introducing this to them, they literally laughed and said no way, but after reading the descriptions they were starting to think otherwise.

So I'm definitely Se lead or possibly ESTj. Maybe I gamma Se? I don't try to climb or rise in hierarchies.. I think people that have to resort to titles like manager or supervisor to have power don't have real power. I prefer to have my own, rather than relying on superficial labels such as your position in a structured hierarchy. That's the only thing keeping me from 100% accepting ESTp. I am more about self power and mastering my mind. In fact if you are familiar with David Goggins I love all the stuff he says about mastering your mind and mental toughness and relate to a lot as well, guy is a complete inspiration for me. I actually built and toughed my mind similarly to how he did, so when I discovered him in the past few days I was in my complete glory listening to his story. I plan on buying his book as well. Hopefully this helps better into my perspective because I think you're right in that the motivation for things I do is personal power so others can't hurt me, even if a lot of my behavior seeks comfort. It looks to be a matter of what my Se is backed with, unless these previous things make me ESTj. I read quadra values with someone I'm friends with and they said I sound somewhat Gamma SF but a lot like Te Si under Delta on this article

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-Four-Quadra

so we read delta types and that's when I thought ISTp made sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    That sounds amazing to me.

I agree that you’re SLE lol and I like you. I also have many Si, SEE etc qualities.

And fwiw I typed as ENFJ under MBTI for a few years too in my late teens before I was shown Socionics and SLE descriptions by an IEI girlfriend of mine who used to come onto this forum.

It’s more complicated but if you’re interested in what explains the Si-ness, Bukalov gives SLEs +Si and -Se with signed functions. In other words we want to reduce negative aspects of Se and increase the positive impacts of Si even though we have Si in our Id and ignore it and lead with -Se. I think this leads to SLEs wanting control of themselves and force/violence in order to not create more needlessly. Gamma and delta quadra have +Se and it’s a different story.
    I was actually ENFP in MBTI then ENFJ.. Looking back now it's funny to me that I ever took MBTI seriously lol. Such a cop out version of socionics and Jung imo. But thanks haha. That's usually along the lines of how my days off go.

Hmm that article sounds very interesting, do you mind sharing the link?

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Jaime Lannister is probably SLE.

He’s not much like an SLI.

It’s kind of unusual for so many people to be insisting that someone is a specific type—the same type. Often it’s a clusterfuck and no one agrees.

I just rechecked the thread and you're right the typings are all over the place. I guess since the actor seems to be ISTp I was confusing it haha. But I always viewed Cersei as the ESTp between the two of them. He seemed like a Te ego to me but I suppose ESTp makes sense. FE HA his father criticizes him for being concerned with what people thought of his reputation
    Last edited by kingslayer; 03-01-2019 at 07:47 PM.