Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
I see what you're saying. I can be very talkative and very quiet. It depends really. Usually I'm talkative around people I like. But I definitely need alone time. I love to smoke weed at the end of the day and just kinda withdraw in my head when I'm high and either play a video game or read reddit or the socionics forum. When I travel I very rarely talk to people outside of who I am there with. In fact I get annoyed when outside groups try to talk to us most times. I love enjoying the scenery and culture of the new place I'm at.. Like I kinda just take it all in. My last trip was to Los Angeles with my girlfriend. We did stuff all day long. We never just really sat down and relaxed and spent as little time as possible in our hotel. Even on the beach I wanted to walk up and down the shore smoking my blunt instead of sitting in a chair. We were always driving to another beach or attraction to check out.
Here’s a good definition of Se “Introduction to Se

Extroverted sensing is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Se, F, volitional sensing, or black sensing. Se includes the ability to attain high level of awareness of the physical aspects of one's reality, to know how much physical force or power is latent or required, to be able to accurately estimate properties of material sort. Types that strongly value Se are much more comfortable taking concrete actions to change their physical surroundings. This may at times be perceived as disruptive and abrasive, particularly by Ne-types who feel that abrupt changes in their physical surrounding ruins their balance. In Se-quadras, interaction takes a more blunt and direct forms, resulting in a much strongly impacting physical atmosphere than Si-valuing types prefer. Se-types enjoy discussing possibilities but only if there is concrete gain from it, or it holds the potential to impact the "the real world". Unlike Si, which is about one's subjective sensory experience (how intense or enjoyable it is), Se is about achieving an object of desire. It gives one the ability to influence, bend, and push concrete situations and people in order to achieve such an object, rather than to subjectively assess the situation one is in.”

Yes when you travel if you are indeed and Se base you would be trying to gain awareness of your surroundings (you can see how that involves little talking and much observation giving way to confusion about one’s type). As far as pushing and bending that also comes with the degree knowledge that they feel comfortable in. My SLE friend is quite strongly assertive in the areas which she has a lot of knowledge otherwise she’s watching and learning and usually not in a combative mode.