Threaded View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Until they violate your boundaries and it turns out they do not meet your high expectations. Then you shut them out in the hoping this will make them repent. (With "you", I mean 'EII")
    CG...I met another EII recently. She said people often think that she's conceited at first meeting. I thought geez I'm not like this so what when wrong lol
    I don't think that I've ever turned anyone away. I have a large family, by that I mean 100 people at least. There are 100 types of characters among them and you can imagine the number of situations they've had and although I'm somewhat oblivious to most, my ESE sister never bothers to exclude me "hey did you know this happened to this person?" I always find myself shaking my head but never excluding them. I know I reference to my personal relationships a lot, well it so happens that I live in that small world. I have an SEI friend who I love dearly but she's an odd one. She uses people and gives her friendship to someone who could care less about her and she doesn't like my ethical talking so I'm sure she doesn't feel comfortable in my J ness. What I'm getting at is despite all of that I still maintain friendly relations and even put my ass out to help them. There have only been a few cases when I've let someone in my deep spaces and secret or rather sacred recesses of my being that I've scratched the person off for good. But I tend to not hold onto negative emotions for long. If that person apologized and purchased a copy of a book I lent him and he tore apart, I think I would continue to speak to him at a large psychological distance. I mean very large. VERY VERY LARGE...just "hi, bye, good day to you too." The great thing about Fi is that we can have relationships on all levels if we just recognize that and learn to communicate our energy level with others so we don't get overturned on the monopoly to our time...we need a bit of space...a lot of independence and freedom to create or engage in our hobbies.

The early forum was a good example of my level of forgiveness. I will not name names of people who were harsh, there were few..but those people are now and have been my friends for some time now. And, the ones who apologized never know how much I didn't hold it against them and how much I truly love them as people.

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    "Absolutely dead" is the baseline.

A world w/o people is a world that annihilates the person.

When someone takes care of themselves, they're taking care of their friend's friend too, the one with the most agency.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-06-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html