Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 47

Thread: Your parent's types

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Your parent's types

    Adam Strange (LIE) - ISTP, ESTJ
    aisa - ESFP, INTP
    Aiss (INFP) - , ESFJ
    Aleksei (ENFJ) - ISTJ, ENFJ
    Alstroemeria - ISFJ, ISFP
    Amber (ISTJ) - ENTJ, ISFJ
    Anglas (ENTJ) - ISTJ, ISFJ
    anndelise (ENFP) - ESFP, INFJ
    April - INTP, ENFP
    Aylen (INFP) - ENFJ INTP~, ISTJ
    Azeroffs (ENTJ) - ESTJ, ENTP
    Bane (ENFJ) - ENTP, ISFP
    bionic (ENTJ) - , INFJ
    Blaze (ENTP) - INFJ, ESTJ
    BulletsAndDoves (INFP) - INTJ, ESFJ
    calenwen - ESTJ, INFJ
    chips and underwear - ISTP,
    CILi - , ISFP
    Codie (INFP) - , ESFJ
    ConcreteButterfly - ENTJ, ESFJ
    Contra (INTP) - ESTJ, INFJ
    Crispy (INTP) - , ISFJ
    Cuddly McFluffles (ISFJ) - ISTJ~, ESFJ
    DaftPunk (ISTP) - , ISTP
    darya (ENFJ) - ISTJ, ENFJ
    dinki (INFP) - ISTP, ESTJ
    Director Abbie (ESTJ) - ENFP, ISTP
    DividedsGhost (ESFJ) - , ISFP
    Eliza Thomason (ENFP) - ISTP, ISFJ
    epheme - ISFP, ENFP
    EyeSeeCold (INTP) - , ESFJ
    Francesca Rose (INFP) - , INTP
    Galen (ENFP) - ESFJ, ISFP
    glam - ISTJ, ENFP
    golden - ESFP, INTP
    HERO (INFP) - , ENFJ
    inumbra - , ESFJ
    jewels (ENFP) - INTJ, ISFP
    Jenna (INFP) - , ENFJ
    Joven Erudito89 (INFJ) - , INFP
    JuJu (ENFJ) - ISTP, ESTP
    Krig the Viking (INTJ) - , INFJ
    lemontrees (ISFP) - ESTJ, ESFP
    LeShay (ESFP) - ISFP~,
    Logos (INTJ) - , ENFJ
    lungs (ISFJ) - ISTJ, INFP
    machintruc - ISFJ, ENFJ
    malna (INFJ) - INTJ, ENFJ
    Marie84 (INFJ) - ISTJ, ENTP
    Maritsa (ENFJ) - ESFP, INTP
    Martrix, The (ENFJ) - INTJ, INFP
    MasterfulMischief - ESTJ, ISFJ
    Mattie (ENFP) - INTP, ESFP
    meatburger (ENFP) - ISTJ, ISFJ
    Mediator Kam (ISFP) - , ESFJ
    mikemex (ENFP) - INTJ, ENFJ
    Nowisthetime (ISFP) - , ISFJ
    meals (ISTP) - , ISFJ
    Morcheeba (ENFJ) - , ESTP
    Myst (ISTJ) - INTP,
    Narc (ENTJ) - INTP, ISFJ
    NewBorn STAR (ESTJ) - ISFJ, ISFJ
    octo (INFP) - INTJ, ESFJ
    Persephone - ESTP, ESTJ
    Pink (INFP) - ENTJ, ESTJ
    PistolShrimp (INFP) - ESTP, ISFP
    Pookie (INFP) - ISTJ, INFJ
    Radio - ESFJ, ENFP
    Raver (ENFP) - , ESFJ
    redbaron - ISFP, INFJ
    ryoka14 - ISFP,
    Saberstorm (INTJ) - ENFP, INFP
    Saoshyant (INTP) - , ENFJ
    sindri (INFP) - INTJ, ISFP
    SisOfNight (INFP) - ESTJ, ESFJ
    Slacker (ENFP) - ENFJ, ENTJ
    Sol (ESTJ) - ISTJ, ESFJ
    Starfall (INFP) - INFP, ENFP
    strangeling - ESTJ, ISFP
    Subteigh (INFJ) - , ISFJ
    suedehead - , ISFP
    Supremacist (ISTP) - INFJ, ENFJ
    Suz (ESFJ) - , ISFP
    SyrupDeGem - INFP ENTP~,
    thehotelambush (INTJ) - ISTJ, ENTJ
    Typhon (ENFJ) - INTP, INFJ
    unefille (INFJ) - ISTJ, ESFJ
    Warlord - ESTP, ENFP
    willekeurig - ISTJ, ENFJ
    woofwoofl (ESFP) - , ESFJ
    Wynch (ENTP) - ESTJ, INTP
    xerx (ENTP) - ISTJ, ENFJ
    yellow82 (ESFJ) - , INTP
    Zed (INTJ) - , INFJ
    1981slater (ENTP) - ISTJ, ENFJ
    717495 - , ISFJ

    note:
    in '()' is generally the type a member thinks as own
    father, mother
    ~ - adoption parent
    LII=INTJ

    used:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-father-s-type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-mother-s-type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...our-Parents-in
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...n-your-parents
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-mother-s-type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Relationships
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...family-members

    types of brothers/sisters:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...er(s)-sister(s)
    Last edited by Sol; 06-24-2016 at 10:40 AM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    My dad is SEE (was)

    And, how do you trust that I've typed them correctly and that I haven't typed myself or MY mom hasn't typed me correctly?

  3. #3
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You forgot my favorite LSE @leckysupport

  4. #4
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eh, if I said ENFp at the time for my mom, I was wrong. She is much more likely to be INFj.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    how do you trust that I've typed them correctly
    I don't trust and only have writen what people said.

    You forgot my favorite LSE leckysupport
    I did not see data about his parents types.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  6. #6
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mother types me EII. You should trust her. She's only known me for 37 years and she has only known her other kids for a bit shorter than that. Also my dad has never been typed by anyone here. He's SEE

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fuck off or take me off of this list.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Fuck off or take me off of this list.
    Now you'll stay there with your real type forever.

    Also thanks, for showing here the native behavior fitting to the said type and contradicting to what you say about yourself. This information is useful.
    Last edited by Sol; 06-21-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Now you'll stay there with your real type forever.
    Good And here's my real typing of you forever

    @Sol SLE forever.

  10. #10
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,131
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LSI and EII
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  11. #11
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,730
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    EII dad xSE mom
    Last edited by maniac; 06-22-2016 at 07:41 AM.

  12. #12
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now it's (ISFJ) - INFP, ISTJ

    Edit: lol nvm I got sols join date mixed up with the post date hahahah
    Last edited by lump; 06-21-2016 at 11:08 PM.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    West Coast
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 478 sx/sp
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILE and SEI

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Now it's (ISFJ) - INFP, ISTJ

    ask again in another 8 years who knows what will happen !?!

    (holy shit it's been 8 years)
    I have no defenses. I wish that I were more like you, lungs.

  15. #15
    Haikus Persephone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The country of croissants
    Posts
    1,841
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mother self types LSE (she knows about socionics) and we both type my father SLE. The only other possible type for him would be LSI.
    My father's parents LSI and IEI. My mother's parents EIE and LSI.

  16. #16
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,627
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I have no defenses. I wish that I were more like you, lungs.
    I'm sorry I don't understand.

  17. #17
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Slightly creepy original post, but I still type my father ESFp, and my mother INTp. As a couple they were a great example of how being duals is no magic pill, but you could still see the duality at work.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    being duals is no magic pill, but you could still see the duality at work
    Duality is a kind of magic as has strong relation to unconscious. But there are also other things affecting relations besides types.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  19. #19
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Duality is a kind of magic as has strong relation to unconscious. But there are also other things affecting relations besides types.
    "Magic pill" means that duality is not always enough in and of itself. That means we agreed. So why correct me? I get very tired of your pedantic communication style.

  20. #20
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    "Magic pill" means that duality is not always enough in and of itself. That means we agreed. So why correct me? I get very tired of your pedantic communication style.
    Because he wants to be seen as competent and authoritarian/director

    I don't get tired of it but he hates me and types me EIE.

  21. #21
    Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    eastern U.S.
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am ENFp - Mom ISFj, Dad ISTp They were very stable and happy. Rarely ever argued, and conferred with each other on everything, and truly missed each other when they were apart (which was rare).
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........


    "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

    .
    .
    .


  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    "Magic pill" means that duality is not always enough
    It's never enough.
    Unfortunally Socionics was popularized by non-pscyhologists, but by journalists, esoterism fans etc. People did not read Jung's original source, while should. So they got information in the style of "yellow press" with simplification and exaggeration. In the style which validly reminded you popular esoteric stuff.

    So why correct me?
    Your statement was partly incorrect.

    I get very tired of your pedantic communication style.
    Such perception is common for Fe types of Te ones. While I don't like when people refuse evident things, what is common for Fe.
    Last edited by Sol; 06-22-2016 at 02:18 AM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  23. #23
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My mom seems Delta ST to me. Possibly ESTj. My dad is some sort of intuitive. The easiest category for him is Delta NF. One test put him as ENTj. This is based largely on their interactions with each other.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    My mom seems Delta ST to me. Possibly ESTj.
    I put sure concrete opinions and close to them. You may give tests to your parents and to think more about their types to get sure opinion. There is no time limit.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  25. #25
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I put sure concrete opinions and close to them. You may give tests to your parents and to think more about their types to get sure opinion.
    I did give them tests. Mom came out as LSE. Dad had variety. He has "strong" Ni and likes that Te. What are tests you think are good (enough)? Tests seem like only one option in a toolbox of typing resources.

    Why do you need sure, concrete opinions?


    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There is no time limit.
    Is it wrong I found this funny? I wasn't worried about time limits. But if I was, that'd be reassuring, yes, thank you.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    What are tests you think are good (enough)?
    I don't know about today English tests. Many years ago when I tortuted people near me by tests, including parents, I used dichotomy Gulenko's test with 72 questions - that was not bad and short. I printed questions, gave them to people, and then counted the answers. I don't know was it translated or not. Not many text, but the level of my English is below literary, so without "free talking" in English bi-lingual man the result will be similar to google's translator, what is not good to psychology tests. it's ok only for technical stuff. Tests help, give partly correct type, then you check close types and think what fit better.

    Why do you need sure, concrete opinions?
    Sure opinion means higher possibility it's correct. Concrete type - because such information is more interesting.

    Is it wrong I found this funny?
    The wrong thing was not to say sure opinion about concrete types, as did others. You need time to get those opinions. While you did not used it and said partly and unsure opinion. If you get fun, - it's good Better than to be depressed, at least.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  27. #27
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I don't know about today English tests. Many years ago when I tortuted people near me by tests, including parents, I used dichotomy Gulenko's test with 72 questions - that was not bad and short. I printed questions, gave them to people, and then counted the answers. I don't know was it translated or not. Not many text, but the level of my English is below literary, so without "free talking" in English bi-lingual man the result will be similar to google's translator, what is not good to psychology tests. it's ok only for technical stuff. Tests help, give partly correct type, then you check close types and think what fit better.
    Ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Sure opinion means higher possibility it's correct.
    I find your opinion here questionable. But, ok. It is your thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Concrete type - because such information is more interesting.
    Ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The wrong thing was not to say sure opinion about concrete types, as did others.
    There was a distinct lack of instructions here. I could do what everyone else is doing, I suppose. But why default to that? <-- rhetorical question, no need to answer if you don't want to, though an answer could be interesting I suppose

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You need time to get those opinions. While you did not used it and said partly and unsure opinion.
    I have had time (see my forum join date). It just hasn't been a high priority to decide what their types are. I find it more useful to determine friends' types.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If you get fun, - it's good Better than to be depressed, at least.
    Indeed. Depression is different from not having fun, though. But, anyway, yes, laughter is good for the soul. Find the joy in life.



    Also, I see no mention of VI or video typing in this thread. I am amazed and know not what to say.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I find your opinion here questionable.
    It's common opinion.

    There was a distinct lack of instructions here.
    Without special instructions it means to give similar data. All of which here is concrete types without signes of doubts.

    I have had time (see my forum join date).
    I said about future time, evidently.

    Also, I see no mention of VI or video typing in this thread.
    You are observant.

    When you'll get concrete sure opinions about your parents' types, there will be useful info you may write here. Get more fun.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  29. #29
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Minde sol just wants to be extra difficult today

    Maybe it's a test.

  30. #30
    2 EVIL I golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Several stories high
    TIM
    EIE prob 6
    Posts
    2,969
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Such perception is common for Fe types of Te ones. While I don't like when people refuse evident things, what is common for Fe.
    1. It was a foregone conclusion that you'd respond by saying this is about Te and Fe. So there was no need for you to point that out. But if we want to play the Socionics game, I suppose your Ni problems make it impossible for you to see why it's not necessary for you to nominate yourself Mr. Instructor. Maybe you literally can't ascertain what other people can see coming and think you have to point everything out to them.

    2. You have an especially severe case of know-it-all-itis. I was married to a Te-lead who is actually a professional pedant, and even he wasn't this bad. Come on, dude. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that cultural and linguistic barriers, including my own prejudices, may exacerbate the problem here.

    Since I also know you always want to have the last word, go for it. This is boring.

  31. #31
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,793
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    1. Maybe you literally can't ascertain what other people can see coming and think you have to point everything out to them.
    This is my number one pet peeve when working on projects with certain people with very low Ni - they always point out the obvious, offer solutions that you've already eliminated three days ago and to top it off they're super condescending about it.

  32. #32
    Jazz, Kisses, & Cigarettes Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    Between the Lines
    Posts
    492
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mom - ESTj
    Dad - ENTj

    Both of my parents are very masculine "go-getting" people. Both are extreme workaholics as well.

    Me - INFp (I would consider myself quite meek and feminine) .. Funny how that worked out, huh.

    B e a u t i f u l S i l e n c e ・ 。☆・

  33. #33
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    This is my number one pet peeve when working on projects with certain people with very low Ni - they always point out the obvious, offer solutions that you've already eliminated three days ago and to top it off they're super condescending about it.
    but but they are planning, reviewing, organizing and ordering the next steps in the process to what they will do or needs to get done

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Mom - ESTj
    Dad - ENTj

    Both of my parents are very masculine "go-getting" people. Both are extreme workaholics as well.

    Me - INFp (I would consider myself quite meek and feminine) .. Funny how that worked out, huh.
    you are very beautiful. How does that relationship work out? I can't see an ESTj with an ENTj although Russian literatures in socionics have written about it

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Both of my parents are very masculine "go-getting" people. Both are extreme workaholics as well. Me - INFp (I would consider myself quite meek and feminine) .. Funny how that worked out, huh.
    Yep. Some still overrate the role of parents personality in creating children's one.
    I know a family with both parents N-F beta and the child ESTJ. This probably costed to the child a little neurotization, and one of reasons for early marriage said by her was "to run away from home".
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  35. #35
    Jazz, Kisses, & Cigarettes Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    Between the Lines
    Posts
    492
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post



    you are very beautiful. How does that relationship work out? I can't see an ESTj with an ENTj although Russian literatures in socionics have written about it
    Why thank you hun, you're a beauty yourself.

    About their relationship - I'll tell you all about it.

    My parents relationship together was both extremely successful and an extreme failure, all at the same time. By success and failure, I am talking extremes on both spectrums.
    They were EXTREMELY successful economically. My parents came to the country that I was born in pretty much penniless. They were forced out of their home country due to chaos and war. Everything back home was destroyed, their only hope was to move to another country to start a better life.

    My Mother did not know a word of English. Luckily, my father was an academic and was ranked top in his English classes in his home country.
    They both worked very high labour, low paid jobs. Working every single day of the week, multiple jobs, the two were both money making machines. They both were very entrepreneurial, business minded. (Both my Mother and Father come from affluent entrepreneurial families). My Mother picked up English very quickly, which gave her an advantage in this country. She educated herself, did a lot of business planning, budgeting and research.

    Both parents are spectacularly good with money, budgeting, and planning. Before I go on and bore you about my parent's multiple business ventures.. Together, their undying hard work, great budgeting skills made them a power couple. ENTj and ESTj, both being so ambitious, strong, skilled, and hard working, were a great business team.

    Now for the extreme failure.. Both would also let their business ventures seep into their love lives. Constant arguing, bickering, and fighting at home is all I can really recall from the two of them.. Not to directly relate this to socionics and their type, because there are a lot of outside factors for their dysfunctional relationship.. Such as mental illness caused from stress and overwork, exhaustion, etc. So I guess you could say, what made them so monetarily successful, in itself destroyed the relationship.

    Both the ENTj and ESTj generally in Socionics are stereotyped as leaders and entrepreneurs. With two being in a relationship, there could only be ONE leader. My mother is the farthest thing from the stereotypical "submissive" Asian woman. She is much more a leader and powerful than a lot of Men that I've known. There was a power struggle between the two and that gnawed away at the relationship.

    My Mother ended up having an affair, and my Father was devastated. Of course, they are divorced.

    My Mother is holding a grudge against my Father, she's still bitter. She does not want to engage in another relationship with a man. My Father remarried and is still working 7 days a week. Lol.

    Sorry, this was quite long! I hope it gave you a good insight on the type of dynamic that I've experienced in my life having ESTj and ENTj parents.

    B e a u t i f u l S i l e n c e ・ 。☆・

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,109
    Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Both the ENTj and ESTj generally in Socionics are stereotyped as leaders and entrepreneurs. With two being in a relationship, there could only be ONE leader.
    The leadership in the sense of general power is the play of Se valued types only. ENTJ, having Se as secondary and weak function would not be too assertive in this. ESTJ just do what must and don't care about power as a value at all. So in relations of ENTJ-ESTJ can be often discussions and argue, - the reason is sharing by useful data and finding best solutions (Te region), but not competition for general leadership. Real conflicts are expected in Ni and Si regions, not Se one.

    There was a power struggle between the two and that gnawed away at the relationship.
    The main problem of similar types is the lack of support of weak functions. Such relations are closer to colleagues doing the same work, while for marriage is needed friendship.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  37. #37
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The leadership in the sense of general power is the play of Se valued types only. ENTJ, having Se as secondary and weak function would not be too assertive in this. ESTJ just do what must and don't care about power as a value at all. So in relations of ENTJ-ESTJ can be often discussions and argue, - the reason is sharing by useful data and finding best solutions (Te region), but not competition for general leadership. Real conflicts are expected in Ni and Si regions, not Se one.



    The main problem of similar types is the lack of support of weak functions. Such relations are closer to colleagues doing the same work, while for marriage is needed friendship.
    she is saying this from her perspective where you see the "Se". maybe they where two hard working people who didn't get along

    She stated key problems which were both were extroverts and worked tremendous hours without suggesting enjoyment and relaxing time.

    Her father didn't act like a friend more like an enterpriser who's focus was to generate money and sustain businesses

    -just helping you see it differently other side
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-23-2016 at 03:34 PM.

  38. #38
    Jazz, Kisses, & Cigarettes Pink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    TIM
    Between the Lines
    Posts
    492
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    she is saying this from her perspective where you see the "Se". maybe they where two hard working people who didn't get along

    She stated key problems which were both were extroverts and worked tremendous hours without suggesting enjoyment and relaxing time.

    Her father didn't act like a friend more like an enterpriser who's focus was to generate money and sustain businesses

    -just helping you see it differently other side
    Now that you mention it, I don't believe the two perceived it as a power struggle as much as I did. At least it's how I interpreted my parent's situation.

    Anyways, I feel that ENTj fits my Father well. He is future thinking, always emphasizing to me the importance of my future and to learn from the mistakes of my past. The man cannot relax or stay still for even a minute, which is why he is a heavy chain smoker. If anything could be the epitome of si-polr, it is my Father. He does not understand the concept of just relaxing. "Time is money" - That's what he'd always tell me. And oh yeah, going to the doctor's? Nope, no way. My father had no concept of that. He would wheeze and cough to death, being such a heavy smoker. Going to the Doctor's, though? Nah, that was just a waste of time and effort. He held no value to his health, he'd rather spend the time focusing on work. It still amazes me.

    My Mother (ESTj) is more health conscious. She rarely eats, but she is a great and innovative chef. She visits the Doctor's regularly. She could be considered anorexic, though. The woman barely eats. She can barely ever relax too, but not to the extent of my Father. Both are extremely extroverted and active people.

    I sometimes wonder if this is why I struggled to understand my type. I always felt so alien and helpless compared to my parents. Both were extreme control freaks who would control every aspect of my life. My Mother is that type of Mother who tries to handle all of my finances/planning in my life (Controlling Ej temperament). My Father sacrifices his time to work to raise as much money for my family to express his love.

    I have picked up habits from the both of them though. I tend to work as much as I can, I have a need for control and planning, I have difficulties relaxing (Because of how looked down upon it was in my household), and although I have a great love for food, if I am too focused on work, I'll survive on 4 hours of sleep, vitamins, and water only. I don't know if it's engrained in me or if it was a learned behaviour, maybe both. Also, although my parents were successful, they did not care for material goods. They would often wear the same clothes everyday. I also wear the same thing everyday, all black. It's just easier that way. That is why I never understood my type, as now I'm away from my parents, I'm learning that without having them around to control me, I am a pretty controlling person myself.
    Last edited by Pink; 06-24-2016 at 01:49 AM.

    B e a u t i f u l S i l e n c e ・ 。☆・

  39. #39
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,540
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Now that you mention it, I don't believe the two perceived it as a power struggle as much as I did. At least it's how I interpreted my parent's situation.

    Anyways, I feel that ENTj fits my Father well. He is future thinking, always emphasizing to me the importance of my future and to learn from the mistakes of my past. The man cannot relax or stay still for even a minute, which is why he is a heavy chain smoker. If anything could be the epitome of si-polr, it is my Father. He does not understand the concept of just relaxing. "Time is money" - That's what he'd always tell me. And oh yeah, going to the doctor's? Nope, no way. My father had no concept of that. He would wheeze and cough to death, being such a heavy smoker. Going to the Doctor's, though? Nah, that was just a waste of time and effort. He held no value to his health, he'd rather spend the time focusing on work. It still amazes me.

    My Mother (ESTj) is more health conscious. She rarely eats, but she is a great and innovative chef. She visits the Doctor's regularly. She could be considered anorexic, though. The woman barely eats. She can barely ever relax too, but not to the extent of my Father. Both are extremely extroverted and active people.

    I sometimes wonder if this is why I struggled to understand my type. I always felt so alien and helpless compared to my parents. Both were extreme control freaks who would control every aspect of my life. My Mother is that type of Mother who tries to handle all of my finances/planning in my life (Controlling Ej temperament). My Father sacrifices his time to work to raise as much money for my family to express his love.

    I have picked up habits from the both of them though. I tend to work as much as I can, I have a need for control and planning, I have difficulties relaxing (Because of how looked down upon it was in my household), and although I have a great love for food, if I am too focused on work, I'll survive on 4 hours of sleep, vitamins, and water only. I don't know if it's engrained in me or if it was a learned behaviour, maybe both. That is why I never understood my type, as now I'm away from my parents, I'm learning that without having them around to control me, I am a pretty controlling person myself.
    It would be difficult to be raised by a Conflictor and a Supervisor. You have my sympathies.

    I can see why your parents fought. My own mother is ESTJ, and I have a really hard time being around her. She was always "Do what I said or GTFO". No explanations, and no questioning her allowed, Basically, Hell on Earth. The only "'good" part was that the family ran smoothly as long as she got her way in everything. That meant, never criticize her in the slightest, and never question her actions, even when she was hitting you in the face.

    I still have a hard time working with ESTJ's. I can appreciate their talent for perfecting things, but I will never allow another one to dictate any part of my life again.

  40. #40
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    2,540
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Sol, you can add "Adam Strange (LIE), LSE mother, SLI father" to your list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •