Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
@mrrrmaid oh yeah and I thought of one more thing. It's at the bottom of the post
ooooh this is actually really helpful because it took me a while to figure out what I'd do in that situation so I had to dig deep.

I think in a LTR I wouldn't let him embarrass himself if I knew his plan was going to fail (maybe wouldn't stop him doing the thing but would try to suggest ways to avoid failing) and if he did fail my help would be in the form of a pep talk (less "it's okay, I love you and think you are great regardless" and more "it's okay because next time you can do this instead") and build an action plan with him instead. All of which seems more Ni-Se than Si-Ne. I think I already mentioned either in this thread or to you in a different one that a previous bf complained I didn't reassure him enough (even going as far as to say he wasn't sure I even liked him anymore - which I did). I assumed he was more capable and self-assured than he was. I think he was a caregiver and a lot of it was coming from me not showing appreciation for what he was doing for me - hence why he also suggested I was bratty