Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marina Diamandis (Marina & The Diamonds)

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

H-SEE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think she's SEE.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

She considers herself an introvert, which I think would be unusual for a SEE type (essentially one of the most extroverted types). EIE or IEE may be more likely from the extroverted types.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is a very calm person and doesn't seem to live in the moment like SEEs usually are ==> IEE more likely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    any thoughts on her type?
    not base Fi. mb Fe type

P.S.
    When I'm not regularly active (< 1 post per a week) it's better to limit by significant questions (alike "what's type. here's my video") which do by pm. The answer in such situations may be done not soon. While notifications I may miss out.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She seems to like talking about Ni matters, if I remember correctly (though I can't always identify Ni too well)...

Maybe EIE? I can also see IEE, though I don't know how well Ni ignoring fits her. Imo, she's an NF type who has the volition of a stereotypical SEE, which is another reason I'm leaning towards EIE more.

I used to really take comfort in her music.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    She seems to like talking about Ni matters, if I remember correctly (though I can't always identify Ni too well)...

Maybe EIE? I can also see IEE, though I don't know how well Ni ignoring fits her. Imo, she's an NF type who has the volition of a stereotypical SEE, which is another reason I'm leaning towards EIE more.

I used to really take comfort in her music.
    In promoting the release of the song, MARINA herself gave a shout-out to all those personality types who simply don’t “do well” around people, regardless of how large or small the group may be. Whether it’s because they’re highly sensitive people (or “highly emotional people,” to use a MARINA song title) or they’re too easily drained of energy when forced to “commune” with others a.k.a. listen to all their usual bullshit about the horrors of being human. Thus, she stated, “Dedicated to the introverts, empaths, socially anxious + those who feel overwhelmed with life most of the damn time.” Ironically (and just like Miley with her own commentary about changing the second she puts out a song), MARINA also added, “The weird thing is… I wrote ‘Happy Loner’ in Jan 2020. And now I can’t relate to it anymore but that’s the great thing about music. It can have a transformative quality. I’ve changed many aspects of my life just by writing or listening to a song and acknowledging a problem. Anyway… not a lot of music out there on this topic so I hope the song serves as a little support for people who are going through a tough spot.”

MARINA is a self-confessed introvert despite her ostensible sociability (as showcased now and again on Instagram), declaring as much during a virtual “after-party,” of sorts, for her online concert Ancient Dreams: Live from the Desert. During the Q&A, MARINA explained, “I am an introvert which means that the way that I restore my energy is by, like, being on my own.”

Ethical, irrational, intuitive - IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    In promoting the release of the song, MARINA herself gave a shout-out to all those personality types who simply don’t “do well” around people, regardless of how large or small the group may be. Whether it’s because they’re highly sensitive people (or “highly emotional people,” to use a MARINA song title) or they’re too easily drained of energy when forced to “commune” with others a.k.a. listen to all their usual bullshit about the horrors of being human. Thus, she stated, “Dedicated to the introverts, empaths, socially anxious + those who feel overwhelmed with life most of the damn time.” Ironically (and just like Miley with her own commentary about changing the second she puts out a song), MARINA also added, “The weird thing is… I wrote ‘Happy Loner’ in Jan 2020. And now I can’t relate to it anymore but that’s the great thing about music. It can have a transformative quality. I’ve changed many aspects of my life just by writing or listening to a song and acknowledging a problem. Anyway… not a lot of music out there on this topic so I hope the song serves as a little support for people who are going through a tough spot.”

MARINA is a self-confessed introvert despite her ostensible sociability (as showcased now and again on Instagram), declaring as much during a virtual “after-party,” of sorts, for her online concert Ancient Dreams: Live from the Desert. During the Q&A, MARINA explained, “I am an introvert which means that the way that I restore my energy is by, like, being on my own.”

Ethical, irrational, intuitive - IEI
    Oh, that's very informative! I know she's an introvert but the quotes about her mutability I haven't seen before. Or well, I think I've heard her talk about it perhaps, but maybe I ignored or forgot about those subjects she's addressed.

Yes, now I can see IEI as well.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many EIE/IEE identify as introverts so it's not really that simple.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    Many EIE/IEE identify as introverts so it's not really that simple.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I can see IEI for her, but I personally feel like she has more Se… enough to be EIE. I can understand why others say she’s SEE (she seems to have high volition) but interviews with her show that she is more likely an intuitive.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I think she might be sx 4w3, not 3w4. Sx 4s can seem very competitive and driven to succeed and be admired like 3s, but the reason for their competitiveness isn’t a mere desire to be seen as successful; rather, it’s a feeling of lack and needing to fill that hole within themselves by being the champion in some area they believe will fulfill them. But no matter how far they succeed in this area, it’s never enough for them. I believe I see this pattern a lot in Marina, particularly around the beginning of her career.

Marina doesn’t seem to want to suppress her emotions and passions to be successful, but rather, she embraces them and familiarizes herself with her anger, depression, and envy in order to succeed. I guess you can still argue she’s a 3 since you could say that such emotional outpour is expected of an artist, but sx 4 seems more fitting imo.

”Cuz I feel like I’m the worst so I always act like I’m the best!”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently she self-identifies as IEI

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarinaDia...70914926452737
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE / IEE
    Last edited by nifl; 02-10-2023 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any Ni valuing in her tbh. I see Fi though and she isn't SEE. She is simpler and take things more lightly than EIEs I have known. She might have seemed to have high volition before in her 20s because she probably was just stressed and depressed (not meaning it's Se valuing) as she couldn't fit in the music industry and was basically trolling them lol. She seems also a genuine person, like she says what ever is on her mind and is spontaneous, and she doesn't do it for attention or to make an impression. She is just like that. So my vote is again for IEE.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    I don't see any Ni valuing in her tbh. I see Fi though and she isn't SEE. She is simpler and take things more lightly than EIEs I have known. She might have seemed to have high volition before in her 20s because she probably was just stressed and depressed (not meaning it's Se valuing) as she couldn't fit in the music industry and was basically trolling them lol. She seems also a genuine person, like she says what ever is on her mind and is spontaneous, and she doesn't do it for attention or to make an impression. She is just like that. So my vote is again for IEE.

She's quite a charmer.
    Likely not an introvert anyways, they're more boring.

@Alive
    It it was a dichotomy test, then the result 'INFJ' corresponds to EII, not IEI. 16personalities one is possibly the most popular (first in Google search today, at least), and is a dichotomy test.
    Last edited by nifl; 02-11-2023 at 08:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12