Thread: How does Fe/Fi valuing types see each others?

Hybrid View

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    I may be new to this signs stuff but the list I got is different:
    Types with -:SEI, ESE LSI, SLE, ILI, LIE, EII, IEE
    Types with +: ILE, LII, EIE, IEI, SEE, ESI, LSE SLI

I think the lists you have are the right & left rings or is there different interpretation of the signs?

There are many different versions and interpretations on the +/- stuff out there.

I am relying on this, which I deem to be the most accurate take on it so far:

I am not sure whether I am actually allowed to share this content, so... Handle it with care, ha.

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    There are many different versions and interpretations on the +/- stuff out there.

but if someone says type X has +Fe & the other says no it has -Fe, then we can't use signs in typing

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    but if someone says type X has +Fe & the other says no it has -Fe, then we can't use signs in typing
    Well, I am assuming the graph you have shown is about what Gulenko called the "spin".
    It is simply a different way to look at the functions. Gulenko's current interpretation is rather about the "positivism" and "negativism" of IEs in the Reinin sense, more or less.

Here is a sample of how the IEs in their +/- "express themselves" in the specific Quadras. But note how for example for the Beta Quadra only the +Fe kind (of IEI and SLE) is being mentioned. The full description would also involve the -Fe kind, that is being used by EIE and LSI. So be aware of the fact this overview is incomplete.

This overview basically describes the valued IEs and their expression of the following types:

Alpha: -Fe of SEI (and ILE), -Ti of LII (and ESE), +Si of ESE (and LII), +Ne of ILE (and SEI)

Beta: +Fe of IEI (and SLE), +Ti of LSI (and EIE), -Se of SLE (and IEI), -Ni of EIE (and LSI)

Gamma: -Fi of ESI (and LIE), -Te of ILI (and SEE), +Se of SEE (and ILI), +Ni of LIE (and ESI)

Delta: +Fi of EII (and LSE), +Te of SLI (and IEE), -Si of LSE (and EII), -Ne of IEE (and SLI)
    Last edited by Olimpia; 12-31-2016 at 11:12 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post

I am not sure whether I am actually allowed to share this content, so... Handle it with care, ha.

Can you actually say that you don't do all, or most, of the following at one point or another though?

Next, V.V. Gulenko writes:

Basing on the proposed placement of signs of functions, we can decipher the meaning of each of combination. Socionic functions ... carry, in our view, the following semantic content:

+ Fe - positive emotions, joy, merriment, emotional elation, excitement, a smile, laughter, enthusiasm, optimism, good mood, the experience of happiness;
    − Fe - negative emotions, grief, sorrow, sadness, emotional recession, depression, crying, tears, frustration, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of unhappiness;

+ Fi - good relations, love, friendship, affection, attraction, warmth in relations, sociability, close psychological distance, goodness, compassion;
    − Fi - poor relations, hatred, animosity, antipathy, repulsion, indifference in relations, alienation, unsociability, remote psychological distance, wickedness, mercilessness;

+ Ne - prospects, opportunities, positive potential, core meaning, essence, principle, new ideas, advancing hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusual, fantastical, hopefulness;
    − Ne - hopelessness, alternatives, negative potential, meaninglessness, absurdity, paradox, the forgotten and the old, insight, mediocrity, commonness, repressed possibilities, reality, disbelief, sensation[hit];

+ Ni - future, change in the situation over time, prediction, premonition, gradual development, evolution, gradual ascent, the dynamics of change, the flow of time, imagination, harmonious description, subtle step-by-step changes, convergence, confluence;
    − Ni - past, accounting for errors, avoidance of danger, anxiety, a worrying premonition, a warning, the ripening of a crisis, revolution, a leap in time, ability to hedge against troubles, sudden shifts, discordant description, the moment of decisive action, divergence, deviation;

I believe these would be all the 3 and 4D functions of an IEI. His separating them like this seems kind of pointless and limiting.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Can you actually say that you don't do all, or most, of the following at one point or another though?

Next, V.V. Gulenko writes:

Basing on the proposed placement of signs of functions, we can decipher the meaning of each of combination. Socionic functions ... carry, in our view, the following semantic content:

+ Fe - positive emotions, joy, merriment, emotional elation, excitement, a smile, laughter, enthusiasm, optimism, good mood, the experience of happiness;
    − Fe - negative emotions, grief, sorrow, sadness, emotional recession, depression, crying, tears, frustration, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of unhappiness;

+ Fi - good relations, love, friendship, affection, attraction, warmth in relations, sociability, close psychological distance, goodness, compassion;
    − Fi - poor relations, hatred, animosity, antipathy, repulsion, indifference in relations, alienation, unsociability, remote psychological distance, wickedness, mercilessness;

+ Ne - prospects, opportunities, positive potential, core meaning, essence, principle, new ideas, advancing hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusual, fantastical, hopefulness;
    − Ne - hopelessness, alternatives, negative potential, meaninglessness, absurdity, paradox, the forgotten and the old, insight, mediocrity, commonness, repressed possibilities, reality, disbelief, sensation[hit];

+ Ni - future, change in the situation over time, prediction, premonition, gradual development, evolution, gradual ascent, the dynamics of change, the flow of time, imagination, harmonious description, subtle step-by-step changes, convergence, confluence;
    − Ni - past, accounting for errors, avoidance of danger, anxiety, a worrying premonition, a warning, the ripening of a crisis, revolution, a leap in time, ability to hedge against troubles, sudden shifts, discordant description, the moment of decisive action, divergence, deviation;

I believe these would be all the 3 and 4D functions of an IEI. His separating them like this seems kind of pointless and limiting.

Types primarily use the preferred +/- of the IEs.

Besides that, one can and does more or less often use the opposite "pole" of the strongest functions (Lead and Demonstrative), according to Gulenko.
    Because, when you are very competent at an IE, you will be able to employ its opposite "pole" more easily.

What that means, is that IEI will primarily use +Ni and +Fe for most situations, and sometimes use -Ni (or possibly -Fe if strong Fe subtype) if the situation calls for it.
    After that, the IEI can and does use -Fi, and possibly +Fi (strong Ni subtype tries to focus more on Ti and will be more suppressed in this area.)
    After that, the IEI uses -Ti and/or +Si (depends on subtype – strong Fe subtype might use +Si a bit more often in comparison) within limits.
    After that, the IEI might use -Ne, but because it is "Ignoring" this won't occur too often.
    The rest will mostly not be "used" or "employed" much at all. But that's just my take on it.

To sum up:
    (primary focus of the subtypes)
    IEI-2Ni: +Ni, -Ni, +Fe, -Fi, -Ti, -Ne
    IEI-2Fe: +Ni, +Fe, -Fe, -Fi, +Fi, +Si
    Last edited by Olimpia; 12-31-2016 at 06:08 PM.

*********** 21-04-19: