View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

17 20.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.70%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.23%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 20.99%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.23%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 9.88%
  • LIE (ENTj)

36 44.44%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Elon Musk

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of Elon Musk as a borderline personality type (between neurosis and psychosis) with a lot of hereditary wealth. He behaves very manically and goes for extensive periods of time without sleeping in addition to having been sent to rehab for his drug abuse and being a Twitter addict. He's absolutely disagreeable and mean, but he's not a strong individual. You can be a strong individual without being mean too, but I generally just see those dimensions as being perpendicular since of course you can be dominant and be mean too even if you can also be dominant and nice. That's also why I didn't self-type as an 8 in enneagram, because they're just described as reactive, if someone hits them they hit back but they don't use their minds at all to control themselves so they probably end up in prison which is the least dominant place anyone could ever be. Being easily goaded or provoked is the least dominant way to be.

If you're mean in a reactive way that's not very dominant, and Elon is entirely a creature of reaction in my opinion. Hence I see him as one of the least dominant individuals imaginable. His life's goal is literally to have a computer replace his brain so he can sit back and watch the show without even understanding anything and this is an extremely strong argument for Elon not being remotely dominant. I don't want a computer in my brain because I like having control and being able to perceive reality and behave autonomously. I'm also not addicted to drugs or Twitter or any of the other things he is.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's neurotic and sperg lordie. A control type, and on the spectrum.

No empathy, and fights for self aggrandizement in competitiveness.

Narrowing to the self.

What you see is what you get from that.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

-Logical type and speaks slowly of his fi role but does not show strong emotional expressions for it to be strong.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expansion View Post
    He's neurotic and sperg lordie. A control type, and on the spectrum.

No empathy, and fights for self aggrandizement in competitiveness.

Narrowing to the self.

What you see is what you get from that.
    Basically. I just don't really view neurotics as dominant, much less ones who want to literally put computer chips in their heads to destroy their autonomy. Disagreeable as all get-out, yes, "dominant," not at all. the16types.info: where we go to argue semantics. Kind of boring.

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol ew

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LxI Te is actually 3D, where as ones suggestive is a 1D element.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    wants to put a computer chip in his head "for humanity."
    He literally wants an AI deep inside him controlling his every thought so he doesn't even have to think.
    He wants a machine to be inserted deep into his brain, taking away his free will and his ability to even perceive reality so he can be in the Matrix
    His life's goal is literally to have a computer replace his brain so he can sit back and watch the show without even understanding anything
    I just don't really view neurotics as dominant, much less ones who want to literally put computer chips in their heads to destroy their autonomy.
    Can you repeat the point a couple more times? I didn't get it the first five times.

Elon Musk has the problem that almost all people in his position face. he's surrounded by yes-man engineers who cream their pants every time they hear something positive from their idol. nobody is really challenging his ridiculous ideas and considering the overwhelming praise he gets on a daily basis for how "genius" his mediocre ideas are, he likely developed narcissistic tendencies.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pol Pot might of been SLE but they do look similar

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he may be EIE instead as some things point to Fi ignoring and Te role, which is maybe what we are seeing

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched this and it hit me just how shit @ Te the cyber truck is. Its all high concepts and looks and no practicality. Those recessed head lights would be impractical and dangerous as hell in the winter, as snow gets stuck in them.Beyond engine capacity, this truck is horrible. Based on this alone, I would not type Elon Musk ANY Te type. "logics of actions". Where's the logic in having a single screen control panel in the centre of the dash where you need to take your eyes off the road? Where is the logic in having no storage capacity for a spare tire? Where is the logic in having no rear view mirror? Where is the logic in having no door handle and a door covered in dirty finger prints? Where is the logic in the stupid window wiper that doesn't even clear the entire window of rain? (and therefore snow and ice?). Where is the logics of actions in having a truck that can't do anything a truck can do? The rusted metal on a brand new vehicle? Just read the comments in the video... lol. This confirms it for me actually. Get this guy into the other 8 Ti types. I'm actually still okay with typing him ISTj, which I did years ago.
    Last edited by timber; 04-20-2024 at 05:31 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to type him, but he feels very contradictory in my mind. I don't know why or what it means, if anything. But I like this calculator, https://zhilkin.com/socio/en/. I don't know how Reinin came up with these. I know it's mathematically based on adding dimensions to types, like saying IXTx types share certain traits or something, but I don't know why the categories were inferred. Does anyone know?

If I pick
    Logical - I think everyone sees this.
    constructive - in interviews he has a tendency to be emotionally jarring with the person interviewing him. It feels uncomfortable and awkward, even just watching.
    Obstinate - I think this fits him. Once he has an opinion, he sticks to it. It might be a big problem for him.

it leaves SLI and ILI. That is kind of funny because I can kind of see Fe polr more than anything else. And LSI would be the neurotic path for ILI according to the Benefit Ring. Oops, no it would be ILI is the neurotic path for him being LSI. So that's interesting.
    Last edited by squishycans; 04-20-2024 at 06:55 AM.
    cya

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Watched this and it hit me just how shit @ Te the cyber truck is. Its all high concepts and looks and no practicality. Those recessed head lights would be impractical and dangerous as hell in the winter, as snow gets stuck in them.Beyond engine capacity, this truck is horrible. Based on this alone, I would not type Elon Musk ANY Te type. "logics of actions". Where's the logic in having a single screen control panel in the centre of the dash where you need to take your eyes off the road? Where is the logic in having no storage capacity for a spare tire? Where is the logic in having no rear view mirror? Where is the logic in having no door handle and a door covered in dirty finger prints? Where is the logic in the stupid window wiper that doesn't even clear the entire window of rain? (and therefore snow and ice?). Where is the logics of actions in having a truck that can't do anything a truck can do? The rusted metal on a brand new vehicle? Just read the comments in the video... lol. This confirms it for me actually. Get this guy into the other 8 Ti types. I'm actually still okay with typing him ISTj, which I did years ago.
    That's Te for a customer. Te for a CEO is making profits by whatever works. With the Cybertruck, practicality was sacrificed for aesthetics, and I don't think making such a product is incompatible with being Te ego. There are many cases where clearly inferior products get popular because people seek novelty. Forums are dying because everyone moves to places like Discord or Reddit, where, from my Te perspective, interfaces are way less suitable for a serious discussion. And with things like clothes, practicality is usually low on the list of priorities for a customer. Every type can be aware of that and design their products to profit from people neglecting these Te qualities when making purchase choices, especially intuitives focused on trends.

TIM
    4w3 so/sx
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more interviews I watch with him, the more I lean LSI

TIM
    EII-3Fi, 154, SxSp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either ILE or LIE, and he seems to have EJ temperament rather than EP temperament, so I guess LIE.

He's really weird, though. Can somebody guess his enneagram, instict stacking, etc.?

Edit: his relationship with Grimes is somewhat surprising, since she's an IEI, but it's not like supervisors and supervisees can't end up together...

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His remark about Tesla not being a car company was objectively correct. Tesla is not any more of a car company than Amazon is a retailer company.
    Last edited by SacredKnowing; 04-26-2024 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Added "objectively"
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213