Thread: Plus/Minus by Victor "El Diablo" Gulenko

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    If +Ni is expressed in the id function then it is clearly unvalued. I have no qualms with that statement, as it would support what I said earlier about valuing -Ni over +Ni.

Gulenko who designed this system, believes that +Ne and -Ni are expressed together as a single function. -Ne and +Ni, etc. +Ne and +Ni would never support each other and would be anti-complimentary.

He also believes that the 7th function is as much of a PoLR as the 4th, in that the person almost completely ignores input from it. If +Ni is in the ILEs id, then an ILE would have little use for it.
    I don't know a lot about +/- nor the notations and how it is derived too well. I could be wrong about the +Ni. I think the notation I have seen is based on function blocking. T with N, S with F etc... Whether or not it's switched for unvalued functions I'm not sure. Is there a article about how the notation is derived for the functions?

I don't disagree with having -Ni either, it's just in this particular case these two descriptions fit me somewhat.

As a whole I accept that real development is both linear progression followed by breakthroughs, but I definitely want to be involved in breakthroughs myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could somebody who understands this explain in their own words how does "+Ni" differ from "-Ni"? ..tcaud?

Found this article: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...function_signs

Quote Originally Posted by Filatova
    Intuitive introtim: Esenin (lyricist) TE Balzac (critic) TP

Esenin manages to long endure troubles left over from his past, he was capable of foreseeing the foreboding of large dangers, global cataclysms, synthesizing the obscure presentiments soaring in the air. The sign of function is therefore minus.

Balzac - a meticulous and scrupulous pedant; on the basis of close observation of the behavior of people and the flow of events he is capable of forecasting the development of a situation. He is the supporter of sequential change; his intuition is thus inclined towards analysis rather than synthesis, and its sign is correspondingly plus.
    Last edited by xkj220; 12-02-2009 at 02:35 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus and minus functions in this article are not very clear; It would be nice if someone shares an article with the detailed plus and minus functions.

Personally, I agree that, for example, -Ne and +Ni functions sustain each other as a single function and +Ni and -Ni are opposites. This makes more sense to the entire system. In this way, in a supervision relation positive communication isn't just from the 2nd function of the supervisor to the 1st function of the supervisee. Actually, The supervisee would prefer the first function of the supervisor because this function is the same as the 8th function of his dual.
    With this said, I think it is possible to divide valuing functions like this:

Valued functions: These are all the functions having the appropriate plus or minus signs as the dual and the identity. For example, an ILE would value (+Ne;-Ni), (-Ti;+Te), (+Si;-Se), (-Fe;+Fi)
    Unvalued functions: These functions are all the functions with the opposite sign; In ILE's case it would be: (-Ne;+Ni), (+Ti;-Te), (-Si;+Se), (+Fe;-Fi)

Of course, this is just a theory I thought about but I would like to know what do you people think of this.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whecto View Post
    Plus and minus functions in this article are not very clear; It would be nice if someone shares an article with the detailed plus and minus functions.
    There is ongoing debate in russian socionics community on how these signs should be assigned, and once assigned how to interpret them. In Gulenko's model +/- assignment follows quadra values. All types within the same quadra are attributed the same signs (link). In School of System Socionics model, dual types are assigned opposite +/- signs i.e. if SLI has +Te as creative function, then IEE is attributed -Te as corresponding activating function (pic, article). They've claimed that Gulenko's original model doesn't match their observations of the types, and that it makes more sense for dual types should have opposite signs (opposite signs attract, same signs repel). Which one of these ways of attributing +/- is more accurate is still an open topic for discussion.