Page 103 of 163 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,120 of 6489

Thread: Delta Lounge

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone watching the olympics? thoughts?

I really dislike NBC's coverage choice for the reason that it makes American even more self-focused on a blatantly international event.
    But they do a good job of making it more accessible as an actual sporting event, which perhaps is good.
    I just wished they showed more non-US and GB things....

And weren't so uptight about what was shown and when.

That said, they're getting great ratings, so it seems to be working for them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    No luck with the mirror?
    No, the ones we found were too expensive and didn't meet her budget.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, do you think performing non-harmful 'pro' wrestling moves (like a suplex) on pets is animal cruelty? What about on friends?

I'll open that one up for discussion... details later...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    No, the ones we found were too expensive and didn't meet her budget.
    So what are you gonna doooo?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Where is the real delta music, and by real, I mean the real delta music, UDP?
    Seems like they've been misplaced.

We'll need a group of adventures to heroically travel to Delta Land, acquire the samples, and then restore order to the universe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So what are you gonna doooo?
    She's an ESE and she has hibernation tendencies and does not like to expand energy looking for things; she would rather stay in. She gave me the measurements of the mirror and if I come across it when I'm out and about I'll have to call her, like I usually do, for her to come and pick it up. I'm very happy with the chairs that I got for my place. This new place I'm in is modeled after a french theme, the last was more of a sea scape and oceanic theme. With my new place, I've picked a softer more natural tones and crossed them with a modern/contemporary style; the other place that I had was more of a white and comfortable feel, dashed with corals and blues, very much resembling the ocean home feeling. I like new ideas and concepts and because of this I tend to like changing things up once I've perfected the general look, so I'm not convinced that this is a look will last a long time. I'm very certain that the next look and idea will certainly sweep me into a new direction (I'm speaking as though I'm living in the future again...ugh, oh well). My next look will have to be Moroccan feel with dark and rich reds. I have certainly stayed away from complete Modern/Contemporary styles because I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money on a project that I know for certain I'm not going to move onto something new with.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you going to do for water?
    Bring lots. Carry some with me always. Probably wash mostly from a bowl or something and use wet wipes.
    Last edited by Minde; 08-05-2012 at 04:27 AM. Reason: punctuation fail
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's an ESE and she has hibernation tendencies and does not like to expand energy looking for things; she would rather stay in. She gave me the measurements of the mirror and if I come across it when I'm out and about I'll have to call her, like I usually do, for her to come and pick it up. I'm very happy with the chairs that I got for my place. This new place I'm in is modeled after a french theme, the last was more of a sea scape and oceanic theme. With my new place, I've picked a softer more natural tones and crossed them with a modern/contemporary style; the other place that I had was more of a white and comfortable feel, dashed with corals and blues, very much resembling the ocean home feeling. I like new ideas and concepts and because of this I tend to like changing things up once I've perfected the general look, so I'm not convinced that this is a look will last a long time. I'm very certain that the next look and idea will certainly sweep me into a new direction (I'm speaking as though I'm living in the future again...ugh, oh well). My next look will have to be Moroccan feel with dark and rich reds. I have certainly stayed away from complete Modern/Contemporary styles because I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money on a project that I know for certain I'm not going to move onto something new with.
    So the ESE is a hibernator who calls you to be out and about and buy stuff. That's interesting.

Are you an interior decorator ?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So the ESE is a hibernator who calls you to be out and about and buy stuff. That's interesting.

Are you an interior decorator ?
    Usually, one of the "dark sides" of a type is hibernation for ESE, you can ask tcaud about that; he's done a lot of observation about that phenomenon.

I'm not an interior decorator, by any means, but I love family and friends and love the feeling of comfortable surroundings where people may be relaxed and enjoy themselves; because of this, having a comfortable and clean environment is a necessity for me. I can't wait to have it completed so that they can come over and have some of my delicious and healthy cooking.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually, one of the "dark sides" of a type is hibernation for ESE, you can ask tcaud about that; he's done a lot of observation about that phenomenon.
    Hopefully @tcaud , our fine friend, wasn't the cause of this dark side emerging in the ESE.

I'm not an inferior decorator, by any means,
    Well you certainly think highly of yourself.

but I love family and friends and love the feeling of comfortable surroundings where people may be relaxed and enjoy themselves; because of this, having a comfortable and clean environment is a necessity for me. I can't wait to have it completed so that they can come over and have some of my delicious and healthy cooking.
    This sounds, to me, like an invite to the delta quadra to come to Maritsa's place for a meal.

So what are you going to prepare for us - it better be delicious and healthy.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Bring lots. Carry some with me always. Probably wash mostly from a bowl or something and use wet wipes.
    We'll expect pictures, and not just of water bottles.

I wonder what inspired you to want to go camping in dessert, sounds like an unconventional choice.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll expect pictures, and not just of water bottles.

I wonder what inspired you to want to go camping in dessert, sounds like an unconventional choice.
    You can expect what you like, of course.

The inspiration came from a friend's request. I have a hard time saying no to people...
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well you certainly think highly of yourself.

This sounds, to me, like an invite to the delta quadra to come to Maritsa's place for a meal.

So what are you going to prepare for us - it better be delicious and healthy.
    No. It's Si HA showing off

Here's another vision of that:

In the past, when we had a huge home, we often hosted holiday parties, with the financial help of our family; my sister and I would spend hours cleaning the huge home, every nook and cranny and preparing it for the parties; afterwards, we'd spend hours cleaning it up. Exhausting, but when you've got a lot of food in you, you've also got a lot of energy.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can expect what you like, of course.

The inspiration came from a friend's request. I have a hard time saying no to people...
    Then I request that you take lots of pictures.
    (which, I'd imagine you'd do anyway, but, consider the request now formally something for you to have to deal with )

You are going to bring a camera or twenty, right?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Maritsa Darmandzhyan;894554]No. It's Si HA showing off /QUOTE]

Show off.

Well, as is the phrase these days, put up or shut up. What would the three course meal you prepare delta quadra be?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I request that you take lots of pictures.
    (which, I'd imagine you'd do anyway, but, consider the request now formally something for you to have to deal with )

You are going to bring a camera or twenty, right?
    You can request what you like, of course... (It's not right when people overuse or abuse that "feature" of mine...)

Yes, two. Three if you count my phone (which I do).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, I don't believe in dessert as a part of a lovely meal, so Delta will have to be disappointed by my lack of serving dessert. I have my reasons for doing this, one of which is that if you're going to have a meal, dessert is just too many extra calories, especially if it's close to sleeping. So dessert with Delta would have to be served during the afternoon, high tea, perhaps.

If I were to prepare a three course meal, I would start with a lovely cold soup, perhaps a pure of cactus soup and white bean soup, and in the center will be crushed chick peas wrapped with fillo dough, fried or baked gently.

For the second course, I'll prepare scallops atop black rice; royalty in China ate black rice and that's kinda how I want my friends and family to feel like; some people have never had black rice and it's quite interesting as well as not too expensive a find here in gastronomic LA. So black rice it is.

Since I'm not in favor of serving either fruits after a protein dish, which often creates gas and uncomfortable digestive feelings, I'm inclined to not serve fruity sweet dishes. I would be willing to serve a sweet potato custard.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can request what you like, of course... (It's not right when people overuse or abuse that "feature" of mine...)

Yes, two. Three if you count my phone (which I do).
    Deserts can be dusty. What are you going to do to keep the lens safe?
    ...and your self safe. Obviously dehydration, but also, I hope you have super strong sun block...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the second course, I'll prepare scallops atop black rice; royalty in China ate black rice and that's kinda how I want my friends and family to feel like; some people have never had black rice and it's quite interesting as well as not too expensive a find here in gastronomic LA. So black rice it is.
    Hm, I'm actually curious about black rice because I've never had it, nd I've been meaning to cook rice in general.
    Do you have any actual tips for cooking rice?

I wonder if I should get a rice cooker - I used to think about tthat when I ate a lot of white rice with chinese food but I don't do that anymore. But brown or more substantial rice (black rice?) maybe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hm, I'm actually curious about black rice because I've never had it, nd I've been meaning to cook rice in general.
    Do you have any actual tips for cooking rice?

I wonder if I should get a rice cooker - I used to think about tthat when I ate a lot of white rice with chinese food but I don't do that anymore. But brown or more substantial rice (black rice?) maybe.
    There are various ways of cooking rice depending on the consistency you are reaching for.

Basmati like rice requires removal of as much starch from the rice so that it doesn't clump up.
    Sushi like rice requires steps to clump.
    Risotto like rice requires creamy consistency.
    Armenian rice requires medium consistency of risotto to to the firmness of basmati.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The color contrast of seafood with black rice is very lovely...

-

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because it's easier to not go to restaurants than to not get drunk?
    It is easier to have an old time friend whose birthday it is and you're both 18 and both drunk. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

Seems like they've been misplaced.

We'll need a group of adventures to heroically travel to Delta Land, acquire the samples, and then restore order to the universe.
    After you, princess.

Last edited by Absurd; 08-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The color contrast of seafood with black rice is very lovely...

Thanks, I didn't know what that is, seriously. I mean it looks like a scorpion.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

it feels good to make my point and have it stick

and what feels better than good is dating an LSE
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seeing I am the only true delta on here, roll over Maritsa

A toast. I wanted to thank for this warm welcome and milk I do not drink. Long live delta quadra and may it kill infidels that stand in its way, worldwide.

Cheers.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black rice is weird. The texture is very different; it's like a skin with mushy stuff inside.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Marista, but I am totally straight, thanks be to God for that, and I think you, too. You would be much happier with a a nice ESTJ, anyway, really. A male ESTJ that is...

A very big day in my life, last October, the momentous day I met my SLI friend and unexpectedly fell hard for him (I've told this here before)...I had to hurry away because I was on stopping en-route, overnight, at my INFJ's friends house, before I drove home, across the state, the next day. A horrendous drive, no GPS [this drive drove me to buy one], in the dark strange mountains, trying to read my Google directions in the car and road signs in the dark, so many turns, and I was hurrying, as she had made a nice birthday dinner for me, waiting. Which reminds me of your earlier post on this thread! Such a stressful drive, and, at the end, such a memorable healthy dinner. Pan-fried fresh salmon with a fresh salsa topping on a bed of greens -- so delicious, fresh and healthy! Its a reminder to me how healthy and attractively-presented food really ministers to people.

(She comes through my town on her way to her home state, and I always fix her good food, too. And wine, because she likes that. And next week I will cook for my SLI... as I head out to see him again!).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    LOL Marista, but I am totally straight, thanks be to God for that, and I think you, too. You would be much happier with a a nice ESTJ, anyway, really. A male ESTJ that is...

A very big day in my life, last October, the momentous day I met my SLI friend and unexpectedly fell hard for him (I've told this here before)...I had to hurry away because I was on stopping en-route, overnight, at my INFJ's friends house, before I drove home, across the state, the next day. A horrendous drive, no GPS [this drive drove me to buy one], in the dark strange mountains, trying to read my Google directions in the car and road signs in the dark, so many turns, and I was hurrying, as she had made a nice birthday dinner for me, waiting. Which reminds me of your earlier post on this thread! Such a stressful drive, and, at the end, such a memorable healthy dinner. Pan-fried fresh salmon with a fresh salsa topping on a bed of greens -- so delicious, fresh and healthy! Its a reminder to me how healthy and attractively-presented food really ministers to people.

(She comes through my town on her way to her home state, and I always fix her good food, too. And wine, because she likes that. And next week I will cook for my SLI... as I head out to see him again!).
    I'm teasing. I'm strait too. I grew up where my sister and I would walk around hugging each other and some guy stopped us and asked us if we were a couple, from then on my sister had this wild idea that she would just start kissing my cheeks every time we were in public and hugging me. She is an Fe type and she loves to get those emotional reactions jerked out of men and the audience. I would just go along with it because, well, she's my sister and I loved the comfortable feelings of hugs and kisses. So, I just said it in a joking way.

I've come to associate marriage as the highest form of love and I say it when I love someone. "Marry me!"
    -

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm teasing. I'm strait too. I grew up where my sister and I would walk around hugging each other and some guy stopped us and asked us if we were a couple, from then on my sister had this wild idea that she would just start kissing my cheeks every time we were in public and hugging me. She is an Fe type and she loves to get those emotional reactions jerked out of men and the audience. I would just go along with it because, well, she's my sister and I loved the comfortable feelings of hugs and kisses. So, I just said it in a joking way.
    Lucky you to have a sister. I thought I was going to gain four when I married my ex, but they we so tight from growing up dysfunctionally (an us-against-the-world family) they did not want me in their circle... but I have had girlfriends like sisters.

Is your sister ESE??

In college a good ESFJ friend, my only totally-positive major ESE relationship of three, as, the other two were very negative because of their personal dysfunctions (this freind lacked any major dysfunctions; she was highly functional in fact, just a bit codependent like me, and also an Ennegram 2, even more so pronounced than me),.

Anyway, this friend was one of my superclose girlfriends. We took dance classes together, she being far more athletic and me more lyrical, at college we hung out on laps in the Sky Sports club office, and we socialized, socialized - parties etc, and also shared an apartment with others one summer session at another college where I went just to take dance and clay throwing, and we shared clothes and told each other everything.

Well, this ESE friend did the same thing to me once; we were walking, talking, hanging out talking at a park playground, and she grabbed my hand to hold it because she thought it was ridiculous girls can't act like this, like they do in Europe, where her parents are from and she visits, when they are buddies and too bad for everyone else if they think that means gay, and two boys very nearby were watching us quite curiously and I know she did this just for them.

Well, my family had passed on some more English-kind of public mannerisms, you can call it stiff I guess, and this is how that made me feel! Stiff. So I shrunk from this, and, while I tolerated this on that day, my "uncomfortable tolerance" of her act perhaps inspired her not to do it again.

On a related-note, I am a late convert to Catholic, stemming from theological understanding, and its a common grass-roots movement here in America (I believe adopted from immitating Protestant and not based on any REAL reason) to hold hands during the Our Father, and I choose to do it the old way - and do NOT hold hands. It has nothing to do with not holding hands with strangers. I am fine with that. Basically body position says everything in worship, and the Our Father is not a fellowship moment but a prayer to the Lord. I am not the only one that feels this way but I am in the minority. And I lack Fe too much to care that others are annoyed I am not a "team player" in this. I don't care what they think; its a matter of principle to me. However, just like with my ESE friend above, sometimes a parishioner will rebell against my rebellion, and _grab_my_hand out of my hands-meeting praying-postion to _hold_it_! Yes, this has actually happened to me. Will against will. Trespassing for the Our Father. But when that happens, I feel, if they want my hand so bad they can have it, so I tolerate it. But I don't like it...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lucky you to have a sister. I thought I was going to gain four when I married my ex, but they we so tight from growing up dysfunctionally (an us-against-the-world family) they did not want me in their circle... but I have had girlfriends like sisters.
    What type was he?

Well, my family had passed on some more English-kind of public mannerisms, you can call it stiff I guess, and this is how that made me feel! Stiff. So I shrunk from this, and, while I tolerated this on that day, my "uncomfortable tolerance" of her act perhaps inspired her not to do it again.
    That's funny, because in person and with new people, I'm quite english and stiff too and so much so that people think I'm cold, but really, with close friends and people in my circle, I can be very natural and warm.

On a related-note, I am a late convert to Catholic, stemming from theological understanding, and its a common grass-roots movement here in America (I believe adopted from immitating Protestant and not based on any REAL reason) to hold hands during the Our Father, and I choose to do it the old way - and do NOT hold hands. It has nothing to do with not holding hands with strangers. I am fine with that. Basically body position says everything in worship, and the Our Father is not a fellowship moment but a prayer to the Lord. I am not the only one that feels this way but I am in the minority. And I lack Fe too much to care that others are annoyed I am not a "team player" in this. I don't care what they think; its a matter of principle to me. However, just like with my ESE friend above, sometimes a parishioner will rebell against my rebellion, and _grab_my_hand out of my hands-meeting praying-postion to _hold_it_! Yes, this has actually happened to me. Will against will. Trespassing for the Our Father. But when that happens, I feel, if they want my hand so bad they can have it, so I tolerate it. But I don't like it...
    I don't like the holding hands deal in prayer ether and not because I don't want to feel effect of being with God among people who value the same beliefs as I do, and I appreciate the love and support, but I feel that with my presence it's my inner solemn (serious) tone that speaks along with my prayer and that's a very personal thing for me and I like to experience that without interruption.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-07-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

non-Loungey posts split into a new thread by request: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...read.php/40756

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type was he?
    One of my other of the total 3 key ESE relationships in my life. The positive ESE friend in college I just mentioned was the first. Then my long marraige as Beneficiary to ESE. (Beneficiary is such a wrong word here!) The real problem was not type but that he was a true Narcissist and I believed and fell for his romantic act/avid pursuit to win me. Once he had me locked in, seriously, like the _wedding_day_, in Narcissist fashion, he didn't want me anymore (just wanted me _there_). That was the real problem. But I see the Benefit relation stressors, too, now. Like he could never validate who I was, it did not interest him. And interesting that Benefit relationships "always" end when Benefactor leaves for an affair - that's what happened. It would have been good to have known this and have not been so surprised! [Later the very devout strict priest I consulted told me, "she did you a favor". The truth!]

The last key ESE relationship in my life was a fellow single-mom friend of mine for 3 years, we were overly close because she was overly needy with genuine, serious PSTD, and my part in the friendship was "extremely helpful serving codependent". An unhealthy friendship that overtook my life, and I ended when circumstances and God illuminated the reality of this "friendship" .

That's funny, because in person and with new people, I'm quite english and stiff too and so much so that people think I'm cold, but really, with close friends and people in my circle, I can be very natural and warm.
    My SLI thinks I am not the least bit stiff when we are alone. [we both want to "behave"; and its so hard!]

I
    don't like the holding hands deal in prayer ether and not because I don't want to feel effect of being with God among people who value the same beliefs as I do, and I appreciate the love and support, but that I feel that with my presence it's my inner solemn (serious) prayer that speaks along with my prayer and that's a very personal thing for me and I like to experience that without interruption.
    "Inner solemn" - I like that. I also appreciate group prayer, and holding hands for grace or a special prayer, and the "horizontal fellowship relationship" in other contexts, but the Holy Mass is an act of worship of God, and about that vertical relationship. Also I resent the intrusion of badly written songs celebrating "we the people!" - I want to celebrate God at Mass...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta alpha foxtrot tango papa uniform november kilo

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta alpha foxtrot tango papa uniform november kilo
    Ksssshtgetkshingkshhatickshhhteat that?kshhht
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

GOOOOOOOO --- NOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm effin TRYING!!

Next time I agree to go fishing with you UDP....just shoot me and be done with it!

IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My back bike tire is very deflated, so I decided to try and air it up last night. I fitted the bike pump nozzle over the valve and started pumping. I kept hearing hissing noises, and the pump resistance was too high. I tried pushing the nozzle on tighter. Didn't work. In frustration, I turned to Google. It told me to check the position of the switch on the pump head (to make sure it is locked onto the valve). Still no success. I tried it a few more times, called the family to try and get advice from Dad (who usually airs up my tires), couldn't get a hold of anyone. I went to bed in frustration. I found a voice message from him in the morning, telling me to make sure the head was properly fitted over the tire valve. I went and checked... only to find that the nozzle does not at all fit the bike valve. I even came across information while googling that talked about the different types of valves, and it never occurred to me to check that. Sigh.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ryene Astraelis yeah, there are generally two or three types of nozzles for bike pumps, but you can find a lot of adapters, etc.

@Ann well, ok. What's new?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ann well, ok. What's new?
    I'm actually kinda excited about a couple of new things in my life. But they're too boring to actually talk about. i was hoping someone else would start talking.

Have you graduated yet? If not, it should be soon, shouldn't it?

Or, here's maybe a topic starter:
    What are some of the things you plan/hope to do in the next 6 months or so?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ESTj-Si on this test.