View Poll Results: Gwyneth Paltrow's type?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

2 28.57%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 28.57%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

1 14.29%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Her quotes vibe as something Ne/Si and "aristocratic". I'm leaning towards EII.

edit: Fi-INFj sp/so 3w2

On why she doesn’t get drunk: "No. I think they’re the idiot people and I’m the normal person. But I don’t really go to parties where…I don’t really have drunk friends. My friends are kind of adult; they have a drink. But they hold their liquor. I think it’s incredibly embarrassing when people are drunk. It just looks so ridiculous. I find it very degrading. I think, oh, you’re really degrading yourself right now, to be this pissed out in public." — Gwyneth Paltrow

On taking a retreat to Sedona, Arizona: "I’ll never forget it. I was starting to hike up the red rocks, and honestly, it was as if I heard the rock say: ‘You have the answers. You are your teacher.’ I thought I was having an auditory hallucination." — Gwyneth Paltrow

"I think that women, especially women in my job, come to me because they know I’m very loving and nonjudgmental and I’m not competitive, and I’ve been through a lot."

"I love the English way, which is not as capitalistic as it is in America. People don’t talk about work and money; they talk about interesting things at dinner parties. I like living here because I don’t tap into the bad side of American psychology, which is ‘I’m not achieving enough, I’m not making enough, I’m not at the top of the pile.’ It’s just kind of like, I am."

"When I was twenty-one, a friend gave me a book called Diet for a New America by John Robbins, which exposed the brutal practices of American factory farms. That, coupled with a lecture from Leonardo DiCaprio (when he was nineteen and I was twenty-one) about how such animals are kept and processed, made me lose my desire for factory farm pork and beef right there."

"Through this process my father and daughter had unwittingly taught me the importance of balance. Could I use some butter and cheese and eggs in my cooking without going down some kind of hippie shame spiral? Yes. Of course I could."

To Cosmo: “We’re human beings and the sun is the sun—how can it be bad for you? I don’t think anything that’s natural can be bad for you.”

On The Met Gala: "I’m never going again. It was so un-fun. It was boiling. It was too crowded. I did not enjoy it at all."

"There’s a portion of the movie where something bad happens to me, and I lose my clothes along the way, so essentially I’m wearing a bra and trousers. There are certain requirements, but luckily I have a good base because I work out often."

"I don’t hold on to fear as much as I used to, because I’ve learned a lot about genuinely not caring what strangers think about me. It’s very liberating. It’s very empowering, and I’ve learned a lot of that from Jay—Shawn Carter—Z, because his approach to life is very internal. It’s a very good lesson to learn."
    Last edited by silke; 07-10-2014 at 07:04 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[IMG]http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q533/danielle_Metalworks/******/******.jpg[/IMG]

^ it's a picture of Adolf ****** ... not working...how ODD

typology master

lololololol hiiitttler
    Last edited by chriscorey; 12-05-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: lulz
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She has no Se to speak of and I don't think she'd appreciate it either

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Ok, IEI are pretty much the most mysterious and elusive type out there.

Remember IEI are a irrational type, an intuitive not an ethical type. Their ego ethical function is cautious.
    Cautious? what do you mean by that?

I wouldn't say elusiveness is characteristic of IEI. They can be cryptic but usually they like to join themselves in with what is going on rather than hold things back. I also wouldn't say they're all that mysterious. They just tend to spend a lot of time in their heads and tend to blend in around others to survive socially.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we stop typing celebrities? Their is very little consistency here in our typing - although it is a battle between quasi-identical (IEI and EII) and since only two types are in discussion I would say that the thread is producing something other than the normally random range of choices.

I say EII.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Cautious? what do you mean by that?

I wouldn't say elusiveness is characteristic of IEI. They can be cryptic but usually they like to join themselves in with what is going on rather than hold things back. I also wouldn't say they're all that mysterious. They just tend to spend a lot of time in their heads and tend to blend in around others to survive socially.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NFp-by-Beskova

Discerning minds would disagree.

I get the feeling you and DJ Arendee may not have a ton of experience with IEI's because they're pretty different imo from these ideas you have about them. I'm not going to try and persuade you really, just meet some people like Gwyneth and some people like the IEI I've linked and you will soon see they're quite different.

Anyways, read this interview, she talks about something which is far more indicative of her type than some vague assessments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/...-cookbook.html

She's defined by her domestic-ism, perfectionism, personal relationships and child rearing, which is something that is not characteristic of IEI's imo. IMO she's valuing, and this comes thru in just about everything she does.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Can we stop typing celebrities?
    NO!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NFp-by-Beskova

Discerning minds would disagree.

I get the feeling you and DJ Arendee may not have a ton of experience with IEI's because they're pretty different imo from these ideas you have about them. I'm not going to try and persuade you really, just meet some people like Gwyneth and some people like the IEI I've linked and you will soon see they're quite different.

Anyways, read this interview, she talks about something which is far more indicative of her type than some vague assessments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/...-cookbook.html

She's defined by her domestic-ism, perfectionism, personal relationships and child rearing, which is something that is not characteristic of IEI's imo. IMO she's valuing, and this comes thru in just about everything she does.
    Beskova has a strong tendency to exaggerate and romanticise in her profile descriptions. I have read this one a number of times however as they're good to give to people who want a quick snapshot at a certain character.

Alright, you win. That is definitely an Introverted Sensation HA coming through. She even says that Jay-Z has a 'mature, calming influence'... LSE-seeking much?

EII it is!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Can we stop typing celebrities? Their is very little consistency here in our typing - although it is a battle between quasi-identical (IEI and EII) and since only two types are in discussion I would say that the thread is producing something other than the normally random range of choices.

I say EII.

The problem is not the typing of celebrities but the lack of argumentation that comes along with it. Shouting out random types gets people nowhere but we've just had a productive debate.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anymore. I'm gonna stick with EIE 4 for now. All I think of when I read about her and goop is this:

"Hey everyone look I'm my own person now!"

Ji seeking.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never met a IEI who could hear something Jay-Z said, and marvel at it's depth. Consistently, it's the exact opposite.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII-Fi.

"because I'm not judgmental" pshhhhh..... she's extremely judgmental..

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess she does VI more as EII than ESI, due to the angularity (bony-ness) of her face. I don't mean that in a bad way, I think she's really pretty. But SF has more roundness to it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkkmr really does have a better understanding of IEI than the very few "SLEs" here.. idk if you have had a lot of personal experience, but I think you may just have really high level Ne that gets the theory spot on. ILEs come in 1) super smart and 2) super annoying.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    hkkmr really does have a better understanding of IEI than the very few "SLEs" here.. idk if you have had a lot of personal experience, but I think you may just have really high level Ne that gets the theory spot on. ILEs come in 1) super smart and 2) super annoying.

I've had a lot of personal experience with IEI mostly female , most male IEI's I think are a bit strange.

Also I watched a lot, lot, lot, lot of classic films and french films, I don't see IEI females as often in modern hollywood films, I think women are portrayed stronger today in films, but I think something got lost.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've forgotten 3) super smart and super annoying.

3) is the worst b/c when they are wrong (as inevitably happens), you can't convince them otherwise. Or they willingly misinterpret what you are saying into a different larger theory that they like, but still can't be convinced that they are wrong.

However, I agree that IEI's give off a mysterious feeling lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

3) is the worst b/c when they are wrong (as inevitably happens), you can't convince them otherwise. Or they willingly misinterpret what you are saying into a different larger theory that they like, but still can't be convinced that they are wrong.

Lol, yeah.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I watched a lot, lot, lot, lot of classic films and french films, I don't see IEI females as often in modern hollywood films, I think women are portrayed stronger today in films, but I think something got lost.
    That certain je ne sais quoi?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post

#3 is truely terrible, but I find with ILE's you just have to let them stew and think about it, ILE's aren't a type that won't change their mind, they will simply fight in the moment if pressed.

Once they stew a bit and think things over, it's easy for them to change their mind(if they think they made a mistake).

I don't know any ILE that's not #2....

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That certain je ne sais quoi?

Pretty much, some IEI's approach a sort of feminine ideal.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    Third, I was referring to Movement Style. This is my own creation in response to Gulenko's Communication style where he described how having 4D (leading or demonstrative) rational IM elements decides how one communicates with Te 4D being the Business Like Communicators, Fe being Passionate, Fi being Sincere and Ti being Cold Blooded. I did the same for the Irrational IM Elements, forming Movement Styles where people move and hold themselves differently depending on whether Se, Ne, Si or Ni is 4D... Se 4D being Tough, Si being Controlled, Ne being Clumsy and Ni being Delicate.
    I like your idea of typing by Movement Style.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone seems to be saying EII, which is a big red flag that the typing is being parroted. Never trust the consensus on anything.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron
    Third, I was referring to Movement Style. This is my own creation in response to Gulenko's Communication style where he described how having 4D (leading or demonstrative) rational IM elements decides how one communicates with Te 4D being the Business Like Communicators, Fe being Passionate, Fi being Sincere and Ti being Cold Blooded. I did the same for the Irrational IM Elements, forming Movement Styles where people move and hold themselves differently depending on whether Se, Ne, Si or Ni is 4D... Se 4D being Tough, Si being Controlled, Ne being Clumsy and Ni being Delicate.
    Movement styles is pretty good, but it probably needs a bit more study to describe.

Rational functions affect movement quite a bit imo and the movement of say a SEI and a LSI may be different but both have 4d. I see 4d as space projecting(consuming space), and 4d as space conserving(protecting self), there are better words for this probably. Clumsy is probably a good term for . Delicate for probably works as well.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Movement styles is pretty good, but it probably needs a bit more study to describe.

Rational functions affect movement quite a bit imo and the movement of say a SEI and a LSI may be different but both have 4d. I see 4d as space projecting(consuming space), and 4d as space conserving(protecting self), there are better words for this probably. Clumsy is probably a good term for . Delicate for probably works as well.
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I see Tough and Controlled, one charges out confidently into the physical world, the other perfects their physical movements in a smaller space.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Everyone seems to be saying EII, which is a big red flag that the typing is being parroted. Never trust the consensus on anything.

I've thought she was EII for a while.

that statement...what are you, LII...?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#3 is truely terrible, but I find with ILE's you just have to let them stew and think about it, ILE's aren't a type that won't change their mind, they will simply fight in the moment if pressed.

Once they stew a bit and think things over, it's easy for them to change their mind(if they think they made a mistake).

I don't know any ILE that's not #2....

Aw. TBH I forgive a lot of annoying behaviour if I think someone is genuinely intelligent. In the same way I forgive the awkwardness of some INTjs, bc they really are so fucking good at something else that it seems silly to point out that they don't have social skills, or whatever.

Some alpha NTs are just smug bullshitters though, and I could probably solve those logic questions on standardized tests faster than them. In that case be prepared to be called out on every faux pas. J/K.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I've thought she was EII for a while.

that statement...what are you, LII...?

Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. The point is that when everyone is thinking the same, somebody isn't thinking. I'm fine with the consensus type in principle if that's what she is; it's just that a consensus on anything should raise a red flag that something important is being taken for granted (and this is usually the case).

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

probably EII

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE she looks like Haila, my favorite SEE cook on YouTube
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII. She's the incarnation of Delta NF Quadra Complex.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No opinion on type, only some IE's I see.

The whole natural health food and products is very Si focused and the very nature of the website and catalogue is a Ne exercise.

By itself not enough for a sociotype, as a life long pattern of something she always does for years and years on end, that's enough for a personality pattern.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like her appearance-wise. Idk about her recent “health products” though.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best guess is ILE-Ne for now ~ the Alpha with the softest Ti. Hollywood co-star Robert Downey Jr EIE is her Beneficiary. It looks like she has married again and he is looking very SF...

I'm not positive though.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 12-20-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um I’m not she is Fe ignoring (“EII”) if she’s NF would have to be IEE. But she could also be Fe valued.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Si valuing Ethical.

In the past I typed her as SEI, but ESE or even EII might be possible alternatives.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Well she VIs kinda of like a famous INFP plus someone else I know and love but hadn't typed.
    I also have a story.
    Paltrow was among the 1st I typed. Mb initially assumed IEE, but soon have changed to IEI. I even translated her interview where she whined how bad Pitt (SLI) was.
    Why so much interest to her? She much reminded me a girl to which I had the feelings in that time. That girl was IEI as I've understood after systematic research of the typology started in 2003. I keep the opinion about her type since 2004 or mb earlier.
    We had no a communication but I kept the feelings to that IEI after understood our types are conflicting for some years. I had thoughts IR issues can be overcomed or mb compensated. But thoughts to keep the distance appeared as stronger in me. There was an inner fight. When the possibility for new try with her appeared, she shown the interest to me - I've decided that it's all too difficult, that she'll again will hurt me and no enough base for good relations. I also felt the offence at her for some things.
    She is still important for my heart. Despite I think about us.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She is all the types mixed into one pile of Goo.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    She is all the types mixed into one pile of Goo.
    Yes, she is The Blob.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was amazing in Shakespeare in Love.

She seemed very emotive and lively in that TV series Glee.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I also have a story.
    Paltrow was among the 1st I typed. Mb initially assumed IEE, but soon have changed to IEI. I even translated her interview where she whined how bad Pitt (SLI) was.
    Why so much interest to her? She much reminded me a girl to which I had the feelings in that time. That girl was IEI as I've understood after systematic research of the typology started in 2003. I keep the opinion about her type since 2004 or mb earlier.
    We had no a communication but I kept the feelings to that IEI after understood our types are conflicting for some years. I had thoughts IR issues can be overcomed or mb compensated. But thoughts to keep the distance appeared as stronger in me. There was an inner fight. When the possibility for new try with her appeared, she shown the interest to me - I've decided that it's all too difficult, that she'll again will hurt me and no enough base for good relations. I also felt the offence at her for some things.
    She is still important for my heart. Despite I think about us.
    But relations can be difficult at first even in the same Quadra if you are not used to each other. What is she is really an EII or IEE? It might be worth a try, Sol. Especially if she made such a big impression on your heart.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast