5 Thread(s)

Depends where in Switzerland.
    Geneva can be everything

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considerations I would consider when placing Switzerland in a Quadra are:

1) It's neutrality. The country hasn't been in at war since the Sonderbund War in 1847.
    2) It's governance. The country partially embraced Direct Democracy.
    3) It's multiculturalism. The country lies at the confluence of linguistic, architectural, culinary and musical traditions.

I see no real reason to suggest anything other than Delta.

EDIT: 200th post!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    2) fuck yeah direct democracy. I think other countries don't have it cuz a bunch of power-hungry, greedy, manipulative shitass laywers, bureaucrats & politicians manipulated ppl into thinking they're necessary.
    I couldn't agree more.

3) yup, it's pretty insane... I've read many swiss know as much as 3 or 4 languages.
    They probably need to as Switzerland has 4 official languages: German, French, Italian and Romansh.

Re bolded: Meh, this topic is a good example of why one should be careful not to over-apply socionics; there are tons of non-socionics factors! For example, NPA theory's habitancy map has Switzerland as narcissistic-perfectionist type. Also Hofstede's cultural dimensions which may or may not correlate to quadras. And shame vs guilt culture. And Inglehart-Welzel map. & "Cultural Mandala" which interestingly uses greek elements (which Gulenko associated to quadras!!!) for 16 (!!) combinations total.
    This is all great stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'm already familiar with shame and guilt cultures, but it's interesting to find out I live in an Introspective Habitancy.
    Last edited by The Martrix; 05-25-2014 at 03:39 PM.