View Poll Results: Which types do you communicate with/interact with best?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Types with your Te/Fi or Ti/Fe preference

20 48.78%
  • Types with your Ni/Se or Ne/Si preference

15 36.59%
  • Neither - doesn't matter

6 14.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Te/Fi vs Fe/Ti and Ne/Si vs Ni/Se preference in communication

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te/Fi vs. Fe/Ti and Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se preference in communication

I was wondering which types you find you have the easiest time communicating with/getting along with... those with your preference for Te/Fi or Ti/Fe... or those with your preference for Ni/Se or Ne/Si? (or neither)

(hopefully that made sense)

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this... and I think it would make sense that people on average have an easier time communicating with (not necessarily interacting with) people who share their Te/Fi or Ti/Fe preference. This is because Te/Fi and Ti/Fe are information discriminators (rational functions). The perceiving IM elements seems to just "lay back" and absorb information (though maybe this depends as well on whether one is a rational or irrational type), but the rational functions are the ones (mainly Ti and Fi) that seem to actually place "judgment" on information. So if someone is "judging" the same information in the opposite way that you are you may have more trouble communicating with them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I was thinking about this... and I think it would make sense that people on average have an easier time communicating with (not necessarily interacting with) people who share their Te/Fi or Ti/Fe preference. This is because Te/Fi and Ti/Fe are information discriminators (rational functions). The perceiving IM elements seems to just "lay back" and absorb information (though maybe this depends as well on whether one is a rational or irrational type), but the rational functions are the ones (mainly Ti and Fi) that seem to actually place "judgment" on information. So if someone is "judging" the same information in the opposite way that you are you may have more trouble communicating with them.
    i think you're on to something here. makes sense in practical application, too. explains why illusionary relations work better for me than semi-dual relations. explains why beta works better than delta for me, too.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Definitely interact best with Deltas over Betas, Alphas being my own kin. ^^

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    Definitely interact best with Deltas over Betas, Alphas being my own kin. ^^
    I am deeply hurt and saddened by this revelation.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am deeply hurt and saddened by this revelation.

I am sorry but the elegance and beauty of the IEI just isn't enough to make up for the evil ofthe rest. :' (

I know it's and old thread... but this (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...of-information) kind of discusses 'filtering of information'. Like after the absorption of information?(Tbh I sometimes really see the point of the OP playing out irl).
    Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 07-09-2016 at 01:04 PM.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne/Si, no comparison. I tend to get along great with Alpha and Delta, far less so with both Gamma and Beta.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I communicate best with people who are open minded and not too moralistically judgmental. I can get along with and work with anyone if they show me respect. I will show them the same. I might even be the one to hold out an olive branch first if I see I am only contributing to a problem by misunderstanding. I am aware of myself when I am being unreasonable. It also depends on how reasonable the person is and if I think it is worth the effort. I enjoy talking to my identicals quite a bit and working with them can be fun until we are both clueless on what to do and can only laugh about it. I also have pretty good communication with kindred when it is a topic we both are open to. Close-minded people are usually best avoided but if impossible I would not try to get too deep with them on a subject that hits their sore spots.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually spend a lot of time considering alternate points of view.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemical View Post
    I usually spend a lot of time considering alternate points of view.
    What are you trying to say by this? Open your mind and soul. Give me a projection or glimpse of something more beautiful than platypus. Are you saying that you don't have a preference because you actively seek out people with different perspectives than yourself?

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

well I think I enjoy hanging out with IEI over kindred (SLI)

Also, i prefer Irrationals over rationals , EP > IP > EJ > IJ and NF > ST; IEE fave and xSTjs equally blegh

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

what does it mean to frolic in a subjective feeling o-o

I think I do get jealous of those who are able to feel without worrying about their effect on others... like I have to go back and forth on whether something is appropriate, but then miss the opportunity to say it, while it seems Fi valuers (maybe Fe doms too) tend to be able to just talk with others, processing the world and then instantaneously producing the correlated reaction without any further reduction or manipulation of the reaction, to bring about a more true and honest sense of relatability among everyone which I find myself unable to do myself. or maybe I'm not an ethical type in the first place. >_>

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Frolic is a very playful word so it's a very subjective statement about how he perceives other people experiencing their feelings. Your experience and interpretation of the same types may vary. I agree they can be lots of fun.

"Anything objective sticks to the facts, but anything subjective has feelings. Objective and subjective are opposites. Objective: It is raining. Subjective: I love the rain!

Objective is a busy word and that's a fact. An objective is a goal, but to be objective is to be unbiased. If you're objective about something, you have no personal feelings about it."

Everything posted in this thread is subjective feeling from what I can see and makes some, who don't self type Beta, sound like they have some Beta values.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Nah, you're just a bit inexperienced with Fi stuff
    Please. lol There is nothing objective in what you posted.

Fi as Demonstrative Function

The individual is quite adept at understanding the interactions in personal bonds between two individuals, even in the absence of an obvious external emotional expression; but he is inclined to regard them as of lesser importance, and less interesting, than the broader emotional interactions in the context of a larger group. Moreover, those personal bonds are perceived as situational and dynamic rather than static.

Key word: "Inclined"
    Key phrase" "In the context of a larger group"
    Key point: Fi is 4D as a demonstrative function.

Last edited by Aylen; 07-11-2016 at 07:27 AM.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think I do get jealous of those who are able to feel without worrying about their effect on others... like I have to go back and forth on whether something is appropriate, but then miss the opportunity to say it, while it seems Fi valuers (maybe Fe doms too) tend to be able to just talk with others, processing the world and then instantaneously producing the correlated reaction without any further reduction or manipulation of the reaction, to bring about a more true and honest sense of relatability among everyone which I find myself unable to do myself. or maybe I'm not an ethical type in the first place. >_>
    Just curious but do you relate to Fe in the SEI?

SEIs are often highly attuned to the emotional environment immediately surrounding them. They are skilled at loosening up the atmosphere and often seek to actively contribute to the overall sense of group harmony and familiarity. SEIs often feel uncomfortable in circumstances in which the group atmosphere is overly hostile or virulent; in such situations, they may seek to play the role of peacemaker in order to restore the mood to a sense of joviality or calmness

SEIs may expect individuals around them to behave according to the predominant emotional affect in a given environment. They tend to enjoy crafting an open, conflict-free, and relaxed environment where individuals are able to express themselves freely, but they may feel confused and deflated if somebody espouses viewpoints contrary to the predominant mood

Many SEIs are shy, sensitive, and reserved. They may develop a mild, friendly, and soft-spoken demeanor, as they can frequently be overly concerned that they have offended others with their actions. They can be inclined to a somewhat avoidant, withdrawn, and socially reserved lifestyle. Rather than forge strong emotional connections with others, some SEIs may be inclined to interact spontaneously (and often reservedly) with others according to the immediate emotional ambience of a situation.SEIs tend to spend a lot of energy concerning themselves with social acceptance and interpersonal dynamics.
    Fe as Creative Function

The person is sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around him, either from an individual, or a group, or even from inanimate objects such as the landscape, the state of the physical environment he happens to be in, or his own emotional associations with the place or people around him. A positive emotional atmophere is essential for his sense of well being and inner peace, and he either tries to promote it himself by directly influencing it around him, or by simply moving away from the environment or the people causing a negative emotional environment in his view.

For the SEI, this takes an on-the-spot aspect and is reflected in cracking jokes, trying to make people laugh, or simply moving away from people he perceives as affecting him negatively. For the IEI, this takes a longer-term perspective; so the focus, rather than being on the immediate emotional environment, is on the perceived longer-term emotional state of others towards the individual, and is reflected in trying to be on good terms with those he interacts with or seeking distance or protection from, or "preventively" attacking, those he sees as irremediably hostile emotionally.

YWIMW

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm..... let's see!

SEIs are often highly attuned to the emotional environment immediately surrounding them. They are skilled at loosening up the atmosphere and often seek to actively contribute to the overall sense of group harmony and familiarity. SEIs often feel uncomfortable in circumstances in which the group atmosphere is overly hostile or virulent; in such situations, they may seek to play the role of peacemaker in order to restore the mood to a sense of joviality or calmness

SEIs may expect individuals around them to behave according to the predominant emotional affect in a given environment. They tend to enjoy crafting an open, conflict-free, and relaxed environment where individuals are able to express themselves freely, but they may feel confused and deflated if somebody espouses viewpoints contrary to the predominant mood

Many SEIs are shy, sensitive, and reserved. They may develop a mild, friendly, and soft-spoken demeanor, as they can frequently be overly concerned that they have offended others with their actions. They can be inclined to a somewhat avoidant, withdrawn, and socially reserved lifestyle. Rather than forge strong emotional connections with others, some SEIs may be inclined to interact spontaneously (and often reservedly) with others according to the immediate emotional ambience of a situation.SEIs tend to spend a lot of energy concerning themselves with social acceptance and interpersonal dynamics.
    Fe as Creative Function

The person is sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around him, either from an individual, or a group, or even from inanimate objects such as the landscape, the state of the physical environment he happens to be in, or his own emotional associations with the place or people around him. A positive emotional atmophere is essential for his sense of well being and inner peace, and he either tries to promote it himself by directly influencing it around him, or by simply moving away from the environment or the people causing a negative emotional environment in his view.

For the SEI, this takes an on-the-spot aspect and is reflected in cracking jokes, trying to make people laugh, or simply moving away from people he perceives as affecting him negatively. For the IEI, this takes a longer-term perspective; so the focus, rather than being on the immediate emotional environment, is on the perceived longer-term emotional state of others towards the individual, and is reflected in trying to be on good terms with those he interacts with or seeking distance or protection from, or "preventively" attacking, those he sees as irremediably hostile emotionally.
    Mayybbbee a little~ I don't feel responsible for others' emotional comfort though, I don't go out of my way to make people happy...I prefer to dissociate myself from the group, it's too overwhelming to be a part of it. I'm way more passive with my Fe if it actually is my Creative. xD

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm..... let's see!

Mayybbbee a little~ I don't feel responsible for others' emotional comfort though, I don't go out of my way to make people happy...I prefer to dissociate myself from the group, it's too overwhelming to be a part of it. I'm way more passive with my Fe if it actually is my Creative. xD
    Ok, was just checking. I don't care much for the descriptions either but I didn't want to push Jung's definition on you since we are not Fe doms and it is a bit different but I had too much going on to find it a proper description at that moment so went with what was quicker. There is way more to it of course and if you are SEI you also have 4D Fi like me.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Pretty much as you described. But Fe types tend to have a lot of fun "setting the stage" for things, like jokes, making a lot more gossip and poking fun at others than Fi. Fi is a lot more raw and one-on-one, ie. we'll just go give people kisses and hugs and show affection, we'll just react and rawly partake: affection, trash-talk commenting, "uncontrolled" subconscious expression and cracking up, because of our stance with others we will know what's meant to be a joke without having to interpret it like Fe types do, and we're not really afraid of being judged for anything. What they say in Fi descriptions about Fi types breaking out into a wild creature once they're around friends is 100% true. Remember Fi is introverted feeling so it's a lot more raw and unhindered by an external expectation or processing outside meaning. Gauging meaning and controlling the expression is the wavelength Alphas and Betas fall to. Most of Fi is living in the internal reactions of our likes/dislikes for what's going on. Most of my mom's side of the family is Fi valuing and exactly like this. I need to post you some videos of some "frolicking in Fi." Delta NFs get really weird (ie. Toby Turner and Robert Pattinson,) but Gamma SFs ime are the most fun, like Craig Ferguson and Stefan and Fabio from Top Chef, a Gamma dual couple I had a video of.
    So basically you like orgies? No shame in that... Just teasing. lol

Your description of Fi get togethers is like every family/close friend, holiday get together I go to and my family is mostly Beta. There is a lot of singing involved but usually in small groups. My EII sister does not like to sing with us anymore like she did when we were kids. It usually ends up with my ESE sister and I singing old songs, after everyone else goes to bed. It is our bonding time and we talk about everything and sing sappy love songs.

Right now it is pretty chill here even though I have family visiting, there is only one extrovert. My EII uncle just sits and reads in the living room (a room I never use). He will read at least 4 of my books before he leaves. He loves my "library" which has now grown to over a thousand books. I didn't even know I had so many until I let someone else estimate and put them on shelves.

My ESE cousin is constantly on his iphone talking to his friends. He barely talks to anyone but he is only 14. My IEI brother just plays video games but he took my cousin to see "The Purge" last night. My LSI mom watched old movies (alone) but she kept hugging my cousin and telling him how much he has grown like it was a shock. He did grow about a foot since he turned 14.

My uncle and mom talk in the dining room for a bit before they wander off to do what they prefer. I am locked away doing my own thing (alone) and all this was only on the first day. I was grateful for being sick. I love my family but I love my alone time too. It was basically hugs and kisses when they arrived and off we went in different directions. I prefer this. I was told about this visit last minute and of course I would not refuse family because they are family.

Even at official type get togethers we do not "set the stage" for jokes, gossip, etc... People just hang out, sometimes in different rooms, depending on the venue, doing different things. There is usually like one centralized area where, mostly, older people sit and talk. You make beta get togethers sound like an episode of "Jackass". Things just happen naturally. There are no planned activities for our holidays or other family gatherings but they can get "wild". We are Greek, so if it is something big there is a lot of dancing and sometimes plate breaking but guess what, they are not all Betas. Culture plays a big part in how people celebrate.

I do not like gossiping or pranks btw. I do discuss others but it is with purpose, not just to spread rumors or find out what unacceptable things they might have done. I don't like people gossiping about me either. I would prefer they ask me about something before they go sharing it with others, just to make sure it is true. I am not afraid of being "judged" around Betas. I feel I am being judged around Deltas though.

How do you think Fe types have to interpret? I am not Fe dom but I don't consciously interpret anything. Give an example? I can't help but wonder how many other misconception you hold.

If I do plan to have a movie night, which is usually Beta night, we will joke and make fun of movies and that is like the only "rule". If it is a group movie night we are not going to sit quietly and watch a movie. We are going to rip it to shreds because it will be a bad movie to start with. If I am seriously watching a movie with friends then we watch the movie. I do have a bad habit of predicting what is going to happen next so I am working on that. Some people love it but others get annoyed by it.

Joking and insulting each other is something my brother and I do a lot. We do it more when his friends are around It is not mean spirited and it is not constant.

All this depends on the situation and the people involved. Things are not as black and white as you seem to think.

Maturity levels also play a big part in any group. I would be surprised if you aren't in the 23-25 age range. Sounds about right for what you describe. Everything feels new, wild, and raw then. In a few years your whole worldview and view of types will change. Your abstract reasoning will improve and you will not have such a narrow black and white view of people.

Edit: What do you mean by trash-talk? Betas can "trash talk" better than just about any other group. In fact you kind of describe Beta quadra groups pretty well in your description of "Fi" groups.
    Last edited by Aylen; 07-12-2016 at 12:36 PM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the simple reason is one of my least favorite things is being unreasonable, and I tend to find a careful consideration of all alternate points of view is the best way to avoid that.
    I usually deal with questions that have nothing to do with anyone's preference and hopefully have a third person rather than first person point of view.
    Opinionated reasoning usually rubs me very wrong, even if the opinion has "support," because ultimately I'd rather strip away all questions of preference.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting poll! I think this generally reflects the U.S... I know there's a good representation of non American on this forum, but I still hold that a preference for interacting through Te/Fi is found more among Americans/the West/white people

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure! I am scared of being judged by deltas, and betas are more "fun," but maybe in casual settings it's more relaxing to share Ne/Si. I think if my own quadra weren't available, I would maybe relax amongst deltas but marry a beta.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jackass and johnny knoxville aren't largely beta... ok...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least we agree knoxville is lead. i was so afraid you were going to say he was lead. knoxville *really* didn't seem like an ethical type to me, though i thought he enjoyed .

also, i didn't pay attention to most of the people when i watched jackass. but i thought the antics were like an over-the-top definition of supposed beta group dynamics.

i just feel like if "raw Fi" means a lot of loud emotional expression it's actually . i see "raw Fi" as where we sit down and talk about our feelings sincerely (or insincerely with the possible intent to deceive). i see loud boisterous emotional demonstrations as more like "raw Fe." certain types, like SEE, can display a fair amount of imo, but it's not instead "raw Fi" just because the SEE values > . no, it is still .

i feel like i'm in the twilight zone here with and alternate dimension (aka raw Fi?). i'm seriously confused as to how an extroverted display of feeling is actually .
    Last edited by marooned; 07-13-2016 at 01:10 AM. Reason: had to add more symbols

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the point is the qualities are *subdued* with the jackass crew, whereas the qualities are loud, out in the open, and rich. this is why i think the show itself is largely . beta is a quadra with subdued . this doesn't mean there isn't any (IEI especially has strong ). it just means that takes a back seat to .

also @Person most of your arguments hinge upon "i see socionics more deeply than you do."

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroverted ethics is an extroverted, rational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Fe, E, the ethics of emotions, or black ethics. Fe is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.
    it's kind of like what they do in jackass... i realize that each of the jackass crew has his own personal feelings, but they are all coming together to generate a certain emotional tone (or range of tones) and are definitely generating excitement. i seem to remember there's also a lot of bouncing off of one another's feelings.

Types that value Fe like creating a visible atmosphere of camaraderie with other people. They enjoy a loose atmosphere where anything goes, where people don't have to watch too carefully what they say for fear of offending others. This means these types try not to be too thin-skinned, taking jokes with a grain of salt.
    huh. this is like totally what they do on jackass...

However, they are very conscious of the fact that the way something is said is very important to how it will be received, so they tend to add emphasis, embellishments, and exaggerations here and there to keep people engaged. The best way to say something is highly dependent on the situation and the implied purpose of the exchange, so of course levity is not appropriate in some situations.
    they're often trying to be fairly offensive on jackass for the humor value, so they're not always guarding against possibly being received that way. though they may try to lessen the blow a bit, like whenever they harass those parents (forgot which jackass dude's parents).

Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem.
    that fits.

Fe as Demonstrative Function (SEE, IEE)

The individual appreciates situations where people are enjoying a positive emotional atmosphere as in having fun and joking together, and is quite adept at creating them himself, but does not see creating or promoting them a top priority, nor does he actively look for people who maintain or need such an atmosphere; too high a focus on that is seen by the individual as overdone.
    jackass is kinda like overdone in this way...

Fi as Creative Function (SEE, IEE)

The individual is very adept at perceiving, establishing, and maintaining personal bonds between people. However, these bonds are often perceived as being situational and flexible rather than static. The individual is inclined to focus on establishing personal bonds with other people in the context of realizing or following perceptions from his base function. The person easily creates a sense of closeness and kinship between people by expressing like and acceptance, but these sentiments are situational rather than an expression of permanent feelings. If the person's mood or external situation changes, he or she may "turn off" the feelings instantly, even forgetting whom they had created the feeling of kinship with.
    they're ( cre) good at schmoozing, but also at quickly developing close personal interactions, which they can just let go of with ease. johnny knoxville isn't busy getting close to people or getting to their deepest heartfelt feelings. he's like making them eat until they barf and when they try to escape it, he's like "i didn't say stop bitch. KEEP EATING!" people on jackass are hardly often sentimental. i'm sure you can scour the episodes and find some moments here and there, but well, these are in fact still humans (despite appearances to the contrary).

Quote Originally Posted by Person
    Furthermore, a "show" doesn't have a type, because there is no brain.
    Jackass is actually a very Gamma/Delta show
    actually you are wrong @Person. a show cannot be a type. what is this nonsense? a person is a type. a person has a brain.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default battletyping intermission

Actually, these Gamma/Delta individuals don't really do this at all. It's important to note how they don't actually value any use of Fe, only some of them. But you seem to define Fe as an after-effect of a type of comrodery and emotional expression, in other words, your understanding of psychology is very limited.
    maybe you can't see it because you are polr.

This isn't a type, these are just the majority of people who are Gammas and Deltas.
    the show conveys predominantly beta values is what *i* meant. you just prefer to condescend first and examine second?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    maybe you can't see it because you are polr.

After reading his posts in this thread, I imagine him something like this.

YWIMW

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Person

Both sounds good.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really do see what Person is saying here... I mean I'm Beta but I never was a fan of Jackass. Admittedly, it was too straight boy ish for me. Although there is a lot of homoeroticsm in the show, and the dudes kinda look like they could be in Treasure Island Media vids- they never actually fuck each other (boring!), just do typical straight boy ish things like play physical pranks on each other and then giggle about it. I thought it was too goofy and dumb - and I snub my nose at it the way Subterranean might snub his nose at American cuisine or something. (I'm just playfully ribbing on Subt there, I don't know if he would actually do that lol I'm trying to make a point here.)

I don't like people on here always assuming that just because something is over the top or stereotypically Fe (don't take that personally inumbra I know it's not just you, but all of us), means that it will be a Beta value or something... or mean it seriously. Because idk. Fe valuers can be snooty and contained too with the level of immaturity we are willing to handle. I don't know if this is even related to socionics... it's like, I remember me and my best friend getting into this huge argument once about me liking really bad Rugrats sex fic. (yeah we actually got into a huge serious fight over Rugrats lmao life is funny...and I remember her liking Jackass too and not liking corny Rugrats fic, the opposite of me.) For some people Jackass is cool and entertaining... just like how I found Tommy raping Angelica to be hilarious- but to some people, that was immature and they felt serious empathy for a fake cartoon character because Angelica was considered to be a complicated character for some that they could relate to on a personal level. But I am losing my train of thought here.

Anyways the sad part of this forum is that most of you think you are being insightful but really, you are actually paying attention too much to the shell of a person, place or thing. You're not seeing how X could fuck you over or how Y could help you out, because your egos are too attached to the definitions of what X and Y are. I'm not any better in this regard, but I'm trying to be. Sort of. My last therapist was a dick and I didn't really personally like him but he was right when he said I was too shallow. I don't think Person is trying to come off like 'ooh I am a better than you are Holy Priest, so deep and insightful' or anything. I've always silently respected him. Maybe I'm delta after all haha.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 07-14-2016 at 06:52 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty clearly Te/Fi, if you look back through this forum's history. I've had similar (though not as... dramatic... ) experiences irl too.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Liar.
    WHAA?!

Who is this hacking into poor Carla's account? Haha, I'm glad you dropped by, even if the visit is brief.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, I can't change my vote. I went for the Ne/Si side, but when I thought about the actual times where I've had the deepest communication, it's usually been quite a bit more with Gammas than Alphas.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma SFs are probably the most fun types I ever have known and they truly frolic in the subjective feelings. Alphas and Betas are too busy trying to read and interpret the situation, while the Gammas and Deltas have all the fun.

It's sad but true
    Would you talk about this more? because its is interesting.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Mmm you're going to have to explain. I already know you're an Fe type by your objective style of judging feelings and expressions. I'm giving specific examples of my interactions with Fi types, so you're likely not going to fit into that category very well at all despite your free-spirited nature.
    Explain how your judgments are Betaish? Sure give me a few minutes.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Do so. Also show me a real example, because you're probably using illegitimate definitions if you really think what I just described is Beta and not directly related to Gamma SFs and Delta NFs.

I'm sure you can richly partake in "personal bonds" and "emotional expressions," just the same as I can. That's not surprising, or at all what I was talking about.
    Not what I am talking about either. You think you are the only one who understands introverted feeling or has enough experience with it? Very arrogant to tell me that I am inexperienced with Fi and makes me wonder if you have a clue about feeling raw or otherwise. This has nothing to do with me being free spirited or whatever... I don't know why you brought that up.

I also understand strong feeling of like/dislike, attraction/repulsion. I am just more likely to change my mind if the person changes their attitude toward me and I believe they are being genuine about it. I am not a grudge holder unless someone really crosses me. I also don't try to change people's moods or cheer them up if they are not open to it. This is not rocket science, it is just self awareness.

I have my response pretty much all written out but had a few distractions.I need to read again when I am not so tired, for clarity. It is 4:30 am and I am seeing double so I am taking a break for now. I have family visiting and have to wake up soon so I will post some time tomorrow. It may be longish to sol's delight.

You misunderstood what I was calling Betaish but I will explain. I don't think you are Beta ftr. You will see what I mean.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this should depend on your valued functions

Like/dislike, attraction/repulsion isn't Fi
    Sure, it is. Read normal theory and don't use "special (delusional) systems" taken no one knows where.

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Like/dislike, attraction/repulsion isn't Fi

Sure, it is.
    This must be literally the first time I agree with you on anything, Sol. *fanfare*
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    This must be literally the first time I agree with you on anything
    I'm glad your understanding of the typology have become better enough for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast