Thread: What body type are you?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think my ideal would be a bit more endo and I was a little more, until recently, although I wouldn't call it my normal body type. I gained when I was on antidepressants, awhile back, but it falls off when I stop. I have not had any appetite in awhile. I was always pretty thin due to my mom who would call me fat when I was 110 lbs. She really made me feel bad about any weight gain that took me over 100 lbs. I got really sick trying to stick to her ideal. I even used cocaine to maintain my weight. At one point I was 79 lbs and ended up in the hospital with a protein deficiency. The doctor said that is rare in the US and mostly seen in third world countries. I am ok with where I am now. I have added weights to my workouts but I am not very good at sticking to them. I need an SEE physical trainer.

I remember my mom always having a perfect body for her height.
    OMG and i thought i had problems with my overfeeder mom whose idea of "exercise" is talking a walk around the block, anything more being "dangerous"

I am glad you are healthier now, Aylen!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Perfect is subjective
    I was thinking the exact same thing!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Edit: some things get ingrained at a young age.
    That is oh so true...and kids also mirror their parents' eating habits

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0% Endomorph
    25% Mesomorph
    75% Ectomorph

I was always the skinny kid in all my social congregations. My dad's a pretty heavy-set figure though, so maybe there's more excitement in my future.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Mesomorph, not a surprise.
    Wide shoulders, ran track in school, can build muscle quickly (too quickly, from too much testosterone - it is also thinning my hair in back But the cure for that is worse than the disease).
    The surprise is I got exactly the same score as Myst:

ENDOMORPH: 25%
    MESOMORPH: 63%
    ECTOMORPH: 13%

The test must have very limited resolution.
    It's 8 questions so that's it's resolution level. Btw one question I can answer differently and then I get:

ENDOMORPH: 13%
    ECTOMORPH: 25%

And yeah I'm like you, it's not a surprise to me to score as a mesomorph.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

cbf doing the test, but it'd be something like 70 Meso, 30 Ecto.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly Mesomorph because of wide shoulders and wide rib cage I also can easily gain and loose weight.

Some Ectomorph because of slightly longer limbs than the average person and rather thin joints.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ @DaftPunk, that could very well be a description of my SiTe (9w1 so/sx) husband's body type!]

I just wanted to add to this bodytype discussion that I am a "Blood" bodytype in Carolyn Mein's 25 Body Type System, a bodytype system that some people here might find interesting, especially if you have an interest in VI. The system describes bodytypes and their personalities and the diet that works best for them. I have a lot of confidence, after much study of it, a while back, that Mein really, really has something here. For those of you who like VI, you will like this. I have both her books, the men's types and woman's type. Big tombs. Rather strange books to have on your shelf, too - - for each type a there is a two page black and white photo spread of the front, side and back views of 6 or 8 different people of each type, all in bathing suits - some thin, some fat, some fit, some not, some young, some old. Its an odd photo collection, but its what you need to see to identify, and to understand her type identifying. There is also a long personality explanation, and an explanation of the best diet for your type. One strange thing about my "Blood" diet is that it says eggs ONLY with Swiss cheese! And I often have Swiss around just for this.

A brief mention of my "Blood" personality from her website here is: "need to maintain harmony, are greatly affected by what others think, and will become physically ill when emotionally upset" ... which is true.

I believe my SLI husband is "Brain" type: "are noted for gathering information in detail, as they like to have all possible knowledge on a subject before making a decision"

And my ESE ex "Pituitary" - "manifest the childhood quality of making life fun"

And Elvis Presley "Heart" - "regulate the beat of their environment, readily influencing the moods of others"

And my close EII friend - "Thyroid" - "are theoretical and practical, they thrive on doing things that are worthwhile"
    And another EII friend - "Kidney" - "tend to procrastinate, forcing themselves to excel when under the pressure of deadlines"
    (Both of my EII friends after I guessed their types saw the books and read and confirmed my typing of them).
    [ @Maritsa, are either of these yours? Thyroid, maybe?]

Also I do not know for sure yet my husbands 5 year old granddaughter's Socionics type, but I am sure she is a "Lymph", by her body type and by her personality - "are generally playful, bright and quick-witted, thriving on excitement" (She's a peach!) Editign to add: no, wait,she might be a "Gonadal": "create beauty and pleasure, and are playful" One of those types! Not easy to tell when you are 5!

Some day I should do a correlation between Socionic 16T and Meins 25 Bodytypes. Trouble is lots of people I only know under one system or the other.

You can explore her site and learn a lot, but there is nothing like the books (which can be bought used on half.com or Amazon, and there is a one volume man/woman typing book with fewer pictures overall that works fine). Here site, which yo may have to provide an email to in order to get in - I'm not sure - is http://www.bodytype.com/bodytypes/my...t_overview.php (That links you to a page describing the 25 types.It also give celebrities names for each type)

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has explored that bodytype system.

P.S. I also want to add if you see that site, there is a tiny picture of a man and a woman for each type. You have to sense the person; obviously there is not only one kind of heart type, one kind of brain type. If you see the 6-8 different person pictures of each type in the big books, its easier to see your type becasue you don't get stuck on one model's differences. My type is not as compact as that, and I have a defined waist (some Bloods don't, like that model). Nonetheless, my eyes went right to that same model in the book when I looked at body types. In spite of the differences I mentioned, there was something about her that I knew was like me. In the other models, some of the features were more like some of mine, but in that model, still, I could see myself. And I was able to pick out my friends I knew well, too, (also by double-checking with the personality descriptions). And every time I guessed a friend, they confirmed I was right after they looked it over. So I do think there is something to it.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 08-12-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't want to spend 20$ for the test but it sounds interesting.

The Food that works best for me is lots of different vegetables, moderate starchs and moderate meat and lots of Fish (don't eat so much fish though). Lactose and Gluten consumption should be on the lower side. IMO this diet works for most people. The only thing where I feel I differ from others is that I don't disgest so well red meat and pork.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post

The Food that works best for me is lots of different vegetables, moderate starchs and moderate meat and lots of Fish (don't eat so much fish though). Lactose and Gluten consumption should be on the lower side. IMO this diet works for most people. The only thing where I feel I differ from others is that I don't disgest so well red meat and pork.
    Oh, I did not see its $20 for the test. I also tend to pass on that, too, on principle (I think info should be free). I learned from the books. However, the basic info for types is on the site. But if you need good VI, you need the book (or books - Its Different Bodies, Different Diets by Carolyn Mein, and there are two big volumes, one for men, one for women, or, the same info consolidated and pared into one big volume in the newer book.)

I am grilling marinated skirt steak tonight but I told my husband I think i will save my steak for lunch tomorrow, and have salad and a potato. Normally I only give my husband potato with meat, as my naturapath so no meat and starch in the same meal, and I thought the meat was the important part. I am going to follow her way for a good 2-3 weeks and see how I feel after that. She says biggest meal for me should be lunch, and that for dinner for me, carbs (!) and veggies are good. My naturapath says to really limit carbs, so I now if I save them for dinner, I can keep from feeling guilty, and still be following protocol. We'll see. I already eat fruit for breakfast like she says I should.. so it looks pretty do-able. But "red wine, gin, scotch, whiskey " - and the other leaves only vodka and white wine for evening refreshment.... and I am sick about the spinach. I love spinach. I guess once a week is "seldom".
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    [ @DaftPunk, that could very well be a description of my SiTe (9w1 so/sx) husband's body type!]

I just wanted to add to this bodytype discussion that I am a "Blood" bodytype in Carolyn Mein's 25 Body Type System, a bodytype system that some people here might find interesting, especially if you have an interest in VI. The system describes bodytypes and their personalities and the diet that works best for them. I have a lot of confidence, after much study of it, a while back, that Mein really, really has something here. For those of you who like VI, you will like this. I have both her books, the men's types and woman's type. Big tombs. Rather strange books to have on your shelf, too - - for each type a there is a two page black and white photo spread of the front, side and back views of 6 or 8 different people of each type, all in bathing suits - some thin, some fat, some fit, some not, some young, some old. Its an odd photo collection, but its what you need to see to identify, and to understand her type identifying. There is also a long personality explanation, and an explanation of the best diet for your type. One strange thing about my "Blood" diet is that it says eggs ONLY with Swiss cheese! And I often have Swiss around just for this.

A brief mention of my "Blood" personality from her website here is: "need to maintain harmony, are greatly affected by what others think, and will become physically ill when emotionally upset" ... which is true.

I believe my SLI husband is "Brain" type: "are noted for gathering information in detail, as they like to have all possible knowledge on a subject before making a decision"

And my ESE ex "Pituitary" - "manifest the childhood quality of making life fun"

And Elvis Presley "Heart" - "regulate the beat of their environment, readily influencing the moods of others"

And my close EII friend - "Thyroid" - "are theoretical and practical, they thrive on doing things that are worthwhile"
    And another EII friend - "Kidney" - "tend to procrastinate, forcing themselves to excel when under the pressure of deadlines"
    (Both of my EII friends after I guessed their types saw the books and read and confirmed my typing of them).
    [ @Maritsa, are either of these yours? Thyroid, maybe?]

Also I do not know for sure yet my husbands 5 year old granddaughter's Socionics type, but I am sure she is a "Lymph", by her body type and by her personality - "are generally playful, bright and quick-witted, thriving on excitement" (She's a peach!) Editign to add: no, wait,she might be a "Gonadal": "create beauty and pleasure, and are playful" One of those types! Not easy to tell when you are 5!

Some day I should do a correlation between Socionic 16T and Meins 25 Bodytypes. Trouble is lots of people I only know under one system or the other.

You can explore her site and learn a lot, but there is nothing like the books (which can be bought used on half.com or Amazon, and there is a one volume man/woman typing book with fewer pictures overall that works fine). Here site, which yo may have to provide an email to in order to get in - I'm not sure - is http://www.bodytype.com/bodytypes/my...t_overview.php (That links you to a page describing the 25 types.It also give celebrities names for each type)

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has explored that bodytype system.

P.S. I also want to add if you see that site, there is a tiny picture of a man and a woman for each type. You have to sense the person; obviously there is not only one kind of heart type, one kind of brain type. If you see the 6-8 different person pictures of each type in the big books, its easier to see your type becasue you don't get stuck on one model's differences. My type is not as compact as that, and I have a defined waist (some Bloods don't, like that model). Nonetheless, my eyes went right to that same model in the book when I looked at body types. In spite of the differences I mentioned, there was something about her that I knew was like me. In the other models, some of the features were more like some of mine, but in that model, still, I could see myself. And I was able to pick out my friends I knew well, too, (also by double-checking with the personality descriptions). And every time I guessed a friend, they confirmed I was right after they looked it over. So I do think there is something to it.
    Both
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post

these individual variations are interesting.... one thing i've noticed about myself meatwise is if i dont eat enough red meat i feel sub-par and get hungry quickly. For many years i was quite light on red meat, because it was a pain to deal with and cook (at least so i thought at the time), and more expensive than chicken, and there was that faddish thing going around about how red meat was less healthy etc. Back then my diet relied heavily on dairy and eggs to get protein, chicken would mostly be from eating out, the occasional cooking project at home with chicken or fish. When i started getting back into shape and becoming more athletic, i ran into this problem where i would wake up every night at 4am RAVENOUS. That got to be really tedious, which necessitated instituting a midnight snack as a preventative measure. Well, from time to time, i'd get a beef entree as part of chinese take out or something for dinner, and i noticed that when i ate beef for dinner, i didn't feel like eating for the rest of the day, and slept through the night without the pre-emptive snack (which i didn't even want to eat before bed, i still felt full!). I feel stronger when i eat red meat too, more revitalized.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yard of ale View Post
    Endomorph: 0%
    mesomorph: 82%
    ectomorph:18%
    i'll take a wild guess and say maaybe you're a mesomorph

nice. A greek sculpture
    Oh is that how you see yourself...

jk

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm as ectomorph as ectomorph gets.

j9db34j34fp61gdou1yi.jpg

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meso/Endo combination. I'm short/stocky, and more bottom heavy than top heavy, but still with strong arms. I'm 5'1 and very dense for my height, and if left to my own devices I can put on weight almost overnight. When I work out I can put on muscle effortlessly. I require I lot of food for my size weather I'm in the gym a lot or not. I'm deff not a delicate flower, but a bull in a china shop. I like my figure because I feel very secure as if I can't be physically knocked down, I have a lot of strength to me and my familys' nickname for me is Helga.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to take a test but pretty much an ecto/meso mix. Probably slightly more mesomorph.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Ecto. I have an active job right now, so I have more muscle and less fat than I did a year ago. I weigh less than I did, but look healthy rather than scrawny (I think at least).

According to this calculator for females, my shape is hourglass. Narow waist but upper body & hips equal. http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html
    Accordingto this here calculator, im a banana! I am a banana, oh oh, banana!

Also, Im a mesomorph.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh God no lol. Like an acid trip. He looks like my home ec teacher from highschool. Only in man form.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm frail. 5.3 98lb
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Accordingto this here calculator, im a banana! I am a banana, oh oh, banana!

Also, Im a mesomorph.
    LOL

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There a free calculator for guys?

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Endomorph: 0%
    Mesomorph: 75%
    Ectomorph: 25%

Hourglass. BMI around 17, so trying to gain muscle. It's not a good look being so thin with my large frame.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This would make me an ectomorph because I suffer from extremes of temperature
    -

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao I am so a Banana, in more ways than one HAHAH.

I have pretty good boobs but I've always wanted larger hips. My hips make me seem like I have a tiny frame, but my waist and hip aren't that different in size enough for me to look like I have a shapely lower hourglass.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this calculator for females, my shape is hourglass because of my bone structure & where I gain weight. Narrow waist but upper body & hips equal. http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html
    I got an amusing result using that calculator. It told me:

Sorry your body is not in the 4 shapes we calculate.

Many women are not in the 4 shapes we calculate. The standard this calculator uses is mainly for western countries, or Caucasian women. It may not be the most suitable for other races.
    Not sure how to take that one lol.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, the test result I posted the last time was bullshit. I'm Ecto-Endo: paltry frame with an endomorph's metabolism. Not that strange of a concept - high bodyfat levels and small bones are both common manifestations of low testosterone.

Chest: 36"
    Wrist: 6.375"
    Height: 6'
    Never been under 20% bf since hitting puberty
    Last edited by suedehead; 08-02-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably a closer ratio of endo-meso.

ENDOMORPH: 38%
    ECTOMORPH: 0%

Your body is between an
    endomorph and a mesomorph.

Endomorph: Your biggest concern should be losing fat and adopting a lifestyle that keeps it off. Strength training should be done to get a better muscle-to-fat ratio, which will help to boost your metabolism. Use moderate weights at a fast training pace, allowing for very little rest between sets and exercises. Lower your calorie intake and eat frequent but small meals to make sure you're still getting adequate nutrition. Eliminate sugar, sweets, and junk food from your diet. Get your heart pumping by engaging in some form of daily activity such as brisk walking or biking.
    Mesomorph: You have a naturally fit body but, to maintain or improve it, you should adopt an exercise and diet regimen that compliments your build. You can strength train more often and for longer periods of time, but be careful not to overdo it. Train with moderate to heavy weighs and keep a moderate pace, making sure not to rest too long between sets. You'll find you gain muscle quite easily. Don't fear; you won't get "bulky." When you're happy with your muscle size, simply train to maintain. Stick to a good, healthy diet to stay lean and muscular, and watch for any slow-creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, but be careful not to overdo it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Endomorph: 38%
    Mesomorph: 50%
    Ectomorph: 13%

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I am an ecto/meso (became more meso with age), 18.5 BMI and BANANA shaped

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am most definitely an ectomorph.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

ENDOMORPH: 25%
    MESOMORPH: 75%
    ECTOMORPH: 0%

Hourglass

A few years ago I lost a lot of weight (fat and muscle) and got really skinny – and it did not look right on me.
    Makes sense now, considering my Ectomorph-ness is literally like Zero.
    I can only look like an Ectomorph when I starve myself, and it's not pretty.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Now the question is: What kind of body types do you prefer on other people?

Supposedly, the body type most of us will be attracted to is our own,
    followed by society's ideals (currently in Western culture: women being Ectomorphs, men being Mesomorphs),
    and perhaps our "Imago" ideal.

In my case, this is definitely true.
    I am the most attracted to Mesomorphs, and the very least to Ectomorphs.
    To be honest, I'd probably not ever date an Ectomorph. It just does not feel right.
    I'd feel "stronger" than them, and plain too different from each other... it would be uncomfortable to me.
    And to be fair, they'd probably not be into me either (for the most part).

P.S: In another thread there was the argument being made that supposedly Intuitive guys prefer "skinny" girls more often than Sensory guys.
    I believe it all boils down to more Intuitive guys being Ectomorphs themselves, while more lead guys tend to be either Mesomorphs or Endomorphs.
    (But there are exceptions to this, like Sensory guys being Ectomorphs, and some Intuitives being Mesomorphs or Endomorphs etc.)

P.P.S: Based on my observations, it is especially Alpha NT guys who almost always have a strong Ectomorph component to them.
    And somehow, many xSI people do, too, but in their case it is more moderate. That's just something I have noticed.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I am an Ecto from birth (very very skinny till age 25 like 47kg for 1m67) and prefer Meso. So your theory does no work much @SisOfNight... besides I yet have to see people who would naturally go for Ectotypes over Mesotypes.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I am an Ecto from birth (very very skinny till age 25 like 47kg for 1m67) and prefer Meso. So your theory does no work much @SisOfNight... besides I yet have to see people who would naturally go for Ectotypes over Mesotypes.
    My "theory" still works, because the cultural ideal is for men to be Mesomorphs.
    (You could argue you are not affected by cultural ideals... Even so, evolutionarily speaking it was/is more attractive for men to be Mesomorphs, because it communicates "I am fit and can protect you".)

Oh, and many men prefer Ectomorph women. Most Victoria Secret Models are a mix of Ectomorph with some Mesomorph.
    Taylor Swift is an Ectomorph. Etc.

Here is a study that shows/confirms most men prefer slim women:

This is the BMI range that celebrities such as Angelina Jolie and Gisele Bundchen fall into.This suggests that we find thinness in females so attractive because we equate it with youth - a BMI of 17-20 corresponds to the average BMI of a young 18-20 year old with maximal fertility and minimal risk of future disease.
    This was to be consistent across European, African and Asian test groups.
    Historical exposure to famine does not appear to have been an important factor driving the link between fatness and attractiveness.
    Professor John Speakman added: 'Setting this into an evolutionary framework allows us to understand why we perceive thinness in females to be so attractive.
    'Importantly it also suggests that historical exposure to famine has not been an important factor.'
    The scientists now want to conduct a similar study of attractiveness in men.
    I don't think they need to do another study on men's attractiveness – there have been others in the past, showing women generally prefer a slightly muscular build over the others
    (which is pretty much the natural Mesomorph).
    Last edited by Olimpia; 08-27-2016 at 12:46 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    My theory still works, because the cultural ideal is for men to be Mesomorphs.
    (You could argue you are not affected by cultural ideals... Even so, evolutionarily speaking it was/is more attractive for men to be Mesomorphs, because it communicates "I am fit and can protect you".)

Oh, and many men prefer Ectomorph women. Most Victoria Secret Models are a mix of Ectomorph with some Mesomorph.
    Taylor Swift is an Ectomorph. Etc.
    Nan, I am saying that Meso is the conventional ideal since ages that's all. People will go for a Meso over an Ecto per se, and the rest it's just .. well it happens

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually, the Victoria Secret model look is the societal body ideal for most women. I hardly know any men who look at Taylor Swift's figure and want to fap.

Men generally seem to prefer a curvier look (like Beyonce or Scarlett Johansson). If you look at most sex symbols, porn stars or men's magazines, the women generally have Mesomorph or Ectomorph body types.
    The general rule is, fashion models are women's ideals -if you want to see what turns men on, look at porn (duh, obvious). Porn is varied and thus men have many preferences (some like skinny teens, others big tits and ass). And true, not many guys fap to Taylor Swift, but thats probably because she's an asexual praying mantis.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, the Victoria Secret model look is the societal body ideal for most women. I hardly know any men who look at Taylor Swift's figure and want to fap.

Men generally seem to prefer a curvier look (like Beyonce or Scarlett Johansson). If you look at most sex symbols, porn stars or men's magazines, the women generally have Mesomorph or Ectomorph body types.
    So I had to look up Victoria Secret models in google images, and yes, I didn't see a bad body in the bunch. I guess you're right about what men prefer, @Starfall. I've actually never (intentionally) looked at Victoria Secret models before.

I did find a picture of a woman who is the spitting image - and I mean she looks exactly like - an SEI-Fe secretary I work with. Exactly the same hair style and color, same face, same expression, same eyes. It is like they are twins. No, it is like the secretary has a modeling career that she's not telling us about. The secretary is competent, dresses well and is very nice, but is just a bit too thin for my taste. Whenever I see her, I think, Why is she so thin?

SEI tumblr_inline_nz44b0EWgW1t1n6uk_540.jpg
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-27-2016 at 02:38 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Victoria Secret Models are actually supposed to represent the male take of ideal female beauty.
    That is also why those models are the only ones that actually try to look "sexy", opposed to regular runway models.

Just look at how many VS models end up dating relatively famous male celebrities.
    Adam Levine being one of them, his wife is a former VS model. Basically, many male celebrities like to pick and choose from (those) models.
    Especially Leonardo DiCaprio is known for dating models. Gisele Bündchen, everyone?
    George Clooney used to date many models.. Now he is married to someone who is not a model, but is still an Ectomorph.

A lot of famous men go for models. Because they are those men who actually have access to those females.
    The regular guy does not – most regular guys do not end up with women who look like that.

And porn women are actually rarely the most beautiful women.
    They usually have a (semi) hot, usually very fake looking body with an okay face. None of them are considered to be "beautiful".
    The regular guy likes female porn stars because they get to see them naked and such, but also because they are somewhat more relatable.

I bet that if certain other famous women did porn – like Irina Shayk (VS model, dates Bradley Cooper) or another VS Model – the guys would be even more happy.

It is true that there are also men who prefer bodies like Scarlett Johansson's or Monica Bellucci's.
    But both those women are still slim – curvy "in the right places", but slim regardless. Another good example of that kind of body type is Sofia Vergara's.
    I'd argue those women's bodies are actually a mix of Ectomorph and Endomorph.
    You could mistake them for Mesomorphs, but they have little to no muscle tone. The bone structure is that of an Ectomorph with the "cushion" of an Endomorph.

Either way...
    The male take on ideal female beauty usually involves some kind of Ectomorph component
    – something that makes a female seem more "delicate", "dainty", "feminine", "small-boned".

All in all, I just want to make clear that you are rather "lucky" if you are a female Ectomorph in today's Western culture.
    The feminist media likes to perpetuate the idea that "thick is beautiful", and some rappers may agree – primarily men who come from low-class backgrounds.
    (All the rappers speak about "booty", and women who date those men get butt implants – guess why, they want to appeal to this demographic.)
    Men from a higher social class/more money actually prefer slender women. So, if you want to date a rapper, you might not score with one being a skinny chick.
    Other than that, you are pretty well off generally.

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant and derailing the thread.
    I just don't like my observations being dismissed as "false" so readily...
    Last edited by Olimpia; 08-27-2016 at 03:00 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Victoria Secret Models are actually supposed to represent the male take of ideal female beauty.
    That is also why those models are the only ones that actually try to look "sexy", opposed to regular runway models.

Just look at how many VS models end up dating relatively famous male celebrities.
    Adam Levine being one of them, his wife is a former VS model. Basically, many male celebrities like to pick and choose from (those) models.
    Especially Leonardo DiCaprio is known for dating models. Gisele Bündchen, everyone?
    George Clooney used to date many models.. Now he is married to someone who is not a model, but is still an Ectomorph.

A lot of famous men go for models. Because they are those men who actually have access to those females.
    The regular guy does not – most regular guys do not end up with women who look like that.

And porn women are actually rarely the most beautiful women.
    They usually have a (semi) hot, usually very fake looking body with an okay face. None of them are considered to be "beautiful".
    The regular guy likes female porn stars because they get to see them naked and such, but also because they are somewhat more relatable.

I bet that if certain other famous women did porn – like Irina Shayk (VS model, dates Bradley Cooper) or another VS Model – the guys would be even more happy.

It is true that there are also men who prefer bodies like Scarlett Johansson's or Monica Bellucci's.
    But both those women are still slim – curvy "in the right places", but slim regardless. Another good example of that kind of body type is Sofia Vergara's.
    I'd argue those women's bodies are actually a mix of Ectomorph and Endomorph.
    You could mistake them for Mesomorphs, but they have little to no muscle tone. The bone structure is that of an Ectomorph with the "cushion" of an Endomorph.

Either way...
    The male take on ideal female beauty usually involves some kind of Ectomorph component
    – something that makes a female seem more "delicate", "dainty", "feminine", "small-boned".

All in all, I just want to make clear that you are rather "lucky" if you are a female Ectomorph in today's Western culture.
    The feminist media likes to perpetuate the idea that "thick is beautiful", and some rappers may agree – primarily men who come from low-class backgrounds.
    (All the rappers speak about "booty", and women who date those men get butt implants – guess why, they want to appeal to this demographic.)
    Men from a higher social class/more money actually prefer slender women. So, if you want to date a rapper, you might not score with one being a skinny chick.
    Other than that, you are pretty well off generally.

Anyway, sorry for the mini rant and derailing the thread.
    I just don't like my observations being dismissed as "false" so readily...

Because porn stars are more relatable? lol, no, because they make their dicks hard. I'm not taking about proportions of the face here. Many guys find Victorias secret angels too tall- with heels they're like 185 cm and an average Joe prefers their women significantly shorter than him. But sure, they look very elegant and pretty on the runway, not saying they don't.

There are many guys who would rather fuck this ( let's say she's phat )

Attachment 8284

than this (Gisele)

Attachment 8282

I'm talking about sex here, not about daintiness of female beauty. i'm not saying either there aren't many guys who get more turned on by Gisele than by the other chick, but I think you are wrong if you think they are in vast majority and that the ones that prefer to jerk off to the first chick only do it because Gisele is "out-of-their-league" or she isn't doing porn (btw, there are hundreds of girls in porn with faces just as gorgeous as Victoria's secret girls and similar bodies - many Eastern European porn stars have such constitutions, so there's something for every user). Like why are sections like "big tits" so popular if nobody would look at them (and no, not only poor guys and rappers search for that )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast