View Poll Results: What type do you think Delilah is?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE

0 0%
  • LII

0 0%
  • ESE

0 0%
  • SEI

0 0%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • IEI

1 50.00%
  • SLE

0 0%
  • LSI

0 0%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • ILI

0 0%
  • SEE

0 0%
  • ESI

0 0%
  • LSE

0 0%
  • SLI

0 0%
  • EII

0 0%
  • IEE

1 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ON the 13th year of my membership here: type me

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Another friend had become spoiled confessing to me all his adventures with various girls for years on end, i don't know how i got him so spoiled like i didn't really need to know all the who and where and what he said and what she said and so on, maybe he'd fancied me a priest (????);
    The way you talk about spoiling someone sounds like devalued Si, and I don't think this attitude is typical of ethical types. Would you care to elaborate here?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    Writing style without analyzing content reminds me of LII.
    oh, i'm flattered

However, when I look at the world around me I see it broken and beautiful in its multitude of micro and macro equilibriums but I lack the invisible strings to pull at the right spots and without breaking to play with it; I have but one stick, am much more, how to put it, staunch. Think of a pole dancer with only so many tricks up their sleeve;

or this: (a more distant example lol)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose it's more a question for those who get oriented via goals, but for me i'd say for instance it's my goal to become really good at X - like a particular job track if it's work-related, or focus on my swimming style and become super-fly () if it's physical-related. But like i wanted to go into freelance and I thought of skills again, like I wondered if i had the appropriate skill set to go on a particular path: like would I be able to meet all the demands that particular freelance path places with the skills I have and how can i acquire them? I guess tho this is also a bit of phase since I'm thinking a lot about career these days. Does this clarify things somewhat?

I know some people think in terms of say income bracket they want to be in by certain stage in life, etc, and that's a bit different than my approach.
    Tactical>Strategic? I know you said strategic fit well (thus the question mark as I could be interpreting wrongly what you're saying here)
    Last edited by squark; 05-03-2017 at 02:39 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Tactical>Strategic? I know you said strategic fit well (thus the question mark as I could be interpreting wrongly what you're saying here)
    Do you think tactic? I'm curious, from what I get of dichotomies so far I'd assumed I'd *leaned strategy

This may be somewhat unrelated: i find interactions with people who're strongly tactic to be wearing, like I don't know what they want at any given moment but there's sure something more than meets the eye, if this makes any sense.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero View Post
    The way you talk about spoiling someone sounds like devalued Si, and I don't think this attitude is typical of ethical types. Would you care to elaborate here?
    Hi, it's a bit difficult since I don't know how it got started but it turned out he confided in me a lot in a way i feel slightly spoiled due to the sensitivity of information, the feelings etc etc.

But you're right there are things I associate with Si/Ne I don't particularly relate to like leaving things for the last minute what is what i see in SLI i know; or maybe that's irrational Ne/Si i dunno

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, it's a bit difficult since I don't know how it got started but it turned out he confided in me a lot in a way i feel slightly spoiled due to the sensitivity of information, the feelings etc etc.

But you're right there are things I associate with Si/Ne I don't particularly relate to like leaving things for the last minute what is what i see in SLI i know; or maybe that's irrational Ne/Si i dunno
    It sounds like it may have to do with Fi then. This may be devalued Fi, but I'm not sure. Do you usually have difficulty dealing with personal sentiments?

I think putting things off is more common in irrational Ne/Si types than the rational ones.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like it may have to do with Fi then. This may be devalued Fi, but I'm not sure. Do you usually have difficulty dealing with personal sentiments?

I think putting things off is more common in irrational Ne/Si types than the rational ones.
    In the case i described the whole nature of relationship had become burdensome, to where I had become this friend's confidante inridiculously close ways, including detailed accounts of his personal encounters with women lol.

Personal sentiment is fine even if sometimes I see irony in it, in the expression of sentiment and how it matches or doesn't with action and a line of previous sentiments expressed. I have enjoyed your questions

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the case i described the whole nature of relationship had become burdensome, to where I had become this friend's confidante inridiculously close ways, including detailed accounts of his personal encounters with women lol.

Personal sentiment is fine even if sometimes I see irony in it, in the expression of sentiment and how it matches or doesn't with action and a line of previous sentiments expressed. I have enjoyed your questions
    Okay that wouldn't indicate devalued Fi, I'm not sure any type would necessarily want that.

Why is it that you decided to structure the thread in this way instead of by a questionnaire?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think tactic? I'm curious, from what I get of dichotomies so far I'd assumed I'd *leaned strategy

This may be somewhat unrelated: i find interactions with people who're strongly tactic to be wearing, like I don't know what they want at any given moment but there's sure something more than meets the eye, if this makes any sense.
    Yes, that's what I thought I saw, but I'm not sure.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay that wouldn't indicate devalued Fi, I'm not sure any type would necessarily want that.

Why is it that you decided to structure the thread in this way instead of by a questionnaire?
    I'm too familiar with most socionics questions, so primarily to avoid bias but also because i didn't want to bore someone going through a long-a** questionnaire and yes i'm biased on what's boring. I'm trying to use Reinin dichotomies these days to bypass other typings methods.

There are parts in questionnaires and descriptions that are too obvious, like i vaguely remember "you really appreciate people who are efficient and can make things run efficiently " - to me it's really obvious where this is heading
    Last edited by Delilah; 05-06-2017 at 02:19 AM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too familiar with most socionics questions, so primarily to avoid bias but also because i didn't want to bore someone going through a long-a** questionnaire and yes i'm biased on what's boring. I'm trying to use Reinin dichotomies these days to bypass other typings methods.

There are parts in questionnaires and descriptions that are too obvious, like i vaguely remember "you really appreciate people who are efficient and can make things run efficiently " - to me it's really obvious where this is heading
    Ok if it was primarily based on interest that would point to Ne valuing. Do you think Reinen is more reliable than typing on functions?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok if it was primarily based on interest that would point to Ne valuing. Do you think Reinen is more reliable than typing on functions?
    I appreciate Reinin and its observable-ness, but this is getting tiresome, i only wanted a bout of typings!

Let's take the Zen view to the Reinin situation, and to thank you for your contributions

"A monk came from Ting-chou's assembly to Wu-chiu, who said to him, "What do you find in Ting-choue's teaching? Is there anything different from what you find here? The monk said, "Nothing different." Wu-chiu said, "If there is nothing different, why don't you go back there?" and he hit him with his stick. "

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current main guess: ENFp / IEE.

The shotgun approach of throwing out a bunch of potentially helpful, anecdotal information reminds me a lot of my own typing threads, but less orderly and contained. I was able to follow this thread very well, even if I didn't immediately make judgments about what each factoid might mean.

Fi is not a weakness at all for you.

Also, "too much deep theorizing, not enough fun options!"
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Current main guess: ENFp / IEE.

The shotgun approach of throwing out a bunch of potentially helpful, anecdotal information reminds me a lot of my own typing threads, but less orderly and contained. I was able to follow this thread very well, even if I didn't immediately make judgments about what each factoid might mean.

Fi is not a weakness at all for you.

Also, "too much deep theorizing, not enough fun options!"
    <3

Because of missing a certain orderliness in writing i also considered a gamma SF type, mostly because I tend to skip details as I consider them self-evident (like if i see them anyone else should too lol) even as i don't believe i'm an extrovert; all in all i'm grateful to have received replies in this thread as i've hardly made any threads on my type here at all

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're an exceptionally weird, "artistic"/scattered IEI.

This thread is proof of Te polr: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ation-of-Types

Even an IEE would have enough Te to not read something wrong and mistakenly start an esoteric-sounding thread on it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer: even if you think i'm IEI the rest of your characterization of my person seems unnecessary/ redundant/ personally-motivated, so it comes across to me *shrug*

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@niffer: even if you think i'm IEI the rest of your characterization of my person seems unnecessary/ redundant/ personally-motivated, so it comes across to me *shrug*

Te polr proof #2

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3

Because of missing a certain orderliness in writing i also considered a gamma SF type, mostly because I tend to skip details as I consider them self-evident (like if i see them anyone else should too lol) even as i don't believe i'm an extrovert; all in all i'm grateful to have received replies in this thread as i've hardly made any threads on my type here at all
    Gamma SFs, especially ESIs, are not the type to carelessly omit details. Orderliness in writing is about Se and Si as well as Ti. Omitting details also points to lack of Te. IEI works.

Quote Originally Posted by niffer
    You're an exceptionally weird, "artistic"/scattered IEI.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some opinions on this thread that amount to a pile of poop to me.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For whatever it's worth typologically speaking, the material you provided in your first couple of posts made basically no sense to me. It was only when some other member mentioned that they see it as some delicate collection of hints that I vaguely got the point of your posting them. It now seems obvious in retrospect, but initially I wondered if you were joking
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I could see ILI or ESI, I overlook stuff right in front of me sometimes and on the basis of said error or omission construct a castle. it happens to an embarrassing degree

i think its a failure of Ne essentially, because it would say, wait, stop, check again--but Ni gets so sure of itself and [Fi] really wants to express whatever its about to come up with. Te/Fi takes the sketchy intuition as some kind of data point and works off it as if it were true

its happened enough times with me that I'm fairly certain that's whats going on, maybe the same is true for you? I think its a Fi + Ni artistic impulse at bottom

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well, I think the courting process goes something like this:

>meet someone you don't hate
    >duality activated
    >????
    >doesn't it seem like everybody on this forum is just, like, perpetually fucking with each other?
    >????#??@#?@
    >these threads are only fun if you like to talk about yourself, which, I mean, who doesn't? and that's why we have so many of them!!!
    >I hav 3

hey there. I type you *shakes magic 8ball* EII 8w7 -DCHsh Fe subtype lmnop. ESTP, something Strativeisulenko Gamma prototype.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to skip details as I consider them self-evident (like if i see them anyone else should too lol)
    I do the same, very often. I even have a note written to myself on the bulletin board above my desk that reads "Things aren't as obvious to other people as you assume they are" to remind myself to give more information and explain more clearly. I still forget to do this.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the reason why i started this thread, though not the whole reason, was to test whatever possible perceptions i give off.

It happened to me once irl that according to feedback (which I'd asked for) i didn't get a particular job because I was perceived as 'not needing it' - which is so far from the truth so i do wonder sometimes if my gauge of how i come across is poor or something. Thanks for that @squark & @Bertrand, i feel better about the details bit now

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've submitted a poll to make it easier for those of few words I like questioning and there are still a few things I'd like to work out (like why i get along decently with ESE men for instance).

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and a pic for VI *Poof*
    (Pls. no quotes)
    Last edited by Delilah; 09-15-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Oh and a pic for VI
    you've closed the eyes by glasses - it prevents to use your nonverbal for typing
    if you need adequate VI - make a video

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    you've closed the eyes by glasses - it prevents to use your nonverbal for typing
    if you need adequate VI - make a video
    I'm actually really bad with keeping up to date with taking pictures and then too shy about posting them, but if any of these changes i'll be comfortable with providing more VI.

Anyhow, does the rest of the text in this thread give you any insights? I'm fence-sitting on ESI; in Reinin I'm sure i lean on process (slightly) and constructivisim. There were a few other dichotomies I had put down as certain but maybe we'll see if it's a possible discussion option first I don't know who here uses that as methodology.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Anyhow, does the rest of the text in this thread give you any insights?
    The imprtant "insight" I've gotten during reading forums for these years - people who read about types may play in them in big degree. They may describe themselves and try to behave in a way to rise the possibility to be typed to some types. For example, S girl wich thinks herself as N type may talk about her imagination, how she likes to dream etc. So I prefer to see nonverbal (at least) of a human as it's almost impossible to be falsificated. In other cases I prefer to not have sure opinion.

> in Reinin I'm sure i lean on process

Reinin's traits are baseless and are not normal Socionics. don't use them or you may be easily misleaded like by any other baseless hypothesis
    Last edited by Sol; 09-15-2017 at 05:57 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Strong Ne + Te most likely. A type with high Se would be more focused on goals/outcomes rather than potential (of which skill is a special case).
    I actually wondered whether you might want to elaborate on the bolded? I'm just curious you could say about the way you see the relationship between skill and potential - for me when i think Skill i don't think Oh yeah a subset of potential but it's interesting as perspective.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually wondered whether you might want to elaborate on the bolded? I'm just curious you could say about the way you see the relationship between skill and potential - for me when i think Skill i don't think Oh yeah a subset of potential but it's interesting as perspective.
    Skill = potential of a person to be good at something

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skill = potential of a person to be good at something
    Skill is more like something that a person is already good at or has learned to do well. I don't think it's Ne to look at a job and think "What skills are required to do this, and how can I learn them?" Ne would be more like considering your innate abilities and the various ways you could use them.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skill is more like something that a person is already good at or has learned to do well. I don't think it's Ne to look at a job and think "What skills are required to do this, and how can I learn them?" Ne would be more like considering your innate abilities and the various ways you could use them.
    The bolded i'm really bad at, like i'm considering changing professional path exactly because i've been bad at that exact thing (natural propensity ascertaining); LSE I spoke to about it is way way better at such than me even though they're not Ne ego block.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bolded i'm really bad at, like i'm considering changing professional path exactly because i've been bad at that exact thing (natural propensity ascertaining); LSE I spoke to about it is way way better at such than me even though they're not Ne ego block.
    I'm bad at it too - it's the hardest part imo.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skill is more like something that a person is already good at or has learned to do well.
    ok, if you want to get technical, replace "skill" with "talent".

I don't think it's Ne to look at a job and think "What skills are required to do this, and how can I learn them?"
    I don't remember saying it was. This sounds like NeTe perhaps, or mostly Te, rather than pure Ne.

Ne would be more like considering your innate abilities and the various ways you could use them.
    Of course.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, if you want to get technical, replace "skill" with "talent".
    Different things.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I don't remember saying it was. This sounds like NeTe perhaps, or mostly Te, rather than pure Ne.
    You didn't, that was a paraphrase of what Delilah wrote regarding her approach.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bad at it too - it's the hardest part imo.
    Thanks, i feel better now lol. Do you think you can differentiate between rational and irrational? Few people here have said they get an irrational vibe and i was wondering where from.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, i feel better now lol. Do you think you can differentiate between rational and irrational? Few people here have said they get an irrational vibe and i was wondering where from.
    I usually look at temperament as a whole rather than splitting out rational/irrational since IP and EP look different, as do IJ and EJ. That's IRL though - temperament can be hard to tell online as you don't see how the person is moving, reacting, general flow of life, activity level, rigidity vs softness etc.

Edit: btw The Exception brought up some good ideas re. static/dynamic in the other thread, and that's one thing you can also notice in activity level. Dynamics are like a machine that winds up and winds down. Statics tend to leap from inaction to action (especially noticible in EP, but compare an IP getting going vs IJ and you'll notice it too. The IP seems unhurried, everything has time. Think: sloth lol. Not so for the IJ which is more sudden in changes. Oh, there was an old thread on IJs dancing which illustrates the difference in an amusing way: IJ Dance)
    Last edited by squark; 09-21-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

base is not really something what you acknowledge doing when you are one. It is like everything outside of yourself is open for its manipulation all the time. It is not a tool anymore and creativity is then channeled towards rational IEs.

I think to a point where you live outside of it. You just see objective potentials. Do I demonstrate ability: maybe but I don't really notice it myself but others do all the time. It is like I'm wasting myself due to my own irrationality. It lives on outside world.

Just understand what base is all about: program that runs you.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 09-21-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I could see ILI or ESI, I overlook stuff right in front of me sometimes and on the basis of said error or omission construct a castle. it happens to an embarrassing degree

i think its a failure of Ne essentially, because it would say, wait, stop, check again--but Ni gets so sure of itself and [Fi] really wants to express whatever its about to come up with. Te/Fi takes the sketchy intuition as some kind of data point and works off it as if it were true

its happened enough times with me that I'm fairly certain that's whats going on, maybe the same is true for you? I think its a Fi + Ni artistic impulse at bottom
    Did you mean Se instead of Ne? How would Ne say "wait, stop, and check again"?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast