View Poll Results: Who is the best vote?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeb Bush

2 3.57%
  • Ben Carson

1 1.79%
  • Chris Christie

0 0%
  • Ted Cruz

4 7.14%
  • Carly Fiorina

1 1.79%
  • Jim Gilmore

0 0%
  • Lindsey Graham

0 0%
  • Mike Huckabee

1 1.79%
  • Bobby Jindal

1 1.79%
  • John Kasich

0 0%
  • George Pataki

0 0%
  • Rand Paul

1 1.79%
  • Marco Rubio

0 0%
  • Rick Santorum

0 0%
  • Donald Trump

13 23.21%
  • Hillary Clinton

7 12.50%
  • Martin OMalley

1 1.79%
  • Bernie Sanders

24 42.86%
  • Other - Independent

0 0%
  • Other - Green

2 3.57%
  • Other - Libertarian

2 3.57%
  • Other - Other

0 0%
  • Suck it

11 19.64%
  • I made an extra option

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 US Election

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    The Conservative Case for Voting for Clinton

"To vote for Trump as a protest against Clinton’s faults would be like amputating a leg because of a sliver in the toe; cutting one’s throat to lower one’s blood pressure."
    Gee, I don't know, but her flaws are so fucking major that my darkest visions have been vindicated. The bitch is literally partaking in Satanic rituals. As a Christian, I cannot in any right sense even consider voting for her. Ironically, given how I'm a "right-wing" hippie, that news is great. It'll blackpill the fuck out of the Black and Hispanic vote who, unlike the progressive whites, still take the concept of the Christian "God" rather seriously. Identity trumps ideology, but ideology can trump identity if the contrast/stakes are great enough.

End of the day, it's the ideas that matter. Identity politics only goes so far. People of all races, sexes, and what have you still share the universal "human" nature. We seek to be/represent something "greater" than ourselves, and we all latch on to anything that allows us to act on that desire... for good or ill.

Can't happen. A major voting block basically lives to give the middle finger to any power that says they rule over them. If you want to know why the U.S didn't go the way of most of Europe and Canada, you can blame the Scots-Irish of Greater Appalachia and all the redneck votes they represent. I'm one of them, and I can tell you one thing. People like me hold one sentiment in common, and that sentiment is Fuck the PTB, Fuck the King, and if they tell me to either comply or die my response will be to take as many of those fucking asshole pussy cucks as I can with me as I tell them to go fuck themselves up the ass!

This mindset is actually unique to America to be honest. You will not find a people so radically individualistic as to damn near abandon any pretense of "in-group" preference as they. Instead, it's been reduced to "passing" in a very liberal sense of the term. Basically, you don't gotta look like a redneck, but if you sound like one, react like one, and talk like one, then you pass. A cracked article referenced that fact. He was a country boy who moved into the city, but he accurately reminisced that we country folks didn't much mind the minorities... so long as they acted exactly like us! Here's the Article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reason...e-talks-about/.

Passing is a universal thing within humanity. In the end, your "race" is irrelevant. What really matters is adherence/compassion/understanding of the local Tribe and it's customs. Pass that test, and you can become a leader even if you are the only White Man in Jordan or the only Black Girl in Russia. Lawrence of Arabia, he was a thing for that reason. He passed, end of story. The real fear is always of being conquered by an enemy that is nothing at all like you who wants to take all you hold dear and piss all over it on pretty much every metaphorical level. That's the real fear that is polarizing this country. The country folks fear the city, and the city fears the country. Sadly, both need each other to survive and each is essentially willing to cut off their noses to spite their faces. Prayer is basically all any sane person can do now. Only God can resolve this mess with a happy ending...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    It's almost upon us now

During his presidency. He will deport my parents.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

During his presidency. He will deport my parents.

But nah, if he did that it would put the country into revolution, including the government itself, which has lots of hispanics, especially in the military. I hope he isn't that stupid, but if he is...lol.

GOD. This is like waiting to watch the last episode of the season of a show I can't stop watching. I don't know what's going to happen. There's so many interesting possibilities. And then when it's over we get 4 years of season TWO!

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What happened to Trump? He seemed like a decent person decades ago.

He's either one of the greatest trolls in politics or he's losing his mind.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he wasn't a saint in the 1980s; he just knew how to be polite when it suited him. i kind of imagine you could meet very different trumps: the one who seems polite, thoughtful and sincere; and then the other one who is callous and ruthless. anyway, his actions described in that article match with my impression of him: he will do anything, resort to any tactic, to meet his objective. the only thing i could possibly see deterring him would be possible bouts of negativity and moodiness (but they won't keep him down for long). (i'm only speculating/guessing ofc, though i'm sure that's obvious.)

this article went through some of his TV appearances over the years. i agree that he seems to have changed. i think that as people age their brains go through changes and there's possibly more wear and tear on the more cerebral areas but less on the base brain, making a person act far more instinctively than they used to. i don't think this happens to everyone, but i don't think i'm crazy in noticing this.

i'm not sure what trump means by being liked by workers because things i've read have indicated he was very difficult to work for and might not pay you once you finish the job. maybe he appealed to workers when he was being his polite/sincere version. overall i would expect him to always see workers as a means to an end, and to care far more about the end objective than the workers (again resorting to whatever cost him the least).

i can't say trump is lacking in complexity, at least.
    Last edited by marooned; 11-07-2016 at 03:44 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man, i just hate this election. i had a dream last night in which i didn't vote at all, and part of me keeps flying back to that out. today i'm going to um look at the other side again so i can torture myself with doubt.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/29/a_li...clear_in_2016/

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This is almost impossible to prove or disprove so I'll just say it's a possibility that is fun to entertain. However, Hillary was probably chosen to be president long before the election even started. The sideshow we've been exposed to for months is just a distraction to delude the public into thinking we have real democracy. One of three things will happen after tomorrow:

1. Hillary gets enough electoral college votes and becomes president and she does what she's told to do by those above her and everything goes smoothly for the next four years. If she does a good enough job, she'll get re-elected, if not then she will be replaced by a better puppet.

2. Hillary barely loses the presidency, but there's a mysterious recount in a swing state and the supreme court then appoints her as president. Trump will make a big deal about it for a short period of time, but will eventually move on. Then Hillary will become president and few people will question it.

3. Trump by some miracle becomes president but is then apparently murdered by some crazed ISIS lunatic used as a scapegoat by the CIA and no one questions it because he talked a lot of trash to Muslims. Mike Pence takes his place and pretty much does what Hillary would of done as president.

/tinfoil hat
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    This is almost impossible to prove or disprove so I'll just say it's a possibility that is fun to entertain. However, Hillary was probably chosen to be president long before the election even started. The sideshow we've been exposed to for months is just a distraction to delude the public into thinking we have real democracy. One of three things will happen after tomorrow:

1. Hillary gets enough electoral college votes and becomes president and she does what she's told to do by those above her and everything goes smoothly for the next four years. If she does a good enough job, she'll get re-elected, if not then she will be replaced by a better puppet.

2. Hillary barely loses the presidency, but there's a mysterious recount in a swing state and the supreme court then appoints her as president. Trump will make a big deal about it for a short period of time, but will eventually move on. Then Hillary will become president and few people will question it.

3. Trump by some miracle becomes president but is then apparently murdered by some crazed ISIS lunatic used as a scapegoat by the CIA and no one questions it because he talked a lot of trash to Muslims. Mike Pence takes his place and pretty much does what Hillary would of done as president.

/tinfoil hat
    Not quite, too many people have been shaken awake due to the whole spectacle. The "conspiracy theorists" have been by and large vindicated. Even their most outlandish claims (eg. The Elite are a bunch of Satanists) have been proven correct. The stage is set for a new Civil War. This time, however, the "south" has the advantage. During the first the North had the factories and raw materials. This time? Well, the south has all the guns, ammo, mindset, and trigger time at the range, and the north doesn't.

The average libtard cuck hasn't a clue as to what violent Civil conflict looks like. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because people like me know the price. It's steep, so steep we put up with all we have, but there is a limit and we are at that limit. If the Hildabeast gets in... the liberals will wish to high heaven they didn't stop Trump. For what comes after him makes a certain Fuhrer look like a pussy by comparison.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This documentary aired in the UK yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ0f2c4s4B4

It covers the current US election only slightly, but I thought it entertaining and informative etc. (If you object to the usage of some vulgar language, it may not be to your taste).

Rich Hall's Presidential Grudge Match
    "An examination of the sordid machinations involved in becoming president of the United States. Rich Hall looks back at some of the dirtiest and nastiest presidential campaigns of the past, proving that the 2016 race to the White House is not the first time the contest has got personal."

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Not quite, too many people have been shaken awake due to the whole spectacle. The "conspiracy theorists" have been by and large vindicated. Even their most outlandish claims (eg. The Elite are a bunch of Satanists) have been proven correct. The stage is set for a new Civil War. This time, however, the "south" has the advantage. During the first the North had the factories and raw materials. This time? Well, the south has all the guns, ammo, mindset, and trigger time at the range, and the north doesn't.

The average libtard cuck hasn't a clue as to what violent Civil conflict looks like. The only reason it hasn't happened yet is because people like me know the price. It's steep, so steep we put up with all we have, but there is a limit and we are at that limit. If the Hildabeast gets in... the liberals will wish to high heaven they didn't stop Trump. For what comes after him makes a certain Fuhrer look like a pussy by comparison.
    Could you explain why you think there will be an actual civil war If Hillary wins? Wouldn't an ideological war of ideas suffice?

If Clinton gets elected, she'll easily be the most hated president. If she signs the TPP, or god forbid, gets us even more tangled up in the middle east, people will be pissed off beyond all belief. If there's a large enough anti-establishment resistance and a movement to restore our government, seems like even the establishment's most braindead supporters will fall in line. What do you think?
    Last edited by replica; 11-08-2016 at 06:55 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by replica View Post
    Could you explain why you think there will be an actual civil war If Hillary wins? Wouldn't an ideological war of ideas suffice?

If Clinton gets elected, she'll easily be the most hated president. If she signs the TPP, or god forbid, gets us even more tangled up in the middle east, people will be pissed off beyond all belief. If there's a large enough anti-establishment resistance and a movement to restore our government, seems like even the establishment's most braindead supporters will fall in line. What do you think?
    She will do these things but no they won't. Likely they won't even know enough about the TPP to care, and wars are just more of the same old.

If any kind of resistance does happen...well, there is a reason the police have been militarized.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    She will do these things but no they won't. Likely they won't even know enough about the TPP to care, and wars are just more of the same old.

If any kind of resistance does happen...well, there is a reason the police have been militarized.
    You may be right, people might just go back to their netflix and pretend everything's fine, but Bernie and Trump's movements aren't going away. Congress has 11% approval ratings, trust in the media has eroded to 30%, there has to be a breaking point right? What more will it take for people to do something?
    Last edited by replica; 11-08-2016 at 08:25 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may be right, people might just go back to their netflix and pretend everything's fine, but Bernie and Trump's movements aren't going away. Congress has 11% approval ratings, trust in the media has eroded to 30%, there has to be a breaking point right? What more will it take for people to do something?
    If history is any indication, it will most likely involve more joblessness along with some media story involving police brutality or injustice, or economic meltdown. People don't really care enough about politics to revolt until it impacts their lives directly. This is perhaps why say, the Vietnam War encountered a much greater and more active backlash (the draft) vs the Iraq War. Bernie's "movement" is nice and all but it requires exactly the kind of stability and faith in government that is going to be increasingly rare. The alt right, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    If history is any indication, it will most likely involve more joblessness along with some media story involving police brutality or injustice, or economic meltdown. People don't really care enough about politics to revolt until it impacts their lives directly. This is perhaps why say, the Vietnam War encountered a much greater and more active backlash (the draft) vs the Iraq War. Bernie's "movement" is nice and all but it requires exactly the kind of stability and faith in government that is going to be increasingly rare. The alt right, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be going away any time soon.
    I'm not talking about an armed revolt, I was thinking more along the lines of... a million people standing peacefully at the foot of the Capitol Hill demanding new elections to vote the corrupt out or something. Realistically nothing like that will happen until we've hit rock bottom. Luckily we're heading straight for rock bottom =D

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The left has already displayed a penchant for violently suppressing anyone who disagrees with them. Should Hillary win the left will continue to go unpunished for their violent behavior and that will lead to a total breakdown of the social order and Civil War. After all, if you cannot trust that the police will arrest and punish your attacker then you are left with but one option, to take the "law" into your own hands.

There is also the problem of her mass amnesty plan. Diversity+Proximity=War. I don't like that equation but history bears it out. Immigration IS warfare according to the historian Martin Van Crevald. He's right y'know, there's really no difference between the two. Hillary wants us native folk to just surrender to the invading hordes. Naturally, people don't like to just surrender without a fight, hence why the above equation always holds true. The Native Americans put up a fight, and you can bet the current natives will imitate their example. Will they win? Who knows, but fight they will.

Finally, you drastically overestimate humanity's capacity for reason. People don't think, they feel and then rationalize. They are also very tribal. Blacks didn't turn out in record numbers because of Obama's policies, they turned out because his skin color was close to or the same as their skin color. He looked like them, and that's all they needed to know. That's all most people need to know really, only white people seem to not have this tribal/racial awareness and thus focus on things like policy and the like. Everyone else votes their ethnic group/racial interests come hell or high water. That's... not good for whitey. This does, however, have a boiling over point. Eventually, the dispossession turns to rage and hatred. Rudyard Kipling wrote a poem about it and he's right. Once the Saxon begins to hate... well, I just hope you look like a Saxon when it happens. When whitey chimps out, it ain't cities that burn, it's entire continents.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to see which bastard I get to hear about constantly for the next 4 years.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Trump really cares whether he becomes president. He's only after the fame and popularity, which he's been getting in massive amounts, and will continue to find ways to obtain, no matter what the results of the election. If he can't become president, he will become whatever he finds will give him the most of what he's after—adulation, from whoever and for whatever. He's a sociopathic clown, basically.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In regards foreign policy, it is difficult to see why President Hillary would be closer to George W. Bush than her husband.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooooooh nooooooooo.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Trump just won Ohio and if you don't think that's a big deal then look at this link:

http://wvxu.org/post/ohio-when-it-co...ut-it#stream/0

At last we can prove what we knew intuitively all along – that there is no better state to look at than Ohio as the predictor of who the next president will be. And it is the state where the vote in presidential elections most closely mirrors the nation’s vote as a whole.

Ohio is, in fact, the ultimate bellwether state.

We know this because Kyle Kondik, managing editor of Sabato’s Crystal Ball, a weekly politics newsletter published by the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics, looked at presidential elections dating back to 1896 and found that no state had a higher percentage of picking the winner – 28 of 30, for 93 percent.
    Election is still up in the air, but winning Ohio for Trump was huge.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point it's looking like a win for Trump, and a loss for globalism.
    He won't be deporting your family Aylen.

... I guess I shouldn't call it too early, Michigan is still close.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

/me prepares for deportation
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah he's won. GG.

This is a victory for humanity.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still waiting on Michigan. It's close, really close. In 2012, Michigan had 4.7 million people vote. So if that's any indication, they still have another million or so to count?

Come on, Hilary win Michigan. Please let it all end in a tie.

edit: Oh wow, Trump might have Pennsylvania. If he does, he's going to win.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No tie.
    That was a boring conclusion.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations. murica will be great again fuck yeah!

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-.-

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Comforting greetings from Germany...we already know what you're about to go through

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell your neighbors you love them, today. #TheBaltics #NatoEasternFlank @Anglas
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable.

Someone do something fast.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@mu4 What happened to Clinton winning Georgia?
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm right, as usual.....just like I've been right all along about your enneagram and socionic types. A number of you are wrong, as usual. Hillary never had a shot. I told you that back in March. I said in early march. Early March, she has no street smarts. she's not likable. she rode bill's coattails. she stinks. The blacks hate her. Democrats couldn't have picked a worse candidate to run. watch Hillary go off on the Black Lies Matter representative. She's horrible. Trump pulverized her in the debates. Like I told you, if you thought Hillary won the debates you weren't watching. you didn't watch. your deference to the establishment clouded your judgment. Trump pulled that power move going after her husband. I told you what would happen. The FBI reopened the investigation. I told you that was the trump card.The FBI doesn't want the Clintons back in the white house. The Clintons are dirty and corrupt. She belongs in jail. Bill is a rapist. Bernie supporters jumped ship. Ugly Donna Brazile even gave her debate questions. Hillary still lost. the second the fbi investigation broke I posted indicating to you that would be the trump card. Finito. Stick a fork in her.

Trump not only won but he's got the super majority too. He's gonna be able to do all the things he said he would do. Let the nightmare begin. hehehe. shame on any of you for doubting my eerily clairvoyant so/sp antennae. Wish I could have seen some of your faces as I called the biggest upset in political history.

now watch the competitive inumbra schpiel out a long, rambling post to try and stir confusion and distract from the fact I called it 100 percent right.

some of you just flopped around like gold fish the whole thread....the more you spoke the less gravity you had. tehehe sometimes all it takes is a few well timed posts at the very end to dominate an entire thread, which will now stand as a monument for how little some of you know when it comes to presidential debates and presidential races.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I'm right, as usual.....just like I've been right all along about your enneagram and socionic types. A number of you are wrong, as usual. Hillary never had a shot. I told you that back in March. I said in early march. Early March, she has no street smarts. she's not likable. she rode bill's coattails. she stinks. The blacks hate her. Democrats couldn't have picked a worse candidate to run. watch Hillary go off on the Black Lies Matter representative. She's horrible. Trump pulverized her in the debates. Like I told you, if you thought Hillary won the debates you weren't watching. you didn't watch. your deference to the establishment clouded your judgment. Trump pulled that power move going after her husband. I told you what would happen. The FBI reopened the investigation. I told you that was the trump card.The FBI doesn't want the Clintons back in the white house. The Clintons are dirty and corrupt. She belongs in jail. Bill is a rapist. Bernie supporters jumped ship. Ugly Donna Brazile even gave her debate questions. Hillary still lost. the second the fbi investigation broke I posted indicating to you that would be the trump card. Finito. Stick a fork in her.

Trump not only won but he's got the super majority too. He's gonna be able to do all the things he said he would do. Let the nightmare begin. hehehe. shame on any of you for doubting my eerily clairvoyant so/sp antennae. Wish I could have seen some of your faces as I called the biggest upset in political history.

now watch the competitive inumbra schpiel out a long, rambling post to try and stir confusion and distract from the fact I called it 100 percent right.

some of you just flopped around like gold fish the whole thread....the more you spoke the less gravity you had. tehehe sometimes all it takes is a few well timed posts at the very end to dominate an entire thread, which will now stand as a monument for how little some of you know when it comes to presidential debates and presidential races.
    Congratulations on being right?
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm just feeling really bitter right now about American 'democracy' and the whole state of things. I don't want to go to work today. I just want to wallow at home and contemplate my move out of the country.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary could not shake the image of being weak and incompetent and fake.
    Her perceived traits: weakness of clear direction, lack of visionary guidance, inability to break and solve old stalemated problems
    Hillary's campaign was a disaster.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...s-fall/306944/

Your amount of years spent as a politician or a government worker does not equate to your merit for the job. The amount of time you've spent in a career field should not grant you privilege in that career field, and people realize this. Your spending lots of time playing the game does not make you the right person to win what should be a fair competitive game. There is actually merit seen in the person who is a newcomer and who is still able to hold their own.

Some of the deciding battles were not even questions of ideological loyalty.

On the military topic, Trump and Hillary shared the same goals of making things more generally successful. They even shared similar directions and similar tactics (Have the strongest military presence, Win our battles, Work with strong allies), so it didn't even come down to opposing beliefs. It was just that Trump had strategized what seemed like a more filled in and more impactful route to success. The contrast is that Hillary's idea was just to continue on status quo policies of "maintaining" ourselves. She could only be an inert responder to the happenings of the world, even when it seemed like status quo policies were not producing noticeable results, and even when people had already criticized her for past failures as a military leader. She didn't present any proactive plan, demonstrating that she didn't have a proactive plan, she was just planning to ride the waves.

Hillary's economic platform was likewise politically correct, passive, and without clear direction. She was trying to please everybody in this obsequious charlatan way. She just came off like a sycophant. Like: I support the farmers, and the manufacturers, and the poor, and wall street, and small businesses, etc. All these flattering comments because she was seeking support when she gave out compliments, but lacking a concrete plan to back it up, because a concrete plan would require her to draw hard lines somewhere. The goals were the same for both parties (Make the economy good) but Hillary was not able to convince people that her platform would work, she did not present vigorous arguments that business welfare and educational welfare were the ways to go, and she could not compete with conservatives on the tested and simple rhetoric that capitalism worked. Regardless of whichever policies will actually be best for an economy, Hillary did not win the debate.

So then on the two most pressing matters of the day, military and economics, Hillary did not win, (She lost both topics on the third debate, and she began getting evasive) and this says a lot when she's supposed to be a wise elder statesman. Instead of having age-granted wisdom, she had age-granted complacency and entitlement. And you just know that she was not going to be trying anything new to break past the old stalemates. You have to end up giving the torch to Trump, who is at least willing to try new things flexibly, and who proves himself able, even in the most restrained evaluation of the fight, to match himself on par with the veteran, while he himself is a newcomer.

It's about appropriate to blame Hillary for her own loss. She did not win people over. And she was already being blamed the whole time through. Betas apparently already have a mechanism for blaming the loser, anyway. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Stratiyevskaya

If you got caught, then you're already guilty. If you couldn't stand up for yourself, you're to blame for it: you have proven yourself to be "weak". And now you'll pay for everyone!"
    The "guilty" person turns into a "scapegoat" in the full sense of the word: if someone has some sins of their soul or wrongdoings on their conscience, they all unabashedly dump them on him, and he gets blamed for all the atrocities and wrong-doings – today he's the "hero of the day" and none want to take his place at the "pillar of shame". At the same time, he's not allowed to justify himself – for he may try to shift his blame on the shoulders of others or point to his associates among them. So it is better that he keeps silent under the weight of all the charges – others still need to live on, and for him it no longer matters, as he's going to perish in any case.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    just like I've been right all along about your enneagram and socionic types.

wtf. i have said it before. you do not know or understand me well at all. you take one of my faces as my only face. you probably also don't see the complexity of my views and feelings.

some of you just flopped around like gold fish the whole thread....the more you spoke the less gravity you had.
    i flopped around like a goldfish bc there was a lot of shit to consider. i am pleased that i voted for clinton, somehow even more so since she lost, which i didn't see as massively surprising.

trump is like a high stakes slot machine one doesn't know the probability of winning with. and i didn't pull the lever.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast