Thread: School, stress, 10 years, my type, and other stuff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default School, stress, 10 years, my type, and other stuff

I've been going back to school this last week. Its a bit stressfull when you havnt attended for 10 years and decide to give it another shot. 90% of the people in my classes are so much younger than me. I dont know if i fit in...even though for my age i'm fairly young looking.

I've been analyzing my reactions and using Socionics and MBTI concepts to try to piece together the puzzle of my personality. Everytime i can commit to saying that i'm such and such a type, i find someone else in the class who is that type and come to believe that i'm not.

I've bee so convinced on ENFp for the last month or two.... that now i have to once again admit that it aint all together what i feel i am, at least not during these last 2 weeks at school. I've considered a handfull of othere types and seem to be going around in circles. Nothing makes sense again (even though i can just put aside all of these last experiences and stick with my previous ENFP designation but i'm not about to do that) I got some good advice last time i done this maybe this time i can seal the deal.

I've noticed that i havn't felt like talking to many people other than occasional one liners here and there....is it just nerves after having some unfinished business 10 years later to deal with or is my type completely misdiagnosed with illusion. I dont know. i feel like i dont care a lot of the time. Maybe time heals wounds but i dont know.

the only thing that i feel reasonably confident about is the fact that i'm pretty sure ......

I've been using very little Ne in my environment and on my own terms. Now is there such a thing as an ENFp that uses little Ne and can still be called an ENFp

I've been using Fi and Si a lot and not necessarily in that order and that Si sometimes makes me go a little out of control (if not silly at times). This is the one thing that sticks out the most FiSi or SiFi

I dont know if i'm capable of using T at all.
    The more i think about using this function the more i realize i do not have access to the body of knowledge in which it exists. I think i am T stupid. I am only capable of listening to mere T suggestions which go away as fast as they came. T to me is like a fad.
    I dont know what else to say...can anybody figure out my type? Am i SiFi or FiSi ?

Maybe its just me though and things will seem different 3 weeks down the road.....but the School is getting to me a bit. And these courses now they are all computerized. If you are not great at computers ---Good Luck. Any tips for going back ?
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recall your videos... ENFp wouldn't be my first choice for you... IP temperament seemed to fit best, and Si-valuing seemed very clear... The two types I'd investigate, if I was you, would be ISFp, ISFj, and INFj... (ESPECIALLY ISFp... That's the type I believe you are.)

Maybe check out the "digging deeper" thread..? In it, there are ways to go about attempting to clarify one's type, e.g. by club, by function, by renin dichotomies.

If you're like me, your understanding of Socionics grew up around your self-typing... It blows if you build it on a foundation of crap, like I did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post

If you're like me, your understanding of Socionics grew up around your self-typing... It blows if you build it on a foundation of crap, like I did.
    I always seen myself as a relational guy above all things even though i never liked to admit that...i think this means Fi dominant. I think Fi dominants are relational.

I wouldnt go so far as to say i built it on crap (i'm not having that bad a day) its just that Socionics and MBTI is relational. When i first started i had a foundation built on descriptions and i got a bogus answer of INFp more often than anything else. Once i started to make lots of connections i had a relational system (eg quadras). I'm hppy with what i got and how far i've come....its just that still nevertheless...things dont quite make sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I recall your videos... ENFp wouldn't be my first choice for you... IP temperament seemed to fit best, and Si-valuing seemed very clear... The two types I'd investigate, if I was you, would be ISFp, ISFj, and INFj... (ESPECIALLY ISFp... That's the type I believe you are.)

Maybe check out the "digging deeper" thread..? In it, there are ways to go about attempting to clarify one's type, e.g. by club, by function, by renin dichotomies.

Thanks i appreciate that. Would you not say thgough that ISFps are more "pure in their sensory orientations due to numerous bombardments of such sensory data"---i dont know if this describes me well.

i think i am more "relational" (Fi) but i dont know. That is, a lot of the time i find myself correcting the decisions of Si types. Is Fi not the most "relational" of the elements ?

oh and btw. nice kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you like Edmonton then I would say you are a Si-valuing type.

Quote Originally Posted by kensi
    I've been using very little Ne in my environment and on my own terms.
    What do you mean by this? And how do you "use" Fi and Si?

And I would just like to add something:

Don't worry about being much older than people around you. I personally like seeing people from all ages in the classrooms and I don't think people judge you for your age. What made you decide to go to post-secondary?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    Well, if you like Edmonton then I would say you are a Si-valuing type.

What do you mean by this? And how do you "use" Fi and Si?

And I would just like to add something:

Don't worry about being much older than people around you. I personally like seeing people from all ages in the classrooms and I don't think people judge you for your age. What made you decide to go to post-secondary?
    I see Fi as "relational without regard for the external environment" whereas Fe gives regards to the external environment.

I see Si as "historically indicative and accountable without regard for the external environment"

These are probably my 2 strongest traits noticeable or so i will claim here. i think that this would make me some sort of Delta.

ohh thanks for the the tip. I guess it just feels odd going back when you've just entered your thirties. Its been on my mind to go back for the last 4 or 5 years... just a lack of desire to pinpoint a discipline has held me back.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm 24 and am behind on my education really. But it's never too late. My sister knows this one dude, he's getting his Masters at age 80, and everybody clapped for him. =)

That social support makes me uneasy though. Honestly, it's just as bad. Can it not matter? I'm used to not fitting in. Don't act like it's some sacred strength or some terrible weakness. It's just (Most overused phrase in the world, but...) is what it is. Please. I just want to find real love and cry and die like anybody else. Extra hate will kill me, but so will extra faux-love.

The truth of the matter is I was so fed up with the hippie culture of the self-important whines of the big city I was in that I went straight to the most ignorant backwatered town I could think of. Isn't there a happy medium in the world? Oh sweet Jesus. That's all I want.

(Yeah I've always hated people that clapped for me when I accomplished a goal. It's like I had Downs or something.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I'm 24 and am behind on my education really. But it's never too late. My sister knows this one dude, he's getting his Masters at age 80, and everybody clapped for him. =)

That social support makes me uneasy though. Honestly, it's just as bad. Can it not matter? I'm used to not fitting in. Don't act like it's some sacred strength or some terrible weakness. It's just (Most overused phrase in the world, but...) is what it is. Please. I just want to find real love and cry and die like anybody else. Extra hate will kill me, but so will extra faux-love.

The truth of the matter is I was so fed up with the hippie culture of the self-important whines of the big city I was in that I went straight to the most ignorant backwatered town I could think of. Isn't there a happy medium in the world? Oh sweet Jesus. That's all I want.

(Yeah I've always hated people that clapped for me when I accomplished a goal. It's like I had Downs or something.)

Ohh...which big City did you come by along the way
    ?
    Fi and Fe are so radically different.
    I dont mind Fe Suggestiveness in things but i much prefer how does the saying go... mono et mono...one on one (Fi). If i had my way i would deal one on one with everybody and stop having them run off to other people in the midst of my dealings (an Fe attribute).