Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New member salutations + request for typing

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

It would help if I could VI you and you flailed around a lot.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@McBain I'm not going to pretend that I've read all previous posts, neither am I a VI expert, but I'll throw in my guess anyway on an odd chance you agree or disagree with it and it makes anything in self-typing easier to you.
    You don't strike me visually as an IEI at all. I just don't see Fe in your facial expressions and IEIs have quite specific eyes, probably their most distinctive feature imho. Also the IEI artworks that I saw irl were very different.

For some reason you VI as ILI to me (you have visually sth strongly in common with the ones I know regarding the shape of the face, eyes, the look in your eyes, smile, I can't quite put my finger on it, but I guess I see Fi there) plus the colourful artwork you posted really resembles one of the ILIs paintings I saw (the type of strokes, chosen colours, dynamics). ILIs are sensitive people.
    I also don't think all ILIs are socially inept, especially one of the ones I know is very aware of other people and their intentions, plus has a hilarious kind of dry-wit sense of humour.

Don't know if it helped...

oh, in case you're wondering on the strength of particular functions, here's a Classic Jung Test, it gives the % of use of each function plus an MBTI result (obviously not the same as socionics but may point the direction). Will it help? don't know. Will it hurt? Probably not http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html
    (It did help me, the first test that actually made sense, the result was spot on and made me notice my Si that other tests (MBTI, Keirsey, socionics) didn't register due to having also developed Ni)
    Last edited by aisa; 02-05-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hey
    i think IEI is a really good fit for you. i see Fe>Te in your exchanges with people here. i don't know enough to say for sure and i'd probably shrug and go along with any kind of INxx or IxFx type but SEE seems extremely unlikely to me.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    hey
    i think IEI is a really good fit for you. i see Fe>Te in your exchanges with people here. i don't know enough to say for sure and i'd probably shrug and go along with any kind of INxx or IxFx type but SEE seems extremely unlikely to me.
    I agree.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not about your type;

Your appearance suggests naughty fun, like pranking and hoaxing the shit out of people! I approve if that's the case and suggest that you move over to holland since i'm looking for a friend that will encourage me to implement all borderline evil schemes i've been dreaming up ^^

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting test. I always score Infj/Infp on MBTI, fun to see the percentages. Not sure how much worth it has when trying to translate to Socionics though...

Te (Extroverted Thinking)
    (40%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (55%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational
    Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli
    Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity
    Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment
    Si (Introverted Sensing) (45%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments
    Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (60%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups
    Fi (Introverted Feeling) (60%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - infj

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Why do I imagine such adventures in Holland like this?
    Hahaha this is fitting on soo many different levels! (one of which being ILE = named don quixotte ^^ )
    Are you a happy sanchopanda? I love panda's!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    I meant assessment of aggression potential. Se - seeking is very interested in that (attentive to it) and if a person doesn´t display Se, it can seem disappointing, especially in romantically-tinged interactions. I think your picture of Se-seeking is more like a caricature ... after all remember 2 kinds of "victim types" have been spotted , one looks submissive and lost, the other arrogant and challenging, even aggressive . I think people can be quite "sensitive" and fastidious about their dual-seeking function(s) ... it´s like some hidden sensor always on.
    NO.

Se seeking is exactly as I've described. Se seeking is not about aggressiveness. I've already written about this several time. You're just continuing to make a stereotype that is branding one function as "aggressive" which isn't correct. Se is a function that beholds static qualities of an object, it's color, shape size and texture.

In my example the kind of victim type is the lost one...exactly in how she phrases her confusion about choosing and her will in regards to taking an action. The other victim type, the EIE, is the one who seeks someone to clarify and add though and analysis to something to brush up turbulent feelings in regards to matters that they make judgements on.

Please don't engage me with your lunacy if you continue to brand types things they are not to apease your prejudice.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    NO.

Se seeking is exactly as I've described. Se seeking is not about aggressiveness. I've already written about this several time. You're just continuing to make a stereotype that is branding one function as "aggressive" which isn't correct. Se is a function that beholds static qualities of an object, it's color, shape size and texture.

In my example the kind of victim type is the lost one...exactly in how she phrases her confusion about choosing and her will in regards to taking an action. The other victim type, the EIE, is the one who seeks someone to clarify and add though and analysis to something to brush up turbulent feelings in regards to matters that they make judgements on.

Please don't engage me with your lunacy if you continue to brand types things they are not to apease your prejudice.
    If you shout "NO" more than once, you may be more convincing.

Victim
    - Can project either a submissive or arrogant view of themselves
    - The openly submissive version never questions the partners
    control but expects the partner to "show the way" in all aspects
    of the relationship or interaction
    - The arrogant version looks aggressive and always challenges people
    but the true meaning of this behaviour is to find an aggressor who
    is stronger than the victim themself. This type can never be "tamed"
    but the partner has to "apply force" at all times to keep the
    arrogant victim under control
    - Hates signs of weakness in others
    - Has "I want you to control me (if you can)" attitude

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    NO.

Not that it matters, but my LIE father, though "Victim" as erotic attitude, is very decisive and capable of choosing his way as well as others' -- he's been leading an institution for more than 2 dozens of years. He is also very good at estimating stuff like assertiveness and staying power in people, not only general (professional) competence.
    Last edited by Amber; 02-05-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm thinking LII, but I can't say for certain.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i´m inclining more towards Fe for you as your thread progresses . Enneagram 4. Have you managed to find your own type on your own btw or still confused.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The score so far:

Thread:
    IEI
    ILI
    SEE
    LIE
    LII

BETA
    GAMMA
    DELTA

Me:

Of all the literature that I read prior to joining the forum -- I identified with both IEI and ILI -- now I'm even more confused about that, not just from this thread but from further reading. What gives off the impression of Fe now more than Fi?
    lol sorry for the confusion brah

Most people around here don't know how to type, and I can only type with certainty either in person or via videography.

At this point I'm oscillating between LII, EII, and IEI for you.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The score so far:

Thread:
    IEI
    ILI
    SEE
    LIE
    LII

BETA
    GAMMA
    DELTA

Me:

Of all the literature that I read prior to joining the forum -- I identified with both IEI and ILI -- now I'm even more confused about that, not just from this thread but from further reading. What gives off the impression of Fe now more than Fi?
    here's an idea, there are socionics closed fb groups segmented in duality - maybe there you'll see whether you 'fit in' with a certain type and understand them more than another?
    honestly regarding Fe, like I mentioned before I see more Fi in you. It seems that the fact that you can interact nicely with other people in the forum and actually have a sense of humour doesn't fully resonate with the ILI stereotype. Thing is imo this is just that, a stereotype and irl ILIs are perfectly capable of being engaged in a conversation and joke around with i.e. ILEs and SEIs.
    then again it's just an opinion (based on knowing closely two ILIs in my family, still an opinion, nevertheless )

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have facebook so no deal there -- but good idea nonetheless. You know maybe you're right and despite my suave and debonair interwebz comportment -- I really truly am an ILI at heart...
    well, tbh I've read through all the other answers by now (unlike with my first post here, lol) and I remember you writing sth along the lines that SEE is what you consider sth of a perfect way to socially interact, like a goal for you (sorry for not giving a quote per se). Now the question is whether you act the same way irl most of the time as here (i.e. you're open and you need a lot of interaction) or you're actually more open here in an annonymous environment than irl. The ILIs I know enjoy interaction irl, but at some point they get tired of it and need to retreat to the safe haven of their home/room and enjoy their alone time. The SEE I know needs way more interaction. Of course introversion/extraversion is a spectrum and doesn't purely define type. But given ILI/SEE is supposed to be (in great simplification) sort of "the same person but inside out" then comparing the energy levels used and usual behaviour might actually give a direction which of those two types a person is.

I know I notice sth similar in me. (I'm SEI in a relationship with ILE). Basically when I'm in a happy cheery mood and/or open with friends who know me well - I pretty much act similarly to ILE. Diferrence is - he's in this mode most of the time, while my ILE-like behaviour is natural to me, but it's not a permanent state. (This works both ways, when he's in need of relax he acts similar to me in my 'normal-mode'). When I interact via net I seem to be more open than irl interaction simply because here there's always a chance smn just won't read what I write if they're not interested/find it too long. Whereas irl I observe people and if I see they're not interested in what I have to say, then I just shut up and go into my 'listener-mode' and listen to them. (I don't want to talk for the sake of talking - I want to be listened)
    mini-ramble/rant here: It can take years for some people to get me to open up if they are very extroverted themselves and have a tendency to cut me off mid-sentence. Then they usually feel they had a brilliant conversation with me (more of a monologue tbh, lol) but if smn asked them what they learned about me from the convo, they'd probably not know, cause they were busy listening to their own voice Which is fine, I enjoy other people's stories. But the people I open up to are those who I really know are interested in what I have to say and actually want to listen to 'me' and aren't just looking for me to take a breath to cut me off and start their own story.

Having said that if it was tl;dr -
    from my personal observation - doesn't mean it's true with everyone ofc:
    I think the real life interactions are the ones to take into consideration when you're looking to identify your type. Introverts are more extroverted online than irl. Whereas extroverts are either the same in both instances, or seem more introverted as they're too impatient to take part in too much online interaction (cause you know - real life is waiting for them outside the window ), or they don't bother interacting online.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't have facebook so no deal there -- but good idea nonetheless. You know maybe you're right and despite my suave and debonair interwebz comportment -- I really truly am an ILI at heart...

Attachment 3057

p.s. how the hell do you guys and gals do the "spoiler" thing?
    it's not a matter of being "suave and debonair" or cracking jokes or striving to look sarcastic. Your reasoning is not Te. And man, you're confused about which Ni dom. type you can be coz "ILI sounds way too socially oblivious" from the descriptions.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    honestly regarding Fe, like I mentioned before I see more Fi in you. It seems that the fact that you can interact nicely with other people in the forum and actually have a sense of humour doesn't fully resonate with the ILI stereotype. Thing is imo this is just that, a stereotype and irl ILIs are perfectly capable of being engaged in a conversation and joke around with i.e. ILEs and SEIs.
    of course any type is capable of interacting nicely and having a sense of humor, i agree. but every time you interact you have a choice about what skills you're going to use and what kind of foot you're going to put forward. mcbain could have kept this thread on a much more purely information-sharing and technical track but he chose to be personable and "suave and debonair" : p ... i think that says something

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    mcbain could have kept this thread on a much more purely information-sharing and technical track but he chose to be personable and "suave and debonair" : p ... i think that says something
    It feels very much like an beta Fe way of image building to me. Listen to lungs, children!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    Not that it matters, but my LIE father, though "Victim" as erotic attitude, is very decisive and capable of choosing his way as well as others' -- he's been leading an institution for more than 2 dozens of years. He is also very good at estimating stuff like assertiveness and staying power in people, not only general (professional) competence.
    I think those attitudes are implied to be just that- erotic - because in that realm people supposedly only use their irrational functions.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gay Ni at its finest. You're going to have to compete with Scapegrace when it comes to Werner Herzog, so I can type better...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aww the wittle baby wants attention, too. Gootchey-gootchey-gooooooo. Babah?
    Heh, I would cut your head off when you would do this to me in person. Peace.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's more threatening if you say: I am going to cut your head when you do this to me in person. No "woulds" unless you got a hard-on, babycakes.
    I wasn't threatening you in any way, brain dead. That was a promise. I do not make threats, only promises. As for your Byronic blatant homosexuality, you may practice it on your kind.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE, perhaps?

Does a "faith in opposites" sound "dialectical-algorithmic" to anyone else?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, this is what I'm referring to:
    The essential distinguishing feature of the Dialectical style, is a view of the universe as a unified struggle of opposites. In speech it often uses syntactic constructions "if-then-else", the predictive branches of a developing process. Within limits, the Dialectic strives to find an intermediate point of dynamic equilibrium between contrasting extremes. Dialectical cognition is born from the colliding flow and counterflow of thought, the consciousness and unconsciousness. Thinkers of this style are characterized by an express inclination towards the synthesis of opposites, the removal of contradictions, which they so keenly perceive.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww the wittle baby wants attention, too. Gootchey-gootchey-gooooooo. Babah?
    now this sounded annoyed Fe... ok, now I am confused.
    ...you said Fe and Fi were close %?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

is this you by any chance? @McBain

Starfall linked this this video earlier in chat and it was strangely reminiscent

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I wish.

do you happen to have any photos of yourself closer up? showing your face and eyes in full? right now I'm of same predicament as @aisa that there is something about the visual material that you posted that isn't congruent with iei but more pictures or a video would resolve those doubts

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

Starfall linked this this video earlier in chat and it was strangely reminiscent
    now that sounds exactly like the sort of thing an IEI in love would say (I'm starting to wonder if all of them use the same phrases and try to make you believe you're the best thing that happened to humanity since the invention of fire...), IEI eyes there, too.
    (don't know if EIE would act similar as I've never dated an EIE)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given you VI exactly like a male version of the ILI I know and do not remind me of IEIs visually (the eyes, proportion of lower parts of the face), and...
    In writing you sound ILI/IEI and you said you test as either of the types, but in the Jung Test the result was close but pointed towards ILI with many functions on a similar level of development (I hope I remembered correctly), then...
    => My bet is on ILI, but tbh only you can know for sure. Mind you if you have some functions similarly developed you may act like one type in once circumstance and more like another in a different circumstance. On one hand it gives you more versality as it makes interacting with other people easier as you unconsciously switch between used functions depending on the person you're interacting with. On the other hand if you want to dig down to your core type (if you believe in such a thing as 'inborn' type) then probably this will take a bit of time. And thinking about duals should help a bit too (meaning whether interaction with SEE is more attractive and easier in the long run or interaction with SLE is more attractive and easier in the long run)... The in the long run part is important, cause duals not neccessarily 'hit it off' right away if they haven't met a dual before. But from my experience the interaction with a dual be it in a relationship, friendship or job - is in the long run quite enjoyable and less straining than with some other types. At least that is my experience.

tl;dr Maybe also join those MBTI/Keirsey forums and see where you feel more 'at home'?
    -> http://www.infjs.com/ (thing to remember here is there are bound to be some mistyped MBTI INFPs there too)
    -> http://intjforum.com/index.php (there are bound to be some mistyped MBTI INTPs there too)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ I´m not a supporter of typing by relationships primarily, but just by loosely scanning your interactions here, I don´t really see anything hectic with Te/Fis. As VI I admit he doesn´t match my image of IEI, rather Fi > this last pic reaffirms first impression. However I wouldn´t count out Fi base. A Fe polr wouldn´t necessarily judge ILI in the descriptions as "way too socially oblivious" , that would rather reflect strong Fe. A Fe polr would be more likely to ignore such info or take it for something neutral / fair enough. Moreover there´s often been some misinterpretation of general comments on information elements, only referring them back to the self and some subjective meaning (that could also be weak N). I don´t really see Te in his whole interaction with ppl here. Come to think of it, I´m not really sure I see Ni in his art, either (visual one) ...or at least not some highly figurative style that could irradiate Ni base.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Jesus, I think I have dated "this guy" before. He wrote me about 100 poems, he wrote stories about me,he created a website shrine to me. He added the last letter of my real name to certain words so they would end with my name, when he wrote. He took my face and photoshopped me onto pics of faeries, goddessess, mermaids...etc. He clung to every word I said. He held me an emotional hostage for three years by attempting suicide every time I tried to leave. He was way smoother than this guy though. I learned from that experience though... that this isn't my type. He portrayed himself one way but underneath he used my sensitivity to keep me on the hook. He is my only ex that holds ill will toward me because I finally cut him off and it was one dramatic scene, to say the least.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is so uncomfortable to watch...please make me good food or repair my steam cleaner to show your love, guys...

@McBain, you V.I. ILI, but I get such an IEI impression from you...how comfortable are you in group settings? How do you behave at parties where you know a few
    people and don't know others? How does group atmosphere affect you?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That! was a creepy video. It was like watching the early years of some adult stalker and serial killer.
    "I need you more than humans need food or water." "Stay perfect for me." And his laughter...creepy.

*scrubs out brain*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't get any particular vi impression at all. what are you people seeing??? i'm curious.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

imo he VIs something like Oscar Wilde Attachment 3068

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've read that description before -- that sounds about right in terms of the Dialectical style. EIE, hmm, perhaps. Thanks for using the literature!
    In your first post you said:
    I'm not an ENFj EIE -- that much is certain

Why do you think that?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Examples of Ni in art?
    It´s a bit weird to use them just to exemplify some functions, but that would be strong Ni imo Attachment 3069Attachment 3070

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

<3<3<3<3<3 Wow-aylen, you're-aylen so-aylen pweeeeeeetty-aylen and-aylen peeeeeeeerrrrrfect-aylen !!!-aylen How-aylen could-aylen such-aylen a-aylen creep-aylen like-aylen that-aylen do-aylen to-aylen you-aylen !!!-aylen <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Oh god! Is that you? You found me again didn't you? I still have the restraining order!

YWIMW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I receive myers briggs INTJ on a bunch of tests all the time -- didn't seem likely...perhaps just a lack of Socionics knowledge.
    Well, you can compare your mannerisms, speaking style, and facial characteristics to the various LII in this thread:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...f-LII?p=996901

Also, you should consider posting a video.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Bloem View Post
    Well, you can compare your mannerisms, speaking style, and facial characteristics to the various LII in this thread:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...f-LII?p=996901

Also, you should consider posting a video.
    Does MBTI INTJ = socionics LII in your opinion? If so - why?
    (I vote switching last letters for introverted types when trying to 'switch' from MBTI to socionics, so INTJ = ILI in my book - which in my experience seemed to work better so far, that's why I'm asking for your reasoning - is it based on your experience or on some theory?)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast