Thread: ENTps: can you describe yourselves?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typing House MD as ENTp is a very controversial move. To base any view as to what ENTps are typically like on that character (which, I might add, is fictional to begin with) would be a great example of the kind of irresponsibility I am talking about.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Typing House MD as ENTp is a very controversial move. To base any view as to what ENTps are typically like on that character (which, I might add, is fictional to begin with) would be a great example of the kind of irresponsibility I am talking about.
    I've typed House on a lot of occasions and this is info I've used to type house. Rather I typed House based on what I quoted! Not the other way around. I guess it is a sort of a circular reference but take it as you will.

The funny thing is that I said this same exact sentiment when I was maybe 15 or so to my friend not based on some story or what not but rather based on my personal experience.

SOMEONE WROTE this, someone felt this, some might have heard this and someone gave this dialogue to a character.

Anyways, plenty of other Alpha NT's have reflected the same sentiment. People like Spinoza and other philosophers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza
    Insofar as men are torn by affects that are passions, they can be contrary to one another …[But] insofar as men live according to the guidance of reason, they must do only those things that are good for human nature, and hence, for each man, i.e., those things that agree with the nature of each man. Hence, insofar as men live according to the guidance of reason, they must always agree among themselves”
    For Spinoza passion are not emotions like joy, happiness and the like but rather attachment to such emotions or things or people or whatever. Also it is not that Spinoza denies passion completely, but rather only actions based on these attachments, rather he proposes that we counter actions based on attachment with action based on reason.

leads to rather then

But I'm leaving out the most important aspect of his philosophy which is contemplation of God/Nature.

I use a lot of historical/architypical figures in how I discuss things so you will have to bear with me, because I have a hard time just saying this is how I feel as truth without someone within this particular space time continuum echoing such a thought.

Anyways, more House quotes, because somewhere there is probably a ILE writing dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by House
    I'm the most curious man in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by House
    The only thing I can do is think. I can pretty much do that anywhere. As long as no one's bugging me.
    Last edited by mu4; 03-26-2010 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza
    insofar as men live according to the guidance of reason, they must always agree among themselves
    It's interesting that you identify with this part of the quote and at the same time don't give a shit that 90% of all people type House different from the way you do. If Spinoza was alive and here today, he would have considered you a poor student of his writing.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's interesting that you identify with this part of the quote and at the same time don't give a shit that 90% of all people type House different from the way you do. If Spinoza was alive and here today, he would have considered you a poor student of his writing.
    90% of all people are probably stupid and liars...

Wait.. House thought that too..

Spinoza thought that too for that matter. He was a very lonesome man in a world mostly hostile to him. Certainly he wasn't expecting the world around him to all of a sudden agree with him.

Aw snap!

Anyways, enough people type House ILE that it's meaningless for me to dismiss my personal assessment. Anyways I think David Shore is also ILE.

Anyways, you seem to be picking very small details you find contention with to comment on which I add to illustrate prior points. If you want to excise these comments and then discuss everything else I've written feel free, because the argument still exist beyond your minor contention that House is not ILE or whatever your assumption about Spinoza is.

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    We're all more "responsible" to our ego elements and not so much to our weaker or unvalued elements. For a ILE to be timely, focused on something not of their interests is what makes ILE irresponsible in positions that require these qualities. So they are not a type that caters to others. They also don't care too much to gain from catering to others.

Now being timely and working on things not of your interest is something many many people do and have to do in order to survive, and there are a lot of ILE who are forced thru material circumstances to adopt these sort of roles in order to survive. In truth, ILE is just not a slave nor a master and wish to escape such a circumstance for themselves without dying and losing a lot of social pleasures that exists as a part of society.

Some people call me a very responsible person and some people call me a very helpful person, but I am very honest about not taking on many responsibilities. Only those that I can fulfill and succeed in. People in my life have always asked me to do this or that or take charge in this or that. I reject them constantly yet it does not end. Yet in a emergency I can be very successful because other peoples need can be very interesting to me. There are situations in life which others will speed dial me on in life but they know enough to leave me alone otherwise.

Fi is not the only function of responsibility, maybe of responsibility to family and personal responsibility and perhaps some sense of moral responsibility.

Se is the function of organization responsibility and hierarchy. This is why titles, status, position are important aspects of Se.

Conventional ideas of responsibility and hierarchy are pretty much neccessary for people, mostly because people are totally incapable of surviving or doing much of anything without complying with these rules and the needs of others. A ILE believes themselves to be anything but this.

It's not they think they can go it alone and be super successful, but they can go it alone and it will be OK.
    Comment on this or shut it.
    Last edited by mu4; 03-26-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Creepy-male

labcoat, are you purposefully derailing my thread to try and find out why I made it? Or did I just open the pandora's box of worms here?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    labcoat, are you purposefully derailing my thread to try and find out why I made it? Or did I just open the pandora's box of worms here?
    Pandora has been collecting worms for a long time.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the accusation? I just want to get at part of the reality around the ENTp type which you wouldn't get if you just politely ask them about it. I'm doing your thread a service.

Creepy-male

Why the accusation? I just want to get at part of the reality around the ENTp type which you wouldn't get if you just politely ask them about it. I'm doing your thread a service.
    Paranoia is why!

I actually just wanted to knit together a description that, when related to an ILE, would make them go " how'd you do that?"

Surface motive.

Ulterior motive: I thought the above would be helpful if I'm ILE hunting. Which I intend to be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ulterior motive: I thought the above would be helpful if I'm ILE hunting. Which I intend to be.
    I like your ulterior motive.
    *insert witty comment here*

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you heard of this?

Every ILE out there are implanted with Ne technology and Ti microprocessors that only this state of the art device can pick up via GPS. Locate ILEs anywhere in the world with the amazing ENTp Locator 200X!

Pick up the phone right away, don't delay, call today.