Thread: African Americans, Police, and several other things tied into this.

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    A lot of us are just naturally slow, impulsive, and incapable of delaying gratification (it even manifests at a benign level, e.g.. my binge eating, nihilistic spending habits, and lackadaisical comportment in general) - exemplary African diasporan ethnic groups like Nigerian Americans, Ghanaians, etc. are typically members of the small, affluent intelligentsia back in their home countries.
    Type related! Many black Americans are SEE type and they don't like or can't be entertained by the slow and methodical nature of higher education but there are exceptions. My dad was SEE (he's not black American )and he was smart but didn't go to college. He thrived in Culinary arts education. I feel like if education was modeled differently it would be possible to graduate more SEE kids.

Racism exists because it's deeply engrained in us. We thrive in small social circles and we want to have social constructs that support our reality and validate us in some way.

And I agree with @Starfall race is a social learned trait it isn't natural
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Type related! Many black Americans are SEE type and they don't like or can't be entertained by the slow and methodical nature of higher education but there are exceptions. My dad was SEE (he's not black American )and he was smart but didn't go to college. He thrived in Culinary arts education. I feel like if education was modeled differently it would be possible to graduate more SEE kids.

Racism exists because it's deeply engrained in us. We thrive in small social circles and we want to have social constructs that support our reality and validate us in some way.

And I agree with @Starfall race is a social learned trait it isn't natural
    Interesting thought. These are traits on growth. I wouldn't call them SEE types as much as I'd call them raised in a subculture that is strongly inclined towards SEE behaviour, and that culture is forced, based on wealth, and harsh environments squeezed out from a time that preceded the current.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many black Americans are SEE type....
    I was already wondering why many of them have big dicks, but now I know...
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I was already wondering why many of them have big dicks, but now I know...
    I think it's al a stereotype not that I've experienced personally
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's al a stereotype not that I've experienced personally
    Maybe you should try it once. It will have the benefit of you being silent for at least 5 minutes.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Maybe you should try it once. It will have the benefit of you being silent for at least 5 minutes.
    I have a husband. Sure he won't like that hahaha and I run opposite direction of "big"
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a husband. Sure he won't like that hahaha and I run opposite direction of "big"
    Have you asked him? I mean, he may like being cuckolded, and he already has to compete with this forum for your attention.