Thread: Member Questionnaire (OctoberForest)

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rat's a bit of a stick in the mud and very touchy.

I instantly like your posts, for the record. you seem like a nice kid.

also so far I think you could be any quadra but beta.

TIM
    I wish I bloody knew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    rat's a bit of a stick in the mud and very touchy.

I instantly like your posts, for the record. you seem like a nice kid.

also so far I think you could be any quadra but beta.
    Hm, yeah, he did seem a little unsettled...trying to think of what I said that offended him but it's coming up blank.

Thank you very much

Of all the types I'm considering, i've narrowed it down to: ENFp, ESFp, ISFP, INFj (perhaps the last one is a bit of a stretch) I mean, I'm probably xxFp; but like Narc says, I'll have to wait till I'm a little more...settled. :3

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberForest View Post
    Of all the types I'm considering, i've narrowed it down to: ENFp, ESFp, ISFP, INFj (perhaps the last one is a bit of a stretch) I mean, I'm probably xxFp; but like Narc says, I'll have to wait till I'm a little more...settled. :3
    That's a rather wide range of types; you're looking at , , , , and , all of which (save IEE and EII) are from completely different quadras. Looking into the IM elements and getting away from the dichotomies is a good start if you want some better possibilities to work with.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    I wish I bloody knew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    That's a rather wide range of types; you're looking at , , , , and , all of which (save IEE and EII) are from completely different quadras. Looking into the IM elements and getting away from the dichotomies is a good start if you want some better possibilities to work with.
    I think I still have MBTI theory in the back of my mind: lurking away, influencing my decisions when i'm trying to adapt to socionics.

Since I now have types to consider, I'll look into the quadras. I was lost before. (as long as those types seem reasonable to me, that is..?)

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I still have MBTI theory in the back of my mind: lurking away, influencing my decisions when i'm trying to adapt to socionics.
    Most of the people here were once infected with the MBTI virus

Since I now have types to consider, I'll look into the quadras. I was lost before. (as long as those types seem reasonable to me, that is..?)
    I'd especially recommend you to look at the valued pairs Ni/Se, Ne/Si, Ti/Fe, Te/Fi maybe one springs out and you're sure you don't value it (or do). I could for example rule Ni/Se out what left me with four types because I was sure to be a logical type.

TIM
    I wish I bloody knew
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Most of the people here were once infected with the MBTI virus
    Good to hear other people feel a sort of disdain to it too it seems to be less about understanding the theory and more of loading stereotypes (false ones at that) onto people...I've been typed as Ne so many times, when i may not be. Other people have told me I've been typed as Ne because of the bias that exists - y'know, if you're random and intelligent (not saying this is true, this is what other people have said. I hope they're right ) you must be Ne! It seems as if Sensors are inferior lifeforms, which pisses me off. They're actual equal people here!

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I'd especially recommend you to look at the valued pairs Ni/Se, Ne/Si, Ti/Fe, Te/Fi maybe one springs out and you're sure you don't value it (or do). I could for example rule Ni/Se out what left me with four types because I was sure to be a logical type.
    Hopefully I'll be able to at least rule some out. I never could in MNTI theory - all the functions seemed to have a place; never dominant in one, ideally equal in all...though I know this is false; my introspection is probably not realistic...

cheers :3

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear other people feel a sort of disdain to it too it seems to be less about understanding the theory and more of loading stereotypes (false ones at that) onto people...I've been typed as Ne so many times, when i may not be. Other people have told me I've been typed as Ne because of the bias that exists - y'know, if you're random and intelligent (not saying this is true, this is what other people have said. I hope they're right ) you must be Ne! It seems as if Sensors are inferior lifeforms, which pisses me off. They're actual equal people here!
    I exactly know what you mean and feel with you . It's more the forum users fault than MBTI's fault but IMO MBTI and even more Keirsy highly incites to such behaviour.

Hopefully I'll be able to at least rule some out. I never could in MNTI theory - all the functions seemed to have a place; never dominant in one, ideally equal in all...though I know this is false; my introspection is probably not realistic...

cheers :3
    Socionics is pretty rigid and every IE has his exact place. I wouldn't argue with someone who doesn't appreceate it because of its rigidness.
    I was confronted with MBTI the first time with 16 and I also couldn't relate to certain functions or types. Because interests are changinc a lot at this age people can see them in many types (I don't want to say that interests are bound to types)
    If you're interested just start to read different articles in the article section. There's the possibility that type, valued IEs(functions) etc. will peel out.

Here's a link about quadras with some more specific descriptions if you are interested http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-Four-Quadra