Quote Originally Posted by negern View Post
You know exactly what I meant.
Not really, but I am open to hearing your explanation and would prefer to hear it rather than voice assumptions.

1. Usefulness is subjective.
Sometimes.

2. What you believe to correspond is subjective. If you can prove that it doesn't correspond post some sources, I can't take you for your word anymore.
3. It is not bad til you link the sources which supposedly "don't" correspond.
You aren't posting sources here either, just your opinion of what works. Why demand of me what you aren't doing yourself?

Dichotomies are not hard and fast rules. There are Rationals who seem more Irrational at first glance. (Rick DeLong has written on this, but I don't recall where exactly.) I am one of them. I resisted being typed Rational for months because I was stuck on dichotomies and temperament descriptions that told me I was Irrational rather than Rational. I didn't start considering Fi-base (EII at the time) until Rick himself put it forward during a type consultation. There are also introverted Extratims and extroverted Introtims, which Rick has written about on his blog. Getting caught up in the dichotomies at the expense of IM elements is a bad practice and can lead to mistypes. But even if you want to argue that they are useful in some circumstances, take Rick's description of the dichotomies and compare them to that test. Furthermore, certain questions on that XL questionnaire are overly simplistic; the true answers can be highly context-dependent. I can go in-depth if necessary, but I don't really feel like it at this moment. Exploring when it does or does not apply is far more constructive than simply saying "I do/don't do this" and assigning it to one side of a scale.

By the way, your method gives me INTx, which is incredibly inaccurate when you look at the IEs involved. I am neither Ti base nor Ni base.