The Neighborhood Witch Nocturne's Avatar
    TIM
    ESI Sx 4
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Am I making someone else accommodate me, consistently, way more than 50 percent, or am I trying to see how I affect others and strike a balance? So thats the kind of principle I adhere to. Do you relate?
    Exactly what do you mean by this?
    𝒯𝒶𝓊𝓇𝓊𝓈 ☼ | 𝒞𝒶𝓅𝓇𝒾𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓃 ☾ | 𝒮𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓅𝒾𝑜 ↑
    ~ 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃 ~

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturne View Post
    Exactly what do you mean by this?
    I can expand on what I said. Everyone has a unique point of view, a unique set of experiences, and a set of problems that their life saddles them with. Whenever people come into contact, those points of view are also meeting. Am I recognizing that my point of view can impinge on yours? Am I making room for yours? Because I see the world this way, as a set of presumably objective data that each of us encounters uniquely, “crazy” is only a matter of degree.

But the reason I mentioned this in the first place is not to propound my philosophy, but to give an example of what functions as a principle in me. And I wondered if that might be true for you, that a principle can be something derived from experience, observation, and insight. Instead of being based on something more like norms, or something that is in the larger, let’s say spiritual arc of time, fleeting.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”