Quote Originally Posted by ghouse View Post
Edit: "In socionics, "extraversion" is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on the characteristics and behavior of objects (people, things, events) outside the observer. In contrast, "introversion" means a focus on the observer's response to and perception of objects." So maybe it's that my response to encountering typological theory is to find where I fit into the theory and that's what I'm focusing on?
That's not a bad take. And this would be an introverted element, yes. It doesn't have to be Fi though, like it was indicated in another post here, it can be another introverted element too, e.g. Ti if it's impersonal analysis of cognition.

Also, this was well put about how VI is a "broad-stroke collection of trends, and some things will be more obvious than others in any given person" - this also applies to the entire Socionics model and the sociotypes. Keep that in mind. It's good to try and build up a general idea of yourself however, and for that Socionics can show some trends on the general level, yes.

Edit: To put forward an alternative view though, while I do recognize a sense of "everything needs to slow down/change less" (Dynamic and Rational) in my attitude towards life, it doesn't seem to explain my immediate interests and activities. I think those would better be explained by "everything needs to speed up/change more" (Static and Irrational). For example, I'm conducting the research I am currently due to a lack of progress being made in identifying my type, not in order to keep ahead of some curve. Looking at it from this angle Se>Ne and Ti>Fi?
I don't find Static/Dynamic or even the IEs themselves useful categories for analyzing general actions. Those tend to come from several motives and from things processed through several IEs etc.

I'm proactive because I have to be, not because I want to be, if that answers your question. What I was talking about with my parents is more "I'm doing everything that needs to be done so why should I do more" in other words "Nothing else I do will make a difference in terms of getting me where I need to go". I guess that could be IP as in "Things are changing/developing at an acceptable pace, so let's maintain it". I guess this may be where I begin to see a mixture between Je and Pi. In some instances, things are changing at an unacceptable rapid rate, while in other cases things are changing at an acceptable rate.
That's OK for Ip, yeah.