Thread: Examples of IJ-IP interactions

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Examples of IJ-IP interactions

-
    Last edited by Reyne; 03-30-2020 at 08:15 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can very wildly between the intertype relation at play. Practical examples kind of demand a smaller scope than IP-IJ. Unless you want a broad examples of the IP-IJ dynamic, but that wouldnt come off as practical. Just theoretical or conceptual.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh quasi identical? My mom is an EII and my roommate is too. If you can name what type of interaction or topic you want to get examples in thatll be easy for me. Otherwise I gotta do the ne brain storm thing and I hate that.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    A random interaction would be fine. I don't need something in particular... just looking for some typical P vs J situations (it seems like you'll have to do the ne brain storm thing, lol, sorry).
    Perfect. So my mom and I agree on alot of topics. In theory. But if we're talking about a specific topic and im going through the musings feeling my way around the topic outloud, train of thought style, she'll ask questions. And alot of times she'll want an example so she can relay the broad statements im making into a specific instance (even if hypothetical). Its really hard for me to transfer than train of thought into another mode and still have it make sense, as its backwards from how I think. I see specific instances and relay them into broader axioms or general principles. So in a deeper conversation we end up roadblocking each other the further we break something down. And thats when we'll start to disagree with something we both agree on. For vice versa sakes, she can be detailing something out regarding her opinion on a subject, and ill say oh its like(metaphorical or vaguish statement that I feel is congruent) but she doesnt think like that, so she identifies holes that may make that not true, and we disagree.

I think its a mix of the Ne Ni combo and process result.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I actually was about to do the brainstorm thing

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When both IEI and EII get heated up... then the EII will likely stay heated up for a little longer, while the IEI would probably give up and not bother with it anymore. I don't think that either tend to be more stubborn or more open-minded, they're usually about the same. IEIs tend to get "passionate" about something sometimes or feel that they're right, but it's in short bursts. EIIs stay heated up about something a little longer, they don't stop or calm down as quickly as the IEIs. EIIs tend to have slightly stronger opinions than IEIs on average. It's more difficult to get an EII to change his/her mind than IEI.
    Last edited by Singu; 02-08-2017 at 03:11 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    I'm especially interested in INTp vs INTj and INFp vs INFj.
    I'm having trouble thinking of third-person examples, but my personal experience is that the LII-ILI relationship can be interesting and attractive in certain ways but the connection (when it exists) is mostly mental rather than emotional, I think it would be harder to have the emotional rapport necessary to have a deeper relationship. It can also run into difficulties with communication and general attitude...ILIs can be quite cynical, uncommunicative, or abrasive which can be tiresome. I suppose they would see the LII's behavior as being more superficial or pointless. It helps if they have some other interesting quality or common interest.

But you should realize very little of this has to do with temperament, it's mostly about quadra values and strengths.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I posted my thoughts on this in this thread (others have also): http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...t-Interactions