Thread: dancing

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default dancing

is there a difference in dancing style or more importantly dancing ability?

Just curious about it, I'm just starting with investigating it.

What can you guys tell me about it. Anyone noticed something etc.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ewe lemme try. Si folks always seem to be great dancers (can sense the rhythm and learn steps easily, though it can look a bit impersonal and mechanical). Se types are more spectacular, lots of spontaneity and more sexually charged kind of dancing. Te knows and applies the rules and steps really well. Fi/Fe adapts more to partner's rhythm than leads.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ability? no, i've seen good dancers of most types. style will differ in correlation to how a person processes space/time etc. which is influenced by their IM (socionics type)

we've had a thread dedicated to IJ 'dancing techniques' before: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...que-Exposition

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Black Swan there was this one scene where Natalie Portman was warming up with some woman by flapping their arms starting at their shoulder blades and pulsing waves across the entire length to the fingertips like a bird flapping its wings. The first time I saw this I was so fascinated by the transformation of kinetic energy across the body in such a fluid way that I tried to replicate it and couldn't stop. So now my "dancing" consists of creating waves across my body and having different energy pulsations colliding and bouncing off each other in a sort of random chaos chamber, like waves in a pool cresting and troughing at will.

This does not mean I am good at dancing by any stretch though.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be interested in finding out if there is some sort of difference. I'm an Ni lead and I'm literally all over the place.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I like to dance, a lot. I dance around my house. It is one of the few physical activities I can lose myself in and not care what people think. Whether I am good at it or not is probably subjective to the viewer.

I really appreciate tribal fusion but I am not that good at it. I prefer slower movements. Rachel Brice is pretty mesmerizing when she gets into it. I don't know her socionics type though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I like to dance, a lot. I dance around my house. It is one of the few physical activities I can lose myself in and not care what people think. Whether I am good at it or not is probably subjective to the viewer.
    Me too. I dance from room to room. I guess it comes from being a dynamic type, I can't bear to cross a threshold into a room without a flourish.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

I really appreciate tribal fusion but I am not that good at it. I prefer slower movements. Rachel Brice is pretty mesmerizing when she gets into it. I don't know her socionics type though.

if you don't dance like this, you ain't a real lotus eater!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    if you don't dance like this, you ain't a real lotus eater!

THAT'S what I've been missing out on all my life!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@rosewood

heh, I'm not sexy like that but I can whip my hair around.

Edit: Maybe I am just a lotus-nibbler.
    Last edited by Aylen; 06-05-2014 at 11:01 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW