0 0%

Thread: Alpha Quadra and PoLR/Role

Threaded View

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha Quadra and PoLR/Role

Alright, after a good deal of research, I've at least arrived at the conclusion (or rather, conjecture) that I might be an Alpha type. I'm also considering the Gamma type (especially the emphasis on favoring small groups and discussions concerning mutual interests) but let's leave that in the corner at the moment.
    So, how does the PoLR manifest in ILE, LII, ESE and SEI? I would also like to know about their Role function.

And just for the sake of more information, I'm referencing a questionnaire I recently attempted. It isn't a Socionics questionnaire, but I was hoping that the answers might shed some light.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not at all. Perhaps laziness? But then again, laziness might compel me to reflect and introspect more.
    I'm a seventeen year old male. I'm lazy but healthy.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/396385...ore-2014-05-12
    It seems to me as if the little flower is being berated or chastised unanimously by a society of like-minded bigots. I'm not exactly sure why I think the society consists of bigots. Perhaps that's because bigots often tend to cooperate with their narrow-minded companions in order to bolster their fallacious views on life. They need external validation because that's what bigots are. External validation. They absorb the views of society. I can understand but not necessarily appreciate a bigot whose viewpoints were shared by personal experience because at least they're authentic. There's also the symbolism of the road. The little flower is walking down its own path. But it can only walk in a single direction because it's restricted by society, and maybe the powers that be AKA authority.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts? Depends on a lot of factors. Was I listening to music? Was I staring at the world outside? Was I introspecting? Was I talking to my friends? Was I sleeping? Was I thinking about the concert in anticipation? My initial thoughts would vary. For example, if I was listening to music, I wouldn't be perturbed. If I was thinking about the concert, I would definitely be annoyed. If I was talking to my friends and the discussion was interesting, I wouldn't mind at all.
    At some point, I'll begin to do some quick calculations in my head, taking into account the time on the watch, the time remaining for the concert to begin, the assumed time it would take for the car to repair, the assumed speed of the car and the distance to the concert and find out if I would be able to arrive at the concert in time. Of course, there's also the possibility that I might just continue talking to my friends or listening to music in which case, I might even welcome the pause, particularly if I was reluctantly going to the concert, which is another scenario to consider because then I might actually rejoice at the break down of the car. There are so many variables and contingencies here.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

This again depends on multiple scenarios, particularly my mood and the atmosphere of the party. Do I even know the driver that well? My actions are not predetermined and static, so I frankly don't know. I'm actually quite changeable. I've been known to switch sides during debates and arguments faster than Miley Cyrus flicks her tongue. I read an article, process the information and maybe agree with the author if only for the sake of getting useful information, read the following comments and then agree with the contradictory arguments to the article if it sounds logical. What's next, I suddenly become exceptionally aware of the article's flaws and inconsistencies that were not visible in my initial perusal. Both the article and the comment seem right in their own way. And yet, there is a contradiction. Why did my mind change so swiftly and significantly? I don't even understand what my stance on the matter is. Small wonder I'm so indecisive. I find it hard to take sides. But when I do take sides, well... I change soon. That's why I'm not fond of For and Against debates.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

My inward reaction would be variable, giving a specific answer would only promote inaccuracy. I would question him, of course. I would ask him to explain his claim. Or, I might remain silent, lost in my thoughts, perhaps absorbing my experience at the concert. Which reminds me, have I already attended the party? I suppose I have, since I'm going back with the driver, and I don't consider myself assertive enough to have convinced him and a few more individuals to accompany me, especially if the driver wanted to attend the party. But then again, maybe I used the Geass on him. Alright, I digress.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Research. What else should I do? Shake in disbelief? Cry? Maybe, but I'm not that emotional. I would certainly be a little inconvenienced.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Dunno. I don't think I have values. I used to be an ass about things like cheating, swearing and stuff as a child because of my parents, though. And yes, I deliberately used a swear word to demonstrate that I'm not afraid to swear anymore. Of course, I realize the importance of values. It's funny how values and emotions are differentiated here. Emotions may compel a vengeful person to kill someone and not mind doing so. But then, what if that person also had values? Like Batman. His values entailed that he does not kill. But his emotions are also important and they're telling him to go against his values. So, what does he do in the end? Emotions, or values? Or logic? Maybe logic will tell him that killing someone would make things messy and attract trouble with the authorities (I'm talking about pure logic here, logic does not make someone a sociopath). Interesting.
    I think I have values. I just don't realize them normally, unless I'm in a situation where they're activated. It's like those values are embedded in me, but I need external catalysts to instigate them, you know what I mean?

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
    I'm compelled to repress my inner thought process because I find it quite difficult to verbalize whatever crazy stuff goes in my mind. Besides, it's a waste of time. The conclusion's here. You can ask about the process later.
    I repress much when it comes to outward behavior because of my social anxiety. Often, especially in social circumstances, I get the weird feeling that the whole world is watching me and as a result, I become hypersensitive, embarrassed to make even a single wrong move. I become aware of every single detail about my appearance that could attract negative attention. I don't know why this happens. It sucks.

I'll answer the last four questions soon.
    Last edited by Phantom; 05-17-2014 at 08:05 PM.