Thread: What Type do you think I am(video)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What Type do you think I am(video)

So My name is Ben and I'm making this video partly because fenryrr wants me to and partly because I always enjoy new knowledge
    I don't have much expertise in typology but from what I know I'm pretty sure I'm an ENTP and I think I'm an ILE with a Ti subtype.... but again I don't really know too much about this stuff so yeah...
    BTW very very sorry for the length but I ramble a lot so yeah... sorry...
    Questions are from fenryrr's type thread because she didn't want to make a new one:
    1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
    2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
    3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    4) What makes you feel inferior?
    5) What tends to weigh on your decisions?
    6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
    7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
    8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
    9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
    10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
    11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
    12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
    13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
    14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
    15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
    16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
    17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
    18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
    19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
    20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    21) In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
    22) Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?

Thanks again

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sup gulanzon part 2

I get instant ENTp vibes.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, it wasn't my questionnaire..but.. Still think you're Alpha NT.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    sup gulanzon part 2

Same.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sup gulanzon part 2
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Why if you dont mind me asking?... also I'm very very sorry if I sound like a jerk... kinda goes back to my whole I never think about what I say until long after I said it... and I'm very sarcastic... but yeah sorry

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OXY:

We are going to make you a warrior. You will be broken. We will rebuild you stronger than ever.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BAoxymoron View Post
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    In this case I'm putting aside my loathing towards gulanzon and instead use his name simply as a comparison of similar personalities/temperaments. I don't know you, so I can't make any judgments as to whether you're a good guy or not.

Why if you dont mind me asking?... also I'm very very sorry if I sound like a jerk... kinda goes back to my whole I never think about what I say until long after I said it... and I'm very sarcastic... but yeah sorry
    Uhm, this is hard to explain. I guess your EP-ness comes through in the way you speak; you sound like you're speaking at the speed your brain is working, like you find one thing to say and just jump to it without having the next point in mind (which I catch myself doing a lot). Overall the way you emote and your vocal cadences reminds me of other ENTps I've known, but that's more of an intuitive connection I've picked up on and not so much hard evidence.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, this is hard to explain. I guess your EP-ness comes through in the way you speak; you sound like you're speaking at the speed your brain is working, like you find one thing to say and just jump to it without having the next point in mind (which I catch myself doing a lot). Overall the way you emote and your vocal cadences reminds me of other ENTps I've known, but that's more of an intuitive connection I've picked up on and not so much hard evidence.
    Yeah I almost always speak as soon a the thought pops into my head and I definitely understand drawing connections that while often spot on are not supported by "hard evidence". Honestly I feel pretty confident that I'm an ENTP at least for the sake of Myers Briggs so I guess my question here is more along the lines of do you think I'm an ILE or a LII or something else and also if you had to guess what would you say my subtype is because, at least in respect to ILEs, I feel I'm more of a Ti sub and Fenryrr recently has been saying more of a Ne sub... I'm just really curious as to what an outside source's opinion of me is

Btw if you know of a better question set I would happily answer it as well... maybe the second time I won't sound soo much like a callous socially inept jerk... and maybe I won't seem as loathsome as my "part 1"...

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You definitely seem like an ILE to me, and of the subtypes I would tend toward Ne. (My dad's an ILE-Ti, so I have a fair amount of experience with this type, and a lot of the specific type-related details match up quite well with you, but you seem to place less emphasis on precision and more instead on the overall picture than he does)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is with alphas and lightning hair?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I almost always speak as soon a the thought pops into my head and I definitely understand drawing connections that while often spot on are not supported by "hard evidence". Honestly I feel pretty confident that I'm an ENTP at least for the sake of Myers Briggs so I guess my question here is more along the lines of do you think I'm an ILE or a LII or something else and also if you had to guess what would you say my subtype is because, at least in respect to ILEs, I feel I'm more of a Ti sub and Fenryrr recently has been saying more of a Ne sub... I'm just really curious as to what an outside source's opinion of me is
    Right now I could see you as either. If you stick around and post more frequently that will probably be elucidated naturally.

Btw if you know of a better question set I would happily answer it as well... maybe the second time I won't sound soo much like a callous socially inept jerk... and maybe I won't seem as loathsome as my "part 1"...
    I've never been a great fan of reading off lists of questions for typing. The questions people ask often times deal with non-type-relevant information, which is just a waste of time to respond to. I'd much rather see people explain themselves and their thoughts/experiences naturally, where type-related elements come into play much more easily.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you gay? No offense but you talk like a stereotypically gay man. If you aren't gay please tell us so we can use you as an example of a straight man who is stereotypically gay.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesAndSpikes View Post
    Are you gay? No offense but you talk like a stereotypically gay man. If you aren't gay please tell us so we can use you as an example of a straight man who is stereotypically gay.
    Is a person's sexuality seriously the only relevant piece of information for you, or are you just too insecure with your own sexuality to ever let it go? Seriously, why do you insist on pushing this point with everything you talk about?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fenryrr View Post
    Haha, it wasn't my questionnaire..but.. Still think you're Alpha NT.
    If you've already typed this individual than why are they here asking to be typed?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Galen, relax. It's not important, I'm just curious- and I think his voice is kinda cute! Importance for the large part is subjective, people 'give a shit' about a lot of different things. I could care less about most of the stuff you, ashton and woofwoofl post about (nothing against u guys personally it's just your ideals and what you think is important in the world make me go to sleep) but I try not to bite into you guys for it. Can you please return the same courtesy to me? *bats eyelashes*

lol I don't know why you always get angry/hostile with me. *disney hugs?* =D

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Nope sorry to disappoint...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    If you've already typed this individual than why are they here asking to be typed?
    A couple of reasons... Primarily because fen has a very strong tendency to second guesses herself so she was unsure, but also because we were having disagreeing on what sub type I was and she also was beginning to suggest that I might even be LII. So when she asked me to make a video on here I figured where there is potential to learn with no risk of loss why no just do it...

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because people like different opinions. Ben and I are best friends...and because he and I were both curious what others thought..because I'm no expert, I suggested he ask here if he wants more input. This should not be a problem.
    Last edited by fen; 12-31-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    lol I don't know why you always get angry/hostile with me. *disney hugs?* =D
    He wants to have sex with you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you want to learn something, you just learn it. That's your answer and that's pretty darn brief and "shallow." Your response is a one liner. I would say that you don't venture deeply into things hence you're more focused on EXPERIENCE rather than the journey. I would say you're SEE.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you a troll? I've lost all patience.

Ben spends his free time learning how electronic things work. He plans on being a computer engineer. This is hardly a "shallow" endeavor. And as far as RESULTS go, he rarely finishes what he starts. So to him, the RESULTS aren't so dominating.

You obsession with SEE is really absurd. You use it as if it is an insult. Which it is not. However, it IS an insult to call someone's interests "shallow;" a term you seem to closely associate with SEE. Which is also ridiculous.
    Last edited by fen; 01-01-2012 at 04:48 AM.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you want to learn something, you just learn it. That's your answer and that's pretty darn brief and "shallow." Your response is a one liner. I would say that you don't venture deeply into things hence you're more focused on EXPERIENCE rather than the journey. I would say you're SEE.
    again again and again.
    added you on ignore

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

jesus! ILE it is, and how!

I can't nail down a subtype yet, but I'll get there...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He neglects analysis of his ideas; the very nature of analysis of thinking is to venture deeply within a topic, to explore it's facets as well as to link it to himself and how he is related to those ideas. This person is an extravert and a Ti devalued.
    -

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He neglects analysis of his ideas; the very nature of analysis of thinking is to venture deeply within a topic, to explore it's facets as well as to link it to himself and how he is related to those ideas. This person is an extravert and a Ti devalued.
    Everything in that first sentence can hold true with an ILE typing, and should hold true with an Ne-ILE typing; Intuitives first, Logicals after that, and the chasm can get pretty big at times...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So um, what kinda of food do you like?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    He wants to have sex with you.
    shoot yourself in the face thx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the intentions behind what I said was that when I need to learn something I typically can easily comprehend it particularly if it is something that is mathematical, theoretical, conceptual and especially technological. But I can easily see how one would say that... either A) they're understanding of written word and thus their interpretations of said word(or even possibly actions) is typically shallow in nature or B) they're trolling. Which is it?

I mean seriously... I fail to venture deeply into things... how about you come to my playing field and will discuss the shortcommings of javascripting, or perhaps the implementation of classes in C or argue about the pros and cons of using the ext4 filesystem or maybe discuss the logic behind the die structure of amd's bulldozer processor or anything to do with android, linux, coding, hardware etc. or perhaps you'd rather discuss the applications of politics to real life or mountain biking or quantum physics... yes I may have lots of interests but that's because I can... I understand things easily and thus have the ability to pursue them depth...

Also explain to me how both Laura and I are SEE... we're entirely different... she is an extreme feeler and everything I do is based off of logic... even when I "feel" I usually derive the feeling from a chain of logic(not saying in moments of stress I don't allow feeling to take over but in normal situations they are at most simmering on the back burner if not completely ignored)

Also I realize that your grasp of idioms(and definitions for that matter) is rather poor but the phrase you just butchered has more to do with "it's not the destination, but the journey that matters" but good try... we all mess up

Lol... neglects analysis of their ideas... reminds me of this person (pst it her ^) I've met... I don't neglect analysis as long as the premises of the analysis are sound in reasoning and as far as can tell yours are not...

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    So um, what kinda of food do you like?
    Meat, Steak, Chicken, Wings, Spicy Food, Potatos, El Carne, Grilld fish, Shrimp, Cheese, Rice, Broccoli, Mexican, Zaxby's, etc
    edit: forgot Barberitos* but I must say that with an asterisk because after working at a place for a long time, no matter how good the food, you will get tired of it

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey dual Let's be friends!
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually the intentions behind what I said was that when I need to learn something I typically can easily comprehend it particularly if it is something that is mathematical, theoretical, conceptual and especially technological. But I can easily see how one would say that... either A) they're understanding of written word and thus their interpretations of said word(or even possibly actions) is typically shallow in nature or B) they're trolling. Which is it?

I mean seriously... I fail to venture deeply into things... how about you come to my playing field and will discuss the shortcommings of javascripting, or perhaps the implementation of classes in C or argue about the pros and cons of using the ext4 filesystem or maybe discuss the logic behind the die structure of amd's bulldozer processor or anything to do with android, linux, coding, hardware etc. or perhaps you'd rather discuss the applications of politics to real life or mountain biking or quantum physics... yes I may have lots of interests but that's because I can... I understand things easily and thus have the ability to pursue them depth...

Also explain to me how both Laura and I are SEE... we're entirely different... she is an extreme feeler and everything I do is based off of logic... even when I "feel" I usually derive the feeling from a chain of logic(not saying in moments of stress I don't allow feeling to take over but in normal situations they are at most simmering on the back burner if not completely ignored)

Also I realize that your grasp of idioms(and definitions for that matter) is rather poor but the phrase you just butchered has more to do with "it's not the destination, but the journey that matters" but good try... we all mess up

Lol... neglects analysis of their ideas... reminds me of this person (pst it her ^) I've met... I don't neglect analysis as long as the premises of the analysis are sound in reasoning and as far as can tell yours are not...
    Trump trump. Do you have any idea what you wrote?
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... I guess it was option A)... but I digress
    I'm assuming the fact that you emboldened the last line means that the only major flaw you can find was in your ability to comprehend sentences. As such I will gladly explain the last line in simpler terms for you:
    Lol... neglects analysis of their ideas... reminds me of this person (pst it her ^) I've met...
    The word "lol" means "laugh out loud" and is used when someone finds something amusing. In this case the amusement stems from the irony of you telling me that I neglect analysis of my ideas yet you are just as guilty of doing the same thing. Some even went as far as to not only "ignore" you, but they actually took the time to post about ignoring you.
    I don't neglect analysis as long as the premises of the analysis are sound in reasoning and as far as can tell yours are not...
    The second part of the line was to inform you that I do not neglect(just curious but did you mean reject or neglect) analysis of my ideas. In fact I enjoy it thoroughly as long as the analysis has at least some valid points especially if it spurs a healthy debate.

BTW marista before you yet again label me as an SEE simply because I'm not the type of person you like just sit back and relax... I don't dislike you per-say despite what you may think. I'm simply pointing out that if you're going to contribute a post at least try and contribute valuable information. I know trolling can be fun, I do it with my friends all the time, but when all your posts are either trolling are devoid a sound reasoning it makes it very difficult to enjoy your presence... This is a forum for us all to discuss a topic that we all have at least some interest in and the only way it will flourish is if we all try to contribute beneficial posts... that's not to say we shouldn't debate but we should all try and post constructive posts... alright?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediator Kam View Post
    Hey dual Let's be friends!
    sounds good to me
    btw sorry for friending you before even saying hi... I meant to but I may have gotten a little ahead of myself... hope you don't hate me for it... :/

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That actually sounded more like an ILI thought process than an ILE's.

This why you all should pay more attention to Maritsa. She probably has no idea what he is saying, which is no matter how you look at it, a good thing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

btw sorry for friending you before even saying hi... I meant to but I may have gotten a little ahead of myself... hope you don't hate me for it... :/
    Sounds impulsive. Se.
    -

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That actually sounded more like an ILI thought process than an ILE's.
    Why do you say that? Which part seemed more Ni/Te or were you speaking more in general it seemed ILI? I mean fen has mentioned on many occasions that I was using Te, but I always thought that when I used it I was using it more as a demonstrative function than my creative function. But then again I'm by no means all that knowledgeable on the matter as I have only recently begun to give this topic serious attention... also of note I've always felt the Alpha quadra fit me better than the Gamma quadra, but again I don't really know
    This why you all should pay more attention to Maritsa. She probably has no idea what he is saying, which is no matter how you look at it, a good thing.
    Again, I didn't mean to come off as harsh or brash... I just have a tendency to follow the flow of my thoughts to what ever conclusions my brain my arrive at even if that conclusion might not be the most politically correct or even appropriate thing to say/write... I truly am sorry if I offended anyone. I just never seem to be able to comprehend how others might feel about my actions, and admittedly in many situations I do not care. It's only afterwards that I begin to question my choices at which point I often mull over them, especially if I have or feel like I could be pushed into a corner... :/

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to prefer deductive reasoning over inductive reasoning, which I understand as Te > Ti. Even without associating the functions with these definitions, there is an obvious inclination for Te in what you say (applied, practical knowledge - to summarize). I have also suspected that you are an ILI when I saw your video, that was my first impression of you, which is based on other ILI's I personally know.

I wasn't commenting on your actions.

Welcome to the forum btw.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to prefer deductive reasoning over inductive reasoning, which I understand as Te > Ti.
    Even if you consider deduction more practical, deductive reasoning is Fields (Introverted), inductive reasoning is Bodies (Extroverted). So certainly the opposite than how you associate them with the Ts.

Induction = reasoning based on facts, conclusion fitting all observations. Consistency is irrelevant/unapplicable.
    Deduction = reasoning based on concepts, conclusion from logical necessity. Facts are irrelevant/unapplicable.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You seem to prefer deductive reasoning over inductive reasoning, which I understand as Te > Ti.
    This article sez it's process/result dichotomy that creates that difference, which has nothing to do with Te and Ti elements in themselves. Both ILI and ILE are process types, which appear to reason deductively.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    Even if you consider deduction more practical, deductive reasoning is Fields (Introverted), inductive reasoning is Bodies (Extroverted). So certainly the opposite than how you associate them with the Ts.

Induction = reasoning based on facts, conclusion fitting all observations. Consistency is irrelevant/unapplicable.
    Deduction = reasoning based on concepts, conclusion from logical necessity. Facts are irrelevant/unapplicable.
    Deduction being more practical or not is irrelevant. I think you're wrong. I went and read both entries of Induction and Deduction on Wikipedia, and many related articles. You sure you are not agreeing with me and made a few typos? Seriously, read what you wrote and compare it with Wikipedia's articles and then tell me which sound more likely to correlate with either Deduction or Induction.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    This article sez it's process/result dichotomy that creates that difference, which has nothing to do with Te and Ti elements in themselves. Both ILI and ILE are process types, which appear to reason deductively.
    What difference? Deduction vs Induction? How is it related to the process/result dichotomy?

I'm not sure about this as I still don't see the reasoning behind the dichotomies. Though I will keep it in mind.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What difference? Deduction vs Induction? How is it related to the process/result dichotomy?

I'm not sure about this as I still don't see the reasoning behind the dichotomies. Though I will keep it in mind.
    Process vs result

Process types tend to think and do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end, thus their reasoning appears to be deductive. Contrary, result types tend to think and do things seemingly from the end to the beginning. Their reasoning appears to be inductive. You can read more about the differences between the two here and here.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This person is an extravert and a Ti devalued.
    When I die and they put my body in a coffin, send me under the ground, I'm going to reach out and carve in my tombstone "This person is an extravert and a Ti devalued."