Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this text an example of Fi?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there honey buns, had fun last night. Talkin to you. Gonna go make some coffee now. See you in a few.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    lmao, it's a guy...that's what makes it so creepy and gross.
    Problem is you didn't know that when you made that thread.

So what's your excuse?
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Problem is you didn't know that when you made that thread.

So what's your excuse?
    Huh?

And if that's Fe, I'm as Fe Polr as humanly possible because that is quite possibly the biggest turn off I could ever imagine.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I think that would turn off a great number of women of many types.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me it sounds like serious dichotomy. Fi. I can't really imagine what an Fe type would have to gain from speaking any deep feelings.

Creepy-

And if that's Fe, I'm as Fe Polr as humanly possible because that is quite possibly the biggest turn off I could ever imagine.
    Yeah and overleaping conclusions spiced with superlatives sound like Fe-Valuing, too.

You're most likely SLE like I said, just you're too high above mortals (+ a self-proclaimed rebel), hence why I'm not bothering to post in your typing threads anymore.

-- Bolt

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parasite View Post
    Yeah and overleaping conclusions spiced with superlatives sound like Fe-Valuing, too.

You're most likely SLE like I said, just you're too high above mortals (+ a self-proclaimed rebel), hence why I'm not bothering to post in your typing threads anymore.

-- Bolt
    1, I don't even know you and 2, I wish I were SLE but you're wrong.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh?

That's kind of what I was driving at. LSIs love that kind of sappiness.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Creepy-

Is calling someone "sweetheart," "dear," etc. type-related? I've never been able to bring myself to do it, unless I'm joking around. Fe? Fi? NTR?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt its Fi or Fe, the same sentences could have been written in a normal language without loosing much content/feelings and loosing a lot of "what the f*** is wrong with you" in them. would be the reaction for most people I know and I know people with various types.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-

1, I don't even know you and 2, I wish I were SLE but you're wrong.
    When I become someone and my opinions deserve attention, I'll come back to ask for an audience to Your Highness. Thanks for the honor of finally having one of my grievances considered!

-- Bolt

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    To me it sounds like serious dichotomy. Fi. I can't really imagine what an Fe type would have to gain from speaking any deep feelings.
    lol, nah. what do Fe types write about when they write love letters, then? or do they just never write them?

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Is calling someone "sweetheart," "dear," etc. type-related? I've never been able to bring myself to do it, unless I'm joking around. Fe? Fi? NTR?
    i'm pretty much indifferent...i don't mind those names nor do i expect them. my SLI boyfriend despises them. i call him names like that when i want to mess around with him, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    I highly doubt its Fi or Fe, the same sentences could have been written in a normal language without loosing much content/feelings and loosing a lot of "what the f*** is wrong with you" in them. would be the reaction for most people I know and I know people with various types.
    yes. as evidenced in this thread.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I become someone and my opinions deserve attention, I'll come back to ask for an audience to Your Highness. Thanks for the honor of finally having one of my grievances considered!

-- Bolt
    Apparently I've done something to hurt your feelings without even knowing who you are. What have I done? Talk to me.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Looks like I'm Fe PoLR too, then.
    nah just Fe-devaluing.

Jessica, that's Pinocchio.

Creepy-male

The second paragraph sounds a lot like the sort of thing an ILE friend regales me with from time to time.

And okay, there's a certain language you wind up speaking with people you're close with. The surface words become a whole lot less meaningful in contrast to whatever's being said between the lines. My friend is being a drama queen but showing his affection, and that's cool.

Probably part of the reason both excerpts are so sickening is because we're just not privy to whatever context the things were said in. First paragraph is obviously someone very, very in love. We're not the person they're in love with so it's funky weird to us.

I mean, when we look at some Latin poetry it can sound SO WEIRD. "I love you with all my liver." That's crazy and over-the-top to us but that's because we're not Roman poets.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    The second paragraph sounds a lot like the sort of thing an ILE friend regales me with from time to time.
    Which pretty much confirms the "not " theme that seems to be accepted by everyone here (sans Serious types who think they're Merry... ), given that your ILE friend is -PoLR. And given that this is sappy romanticism by default it must be an Ethical thing. That is, if it's not Fi it's Fe.

The defense rests, your honor.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Probably part of the reason both excerpts are so sickening is because we're just not privy to whatever context the things were said in.

I mean, when we look at some Latin poetry it can sound SO WEIRD. "I love you with all my liver." That's crazy and over-the-top to us but that's because we're not Roman poets.
    +47

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably part of the reason both excerpts are so sickening is because we're just not privy to whatever context the things were said in.
    it's not the context - they're a turn off to people because they're coming from someone who is unhealthy. the sentiments the person is expressing aren't real expressions of love - they're cries of neediness and insecurity barely masked as requests for affection. it is a person desperately clinging to some illusion, something they want to think is real love, but that is more likely a toxic, codependent-like attachment.

nobody likes to be around or associate themselves with an unhappy, unhealthy person. for this reason, i don't think people should be so quick to assign a type to this (unhealthy) person based on these quotes alone.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica provided a context earlier in the thread.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    it's not the context - they're a turn off to people because they're coming from someone who is unhealthy. the sentiments the person is expressing aren't real expressions of love - they're cries of neediness and insecurity barely masked as requests for affection. it is a person desperately clinging to some illusion, something they want to think is real love, but that is more likely a toxic, codependent-like attachment.

nobody likes to be around or associate themselves with an unhappy, unhealthy person. for this reason, i don't think people should be so quick to assign a type to this (unhealthy) person based on these quotes alone.
    I agree completely with this.

Also, the person that is on the recieving end of these messages has specifically posted them because she's uncomfortable with the content and the way he's speaking to her. I guess they just met and whenever they'd go on a date he wouldn't say much then came home and sent these heartfelt messages. I should forward the link for true LOLs but nah

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-- Bolt
    Hey Bolt, are you SEI again?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Hey Bolt, are you SEI again?
    Yes, I took the liberty of re-typing myself seeing how my behaviour affected those around me.

Oh, I think you're ILE, Jarno.

Bolt
    _

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Jessica provided a context earlier in the thread.
    ya, the perspective of the creeped out girl getting the letters. and given that context, the letters are pretty freaking weird and i'd be creeped out too. but i think declaring him a stalker and attributing all these awful traits to him is filling in too many blanks, i don't think we know enough to be entitled in that. (not to say i don't think it's fairly reasonable to infer.) also, why didn't she stop seeing him after the first of these letters, especially if they're so disturbing they warrant being posted on the internet and laughed at?

Creepy-

Apparently I've done something to hurt your feelings without even knowing who you are. What have I done? Talk to me.
    For some reasons I don't remember, your arrogance is in your posting history, but what exactly "hurt my feelings" in your case I don't remember, though as a rule of thumb, bullshit typing always hurts my feelings. I told you for a long time that you're Beta Irrational and that you're not LSI. The evidence that you're Irrational is all over the place (with most chances for Ep), including but not limited to the recent posts where you stated that you may get out of control in anger or laughing at inappropriate times, still claiming that you could possibly be LSI, a type basically defined by common-sense and self-control? Then fortunately, I found this post where you answered me, before you typed yourself as LSI:
    lol. SLE made a million times more sense than LSI...
    Make what you want out of this.

I'm not sure you're SLE, but I'm sure you're Beta Irrational, though IIRC you once considered IEI and there were quite some things against it, many I agreed with although I don't remember the details. I think both IEI and SLE would have reacted positively to my IEI-ish experimental dramatic "wisdom lesson" approach on arrogance/humbleness, which I used to draw your interest, so this is again not relevant in order to eliminate one.

The idea is that (1) types like SLI, ESI, LSI are out of the question and (2) the matter of this thread is probably your view on ESE - which in fact I partially share - rather than Fe vs Fi. It is not clear whether the problem is the Si-Creative or Fe-Base, please watch the video and the first part of this thread, part of what you said is exactly what I called "turn-off", "kinky" and "a set-up", imagine that over subdued Si/Ne! Should I call myself Fi valuer?

This would make pretty much all I had to say on the matter.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    also, why didn't she stop seeing him after the first of these letters, especially if they're so disturbing they warrant being posted on the internet and laughed at?
    Yeah and naming the teddy doesn't even look to be his idea. But even if the discussion followed this way: "her: I have a teddy bear. him: what's his name? her: he doesn't have a name. him: oh come on, he doesn't have a name? give him one, ok?" - she accepted anyway to do it, otherwise he wouldn't have asked whether she named him "yet". Simple deduction.

I see a match for... she actually *owns* a Teddy .

-- Bolt

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reasons I don't remember, your arrogance is in your posting history, but what exactly "hurt my feelings" in your case I don't remember, though as a rule of thumb, bullshit typing always hurts my feelings. I told you for a long time that you're Beta Irrational and that you're not LSI. The evidence that you're Irrational is all over the place (with most chances for Ep), including but not limited to the recent posts where you stated that you may get out of control in anger or laughing at inappropriate times, still claiming that you could possibly be LSI, a type basically defined by common-sense and self-control? Then fortunately, I found this post where you answered me, before you typed yourself as LSI:
    Make what you want out of this.

I'm not sure you're SLE, but I'm sure you're Beta Irrational, though IIRC you once considered IEI and there were quite some things against it, many I agreed with although I don't remember the details. I think both IEI and SLE would have reacted positively to my IEI-ish experimental dramatic "wisdom lesson" approach on arrogance/humbleness, which I used to draw your interest, so this is again not relevant in order to eliminate one.

The idea is that (1) types like SLI, ESI, LSI are out of the question and (2) the matter of this thread is probably your view on ESE - which in fact I partially share - rather than Fe vs Fi. It is not clear whether the problem is the Si-Creative or Fe-Base, please watch the video and the first part of this thread, part of what you said is exactly what I called "turn-off", "kinky" and "a set-up", imagine that over subdued Si/Ne! Should I call myself Fi valuer?
    I do believe that SLI and ESI are out of the question and I never meant to come across as arrogant...if me not accepting someones typing of myself is considered arrogant, then I guess I AM arrogant. I honestly don't believe I am SLE and if someone can provide me with a decent argument for this typing, I might look into it more seriously but so far the only reason I've seen for people typing me SLE is because I'm not afraid to express anger and because I like doing things and hate rules...it's like really? Come on.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post

^ This.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe that SLI and ESI are out of the question
    Why, precisely?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm restless
    I'm not a bum
    Never content
    Don't care about Si related things
    Don't think about ethics
    Don't care about rules
    Flexible
    Love drama
    Love arguing
    Love competition
    Nothing about delta feels right
    Nothing about gamma feels right
    Don't relate to being a Caregiver
    Hate contentment
    Hate passiveness
    Hate weakness

oh did I mention nothing about Delta fits?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll make this quick

I'm restless
    Ips generally aren't as lethargic as they're made out to be.
    I'm not a bum
    ntr
    Never content
    ntr
    Don't care about Si related things
    Such as?
    Don't think about ethics
    Not as type-related as it's made out to be. I don't consider myself to be particularly "ethical" either.
    Don't care about rules
    What kind of rules?
    Flexible
    In what way?
    Love drama
    In what way?
    Love arguing
    Deltas argue too.
    Love competition
    ntr
    Nothing about delta feels right
    Seems right to me, from what I've seen.
    Nothing about gamma feels right
    It's probably not.
    Don't relate to being a Caregiver
    Si as a literal "caregiver" archetype is overblown and stupid. I can especially imagine how an E6 such as yourself would resent such a label.
    Hate contentment
    In what way?
    Hate passiveness
    Does anybody love passiveness?
    Hate weakness
    Does anybody love weakness?
    Last edited by Galen; 02-17-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* SLI is probably right

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* SLI is probably right
    Well it's no good if you're saying that just out of frustration or exhaustion. If you don't legitimately think you are ISTp, then keep going through why until you're legitimately satisfied with something.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people will never settle on a type and keep switching.

face it, your one of them.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually would prefer ILI over SLI. Actually, ILI is probably right. This is big news.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually would prefer ILI over SLI. Actually, ILI is probably right. This is big news.
    I thought you started with 'I finally understand socionics now'.

What did you mean with that...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123