Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Hybrid View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a tendency to see myself in third-person in my dreams, but I don't usually take it to mean anything... however, there's gotta be a reason for the difference... I think that I dream in third person when I'm thinking about my own actions; I don't recall having a sense of touch in dreams, so I have to see myself from outside for what I'm doing to seem real. Instances when I'm dreaming in first person tend to have me as myself doing what I would naturally do... my actions aren't interesting, only what I'm acting on is.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I have a tendency to see myself in third-person in my dreams, but I don't usually take it to mean anything... however, there's gotta be a reason for the difference... I think that I dream in third person when I'm thinking about my own actions; I don't recall having a sense of touch in dreams, so I have to see myself from outside for what I'm doing to seem real. Instances when I'm dreaming in first person tend to have me as myself doing what I would naturally do... my actions aren't interesting, only what I'm acting on is.
    Now that you mention it, my own dreams tend to switch between the two. I suppose it's the difference of focusing "What it looks like from the outside" vs. "What it feels like on the inside."

However, I do think the fact that Coolanzon feels it is significant that his his dreams are always 3rd person may in and of itself be significant.

But again, I'm not a professional psychologist, so what do I know?
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    However, I do think the fact that Coolanzon feels it is significant that his his dreams are always 3rd person may in and of itself be significant.
    Maybe he just thought he was the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Whenever I see myself from the 3rd person in a dream, it's "me," but I look like something else. One time I was Archangel from the X-Men and somehow I found myself stuck under a couch and got finished off by this whacky ass little scientist who floated in the air and had a big white moustache.
    Tbh, I don't think I've ever seen myself in a dream as I look IRL... I just don't look in the mirror enough for that.

I recall only one dream that involved the X-men... it was a lucid dream, and someone told me to "pick on someone your own size" so I went and killed Magneto.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Whenever I see myself from the 3rd person in a dream, it's "me," but I look like something else. One time I was Archangel from the X-Men and somehow I found myself stuck under a couch and got finished off by this whacky ass little scientist who floated in the air and had a big white moustache.