TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality

It's good.

How many of you have at least one person in your life who is your dual?

How many of you have a significant other that is your dual?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a dual friend.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dual in my life until the middle of last year, but we broke up. Currently, no duals in my life other than on this forum, where I love interacting with them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my brother is my dual. He drives me mad at times We're totally different but at the same time we agree on a lot of stuff. it's cool

My sister is my super ego something. I read that we're not supposed to get along well but she is easily my best bud.

oh. and my friend is istp as well. She's really easy to get along with
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is IEE. That makes me seriously doubt my type because even through we get along and it's all good, I doubt it's duality.

However, I'd say my relation with my LII friend is duality. Or semi duality, or activity. Because only after we parted did I realize just how much I depended on him for stuff. I took for grated that he will take care of things for me. It's was like something was missing, like a piece, chunk of me left as well. Like a supporting pillar left. I actually had to get use to not relying on him, not assuming he will be there for me to take care of stuff. It wasn't easy and I still don't like it, I'd much prefer to rely on him.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    My best friend is IEE. That makes me seriously doubt my type because even through we get along and it's all good, I doubt it's duality.

However, I'd say my relation with my LII friend is duality. Or semi duality, or activity. Because only after we parted did I realize just how much I depended on him for stuff. I took for grated that he will take care of things for me. It's was like something was missing, like a piece, chunk of me left as well. Like a supporting pillar left. I actually had to get use to not relying on him, not assuming he will be there for me to take care of stuff. It wasn't easy and I still don't like it, I'd much prefer to rely on him.
    if youre talking about being ISTp, i have an ISTp who emails me out of the blue saying she misses me. Who knew she loved me being a little shy crab hiding in her shell.

I know an ESE at work who makes me feel good inside. we're not friends though. There was another guy who was kind of attractive in conversation only, and i think if i spent a lot of time with him we could have dated. Definitely a subtle attraction there, and i would say based only on a mutual interest in music. You have to have something to talk about in order for duality to take effect, or maybe to have it be set in motion at a noticable speed. He left the company though before i could get closer to him.

But, I have had relations to varying degrees with Beta NFs, and i have to admit their Fe did feel pretty damn good. actually im thinking that INFp Fe feels damn good and ENFj Fe made me feel like i was being allowed to urinate or let go of my breath after a long time of not being able to.. pee or breathe. I'm not used to there being no obstacles you know.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    This is really good.

I've come to think of INFps, especially the Fe ones, as sort of the mediators between the quadras. It's like they flit around and get along with everyone. It's so cool.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    ^ fake smile.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two relationships I have been in have been with my duals. I currently have a good friend who is a dual. Life is just better with a dual partner

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality isn't everything.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Duality isn't everything.
    It's close. But yeah, you're right, lol.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIDDY CAN'T HEAR YOU ANYMORE

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend in my childhood was an SLI guy. At the moment, the only dual I spend time with is my brother-in-law (SLI-Si).

I've never been romantically involved with a dual. My closest relationships have been with SEI and ILI. Though I missed the opportunity with an SLI girl when I was pretty young. I was very shy back then and didn't like her to be very straight forward about it...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EIE-Se
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one friend who's a confirmed LSI and he was probably my only time experiencing duality. He's dating one of my best friends and it's always nice to hang out with both of them together.

My youngest brother is also my dual but he's such a little shit. He's ~9 years younger than I am and stopped talking to me when I gave my HD flatscreen to a friend on a long-term loan (he'd been using it with his PS3 since about a month after I bought it and apparently took losing it pretty hard).

The LSIs I meet in the big world outside mostly fly under my radar. I think I worked for one a long time ago and loved it though.
    Dandelion Fluff Upon a Spoon

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I could date my dual. There is so much Fe I can deal with and then I want to punch them, honestly, or gtfo so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I've had Fe-dom friends in the past (close ones), and I can only take them in small doses. She was very healthy, tho, so it was a nice relationship (my main experience).

I honestly for these reasons don't think that socionics works as a system. How can someone dictate what works for me personally in a relationship? When it comes to describing my traits in a sufficient way, that works. That's why MBTI to me is standard.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 03-23-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    I don't think I could date my dual. There is so much Fe I can deal with and then I want to punch them, honestly, or gtfo so I don't have to deal with them anymore.

I've had Fe-dom friends in the past (close ones), and I can only take them in small doses. She was very healthy, tho, so it was a nice relationship (my main experience).

I honestly for these reasons don't think that socionics works as a system. How can someone dictate what works for me personally in a relationship? When it comes to describing my traits in a sufficient way, that works. That's why MBTI to me is standard.
    So um, maybe you don't value Fe?

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jet city woman are you sure you're not ? You strike as much more likely that than what your profile has () the two look somewhat similar at a distance, but their intertype dynamics are extremely different.
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tejing View Post
    @jet city woman are you sure you're not ? You strike as much more likely that than what your profile has () the two look somewhat similar at a distance, but their intertype dynamics are extremely different.
    Lol, no. That's funny to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, no. That's funny to me.
    It's also a type I've kinds considered for you <3
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It's also a type I've kinds considered for you <3
    It may be my SO's influence more than it is the real me, that seems to come across in that fashion. I'm sincerely introverted irl, by any standard. Also I've considered that when ISTPs (in MBTI) become more comfortable, they become more like ESTPs, and that seems to be the case for me at times.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It may be my SO's influence more than it is the real me, that seems to come across in that fashion. I'm sincerely introverted irl, by any standard. Also I've considered that when ISTPs (in MBTI) become more comfortable, they become more like ESTPs, and that seems to be the case for me at times.
    I don't have an SO
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion View Post
    It's good.

How many of you have at least one person in your life who is your dual?
    Kham, duals are us, they are our subconscious reality and hence they are us; their baggage isn't us us; I say their baggage wasn't acquired by innate traits, therefore, it would be nice if they shook it off and moved on, otherwise they're not going to find a dual.

I've had a dual since I was born. I love her; I'm very responsive to her as she is to me. Before I discovered Socionics, I only dated SLI, LSI and SLE, and lately an ESE man, because they were very quick in grabbing me off the market and since the types are full of loving, protective men, I didn't mind at all dating them, but I've felt unhappy not because some were not wonderful, but because the program function wasn't there; the ESE expected me to make decisions, which I could but he never cared much about appropriateness of behaviors, or watching the actions from a rationalized/Judging perspective. I've felt half complete and Socionics, for me, was just a way of describing what I felt that I could not describe. You'll often hear that from people who seek out advice, from duals, from people, that they want to be told what they are feeling but can not describe...these things that make up our subconscious wishes, intentions, and desires.
    -

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an esfp boss/friend, a few esfp clients, some loved male duals (long distance) I am attracted to (one I'm pursuing right now), and several female ESFp friends I adore. They are supportive and life-enriching, and they keep me from having a chance to get back to the depression which was my companion before they came in my life.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I have an esfp boss/friend, a few esfp clients, some loved male duals (long distance) I am attracted to (one I'm pursuing right now), and several female ESFp friends I adore. They are supportive and life-enriching, and they keep me from having a chance to get back to the depression which was my companion before they came in my life.

My Esfp childhood best friend and I haven't always seen eye to eye on a lot of things, but she's incredibly loyal, sassy, and humane and I'm glad to have her.
    I am trying to make a better relationship with my Esfp mother.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I was a kid I used to wish my best friend's mom was mine (she's ESFP i think) and was on of the coolest, most supportive moms I've met.
    instead I'm stuck with a neurotic, childish, temper-tantrum mess of a mom who sucks at giving any kind of advice and turns everything into being about her and has mini crises about nothing on a daily basis. I always felt like I was the adult and she was the child. (ESE-Fe..) though I feel bad for her because my dad is a dick.

My mom is "in love" with this guy: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/al...to-kilcher.htm. we watched this show together a few times and she says he has to be one of the funniest men alive. And basically she wishes she married someone like him. (he's totally LII)

anywho.
    life huh.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Correction: My pastor is NOT INFj. He is ENFp. But there are a few EII women at church and my "significant other" is my dual.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    and my "significant other" is my dual.
    Jesus

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

jesus is her most significant other.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Jung called Jesus not real and a god of death at the same time to state that we should love ourselves for in doing so we love Jesus, that is, Jesus is in us...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know (or haven't identified yet) any duals besides my mom. She's a nice woman, but well, she's my mom LSE and I'm not so perfect teenage girl.
    She constantly complains how bad, lazy, shallow, unappreciative I am and how I ruined her life. She also thinks I'm a psychopath, which is just... pretty hard to appreciate duality with. But I know I've been a hard and defiant child when I was growing up (and probably still am a bit).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cute View Post
    I don't know (or haven't identified yet) any duals besides my mom. She's a nice woman, but well, she's my mom LSE and I'm not so perfect teenage girl.
    She constantly complains how bad, lazy, shallow, unappreciative I am and how I ruined her life. She also thinks I'm a psychopath, which is just... pretty hard to appreciate duality with. But I know I've been a hard and defiant child when I was growing up (and probably still am a bit).
    um ok my mom would say opposite of me; isn't your mom emotional? how could you stand to hurt them?
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    um ok my mom would say opposite of me; isn't your mom emotional? how could you stand to hurt them?
    you mean if she's ethical? I'm pretty sure she's logical and LSE.
    The thing with me is that I've always been too carefree and detached to actually notice hurting my parents. I used to be very egocentric too.
    well, I guess I'm still egocentric, but I try not to give them more reasons to worry anymore and to do everything what's demanded of me. I don't like hurting or fighting with others. I'm just too reserved I guess. It hurts her that I don't help her at home spontaneously even though she's busy and I only think about myself most of the time. but I'm just my own person. I don't want to dedicate my life to anybody else and I hate people interfering in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    It seems hard for a child to really ruin someone's life. She most likely has a lot of life left to live, most likely another 30+years. Maybe she's blaming you for things in her life. It sounds a bit unfair. I wouldn't worry too much about it, and know that you can take control of your life more as an adult and make your own decisions.
    Thanks for the kind words. That's what I think. I hope things work out for me and I'll move out of my parents' house quick. I think it would be good for my relationship with them.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you mean if she's ethical? I'm pretty sure she's logical and LSE.
    no not ethical type, but an emotional person. Logical types have emotions.

The thing with me is that I've always been too carefree and detached to actually notice hurting my parents. I used to be very egocentric too.
    I think if you can't notice emotions of others you need to consider another type, maybe in the carefree dichotomy.
    well, I guess I'm still egocentric, but I try not to give them more reasons to worry anymore and to do everything what's demanded of me. I don't like hurting or fighting with others. I'm just too reserved I guess. It hurts her that I don't help her at home spontaneously even though she's busy and I only think about myself most of the time. but I'm just my own person. I don't want to dedicate my life to anybody else and I hate people interfering in it.
    Typically EII are good about helping their parents, loved ones. I don't think you care much about doing Fi, managing relationships, harmonizing them around you, meeting the goals of other, pleasing people
    According to my Fi, it's not appropriate for you to just go about your own carefree business and let your relations suffer and then resort to just providing physical distance as a way to "solve" your problems. Where are your ethics?

"Fi relations are a tactic, a bond, a unification made inside of and in relation to all of the other existing unities between people. Within it there are certain rules and understandings of what is appropriate and not appropriate to do within the realm of ethics. It's not as simple as "oh, don't use dirty words." Its more like 'we are attracted to eachother (as a bond),' and, sometimes, 'we are not attracted to them.'"
    -

TIM
    IEI - Fe 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd think there would be some level of natural magnetism between duals, increasing the chances of them at least initiating some sort of intense relationship, negative or otherwise. However, I don't think I've ever been in a friendship or a relationship with a person of my respective dual type. Maybe one time, but that crazy son of a bitch may have been an SEE. He was like a 7w8 version of woofwoofl.
    Last edited by RedBeard; 05-31-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    The trickster is at one and the same time creator and destroyer, giver and negator, he who dupes others, and who is always duped himself.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
    You'd think there would be some level of natural magnetism between duals, increasing the chances of them at least initiating some sort of intense relationship, negative or otherwise. However, I don't think I've ever been in a friendship or a relationship with a person of my respective dual type. Maybe one time, but that crazy son of a bitch may have been an SEE. He was like a 7w8 version of woofwoofl.
    Is this confirmation that dual communication can be good and bad. Oh my how I've waited for this day.

TIM
    IEI - Fe 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    dual communication can be good and bad.
    Ease of communication just opens up the floodgates for more negative bullshit.

Very few people avert their eyes from train wrecks
    The trickster is at one and the same time creator and destroyer, giver and negator, he who dupes others, and who is always duped himself.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality has nothing to do with physical, mental, or emotional chemistry. It doesn't even necessarily mean better communication as the theory suggests. The idea that we are 'receptive' to certain kinds of communication is one I have found more highly dubious as time goes on. In reality, it seems that people are receptive to different kinds of communication at different points in their lives. Whether or not someone 'needs' a certain type of communication, as Socionics suggests, is a matter of debate. It is packaged very nicely, but even on a theoretical level the low-side of 'compatible' pairings are often downplayed. For instance, the difference in logical and emotional thinking, even through Ti-Fe, and Te-Fi, will still have certain frictions because of the polarizing nature of the two. This is hardly ever mentioned or extrapolated on.

Relationship compatibility is best assessed through other factors. Socionics makes it easy to justify that duality is real through rationalizations, but objectively it is difficult for me to be sure that any observations of this sort are anything more than coincidence.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Duality has nothing to do with physical, mental, or emotional chemistry. It doesn't even necessarily mean better communication as the theory suggests. The idea that we are 'receptive' to certain kinds of communication is one I have found more highly dubious as time goes on. In reality, it seems that people are receptive to different kinds of communication at different points in their lives. Whether or not someone 'needs' a certain type of communication, as Socionics suggests, is a matter of debate. It is packaged very nicely, but even on a theoretical level the low-side of 'compatible' pairings are often downplayed. For instance, the difference in logical and emotional thinking, even through Ti-Fe, and Te-Fi, will still have certain frictions because of the polarizing nature of the two. This is hardly ever mentioned or extrapolated on.

Relationship compatibility is best assessed through other factors. Socionics makes it easy to justify that duality is real through rationalizations, but objectively it is difficult for me to be sure that any observations of this sort are anything more than coincidence.
    I've seen that before, my SLI brother in law is also highly doubtful about Socionics. But I think it all comes down about expecting stuff to be very detailed. Socionics doesn't predict a script for behaviour. A person may like another but at the same time be so distracted about something else that isn't capable of noticing it. Not all what we do is determined by type.

I've never seen Socionics to fail in its essence and I've been observing stuff with a critical eye for many years.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My little brother. He's LIE or ILI-Te. We like to argue about different points and then come to conclusions together. It's basically just really hard to disagree for too long. We both have strong se so we had a few power struggles growing up which were mostly just hilarious. Also some of my uncles are gamma nt's and possibly one aunt. I have a big family. I think the difference in the interactions are just that we notice what each are talking about and respond positively more often than in the other relations.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carrina View Post
    My little brother. He's LIE or ILI-Te. We like to argue about different points and then come to conclusions together. It's basically just really hard to disagree for too long. We both have strong se so we had a few power struggles growing up which were mostly just hilarious. Also some of my uncles are gamma nt's and possibly one aunt. I have a big family. I think the difference in the interactions are just that we notice what each are talking about and respond positively more often than in the other relations.

Great post Carrina
    On a sarcastic note thanks for rehashing a thread with one of my "you're not EII" and here goes Maritsa bashing
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast