Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SLI-IEE duality discussion (ISTp and ENFp)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question for IEE's that I've wanted to ask for some time..I'm not sure if I'm the same personality wise as your husband but i'll ask anyway...how can you get close to SLI's? Do you ever feel like you really know them? Isn't it hard to get close to someone who never verbally expresses their feelings and doesn't talk much about themselves?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have a question for IEE's that I've wanted to ask for some time..I'm not sure if I'm the same personality wise as your husband but i'll ask anyway...how can you get close to SLI's? Do you ever feel like you really know them? Isn't it hard to get close to someone who never verbally expresses their feelings and doesn't talk much about themselves?
    I feel very close to him and I feel like I at least understand him better than anyone else, and that makes me feel special for some reason. But I don't know what he's thinking most of the time, and I have a hard time telling if he's happy or angry or upset or anything, and I often think he's angry at me and I'll ask him what I did to make him upset and he won't be upset at all. He thinks it's funny when I think he's angry and he isn't. But I'm not the only person who thinks he's angry when he isn't. I frequently have people ask me, "Is he upset about something?" or "Did I say something wrong?" I don't know how or why I feel so close to him. It's like when I do get something out of him - and it isn't words, it's always actions and I always have to interpret them - I feel like I've been blessed with something special and heartfelt.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, this is so funny to read. It's like you don't know who your husband is. Is he still a complete mystery to you?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a complete mystery but still somewhat mysterious. It's very hard to tell what he's thinking.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how you said you got married. It's like there were no clues that it was gonna happen, no leading signs or anything... just bam, like out of a sudden, it just did. So spontaneously.

Your story sort of sounds as if it's missing the essential parts, in a way. Like when you come to the wedding part you go "what the hell just happened?"
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in me experience, that's part of the attraction to them, the fact that they don't keep talking about themselves nor expressing every little emotion that crosses their mind's eye. It means that when they DO finally talk about themselves, it's something important to them, or when they DO express an emotion, that it's something...'more real'. It means that I can trust that that emotion isn't going to change at the drop of a hat or because we moved from the bedroom to the living room, etc.

It also means that I don't know all about them all at once. Once I know someone in depth, I get bored, what's left to learn about??

I've been with Richard for over 3 years now (my absolute longest relationship ever). I still haven't heard even 1/4 of his childhood stories, interests, thoughts, ideas. (Admittedly he's not istp, but he's a good example of not knowing all about him at once.)

Previous people I've dated, it usually only takes a few weeks before I know enough of them that I'm bored already (or that we aren't compatible enough).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    It's like when I do get something out of him - and it isn't words, it's always actions and I always have to interpret them - I feel like I've been blessed with something special and heartfelt.
    The actions speak far more eloquently than the words do, eh?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often think he's angry at me and I'll ask him what I did to make him upset and he won't be upset at all. He thinks it's funny when I think he's angry and he isn't. But I'm not the only person who thinks he's angry when he isn't. I frequently have people ask me, "Is he upset about something?" or "Did I say something wrong?"
    LOL, I get that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    It means that when they DO finally talk about themselves, it's something important to them, or when they DO express an emotion, that it's something...'more real'. It means that I can trust that that emotion isn't going to change at the drop of a hat or because we moved from the bedroom to the living room, etc.
    I think that's very true. Especially the last sentence. And I know that I, myself, can't stand emotionally inconsistent/changeable people.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I felt very close to my ISTp ex. Once you know you have to look for what he does rather than what he says, they can make you feel very special. That Slacker_Mom's husband took the risk to move to another continent is HUGE - seriously, what else do you need to trust that somebody loves you. My ISTp ex followed me to the US and left behind a secure career. ISTps show their affection through their loyalty and desire to be with you.

My ISTp was not really such a mystery to me. He was usually quiet, but around me he was quite the talker. One thing that I still miss about the relationship is that we ALWAYS had something to talk about (usually Te stuff, current events and such) and we could be stuck in a car for 12 hours and talk constantly. But he only slowly revealed personal stuff and hardly ever talked about personal feelings.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and even before he moved here, I was pretty impressed that he would spend so much money to visit me. It isn't cheap to buy plane tickets, and I don't live in a fun touristy area. Particularly in the winter.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a complete mystery but still somewhat mysterious. It's very hard to tell what he's thinking.
    Yeah. I think this is where Fi Creative-Fi HA differs from Fi-Leading- Fi DS. I basically have to know what everyone is thinking. With SLIs, I do okay because I'm usually fairly confident that I've interpreted them correctly, but I feel like I'm grappling in the dark. I need more "I feel..." really vulnerable kind of statements in order to make sure I'm on the right track.
    I'm not sure why, but IME IEEs are not only okay with this "closed-off" nature of SLIs; they actually like it. I think that's essentially what keeps this dual pair together; IEEs are so fickle, the only people they couldn't lose interest in are ones they essentially don't know.
    IJs have to have "an answer" at each moment, even if they know they're probably wrong and that it's subject to change. EPs prefer complete open-endedness.

Also, fwiw, I always marvel at how IEEs can date SLIs. SLIs always seem unapproachable and too cool for me.
    Last edited by Ritella; 03-30-2009 at 12:03 AM.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    IEEs are so fickle, the only people they couldn't lose interest in are ones they essentially don't know.
    Perhaps we don't lose interest because we tend figure out people rather easily and bore after wards and such mysterious nature keeps Ne guessing and entertained?
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a very cute story Slackermom! But I agree I didn't see the marriage thing coming...did you?

I think the level of ISTp "mystery-ness" depends on the person of courses. The one I dated (which was short-term and I think he was actually on the rebound), but anyway, he wasn't all that hard to read. I mean, he wouldn't say things but his body language was really clear.

Like he suggested a movie once but we got there and walked around and I could tell he didn't want to be there (I wasn't sure "why" of course, but I could tell he wanted to leave from the way he was walking around). Or I could tell if he was really into something or somewhat bored the same way, so there wasn't really a need to ask I guess.

But I do remember him being pretty open, as far as Fi stuff. Like, we'd talk about who we did and didn't like and why and we both ranted a lot, which was pretty fun. So he did talk about his family and stuff like that too early on. But maybe that was because he was on the rebound. I think he actually complimented me a couple times on the first date, which I remember being surprised by, since I'd read about ISTps (and this was was a definite ISTp Te...not like a lot of the ISFps or whatever that I've confused).

So anyway, that one seemed pretty open to me, and I didn't think he seemed angry. But I think around most people he would've been pretty quiet (I was super bubbly and trusting back then).
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, actually I talked a lot and he watched me talk.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I think the level of ISTp "mystery-ness" depends on the person of courses. The one I dated (which was short-term and I think he was actually on the rebound), but anyway, he wasn't all that hard to read. I mean, he wouldn't say things but his body language was really clear.

Like he suggested a movie once but we got there and walked around and I could tell he didn't want to be there (I wasn't sure "why" of course, but I could tell he wanted to leave from the way he was walking around). Or I could tell if he was really into something or somewhat bored the same way, so there wasn't really a need to ask I guess.
    I can tell some of the time, and more now that I know him better. But it's generally that I can sense that he isn't at ease, and then I have to use context to figure out what it is. Like, in your example, you sensed that he wasn't at ease, and you were at the movies so context told you he didn't want to be there. But there's some level of detective work to it like that. "He isn't happy. Why isn't he happy? Is it this? This? That?" I feel like I HAVE to figure out what the problem is.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great story. It seems kind of surreal.

Yeah. I think this is where Fi Creative-Fi HA differs from Fi-Leading- Fi DS. I basically have to know what everyone is thinking. With SLIs, I do okay because I'm usually fairly confident that I've interpreted them correctly, but I feel like I'm grappling in the dark. I need more "I feel..." really vulnerable kind of statements in order to make sure I'm on the right track.
    I think you're right. Granted my relationship with an ISTp was wonderful but the times where I didn't understand him was a bit frustrating. I had the same problem about knowing whether he was happy or not, though most of the time he was happy.

I agree with everybody here though: if you want to know if an ISTp cares, notice everything they do for you; it truly is flattering and nice.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have never dated SLI's so I have no idea. But in general to me the most interesting people are exactly like that. My current gf doesn't speak almost at all about feelings (even those she is an extrovert and is very smooth when talking with people) and you sort of don't really know what she thinks. But in those brief moments she manages to say something nice I know that she means it and it is very important for her. A simple "you are nice" means much more when it comes from her than a million of times I heard how I am awesome from other people. Or a glass of water and some food in the morning when I wake up with a huge hangover makes me smile with a wide smile too. And I think it is very important for her too, that despite the fact she is so distant and not really into showing how she feels I like her. And I feel close to her, the air of uncertainty is always a bit uncomfotable but at the same time it keeps it interesting, I never have that feeling "I know her" (yet) which I get with other people. And the problem is, the minute you "know" someone is the minute I usually loose any interest in the person. Quite an asinine trait I consider myself to have, I encourage people to open up and when they do it I loose interest.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read the whole thread but to reponse to you question, I think SLI can initial Feelings subtly by writing letters, that in itself will surely let their mates know that they cannot comprehend their feelings face by face, but their signifcant one knows that just how much they care beneath the quiet emotionless exterior. I mean, their hidden motive/agenda is Introvert feeling, when it comes out on paper it sounds very sweet.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Well I have never dated SLI's so I have no idea. But in general to me the most interesting people are exactly like that. My current gf doesn't speak almost at all about feelings (even those she is an extrovert and is very smooth when talking with people) and you sort of don't really know what she thinks. But in those brief moments she manages to say something nice I know that she means it and it is very important for her. A simple "you are nice" means much more when it comes from her than a million of times I heard how I am awesome from other people. Or a glass of water and some food in the morning when I wake up with a huge hangover makes me smile with a wide smile too. And I think it is very important for her too, that despite the fact she is so distant and not really into showing how she feels I like her. And I feel close to her, the air of uncertainty is always a bit uncomfotable but at the same time it keeps it interesting, I never have that feeling "I know her" (yet) which I get with other people. And the problem is, the minute you "know" someone is the minute I usually loose any interest in the person. Quite an asinine trait I consider myself to have, I encourage people to open up and when they do it I loose interest.
    That's really interesting to me. It's a good explanation, for sure. I just always thought this was probobly my most undesirable trait....it was always something that made me really uncomfortable...not being able to tell the other person my feelings or talk about myself in depth. I thought that alone would make them immediatly lose interest. I know from experience that a few have. To know people could actually appreciate that quality in someone makes me feel better. It was always my biggest sorce of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by 07490
    I didn't read the whole thread but to reponse to you question, I think SLI can initial Feelings subtly by writing letters, that in itself will surely let their mates know that they cannot comprehend their feelings face by face, but their signifcant one knows that just how much they care beneath the quiet emotionless exterior. I mean, their hidden motive/agenda is Introvert feeling, when it comes out on paper it sounds very sweet.
    While that's easier, I still have a hard time with it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really require that I know someone's every waking thought. Those kinds of things are slowly disclosed through situations and conversations anyway. I don't put much pressure on knowing them immediately. Sometimes it can be difficult to start conversations with someone if they disclose too little about themselves. Then you're left wondering whether you have anything in common or not... And as for verbally expressing feelings...um, I don't know.
    IEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooops. thanks! i'll edit.
    LOL, you got them all wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Oh, well, thanks numbers. :wink:

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't. Not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Sometimes it can be difficult to start conversations with someone if they disclose too little about themselves. Then you're left wondering whether you have anything in common or not...
    I've been waiting for a chance to post this one...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been waiting for a chance to post this one...
    Glad I could oblige...

My sister actually met her husband (and dual! lol) on hotornot.com. She's soooo embarrassed about it. There are very few people who actually know how they met. Kind of surprised me, since many people ask couples that question. Apparently she's very good at shifting the topic of conversation.

(Although I don't think the scenario went anything similar to your cartoon. My sister's quirky, not crazy. lol)
    IEE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting close to ISTp's does take time. The ISTp guy i knew from work i just kept hanging around and eventually we just got closer and closer. I would know i was really in deep when i would be told all the interpersonal issues he was having. Especially about girls he would always tell me about them. Its actually very cool to have one of those nights where you get along so well.

My uncle is ISTp and he is such a nice guy its amazing. Hes kind of just quiet and self constained. He came over a while back and we were taking him out for lunch and my mum and aunt and her husband started to walk into this place and he just seemed very reluctant. It was too busy. I just said to them he doesn't want to go here, so we ended up going to this nice place on the beach front and he was so happy lol.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Oh, well, thanks numbers. :wink:
    Most of you are good people, I can tell you that I met more good hearted SLI than EIE. of course there are alot of good EIE out there too.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell some of the time, and more now that I know him better. But it's generally that I can sense that he isn't at ease, and then I have to use context to figure out what it is. Like, in your example, you sensed that he wasn't at ease, and you were at the movies so context told you he didn't want to be there. But there's some level of detective work to it like that. "He isn't happy. Why isn't he happy? Is it this? This? That?" I feel like I HAVE to figure out what the problem is.
    Lol. Yup. Sometimes, when I'm feeling really tired or stressed, it's like, "allright, spill the beans already – give me a bloody clue, would ya?" What makes it occasionally awkward (at least from my perspective) is the fact that I'm the male – aren't I supposed to be the Clint Eastwood type in the relationship? I take solace in the fact that I'm a LOT funnier than she is – most of the time, anyway :wink:
    IEE

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The story was nothing short of cute, I enjoyed it It resembles both of my major encounters with possible ISTp relationships. Actually, both ISTps approached me, but I'm finding that it takes my effort to keep the communication constant enough for me not to lose interest. Their actions confuse(d) me because they wanted to hang around, but there was no apparent emotional interest almost? This is where I relate to the story, for some reason, the ISTps I've been involved with liked nothing more than me hanging around them while they were working on their hobbies that didn't require a heavy amount of concentration. I figure it's the best of both worlds for them? But it gets frustrating since they are hard to read, and when you're in a pre-relationship stage, I find it annoying to (seemingly) have do all of the emotional footwork. The mysteriousness is a turn-on when all doubts of their interest level is solved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Most of you are good people, I can tell you that I met more good hearted SLI than EIE. of course there are alot of good EIE out there too.
    I think I'm in a snippy mood, but types are not good hearted, people are good-hearted. Even if you want to flatter SLIs, that is still an absurd statement.

Also, I think reactions to SM's story are really interesting, since Deltas seem be finding it the sweetest thing and yet I can see exactly why it wouldn't work for me. The most telling aspect being the lack of declaration as to a relationship -- sort of floating along until BAM, you're married. It makes me flashback to everything that went so horrendously wrong with an LSE last year (but the LSE's behaviour was a little different still), when the 'moment of declaration' simply made me go 'um, wtf?!' and feeling like I'd been lied to, deceived, or sort of passively pushed along into a situation I had no intention to be in and thus why things got ugly fast.

I wonder what about your behaviour your husband read as encouraging? Isn't it somehat...dangerous (for him, emotionally) to leave so many things undefined, unasked, unclarified? What happens if you're just floating along, not defining anything, just 'doing' things and one day, one person thinks they're about to get married and the other person is sort of 'HELL NO, I NEVER MEANT YOU TO THINK WE WOULD?' I sort of...don't understand that behaviour (SM husband's type of behaviour) and also find it sort of...presumptuous? Like...that we would move in together in his new house without discussing it with me first? And all those other things...
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unefille View Post
    I think I'm in a snippy mood, but types are not good hearted, people are good-hearted. Even if you want to flatter SLIs, that is still an absurd statement.
    Agreed.
    Also, I think reactions to SM's story are really interesting, since Deltas seem be finding it the sweetest thing and yet I can see exactly why it wouldn't work for me. The most telling aspect being the lack of declaration as to a relationship -- sort of floating along until BAM, you're married. It makes me flashback to everything that went so horrendously wrong with an LSE last year (but the LSE's behaviour was a little different still), when the 'moment of declaration' simply made me go 'um, wtf?!' and feeling like I'd been lied to, deceived, or sort of passively pushed along into a situation I had no intention to be in and thus why things got ugly fast.

I wonder what about your behaviour your husband read as encouraging? Isn't it somehat...dangerous (for him, emotionally) to leave so many things undefined, unasked, unclarified? What happens if you're just floating along, not defining anything, just 'doing' things and one day, one person thinks they're about to get married and the other person is sort of 'HELL NO, I NEVER MEANT YOU TO THINK WE WOULD?' I sort of...don't understand that behaviour (SM husband's type of behaviour) and also find it sort of...presumptuous? Like...that we would move in together in his new house without discussing it with me first? And all those other things...
    I think what her husband found encouraging was that every time he would ask her out to dinner she said 'yes' and there were never any arguments against all the actions he proposed to get closer to her. I'm sure there were others, like mutual tension and so on that Slackermom did not mention.

It is definitely dangerous.
    For the husband, he's taking a huge risk and making a big sacrifice but that's the beauty of it.
    I think if Slackermom did not want the relationship to progress as her husband wanted it to, she would have said something. For example, when he said that he'd stay for three months to see if they got along well enough to get married, I'm sure at that point there would have been an objection from Slackermom. Or she might ask why he was doing all of this. If she was not interested in him at all, she wouldn't have agreed to date him after their first outing.

On the other hand, she could have been more careful about all of this but maybe she was. IEE's are adventerous.

*On a side note, when I had a relationship with an SLI, there was never any declaration that we were in one; it just naturally transitioned from friends to something more. Though once it was obvious, there were plenty of verbal and action-based declarations.
    Also, I am quite careful with my relationships with other people. Although I do not declare it, I make it quite clear to those around me, you could say, the "length" of our bond. *With the SLI, there was a different "bond-length" than with my other male friends, one that was closer and more intimate: I would be around him more, pay more attention to him, et cetera; I think he understood that and reciprocated, thus becoming a couple was quite natural.

*May edit some of this out in the future.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like...that we would move in together in his new house without discussing it with me first?
    I'm sorry to tell you but it sounds like a power struggle. With my EIE mom I often notice that she's more concerned about who's making the decision than in the quality of the decision itself.

As a delta NF I can tell you that I don't mind such behavior. Delta STs are caregivers. Such "impositions" are nothing but acts of care.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i loved this story :] its so romantic to read about you guys <3 what made you want to marry him after such a short time? what are you most attracted to about your husband?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really interesting to me. It's a good explanation, for sure. I just always thought this was probobly my most undesirable trait....it was always something that made me really uncomfortable...not being able to tell the other person my feelings or talk about myself in depth. I thought that alone would make them immediatly lose interest. I know from experience that a few have. To know people could actually appreciate that quality in someone makes me feel better. It was always my biggest sorce of stress.

I used to date an SLI for a long time and I love him very much. I feel as though he is a challenge for me...almost like if i were stranded on a beach (i am not an out door person) and i try for days and days to try to get a coconut open and its so hard for me...i crack it and only little drops come out. I have to lick up the little drops and some of them are sweet, but some of the drops is hard to enjoy because of the shell and the hairs and sand...until you open up enough of the shell to get into all that sweet milk inside. Being with an SLI and knowing they love you back is like that sweet milk :]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you but it sounds like a power struggle. With my EIE mom I often notice that she's more concerned about who's making the decision than in the quality of the decision itself.
    Oh, you don't have to be sorry to tell me that because that is my very point and the biggest sticking point for me. Two very different mentalities. And if it's caregiving, then that would be my biggest issue with that 'erotic/romance' style: that it proceeds on the basis of knowing what it is 'good for me' without consulting me. There is not such thing as a 'good decision' which applies to me that does not consult me; only I can (and am capable of) deciding what I want/think/need, because I am not making claim on any external, objective thing, but my own self, to which I and no one else, has access. So who makes a decision affecting me is the critical issue, because that person should ultimately be me. What I will or will not accept, what I do and do not want. I can be guided, influenced, persuaded by other people, but I have to give my assent before action is taken. Taking that away from me is...probably the worst thing someone who supposedly cares for and respects me can do.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3RainbowSprinkles View Post
    i loved this story :] its so romantic to read about you guys <3 what made you want to marry him after such a short time? what are you most attracted to about your husband?
    You know, I've known pretty quickly with other guys that I could never marry them. And I knew quickly that I'd be happy with him. I don't have an explanation for why I wanted to marry him without knowing him better except because I could tell it was right and I'd regret it if I didn't.

I'm mostly attracted to his calmness and his ability to calm me. His voice is what first attracted me - it's slow and low and quiet and he had the accent. Very soothing. He's just a calming presence. I remember getting into a fight with my LIE boss once and storming out of the office and going straight to my husband's work and hanging out with him for about half an hour to an hour. I was SO upset with my boss I was ready to quit that very minute, but my husband calmed me down and I went back to work and my boss said he was afraid I was going to quit and we apologized to each other and everything was fine again. I am not able to calm myself down and that's been a source of much anxiety in my life.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I've known pretty quickly with other guys that I could never marry them. And I knew quickly that I'd be happy with him. I don't have an explanation for why I wanted to marry him without knowing him better except because I could tell it was right and I'd regret it if I didn't.
    I go through this as well, and I have a hard time explaining to my friends my reasoning behind it. I get called judgmental every once in a while, but I can tell after hanging out with a person once or twice my compatibility with them. A lot of the times, I go along with getting involved with other people when they seem interested, but I think it's because I like that someone likes me. I find it's very hard to get my complete interest, but when someone does, I reeeally like them, and would aim to progress the relationship as far as I could.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this story blows my mind. My reaction would have been to run the heck away. It would have been "WTF??? Some clarity pls/thx"
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Wow, this story blows my mind. My reaction would have been to run the heck away. It would have been "WTF??? Some clarity pls/thx"
    I begin to wonder if she wrote this in a bad mood or state of mind, unintentionally skipping on some relevant parts.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I begin to wonder if she wrote this in a bad mood or state of mind, unintentionally skipping on some relevant parts.
    I wasn't in a bad mood, but I suppose I might have skipped something? I don't think I skipped anything of real relevance but who knows.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default duals, duals

oh man! This is long, so brace yourselves

I've met my dual! I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've had a dual friend or any dual relationship for that matter.. I really can't bother to explain everything; but she's SLI and I always had doubts if I'm EII or IEE. Through our interaction I discovered how much of an IEE I am..
    Also, I've come to socionics conclusions, my sister is actually LSE my dad is LIE.. My mom is probably LSI..

What they say about duality, that you don't notice your dual at first – is soo true. I've started to realize how many potential SLI's I've come across in my life and probably just skipped right over them because I tend to see them as not special and just like all other people. I was sooo wrong.
    Anyway, this is great, duality is pretty great and I always had my doubts about this theory but this makes me realize that nope, it does work.

I also think there might be one potential SLI guy in my workplace..
    It's weird but I typed him Beta ST, and didn't even think that he might have been SLI. I thought he was a jerk and I'm pretty saddened by that judgment because I think I was plain wrong.
    I suddenly realized that he was always there and I just didn't take him seriously but since I've found this SLI girl, I think I know what to pay attention to now.
    He's pretty pessimistic and seems like he doesn't have anything to hold onto. He once told me that he just came out of a relationship of 2 years and he sounded so sincere for a moment. That really surprised me because I didn't think he was that kind of guy and the way he said it also surprised me.

He also had this weird request for a shopping bag, and I asked him why he needed a shopping bag and not a regular one, and he had a cute explanation that I wasn't expecting from him at all. He just seemed like this typical guy (LSI) that I usually see, Like Se and Ti and whatever.
    Also he wouldn't let go of that bag, after I told him in a very dry tone "we don't have one, I didn't go shopping today" he sort of asked me again but in a way that all of a sudden grabbed my attention, it was like that bag was going to save his life and I automatically stopped what I was doing and tried to help him find it in some places. Then he softened his tone and said something that made me laugh and then left.

It's weird because the way he asked me for that bag just automatically grabbed my attention and usually when someone uses Se to get me to do things I act up and try to act all smart and use my Se right back at them. It was different... It wasn't Se, it was cute...like he really needed me in some way.
    I also think he's been looking at me in a certain way.. and he's been trying to get a little bit of my already distrustful and scattered attention. I just thought he was the typical man. I think he even VI's as SLI, how did I miss all the signs?
    I miss out on all the good people because it's like a blind spot.. I think he's planning on leaving this workplace.. and I remember he sort of said it in an annoyed way and I was saying "great, that's good. really" because he wasn't very happy with what he was doing.
    God I'm such an ass. I'm on a week break from work and I'm not going to see him but when I get back (if he's still there...) hopefully I can still do something to see if my realization is right. If my hunch is right I might find my dual, finally!

Creepy-male

Congratulations! Good luck!

And remember...

EDIT

Upon further inspection...

Video not suitable for minors.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast