Thread: Smoking pot and reversing functions

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Smoking pot and reversing functions

To anyone who smokes pot regularly or has done so;

when I smoked pot in the past I noticed that my thought process changed drastically. For one, instead of going wide my thoughts narrow down into a path. Second I am painfully aware of breaks or breaches of my thought-process. I start thinking in "stories" rather than my fixed web. I become painfully aware of passage of time, to the point where I'm paranoid about how much time passed between one sentence and another (I'll ask people around me "am I boring you" and "how long passed?". I usually get a bit more mystical in my thinking where I intuit the truth behind existence in a much less cynical way then I do normally.

When i try to draw or write down my experience I find myself to be unable to fully understand what I was thinking after sobering up.

i short, I believe my thinking goes into Ni territory.

Is this similar to your experiences and thus ntr or alternatively do you recognise inverting to another set of functions?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I somewhat experience what you're saying?

Whenever I smoke pot, I tend to hyper focus on certain things. Repressed memories or memories that I even forgot that I had usually tend to pop up while I'm high as well.. It also heightens and intensifies the way I experience sensations (everything tastes and feels better).

Also, it makes me horny af.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"You know the Hedgehog in the Fog?"

"Yeah..."

"Well I've just been flicking through my life and the people I have known... And what if I'm the horse?"

I dunno... is that Ni?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time I smoked pot I thought, that the environment is not really real and that reality doesn't really exist, because it's just an abstract context of a subjective perception and therefore we know nothing and we are nothing in our cores. If we can not step outside of our own perception, all we have is an illusion and we're trapped in it for the rest of our lives...

I never smoked pot again...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, my thinking is already like that naturally.

Maybe this is why I never really had the urge to smoke pot. Aww no wonder why Ni dual seekers like it so much.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like smoked turkey not pot. Oh drugs do weird things to people.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-bg

im not high enough to respond to this thread.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    "You know the Hedgehog in the Fog?"

"Yeah..."

"Well I've just been flicking through my life and the people I have known... And what if I'm the horse?"

I dunno... is that Ni?
    :') look to the person right of you, look at the person left of you, if neither are the horse it's probably you

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    The last time I smoked pot I thought, that the environment is not really real and that reality doesn't really exist, because it's just an abstract context of a subjective perception and therefore we know nothing and we are nothing in our cores. If we can not step outside of our own perception, all we have is an illusion and we're trapped in it for the rest of our lives...

I never smoked pot again...
    Interesting, your stoned thoughts correspond heavily with my core nihilism that ultimately derives from my stoned adolescence.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Yeah, my thinking is already like that naturally.

Maybe this is why I never really had the urge to smoke pot. Aww no wonder why Ni dual seekers like it so much.

yesh I actually can see the draw although I find it only mildly amusing myself. It's a bit "much"

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    im not high enough to respond to this thread.
    there is an easy and practical solution to that problem

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I don't really know...pot can make me feel more extroverted in a way and I can just focus on a specific line of thought for a while..but when my focus is broken, its harder to remember that specific thought as opposed to being sober. I get super relaxed and more spontaneous, but at the same time have a lot more interest in my own thought processes and reasonings than when sober..and can entertain myself forever. When I'm sober I feel bored and antsy, while when high, everything I do is an exciting, interesting journey. Also I can eat everything in sight but never gain weight. So umm...I could see Si, Se, coming out maybe Ni. Though it feels a little reductive to try to reduce this to functions. At least, the OPs thought seems rather half baked and I usually look for a more thorough methodology when making these sorts of assumptions.
    its part of the exploratory stage of research, no need for thorough methodology.
    Your experiences are interesting, somewhat similar and somewhat different. I definitely get more introverted and even anxious when smoking pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    I think I somewhat experience what you're saying?

Whenever I smoke pot, I tend to hyper focus on certain things. Repressed memories or memories that I even forgot that I had usually tend to pop up while I'm high as well.. It also heightens and intensifies the way I experience sensations (everything tastes and feels better).

Also, it makes me horny af.
    i don't have the repressed memories, and I don't get horny either, I think for women that effect is more common than for guys. I also don't get better sense of taste unfortunately

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I get anxious and quiet on pot, it has a very unsettling effect on me. Too much of it and mixed with lots of booze throws me into semi-hallucinatory state. I'd say it throws my Ni into superdrive. Anyway, I hate it and smoke it only when I'm already drunk and think it's somehow a good idea to feel like a nervous plant. I wonder if there's any connection to which types prefer downers and which uppers? Cause I really don't see a point in anything that slows you down in any way - not in the middle of the day when chilling, and even less in the middle of a party.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I feel the same way. I feel like uppers make me much more productive... actually, they make me "normal". Like when I take concerta I act like a normal person who doesn't suffer from ADD. I'm also a lot more social. I guess I'm already naturally stoned.
    I can imagine pot is a nightmare for ADD sufferers : ) The more I think, I can't really figure out a trend. There's a bunch of SLI's and ILI's smoking their days away, but just as much fi-creatives with ADHD who are big fans of pot to calm them down at least a bit. The same goes for uppers. It's probably just what someone prefers - being alert, social and productive, or floating around in their own thoughts (well, duh ).

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I feel the same way. I feel like uppers make me much more productive... actually, they make me "normal". Like when I take concerta I act like a normal person who doesn't suffer from ADD. I'm also a lot more social. I guess I'm already naturally stoned.
    Uppers rarely effect me noticably with coffee and nicotine as exceptions. Downers have big effects but not necessarily nice. Psychedelics are my favorite since the enhance my natural state and make it "perceptible".

i think add will strongly effect the way you experience drugs, kinda like how Ritalin effects non adhd people in the opposite way. Nothing to back this up with though.

in general from this thread the link between the state and functions seems not that strong...

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A well know effect of pot that I've never experienced is feeling emotions more deeply, is this something many people experience here? I do take pains to pre-control my environment when taking drugs so that might explain my own experiences.

my musical appreciation increases a hundredfold though where I hear notes between the notes and melodies that were not expressed through even the simplest songs (although I prefer pink Floyd as trip music and its complex as it is).

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Interesting, your stoned thoughts correspond heavily with my core nihilism that ultimately derives from my stoned adolescence.

Nihilism is one of the few things that makes sense to me... Though hedonism is a bit more fun

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Nihilism is one of the few things that makes sense to me... Though hedonism is a bit more fun
    My nihilism fuels my hedonism it allows me to do whatever I want without feeling guilty about not getting closer to a goal.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only functional inversion I've noticed with weed, is that Si becomes less of an externalized burden for me, and (as a corollary imo) I become a bit more open to Ne. in regard to the former, it becomes this kind of fluid, inner awareness of how the environment is moving and where my boundaries really lie and how they can change with it, without my ever fully feeling encroached upon. I still maintain an implicit Se detachment though, so even if I'm enjoying food or something, there's a certain tension that doesn't go away and kind of keeps things in check, which I think makes sense functionally. in regard to Ne it's more of an intellectual thing -- when I'm sober my ideas are much more 'jagged' and explicitly defined, it's kind of a perpetual NiTi cycle; weed loosens things just enough to allow for more ambiguity and interpolation.
    Last edited by strrrng; 11-20-2015 at 06:18 PM.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    My nihilism fuels my hedonism it allows me to do whatever I want without feeling guilty about not getting closer to a goal.
    There is no goal and that is the goal... We are here to create our own meanings and our own plans, nothing and none can tell us who we are and who we should be. Creating your own is the fuel