Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I really Fe-valuing?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Points for Fe:

-I don't take the idea of 'rapport' or the inherent distance between individuals seriously and generally don't seem mesh well with people who value it...I view the development of relationships as fluid and spontaneous. If someone warms up to me from the get-go, I don't really find it uncomfortable..I'm usually receptive towards it.

-Unless I'm stressed out or particularly angry at the world, I avoid placing harsh judgment on others, even when they say things that I might disagree with from an ethical standpoint...as long as it's funny, I can sort of look past it and accept that we have different views on things.

-When interacting with someone, I tend to notice the level of receptivity/mirroring the person is physically showing..in fact, I'm actually pretty sensitive to it and can occasionally misinterpret Gamma/Delta seriousness.

Points against Fe:

-I don't really do grand displays of emotion or gushiness, at all...I smile and laugh genuinely when talking to people, but I've never been the type to 'let loose' or 'amp people up', nor do I consider myself responsible for making sure everyone in a group is having fun. My role within a group is one of receptivity, as opposed to being someone who consistently shows initiative.

-I can find it annoying when my Sei-Fe mom tries to approach me with excessively-merry Fe when I'm having a bad day...and kind of wish that she didn't view it as her responsibility to lift my mood in such moments.

-I see myself as an 'individual' as opposed to an indistinguishable member of a social group..in other words, I tend to experience myself as inherently separate from whatever's going on around me. I'm also able to maintain a sense of distance between my own views/interests/values, and those of the collective, even if I don't consciously expressing them..although admittedly, they seem to lose their level of importance once I'm in the presence of friends. These are mainly things I mull over in private.

-I can get a bit worked up over Fi-ish ethical issues.

-I avoid making quick judgments about people based on Fe-ish impressions (like "he's weird", "what a downer", "he never talks", etc.)
    I'm the opposite, i'm ILE and gushy. so, I dont think ethical equals emotional persé. Ethical types could be emotionally "gushy" or to the oposite emotionally "controlled". It's the level of control that varies between logicals and ethicals. Locals have a more hit/miss approach to emotionality, moods and or relationships in my opinion (more radical, or as some people put it less dimensional).

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I'm the opposite, i'm ILE and gushy.
    You're sanguine. So is woof, and he's considering switch from SEE to SLI these days. He's had his share of conflicts with EXEs and wants some paradise-like society, which fits delta > gamma stereotypically.
    Last edited by kopyk; 03-20-2014 at 10:39 AM.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm the opposite, i'm ILE and gushy. so, I dont think ethical equals emotional persé. Ethical types could be emotionally "gushy" or to the oposite emotionally "controlled". It's the level of control that varies between logicals and ethicals. Locals have a more hit/miss approach to emotionality, moods and or relationships in my opinion (more radical, or as some people put it less dimensional).
    I dunno if you're really ILE.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    You're sanguine. So is woof, and he's considering switch from SEE to SLI these days. He's had his share of conflicts with EXEs and wants some paradise-like society, which fits delta > gamma stereotypically.
    i think i'm melancholic, or at least, that was what test said I was waaaaaay back when I took them. I've been bouncier and happier last few years but I was one fatalistic depressed kid whay back ;-)

Also, gamma's scare me!

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I dunno if you're really ILE.
    Neither am I but it's a nice fit, SEI as dual sounds awesome and Alpha in general is the most likely quadra for me. I don't really think i'm ethical though.... I don't have the mad people-skilzz stereotypically associated with those wizzards.

edit: and if i'm not ethical my point still stands, logicals can be gushy!

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My overall impression is sanguine. Do you relate any to phlegmatic? How about choleric. As for gamma.... I'd say they're the melancholic quadra. Beta choleric, delta phlegmatic, alpha sanguine. One can go further: alpha CD cog EXXp positivist extravert NT EXTx sanguine or ILE quadra, beta DA cog EXXj negativist extravert NF EXFx choleric or EIE quadra, gamma HP cog IXXj negativist introvert SF IXFx melancholic or ESI quadra and delta VS Cog IXXp positivist introvert ST IXTx phlegmatic or SLI quadra. (this was aimed at refi)

To be on topic: I've thought of you as SLE too due to your dry, declarative-like, blunt, shrewd demeanor. (this was aimed at merc)
    Last edited by kopyk; 03-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My overall impression is sanguine. Do you relate any to phlegmatic? How about choleric. As for gamma.... I'd say they're the melancholic quadra. Beta choleric, delta phlegmatic, alpha sanguine. One can go further: alpha CD cog EXXp positivist extravert NT EXTx sanguine or ILE quadra, beta DA cog EXXj negativist extravert NF EXFx choleric or EIE quadra, gamma HP cog IXXj negativist introvert SF IXFx melancholic or ESI quadra and delta VS Cog IXXp positivist introvert ST IXTx phlegmatic or SLI quadra.
    To be on topic: I've thought of you as SLE too due to your dry, declarative-like, blunt, shrewd demeanor.
    This is aimed at suede?

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First paragraph is aimed at you, refi. Second was at merc. Apparently I posted in the wrong topic.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neither am I but it's a nice fit, SEI as dual sounds awesome and Alpha in general is the most likely quadra for me. I don't really think i'm ethical though.... I don't have the mad people-skilzz stereotypically associated with those wizzards.
    was it only my impression or Silke has you as a SLE-something .

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First paragraph is aimed at you, refi. Second was at merc. Apparently I posted in the wrong topic.
    Ah thx

My overall impression is sanguine. Do you relate any to phlegmatic? How about choleric. As for gamma.... I'd say they're the melancholic quadra. Beta choleric, delta phlegmatic, alpha sanguine. One can go further: alpha CD cog EXXp positivist extravert NT EXTx sanguine or ILE quadra, beta DA cog EXXj negativist extravert NF EXFx choleric or EIE quadra, gamma HP cog IXXj negativist introvert SF IXFx melancholic or ESI quadra and delta VS Cog IXXp positivist introvert ST IXTx phlegmatic or SLI quadra.
    Not sure i'm understanding this at all.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    was it only my impression or Silke has you as a SLE-something .
    I actually don't know what Silke's typing is of me. I'd need to ask her or see if she's maybe said something like that in my "type me" thread. However, many people think they see Ne and I don't really identify with Se/Si either (I'm kinda the dreamy don't notice something untill it's in my face type of guy).

edit: your quote in the other thread made me aware of what you mean I guess she types me as SLE or as someone funny

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure i'm understanding this at all.
    Its free form associations I guess. Stereotypically alpha is the childish, Ep-like, sanguine, nerdy (NT) quadra. You wouldn't really associate melancholy with alpha at an integral level now would you.
    Last edited by kopyk; 03-20-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its free form associations I guess. Stereotypically alpha is the childish, Ep-like, sanguine, nerdy (NT) quadra. You wouldn't really associate melancholy with alpha at an integral level now would you.
    Right, I agree with you!

One of the "problems" I have with typing and determining my type in particular is that I have strong differences in behaviour and even thinking. This is akin to, but not as severe as bipolar disorder as in, I switch between childlike alpha while high on energy (40% of the time) while I go to moody and extremely pessimistically delta?/gamma? behaviour when low on energy 60% of the time. I therefor find it hard to identify with types and or temperaments and such since there's a large fluctuation.

(don't go off now screaming i'm a bipolar!....too late ;-) )

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Perhaps the best would be typing oneself at one's best. Everyone looks like shit at their worst.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the best would be typing oneself at one's best. Everyone looks like shit at their worst.
    In that case ILE seems a good enough description I think.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this is one of the things that distinguishes me from an SEE friend I used to have in high school - she was pretty much always willing to make a scene over ethical issues, whereas I'd always be left wondering why she couldn't just let it go...

I definitely experienced her outbursts/quarrels as unnecessarily disruptive..although she's defended me a few times, so I can't really complain.
    eh....I've seen way more "scenes" from ESE-Fes' temper tantrums than any other type.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I don't really do grand displays of emotion or gushiness, at all...I smile and laugh genuinely when talking to people, but I've never been the type to 'let loose' or 'amp people up', nor do I consider myself responsible for making sure everyone in a group is having fun. My role within a group is one of receptivity, as opposed to being someone who consistently shows initiative.
    Not inconsistent with SEI.

Again. SEI very much can be quiet introvert oriented towards personal connection.
    -I can find it annoying when my Sei-Fe mom tries to approach me with excessively-merry Fe when I'm having a bad day...and kind of wish that she didn't view it as her responsibility to lift my mood in such moments.
    You find a parent annoying, o my gosh.
    -I see myself as an 'individual' as opposed to an indistinguishable member of a social group..in other words, I tend to experience myself as inherently separate from whatever's going on around me. I'm also able to maintain a sense of distance between my own views/interests/values, and those of the collective, even if I don't consciously expressing them..although admittedly, they seem to lose their level of importance once I'm in the presence of friends. These are mainly things I mull over in private.
    Alpha are democrats and Fi-devaluers. There is no quadra where "group" carries less meaning.

-I avoid making quick judgments about people based on Fe-ish impressions (like "he's weird", "what a downer", "he never talks", etc.)

I get the impression that Fe views emotion in terms of it's objective manifestations and how it contributes to social cohesion, whereas I feel I'm usually aware of the depth that's inherent to it as it relates to the individual experience...For example, I'm likely to feel bad for the one person that's singled out or viewed as burdensome by the group for some social reason, even if it helps maintain group cohesion...I won't make a scene out of it or look down on everyone else for doing it, but I can still feel for them (unless it's obvious that they did something malicious or uncalled for).
    Quite a low opinion of Fe you got there. You have defined it as superficial and even unemphatic. lol

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you'd cause a scene over animal cruelty though right?
    I have a hard time picturing myself making a scene, really.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI have cautious Fe. They often come off as shy, reserved Alpha-introvert types. That's especially true for -subtypes. ILE are more prone to outrageous displays of by comparison.

I tend to think of Fi vs Fe as guilt-based vs shame-based ethics. Fi types will try to guilt you into doing what they think is right, while Fe types will try to shame you into doing the same thing.
    @Reficulris IEI and IEE are both way more likely than ILE imo.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nefnaf View Post
    I tend to think of Fi vs Fe as guilt-based vs shame-based ethics. Fi types will try to guilt you into doing what they think is right, while Fe types will try to shame you into doing the same thing.
    Damn this is so spot on for the differences between me and my ex wive, I'd always appeal to the concequences of her actions where she was always trying to prevent me from shaming her.

I tend to be "clumsy" so i kinda sometimes make a fool of myself in public, like hitting children with my bag because I move wierdly...she on contrast has no problem with lying and that kind of stuff as long as no-one knows about it and will not feel guild afterwards.

@Reficulris IEI and IEE are both way more likely than ILE imo
    If you'd be so kind to check in in this thread? i'd made it today to aleviate my doubts about my type http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...dentity-Crisis!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it hard to decide between Fe and Fi, too. But that is only because Fe is associated with display of emotion and I'm living in a country, where people overall are not so bubbly and overenthusiastic and emotional (unless it's carnival or soccer world cup). So the standards are totally different. Whenever I get a little bit too hyper I'm reminded to calm down. I'm more comfortable with being able to express emotion, though. So, I guess for me it's Fe after all. :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    I find it hard to decide between Fe and Fi, too. But that is only because Fe is associated with display of emotion and I'm living in a country, where people overall are not so bubbly and overenthusiastic and emotional (unless it's carnival or soccer world cup). So the standards are totally different. Whenever I get a little bit too hyper I'm reminded to calm down. I'm more comfortable with being able to express emotion, though. So, I guess for me it's Fe after all. :/
    Check out NPA theory. Germany is NP habitancy (edit: scratch that, seems its polymorphic, could've sworn I've read it as NP tho). PA and NP both got poker face. A, NA and N are less restrained in general. For a nice pop culture comparison, PA and NP are probably more often blue, the rest probably more often red. Blue = melancholic, phlegmatic, red = choleric, sanguine.
    Last edited by kopyk; 03-20-2014 at 10:40 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out NPA theory. Germany is NP habitancy (edit: scratch that, seems its polymorphic, could've sworn I've read it as NP tho). PA and NP both got poker face. A, NA and N are less restrained in general. For a nice pop culture comparison, PA and NP are probably more often blue, the rest probably more often red. Blue = melancholic, phlegmatic, red = choleric, sanguine.
    It's actually quite funny, whenever a German person starts to get a little bit more enthusiastic. ^^
    Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWPKowiCnY => that is somewhat like me, I would probably not start jumping around, but the laughter which sounds extremely retarded is a lot like mine and I also clap my hands I've been told.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't take the idea of 'rapport' or the inherent distance between individuals seriously and generally don't seem mesh well with people who value it...
    this confuses me cuz i don't know how anybody could just not care about this...so either i don't understand where you're coming from or its an opposing values thing (or both)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neither do I.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't really know you, but from what little i have seen of you, nothing strikes out as being against you being sei. sei's are docile little things until disturbed.
    so very very true

you'd cause a scene over animal cruelty though right?
    Idk know if @Suedehead would, but I would/did.

edit: and if i'm not ethical my point still stands, logicals can be gushy!
    tbh I can't really picture you in any other quadra than Alpha...
    When it comes to types the only thing that comes to mind is that whichever type you are (if you're in doubt), you're leading with an extroverted function...

and you do remind me of ILE, but you are a bit "gushier" - then again people vary and I'm supposed to bo shmoozy oozy sweetie pie, so...
    it is very easy to relate to you so the only thought that shot through my mind was that if not ILE, you could be SEI-Fe but somehow leading with Ne seems to make more sense to me...and you don't seem LIIish, it's easier for me to relate to you than LIIs and ESEs but shhh...
    Last edited by aisa; 03-04-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I don't take the idea of 'rapport' or the inherent distance between individuals seriously and generally don't seem mesh well with people who value it...I view the development of relationships as fluid and spontaneous. If someone warms up to me from the get-go, I don't really find it uncomfortable..I'm usually receptive towards it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    this confuses me cuz i don't know how anybody could just not care about this...so either i don't understand where you're coming from or its an opposing values thing (or both)
    from my point of view separating the first sentence of Suedehead's statement from the second sentence entirely changes its meaning (either that or I completely misunderstood what he meant...?)
    I understood it that what's important is for the relationships to develop spontaneously and not interfering into how two other people interact in an uncalled for manner (?)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess I'll have to clarify..

While I don't cross any obvious boundaries, I don't view the development of relationships as something that can be divided into discrete stages with specific restrictions...instead, I see it as a fluid exchange that can develop at any pace depending on the level of chemistry I have with the person.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

okay, that makes more sense. i'm not really sure how it relates to Fi/Fe cuz ive heard that sentiment from Fi valuers too. and i do agree with it in theory if maybe not so much in practice.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Aww. That's pretty hilarious.

I hate being told to calm down when I get excited and and start Fe-ing haha. It feels very defeating and also shameful! It feels like I accidentally jizzed myself in front of people who don't appreciate public jizz, and I need to learn how to control my natural impulses so as to not be to ostracized or disturb others.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    I very much relate to what you wrote above (and I mean I can sign under at least 90% of it).
    Imo the things that you named points aginst Fe might be related with not leading with Fe rather than not having it in ego... at least that's how I see it.
    I wouldn't expect an introverted Fe-valuer to act the same way as an extroverted Fe-valuer would tbh...
    Depending on the extroverted and introverted types you're comparing I think Fe egos could seem similar behaviorally at times. Emotional expression may not be the best metric for that comparison, which is what it seems @Suedehead is concerned with in this thread, however something like an EIE and an IEI being similarly lethargic could often be the case.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't take the idea of 'rapport' or the inherent distance between individuals seriously and generally don't seem mesh well with people who value it...
    i don't know how anybody could just not care about this..
    Indeed how could they not care about it when that is what you see between you and them and behave according to.
    Is there inherent distance between individuals? Sure. Is that distance serious? Not to Ne and Fe it isn't.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Depending on the extroverted and introverted types you're comparing I think Fe egos could seem similar behaviorally at times. Emotional expression may not be the best metric for that comparison, which is what it seems @Suedehead is concerned with in this thread, however something like an EIE and an IEI being similarly lethargic could often be the case.
    yeah, I was referring with my opinion strictly to what was mentioned in the OP
    in general yes I agree there can be similarities, especially within quadras an certain functions in ego, but that didn't seem to be the main concern in the OP

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    yeah, I was referring with my opinion strictly to what was mentioned in the OP
    in general yes I agree there can be similarities, especially within quadras an certain functions in ego, but that didn't seem to be the main concern in the OP
    Agreed on all accounts
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After analyzing the dynamic between me and my mother, who seems to be SEI-Fe, I've noticed that I can't really relate to her emotivism and constant need for mirroring; in this sense, I'm clearly a constructivist. If I'm not in the mood for it, most of that Fe-prodding just bounces right off me; I'm much more likely to give a polite, subdued response than to go along with it spontaneously at the expense of my own moods and ruminations. While this is no knock towards her, I'm having a hard time seeing her as my identical.

Nonetheless, I realize that any further inquiry on my type will be redundant (especially after having received an admittedly unreasonable amount of feedback on the matter, which tells me that this 'typing in a vacuum' method isn't working), and that I'll be much better off stepping back from the typing process for a while so that I'll be able to observe my behavior and motivations naturally and eventually come to a comfortable conclusion...as opposed to putting every single behavioral trait under scrutiny - like I've been doing with these threads as of late.
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-18-2014 at 02:57 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of your points against Fe are things that i notice in all Fe egos. However, all of the points you make for Fe are things that i notice in all Fe egos. And like someone said above, especially in the Base function subtype.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Suedehead, you may be new to this but i like the way you put out your thoughts in such a structured, perceptive,rythmic and sensible manner - seemingly using correctly what you learn

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seemingly? More like seamlessly.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12